Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > Shania in the news
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 10-08-2003, 10:11 AM

Official: Shania performs at the CMA

Press Release Source: Country Music Association

2003 CMA Awards Top Nominee Toby Keith Slated to Perform
Wednesday October 8, 10:59 am ET
More Star Performances Announced Including Martina McBride, George Strait and Shania Twain

NASHVILLE, Tenn., Oct. 8 /PRNewswire/ -- The stars align for "The 37th Annual CMA Awards." CMA has added to a growing list of Country Music's biggest artists scheduled to appear on the CMA Awards, with the announcement that top nominee Toby Keith; reigning CMA Female Vocalist of the Year Martina McBride; the artist with the most career CMA Award nominations George Strait, and the format's top selling female solo artist of all time Shania Twain will all perform during "Country Music's Biggest Night(TM)."
Hosted by Vince Gill, "The 37th Annual CMA Awards" will be broadcast live from the Grand Ole Opry House in Nashville, Tenn., Wednesday, Nov. 5 (8:00- 11:00 PM/ET) on the CBS Television Network.

Toby Keith racked up the most CMA Award nominations this year with seven including Entertainer; Male Vocalist; Album for "Unleashed"; and Song, Single, Music Video and Vocal Event of the Year for "Beer For My Horses," a duet with Willie Nelson. Keith is also eligible to take home two additional trophies as co-producer of the Single and Album of the Year. "Unleashed" has sold more than 3 million copies and his next CD, "Shock 'N Y'all," will be released the day before the CMA Awards on Nov. 4.

Reigning CMA Female Vocalist of the Year Martina McBride is nominated again for that honor in 2003. She first claimed the CMA Female Vocalist trophy in 1999. Her Greatest Hits project has been certified by the RIAA as double Platinum and her latest studio album, "Martina," which features the single "This One's for the Girls," was released last week.

Country mainstay and perennial favorite George Strait has received more CMA Award nominations during his career than any other artist with 71. He has claimed the trophy 15 times. So, it comes as no surprise that he is nominated again in 2003 for Male Vocalist of the Year. Every Strait album released during his 20-plus-year career has reached Gold or better and to date, he has sold more than 58 million albums. His current album is "Honkytonkville."

In 2002, Shania Twain selected the CMA Awards for her television debut after a three-year hiatus -- and she is back again in 2003. The 1999 CMA Entertainer of the Year is interrupting her "Up! World Tour," which launched Sept. 25 in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, to appear on the CMA Awards broadcast.

Previously announced stars confirmed to perform on "The 37th Annual CMA Awards" include Alan Jackson with Jimmy Buffett; Dolly Parton with Norah Jones; Brooks & Dunn; Kenny Chesney; and Patty Loveless.

The industry professional members of the Country Music Association vote to determine the CMA Award winners. The CMA Awards are produced by Walter C. Miller, directed by Paul Miller and scripted by veteran television writer and Rolling Stone Senior Contributing Editor David Wild. MJI Programming, a Division of Premiere Radio Networks, is the official radio packager of the CMA Awards, which includes the stereo-radio simulcast of the event. American Airlines is the Official Airline of the 2003 CMA Awards. The Awards will also be seen around the world, including BBC Two Television in the United Kingdom.

The CMA Awards became the first music awards show to be broadcast on network television in 1968. In 2002, the CMA Awards led CBS to its first Wednesday victory of the season in viewers and households with 38 million viewers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source: Country Music Association
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/031008/chw013_1.html
Old 10-08-2003, 10:22 AM

Quote:
the format's top selling female solo artist of all time Shania Twain

Hmm, I wonder if she'll sing Pretty face

This is Nov 5th... wasn't the German show Nov 7th?
She must fly out almost straight after her performance... poor Shania with the jet lag...
Old 10-08-2003, 10:29 AM

Yeah, but to nominate her?

Quote:
... and the format's top selling female solo artist of all time Shania Twain...

