Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[] Still the One in Vegas!
[] Shania on Spanish TV
[] Shania on French TV
[] Shania in TIME!
[] Shania on Today Show
[] Shania at Grey Cup
[] Shania on Late Show
[] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[]Chatroom
[] Board Members Pics
[] Timmins Trip Photos!
[] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > Shania in the news
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 05-18-2008, 01:36 PM

Well,
I'm only judging by what I've read. IF the quote's true, it doesn't sound to me Mutt's so sorry about the end of his marriage (I can't know if he's cryin' his eyes out at the moment, I'm not living with him..).
All we have are facts:
Shania hasn's spoken about it at all till now, and maybe she'll never do it;
Media had written Mutt said that stupid thing
For me is Shania-Mutt: 1-0
Everything's goin' your way
Old 05-18-2008, 01:59 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteotempo
Well,
I'm only judging by what I've read. IF the quote's true, it doesn't sound to me Mutt's so sorry about the end of his marriage (I can't know if he's cryin' his eyes out at the moment, I'm not living with him..).
All we have are facts:
Shania hasn's spoken about it at all till now, and maybe she'll never do it;
Media had written Mutt said that stupid thing
For me is Shania-Mutt: 1-0

Actually all we have is this....

Shania Twain and her husband, producer Robert "Mutt" Lange, have split, her rep confirms to PEOPLE. "Shania Twain and her husband, music producer Robert 'Mutt' Lange, are separating after 14 years of marriage," spokesman Jason Owen says in a statement. "This is a private matter and there will be no further comment at this time."

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 05-18-2008, 02:57 PM

It is my feeling that what Mutt said fits his and Shania's public personality. It is straight forward, simple, no blame given to anyone. The statement was done in a highly professional manner which to me represents the way that Mutt conducts his life. I agree that Mutt should not be considered the "bad guy" as it always takes two to have problems. At this time, let's all hope that the three of them Mutt, Shania and Eja have the support that they need and that there lives whether together or seperate will be happy and fulfilled with more wonderful adventures.
Old 05-18-2008, 03:05 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandypsych
At this time, let's all hope that the three of them Mutt, Shania and Eja have the support that they need and that there lives whether together or seperate will be happy and fulfilled with more wonderful adventures.

I totally agree.

-Chris

Old 05-18-2008, 03:29 PM

Me too, especially Eja, the most innocent one
Everything's goin' your way
Old 05-18-2008, 03:40 PM
#1 Shania Fan :)

IF the Mutt quote is real, and I have no reason to think that People would make it up, it does change my perception of him. He called the separation "unfortunate"????? The blame certainly cannot be placed soley on Mutt, not yet anyway, because we don't know the facts and probably never will. But, again, so far it certainly seems like this is a process he started, and one that took Shania by surprise. It seems Shania is the one hurting, and Mutt just says it is unfortunate.

I have loved Mutt's work with Shania, but I am first and foremost a Shania fan, not a Mutt fan or a Mutt and Shania together fan.

Perhaps the Mutt quote is inaccurate, but so far no one is denying it and that's all we have to go on.
Old 05-18-2008, 03:52 PM

Mutt is no doubt dealing with his grief but in his own way, it's his third failed marriage. Shania was his biggest success and he'll still be raking in the royalties even if he no longer serves as a producer or co-writer on any future album releases. If and when she's ready to face the spotlight, her music might be the thing she needs to help her move forward. It's always been her 'drug' and it got her through the rough times.

I think it's going to be especially hard for Shania to perform YSTO at any future concerts (hopefully, she will tour) because this was the most personal one she's ever written, which reflected her own relationship with Mutt - beating the odds.

Last edited by amanda122 : 05-18-2008 at 04:16 PM.
Old 05-18-2008, 04:19 PM
Men are like shoes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkalot24
IF the Mutt quote is real, and I have no reason to think that People would make it up, it does change my perception of him. He called the separation "unfortunate"????? The blame certainly cannot be placed soley on Mutt, not yet anyway, because we don't know the facts and probably never will. But, again, so far it certainly seems like this is a process he started, and one that took Shania by surprise. It seems Shania is the one hurting, and Mutt just says it is unfortunate.

I have loved Mutt's work with Shania, but I am first and foremost a Shania fan, not a Mutt fan or a Mutt and Shania together fan.

Perhaps the Mutt quote is inaccurate, but so far no one is denying it and that's all we have to go on.

I couldn't agree more. I don't think People magazine would make it up either. What i've been thinking is that Shania has said she has been in the writing process for a while now. She has said that for at least the past 3 years. Maybe Shania is coming to that time in her life where she wanted to settle down and be a mom and Mutt still wanted her to write. I mean their relationship started with their passion of music, and maybe if Shania doesn't have that passion anymore to continue making albums, maybe Mutt couldn't accept that. Sometimes if you only have one thing in common, and in the end that goes, the relationship might not work out.

Men are like shoes....made to confuse
There are so many of them...I don't know which ones to choose!
Old 05-18-2008, 04:32 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankandmaddie
. Maybe Shania is coming to that time in her life where she wanted to settle down and be a mom and Mutt still wanted her to write. I mean their relationship started with their passion of music, and maybe if Shania doesn't have that passion anymore to continue making albums, maybe Mutt couldn't accept that. Sometimes if you only have one thing in common, and in the end that goes, the relationship might not work out.

