Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > Shania in the news
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 12-29-2003, 06:13 PM

spanish new single

as the slogan said "spain is different" and here universal has made a rare shania promotion

stated with iggg, releasing the singles, then promoted ka-ching, with video and radio promotion, not single release,fafa was promoted only in tv,thank you baby was promoted in october in only one radio station, the second most important here in spain, "cadena100",during 1 month , when you kiss me debuted in sol musica music channel, but for now i only saw it 1 time,it's something strange, maybe they did the premiere but nothing more, and now the new single is "up" with it's playing at europa fm,one of the best radio stations here,but not the most popular.

well this is the up! promo in spain:
october 2002
tv:iggg
radio:iggg
shops:iggg :2 singles

november 2002
shops:iggg maxi single; up 2cd edition;posters

december 2002
shops:up 2cd editon;posters;platinum & specials dvd's release

january 2003:
shops:nothing new

february 2003
tv:ka-ching
radio:ka-ching
shops:nothing new

march 2003:
tv & radio:ka-ching

april 2003
tv & radio ka-ching

may 2003:
tv & radio ka-ching

june 2003
tv:ka-ching ; fafa debut
radio:ka-ching a few airplay

july 2003:
tv:fafa with a few airplay

august 2003
tv:fafa few airplay

september 2003
radio:ka-ching & fafa with a few airplay

october 2003
tv:tyb & fafa & ka-ching few airplay
radio ka-ching & tyb with a few airplay
shops:up 1cd edition red cover

november 2003:
tv:wykm debut and death
radio ka-ching few airplay
shops:up live chicago dvd:2 weeks after intenational release

december 2003:
radio:up debut

well after all this explanation we should say that real singles in spain were iggg & ka-ching , fafa was played less than 20 times in the summer times in music channels, tyb only debuted in tv & was only promoted in 1 radio station during 30 days, when you kiss me only debuted 1 time in sol musica music channel, and now up it's been played in 1 radio staion only, we'll see how long & in shania's visit to spain it was played in one of the most important tv series once & she only visit 1 tv during her visit to operacion triunfo show,spanish version of american idol.

if i don't forget nothing i think this is all, and if i did, spanish fans will correct me,willie nelson's album as not been released yet and dolly's album as no promotion,and her new dvd was released later than other countries, i understand that she won't came to spain in her 2004 tour.
Old 12-29-2003, 06:28 PM

Location: Stockton freaking California. Where the sun shines wayy too often. Chicken Bum..
Send a message via AIM to Aimee Send a message via Yahoo to Aimee
lol wait what? does that mean that htey're promoting her really badly there, or they're doing a good job?
Shania rocks my socks.
avril lavigne, mary-kate and Ashley, that girl from "American Dreams", all the American Pie movies=devil's spawn! I;m serious.
Power to the 5'5'' and under!! whooho!
Old 12-29-2003, 07:22 PM
NO ONE NEEDS TO KNOW

Quote:
Originally posted by Aimee
lol wait what? does that mean that htey're promoting her really badly there, or they're doing a good job?

They're doing really BAD job!! You know, in general, spanish people prefer music in spanish since people in Spain don´t use to speak English very well. They prefer music they can understand, and they don´t know what they're mising!!
Of course in radio stations they play music in English, but if you go to a club, bar or whatever they play Latin music like Shakira, Ricky Martin or any other spanish artist.
NO TERRORISM ANYMORE!!!

- Lucia-
Old 12-29-2003, 09:12 PM

Location: Stockton freaking California. Where the sun shines wayy too often. Chicken Bum..
Send a message via AIM to Aimee Send a message via Yahoo to Aimee
Quote:
Originally posted by lucy
They're doing really BAD job!! You know, in general, spanish people prefer music in spanish since people in Spain don´t use to speak English very well. They prefer music they can understand, and they don´t know what they're mising!!
Of course in radio stations they play music in English, but if you go to a club, bar or whatever they play Latin music like Shakira, Ricky Martin or any other spanish artist.

ohh wow that's very interesting, but makes a lot of sense. THey need to promote her more there! even here, i think latin people are less likely to listen to shania also....i have a latin friend who i converted into a shania fan, and she converted her WHOLE family...they'd never even heard of shania before that! It's crazyyyyy.
Shania rocks my socks.
avril lavigne, mary-kate and Ashley, that girl from "American Dreams", all the American Pie movies=devil's spawn! I;m serious.
Power to the 5'5'' and under!! whooho!
Old 12-29-2003, 10:34 PM

I have a friend who lives in Gijon, and she has said that the promotion of Shania's album and singles has been awful so far with this album, with the exception of IGGG getting decent promotion.

