Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > Shania in the news
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 11-04-2008, 12:42 PM

Possible Clue To CMA Surprise
Posted by Nashville Narc in CMA Awards, Shania Twain

Ok...so there is no denying that everyone has been guessing Shania is the CMA Surprise. Trust me we got an email about an even bigger surprise. Maybe that means there is actually two?! All I know is that the Shania fan club just sent this out:

CMA Awards Ticket Giveaway for the Shania Twain Fan Club

Shania has had many great memories from the CMA Awards. Over the years, she has been an integral part of the show, as a performer, a nominee and an award winner:
Nominations:
* 2005 - Musical Event of the Year"Party For Two" (Shania Twain w/ Billy Currington)
* 1999 - Entertainer of the Year
* 1999 - Female Vocalist of the Year
* 1998 - Album of the Year Come on Over - Mercury Nashville
* 1996 - Female Vocalist of the Year
* 1996 - Horizon Award
* 1996 - Song of the Year"Any Man Of Mine" (Shania Twain and R.J. Lange)
* 1995 - Horizon Award* 1995 - Single of the Year"Any Man Of Mine" - Mercury Nashville
* 1995 - Music Video of the Year"Any Man Of Mine" (directed by Charley Randazzo)Awards:
* 1999 - Entertainer of the Year

Shania's win as the 1999 Entertainer of the Year puts her in very limited ranks amongst women who've claimed Country's top prize, including - in order: Loretta Lynn, Dolly Parton, Barbara Mandrell, Reba McEntire, Shania Twain and the Dixie Chicks.

To celebrate country's biggest night, we have an opportunity for Shania's biggest fans. The CMA Awards have given the fan club a pair of tickets to giveaway to the show taking place at the Sommet Center in Nashville, TN on November 12. To submit an entry, it is easy. Just send an email to shaniatwaincontest@musictoday.com with your name, email address, address and fanclub member number.Entires must be received by 5 PM ET on 11/2/08. This is for tickets only. Accomodations and airfare will NOT be provided. Tickets will be will call only with no name changes. Do not enter if you do not plan on attending.We will notify the winner via email and announce on the fan club site.

You can make of this what you will....but I know we have some Shania fans on here....so did you guys get this last year? Just sayin'

http://www.nashvillenarc.com/2008/11...-surprise.html
Old 11-04-2008, 06:11 PM

CMA Awards Kickoff Concert

Rodney Atkins and Heidi Newfield will perform at the 2008 Chevy CMA Awards Kickoff Concert at the Sommet Center in Nashville, Tuesday, Nov. 11, beginning at 4 p.m.

Also performing at the free outdoor concert are the Eli Young Band and Kevin Costner and Modern West, featuring the popular actor from such films as Dances With Wolves and Field of Dreams. Kevin has played in bands for several years and this particular band’s history goes back around 20 years when Kevin and friend John Coinman formed their first group in Los Angeles. The concert, part of Nashville Celebrates Country, leads up to The 42nd Annual CMA Awards, which takes place Nov. 12 in Nashville.

http://www.countryweekly.com/cma_awards/scoop/3415
Old 11-04-2008, 06:32 PM
Board Administrator

I don't know but they sure are keeping it secret if it is Shania.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 11-05-2008, 04:47 AM

They sure are, as for the winner for the pair of CMA tickets, their name hasn't been put up on Shania's official site yet.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:41 AM
Steph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jud
did not talked about specific performances, but that some songs at UP! were aimed to a young audience - and the pondering to too many different ages, especially the teneegers who aren't her main fanbase did not good the the album's self-life.

And yes I know, you're started young with Shania, etc, but still her main fanbase is a an older, 30+ audience as I see it. And I personally think she shouldn't try and go after the young audience, which never was her main audience, just because the country industry does it.

I am a youth group leader and most of the teens know I Love Shania! I have had many tell me they love her music too. The majority of them will ask me if I know Up!...it is either their favorite song or Album. These kids are anywhere from 13 to 17 that would put them in the prime age for looking for a good role model. My daughter was 6 when first heard Shania and fell in love with her, she even wanted to change her name to Shania Twain. Up! is one of her fav's. I think Up! hit the teenage fanbase; it still has a good self-life for the teens out there (because I hear it all the time from many of the teens) and Shania is the perfect role model for all teens, for her not to go after this group would be a shame. I Love Up! and I am past 30+ I don't feel that Up! was directed towards the young listening audiences.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:37 AM

sure, there are young girls and boys who will ove her music, and sure she is a great role model, but I think it still not her main fanbase, but the smallest part of it.
And that age range is with the shortest attention range, and will quickly move on to the next "in" thing.

I think, very interestingly, Shania music is connecting much more with an even younger audience, under 12. But the tenneegers never were the main fansbase of her.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:52 PM

Shania has said herself that her audience is so diverse and she sees that at her concerts, like 6 year olds who know all the words to Whose Bed Have You Boots Been Under? and they weren't even around when it came out.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:13 PM

http://www.nashvillenarc.com/2008/11/narc-on-radio.html

Nashville Narc updated their news last night and are now saying they are ready to announce Shania will there, but it's not known yet, if she will just be presenting or performing.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:15 PM
Board Administrator

She did the ticket thing through the OFC in 2005 when she showed up. So we will see how true this is. It would be awesome if it were a performance.

-Chris

Old 11-06-2008, 11:22 PM

yeah, I think it would be great just to see her.

But, I still would be carefull, and not taking this granted. it still can be she won't be there.
Old 11-07-2008, 04:22 AM

With it being their 50th Anniversary, that may be the reason why Shania is supposedly attending. A performance may be out of the question at this stage
as her band members are all on different schedules and as you know Shania usually has them with her, if she has to do any live performances. So she'll only be presenting, I would think.

Last edited by amanda122 : 11-07-2008 at 04:34 AM.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:28 AM
Board Administrator

Shania may not necessarily be performing with her old band. She may be stepping in new directions.

What is really cool is that after being out of the spotlight for such a long time, look at the buzz she can still create.

-Chris

Last edited by cbspock : 11-07-2008 at 06:51 AM.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:50 AM
Who's On First?

Whose 50th anniversary? Isn't this the 42d CMA event?
Old 11-07-2008, 11:52 AM

Shania always has a way with turning heads in her direction and especially since it has been quite a while since Shania has been in the limelight lately...Look forward to the CMA presentations and Shania being there...Sounds good to be...I will definately be watching...I know that Shania's music is and always has been the best...

Benjamin
Old 11-07-2008, 01:39 PM

My God, it would be awsome to see her again.
I really hope she'll be there, maybe announcing a soon-to-be-released new album.
But I don't want to dream too much, just her to be there would be enough
Everything's goin' your way
Post New Thread Reply