...In 2002, Shania Twain selected the CMA Awards for her television debut after a three-year hiatus -- and she is back again in 2003. The 1999 CMA Entertainer of the Year is interrupting her "Up! World Tour," which launched Sept. 25 in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, to appear on the CMA Awards broadcast.
Old 10-08-2003, 10:46 AM

That sound you hear is the Good Old Boys of Nashville laughing at her. "HA HA HA...no matter how we spit at her and her work, she'll do the show and get us our ratings. The girl ain't got no pride. Told ya so..."
Old 10-08-2003, 10:57 AM

Re: Official: Shania performs at the CMA

Quote:
Originally posted by Jud
The CMA Awards became the first music awards show to be broadcast on network television in 1968. In 2002, the CMA Awards led CBS to its first Wednesday victory of the season in viewers and households with 38 million viewers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source: Country Music Association
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/031008/chw013_1.html

..............and because of Shania CBS led the night and because of Shania they will lead the night again!
Old 10-08-2003, 11:05 AM

This is what Country Nation had to say

After she came up empty handed in the nominations grab, the addition of Shania has to surprise some. Not that the CMA would ask her to perform -- but that she would accept. It's called class.

I only agree with this to a point. It was class when she performed after the Woman in Me snub. It was class when she performed after not getting anything for Come on Over. Now, it's just silly. "Class" is lost on the CMA voters. They have none of their own.
Old 10-08-2003, 11:06 AM
cross-stitching nut

Boy, this is one time that I'm sooo happy that I live on the west coast because thankfully you guys will post when Shania is on the air and I won't have to watch any more of the show than I absolutely have to. Of course I hate the fact that I live on the west coast right now and all the concerts are on the east 'coast'. So I guess I'm even.

"Find Your Self Esteem And Be Forever Free To Dream" - Shania Twain
Old 10-08-2003, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tides24
This is what Country Nation had to say

After she came up empty handed in the nominations grab, the addition of Shania has to surprise some. Not that the CMA would ask her to perform -- but that she would accept. It's called class.

I only agree with this to a point. It was class when she performed after the Woman in Me snub. It was class when she performed after not getting anything for Come on Over. Now, it's just silly. "Class" is lost on the CMA voters. They have none of their own.

I think its more about how Shania respects of her fans - many of them not really involved in the details, just simple would really like to see her perform. And about her respect toward the genre, not its award show and Association.

Just because they don't have class, Shania will stay classy.
Old 10-08-2003, 11:33 AM

Well, maybe she can sit next to Chet Flippo, and he can tell her what a "cute little crossover" she is.
Old 10-08-2003, 11:45 AM

Specially if he will end the sentence right after the cute.

Maybe this is Shania's ways to deliver a message:

I AIN'T GOING DOWN! and nowhere. live with it!
Old 10-08-2003, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Debbie
Boy, this is one time that I'm sooo happy that I live on the west coast because thankfully you guys will post when Shania is on the air and I won't have to watch any more of the show than I absolutely have to. Of course I hate the fact that I live on the west coast right now and all the concerts are on the east 'coast'. So I guess I'm even.

I agree Debbie, I am only watching it for Shania, so if those on the East coast that are watching let us know what time Shania will perform so us on the West Coast can tune in.

If Shania has to be in Germany Nov.7th then most likely she will perform early............HOPE SO, so then the CMA's and CBS can really see the drop in the ratings when we all tune out!
Old 10-08-2003, 12:00 PM

I'm proud of her. I understand what she's doing. But I'm still very very PISSED! DOC
A never-ending song of love and the reason for your rhyme.

Thanks-ST
Old 10-08-2003, 12:35 PM

The new performers are listed on the front page of the Life section of today's USA TODAY newspaper, along with a small pic of Shania.

There are no pics of any other performers, of course. Shania and only Shania is used to bring attention to the event, as always.
Old 10-08-2003, 12:42 PM

The more they publicize her for their ratings purposes, the guiltier they look, and the classier she looks. You go, girl!
Old 10-08-2003, 01:45 PM

Shania does it for us the fans!She said in an interview that she knows how important it is to the fans to be at these events so she tries to go to as many as she can.Btw when are the cma's?