Unfortunate that the promotion has not been too strong there and that the radio and music channels haven't particularly helped either but hopefully things will improve for the better once Shania starts toruing in Europe
Old 12-29-2003, 11:11 PM
Ausgezeichnet

Hi Portacoino and Lucy.
Let me tell you Lucy that I suffer the same in my country. We also speak Spanish, and Shania is almost not promoted too in my country.
In my country you can listen lots of latin artists as Shakira, Ricky Martin, Luis Miguel, Thalia, and some other spanish artists as David Bisbal, La Oreja de Van Gogh, etc. I really dislike all those artists. Also, in my country, you can listen lots of trash music from USA or Europe like 50 Cent, Eminen, Kylie Minogue, Justin, etc. I hate them, they are the worst in music.
In my country there isn't any Country station, but there are some radio stations that play a little of old country, and almost nothing new. The only new Country singers I've heard are Shania Twain and Faith Hill.
I listen Country music since five years ago. When I first listened Shania Twain singing YSTO, but is curious but I didn't know who was she, later I listened FTMO, but I still didn't who was singing, and finally until TDIMM, I listened to this song and I knew Shania was the singer in those two beautiful songs. Then I get interested in her music and I became a fan very soon. Now I own all of her. It's funny but I could say I became a Shania fan before watching any of her videos. But now that I've seen them all, I say Shania is the most beautiful woman in the world together with Catherine Zeta-Jones.
COO has been better promoted than Up!. From Up!, only IGGG and K-C! have been listened in radio, and now they began to play FAFA on the radio. IGGG was a good single for an artist not very well known, but K-C! had a terrible airplay. Up! has now been included in pop stations with the red version, but even though it has been not promoted well in my country. We have around 15 pop stations but you can only listen to her songs in 2 or 3 stations. I think her records company is not very serious. COO Intl version was very good sold, and some people has told me that Up! is doing quite well even with less promoting than COO. They told me that Shania has caused a good impression in people between 20 and 40.

Before Shania, I didn't listen to Country music, but since I listen to her, I also listen other Country artists as Faith Hill, Garth Brooks, Willie Nelson, Reba McEntire, Martina McBride, Sara Evans, Alan Jackson, etc. But Shania Twain is still my favorite.
I've been in the USA and Germany many times because I have some friends and family there. And I've seen she's better promoted in USA than in my country, and I've seen Up! is doing great in Germany, maybe better than in UK. Also I've been in her German Fan Club Website, and you can read the news and realize she's doing very good there.

For me is not easy to accept the way she's been promoted where I live. I've been thinking about moving to USA or Germany when I'll finish my studies, because is better to get specialized out of my country. I hope not to find problems because as I've said German and Spanish are my native languages, and I also learned Italian from my father, and I learned English when I was very young.

I really believe Shania is great, and she's so great that even with no promoting she sells incredibly, because I've read her promoting in USA has very awful too. UMG and Mercury should analyze her diamond (Shania), and give her more support.

Thank You!!!!
Danke schön!!!!
Gracias!!!!
Grazie!!!!
Old 12-30-2003, 12:14 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by SHTWCostaRica
UMG and Mercury should analyze her diamond (Shania), and give her more support.

Yep! You got that right for sure!
Old 12-30-2003, 06:06 AM
NO ONE NEEDS TO KNOW

Quote:

In my country you can listen lots of latin artists as Shakira, Ricky Martin, Luis Miguel, Thalia, and some other spanish artists as David Bisbal, La Oreja de Van Gogh, etc. I really dislike all those artists. Also, in my country, you can listen lots of trash music from USA or Europe like 50 Cent, Eminen, Kylie Minogue, Justin, etc. I hate them, they are the worst in music.

I Agree with you. I like all type of music, but i'm so bored of listen radio and the same artist everytime...

Quote:

I really believe Shania is great, and she's so great that even with no promoting she sells incredibly, because I've read her promoting in USA has very awful too. UMG and Mercury should analyze her diamond (Shania), and give her more support.

I think Mercury has to promote her better since Shania it's the only reason Mercury stills on the industry!!!
NO TERRORISM ANYMORE!!!

- Lucia-
Post New Thread Reply