Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > Shania in the news
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 05-24-2015, 07:05 PM
Board Administrator

Looks like her band is a mix of old, vegas and new

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...32906797&type=1

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 05-24-2015, 11:11 PM
Shania Crazy

Too bad JD Blair isn't returning
~ June 17, 2004 (Vancouver)
~ July 9 & 10, 2014 (Calgary)
~ June 7, 2015 (Vancouver)
~ May 5 & 6, 2018 (Vancouver)
Old 05-25-2015, 06:12 AM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

No JD?

Steve
Old 05-25-2015, 07:17 AM

I saw where JD is touring with Victor Wooten and has several shows this summer with him... Someday if they are near by I would love to go to that show... both amazing talents
Old 05-25-2015, 09:04 AM
Board Administrator

I am not surprised, that JD won't bur joining Shania on this tour since the schedule is so insanely packed.

-Chris

Old 05-25-2015, 08:38 PM
Fan Since 1998

I also heard Hardy won't return because he wants to spend time with family. He has a toddler, I believe. Not surprised by JD either. Alison Cornell who used to be in the old band lives in the same town as I do. I have yet to run into her. I don't know if she will be with Shania or not, because she was just on tour with Canadian artist Jan Arden.

Since the opening acts for the second leg are mostly TBD, I vote Casey James. He is country and he worked with Shania on Idol during "Shania Week" when he sang, "Don't." Casey or even Billy Currington...then she'd have a reason to bring "Party For Two" back.
Old 05-26-2015, 06:05 AM

No Hardy either. He is from Bangor, Maine just an hour from where I live.

Steve
Old 05-26-2015, 06:55 PM

[B]Shania Twain explains why the 'Rock This Country' tour will be her last

This summer, Shania Twain will do something she hasn’t done in over a decade: She’ll be going on tour. After spending the better part of two years performing as a resident at Caesar’s Palace in Las Vegas, the 49-year-old Twain will be taking her show on the road. Not only will it be her first series of concerts in 11 years, but she also intends for it to be her last.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/2...ill-be-her-last

Steve
Old 05-26-2015, 09:23 PM
Board Administrator

ou’re in the middle of working on your first new album since 2002. Will there be new songs on this tour?
I think it’s to be determined. Maybe the timing will work out so that we can do that. It’s hard to know how soon the new music will be ready. I’m working on it all the time, but the irony of all this is going out on the road is going to slow all of that down. That’s my dilemma! When I’m out on the road and putting productions together, I’m not working on new music. I think when you’re a singer and a performer and you’re not a writer and you’re not involved with the production, you’re not really creating stuff, you can just tour and record all the time and never run out of steam or worry about that balance. I just feel like I need to grow another me if I’m going to be able to do it all. I need to get my petri dish out or something, and duplicate my creative self so I can write and record and produce and perform all at the same time. And I’m a parent of a teenage child and I’ve got a lovely marriage, and I’d like to balance my personal life as well. That takes dedication. But I’ve got all kinds of albums I want to make that I’ve been putting off—I’d love to make a Christmas album at some point. I really want to give people new music.

-Chris

Old 05-27-2015, 05:29 PM
Fan Since 1998

New TIME interview, posted today: http://time.com/3897884/shania-twai...tour-interview/

Great tour details and album info. Sounds ;ike it's getting closer...or at least we have a better picture with the various interviews.
Old 05-29-2015, 01:15 PM

Just read this:

After two weeks of rehearsals here in Las Vegas, pop and country superstar Shania Twain is about to set off on her final road tour of 67 dates starting next Friday, June 5, and ending in Toronto in October.

I’ll catch up with her in San Diego in August and cannot wait to hear the final tour’s “Rock This Country” theme.

Although Shania says it’s a last live hurrah after her successful two-year residency at the Colosseum in Caesars Palace, she also says that she has major recording plans at the ready.

Her fifth album, the first since “Up” in 2002, will be recorded this fall now that she’s close to finishing the songwriting. She has originally hoped to record it during the Strip residency.

Shania credits the Las Vegas run in her Colosseum home with helping her get over the stress-induced vocal disorder that silenced her after the ugly divorce from producer Robert “Mutt” Lange, who ran away to marry her (ex-)best friend.

She says that she never used to warm up to go onstage but now needs 90 minutes to prepare her throat. She says that she’ll sing all of her hits on tour but focus on the rock side of their production with guitar-heavy instrumentals.

“It’s going to be visually exciting and very different from what we did in Las Vegas,” she said. “People will have never heard me this way before.”

One new song will be the rock version of “Party for Two” — her hit with Billy Currington, who headlines at Boulevard Pool in the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas on Friday night — that she‘s never performed live.

Another will be “Rock This Country” that she only performed here partly in an acoustic set. Shania says that she might try one or two of the new, self-penned album songs while out on tour.

http://lasvegassun.com/vegasdeluxe/...arsals-lv-ahea/

Steve
Old 05-31-2015, 03:58 PM
Shania Crazy

Party for Two - solo?
~ June 17, 2004 (Vancouver)
~ July 9 & 10, 2014 (Calgary)
~ June 7, 2015 (Vancouver)
~ May 5 & 6, 2018 (Vancouver)
Old 06-01-2015, 03:19 PM

She doesn't say. I would guess she would use one of her band to sing it with her, but that's only me? "Nah" "No One Needs To Know Right Now"?

Don't mind me, it's been a long day!

Steve
Old 06-01-2015, 03:45 PM

This article from the Wall Street Journal paints an interesting picture of Shania's new songs.

Quote:
What’s it going to be like?

It’s still me, it’s still my voice. The songwriting will be recognizable, but it’s much more introspective and it’s very autobiographical. People will see through that; I don’t mind the transparency of that. More so than ever before. I’m living with the songs in a different way than before because I’m writing it all myself. The engineer cried the other day when I did a vocal, so that’s a sign.

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2015...tour-interview/

I am still such a fan that I know I will always like what she does. Of course I will like some better than others, but regardless of what she says there, I think when she talks about less slick stuff, that will be the difference. Otherwise, I think she will have some good music, just a little different than we are used to. I really don't care because she has done it all including the 80's style heavy rock songs of her youth to some very nice country songs that Nashville has apparently decided to literally ignore, and that's their loss. Quitter should have been one of her biggest country hits, and on the CM charts, it barely got noticed. But that's life and she is moving on I guess by sometime around Halloween, we should know where she's at.

Steve
Old 06-04-2015, 02:00 PM
Fan Since 1998

ET video. Shania talks her BLONDE hair, new tour footage, and the upcoming album:
http://www.etonline.com/music/16561...nd_goes_blonde/

Full interview airs tonight.