Maybe. We will probably never know what happened.

Shania did say in recent interviews for the Starlight promotion that she was in "nesting mode" and enjoying being at home.

-Chris

Old 05-18-2008, 04:39 PM
cross-stitching nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkalot24

I also have to agree with you! Like you I'm first and foremost a Shania fan! In fact before Shania I had never heard of Mutt...he didn't produce the kind of music I listened to and/or on the few occasions he did produce a song or two I would listen to I guess I never looked at who produce them. I'm just not a "fan" of his. While they were together I was happy for them even though I just could never understand why he never publicly supported her...not as Shania or as Eilleen when she got the hightest award her county gives to a cilivian. It doesn't matter whose "fault" this is...I'm a Shania fan now and I will always be one.

"Find Your Self Esteem And Be Forever Free To Dream" - Shania Twain
Old 05-18-2008, 04:41 PM

She's always had a passion for music and has never stopped being creative (in several TV interviews, she said, she's constantly writing and coming up with ideas for songs). They just went with the flow, but as we know, she could only get inspired if they took an isolated trip away somewhere.

She did want a life for herself outside her career, which is why it was so important for her to take a "sabbatical" and spend quality time with her family. Doing the whole domestic thing (buying her own groceries, doing her own laundry etc) also kept her grounded because she was tired of having everything done for her, which happens when you become a famous person.

As for Mutt, we aren't in a position to make any sort of judgements.
Old 05-18-2008, 07:01 PM
#1 Shania Fan :)

Or it could be the reverse: Shania wants to release more music, and Mutt wants her to stop so they can both be permanently out of the spotlight. We will probably never know.

If they can work things out, I hope they do. If they can't, Shania will have the support of many and she will make it through because she's strong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankandmaddie
I couldn't agree more. I don't think People magazine would make it up either. What i've been thinking is that Shania has said she has been in the writing process for a while now. She has said that for at least the past 3 years. Maybe Shania is coming to that time in her life where she wanted to settle down and be a mom and Mutt still wanted her to write. I mean their relationship started with their passion of music, and maybe if Shania doesn't have that passion anymore to continue making albums, maybe Mutt couldn't accept that. Sometimes if you only have one thing in common, and in the end that goes, the relationship might not work out.
Old 05-18-2008, 09:24 PM

I am still sitting here shaking my head and just worrying about our girl!! I think one eof us should type up a very nice letter to express our thought and just send it to her to let her know she has angels around her praying for her... I agree with everyone in this thred about the feeling of preforming ysto, moving on to produce new music and get back to what made her the international diva we know her as.. I just am still shaking my head.. I had a funny feeling about this when she came out with the single " dont " doesnt anyone remember that ballad.. and what the whole song met... I also kept this gut feeling Mutt didnt want her to be out in the spotlight, doesnt want her to become a hardworking superstar etc.. etc.. I just think in the back of my head that when they moved to the swiss, new zealand we wont see much of anything from her.. I know it takes awhile to produce an ablum but look how long it took for them to produce UP!! and I know in my heart Shania wanted more, wanted to produce more, but Mutt held her back a little.. I just have a funny feeling about it, I dont know if it is correct but this is what has been sticking in the back of my head for a few years.. I hope and I sincerely pray that Shania comesback is a great one, She comes back to her roots, herself and has that happy heart and happy face we all know love and cherish...

SHANIA IF YOU ARE READING THIS, I AM AS ONE OF YOUR BIGGEST FAN IS HERE FOR YOU AND AS MANY OTHERS, I LOVE YOU AND I HOPE THINGS COME BACK TO NORMAL FOR YOU AND JUST THAT YOUR THE BEST, YOU WILL SURVIVE AND YOU ARE JUST AMAZING.. CANT WAIT TO HEAR THE NEW SOUNDS AND SONGS PLUS SEE YOU GLEAM ON STAGE AND ALSO MAYBE A LITTLE SCREEN ACTION.. SMILE AND HUGGLEZ!!!!!
Come on over, Come on in, Pull up a sit..........UP! UP! can only go UP! from here...... That's Me, My Life Theory!
Old 05-18-2008, 10:25 PM
I'm Havin' A Party!

Send a message via ICQ to Shunyeuh Send a message via AIM to Shunyeuh Send a message via MSN to Shunyeuh Send a message via Yahoo to Shunyeuh
im still in shock as bad as this sounds i actually bought another copy of the up cd yesterday .... lol.. plus when i heard the news some fan from another country ask me about the news and i told him it was private and im not gonna talk about it.. and he actually stoped talkin to me cause i wouldnt say nothing.. i wou ld of if i hadnt been in shock.. im listening to shania cd right now..
I Had A Blast Giving Shania The Flowers And Seeing her Reaction! was the best Feeling Ever! Meeting Her Was Awesome! getting the oprah transcript signed was a blast and having her recognize me was cool!
Old 05-18-2008, 11:11 PM
Brazilian Shania Fan

Needless to say, I'm as saddened and shocked as anyone else about this... We all wanted more Shania news and the gang back to the board, but certainly not like this...

On a side note... the ACM awards happened tonight, right? Does anyone know if anyone mentioned anything about it during the ceremony? I'm sure everyone was talking about it, whether in front of the cameras or not...
Post New Thread Reply