Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[] Still the One in Vegas!
[] Shania on Spanish TV
[] Shania on French TV
[] Shania in TIME!
[] Shania on Today Show
[] Shania at Grey Cup
[] Shania on Late Show
[] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[]Chatroom
[] Board Members Pics
[] Timmins Trip Photos!
[] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > Shania in the news
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 05-25-2003, 01:54 PM

Please More Help

I e-mailed my local raido station to the program director and this is what i wrote. Why am i hering more of kid rock and sherrill crow who the last time i checked were not country singers. And i hardely ever here shania twain new song forever and for always.
This is the responce i got, he said kid rock song is a popular song right now and shania twains wasnt and thats why they are not giving shania more airplay. I said how do you expect the song to get popular if you dont play it. And i also said you cant use she ant country enough for an excuse when you play kid rock,s song. I think fafa is as country as you can get. This guy just doesnt like shania twain there couldnt be any other reason.So what i need for everbody to do is flood his e-mail with request for the song.If you want to say you,re going to be switching raido stations if you dont here more of the song cause you know other stations are playing it more. here is the e-mail Roberts,John(Charlotte)
Old 05-25-2003, 01:59 PM

im sorry didnt give all of e-mail address
johnFRoberts@clearchannel.com
Old 05-25-2003, 02:09 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by jeff1394

Another clear channel station. We have those here in NY, and they are not playing it either, except it is on a AC station.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 05-25-2003, 03:03 PM
cross-stitching nut

Quote:
Originally posted by jeff1394

I sent him an e-mail - hope it helps.

"Find Your Self Esteem And Be Forever Free To Dream" - Shania Twain
Old 05-25-2003, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cbspock
Another clear channel station. We have those here in NY, and they are not playing it either, except it is on a AC station.

-Chris

YEP! Same with WTQR... They seem to have the worst attitude toward Shania.. I've been told they offer a master playlist to all their stations and the PD"S have to play certain songs a set number of times.....If you are not on the list NO GO.....
Old 05-25-2003, 03:11 PM

BTW- I read somewhere Clear Channel Entertainment is the sponsor of the Hyde Park concert!!!!!! That's a strange twist if true....... and do they have a corporate connection with the radio stations? It would seem they have to.
Old 05-25-2003, 03:20 PM
Board Administrator

It will be a great day when radio tanks and becomes totally irrelevent. Thank god for CD Players in cars. During the 80s I used to listen to radio all the time. Now in the car, I listen to my cd player. I used to listen to country radio when we had it, but once they pulled the 2 stations, I didn't go back to the pop / ac stations I used to listen to. I have listened more to radio since Up! came out, and I really don't like the AC Stations here. For a whole week on my way howm for work, each day, they played the same exact songs. I find they play more old songs than new on AC, unless your name is Celine Dion. If I was a DJ I would go insane. If these stations are playing from a master list, then why have DJs? Go totally automated, then we wouldn't have to put up with the insipid chit chat.

Payola rules at radio. It just has a different name. [Fees]

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 05-25-2003, 04:03 PM
cross-stitching nut

Quote:
Originally posted by cbspock
It will be a great day when radio tanks and becomes totally irrelevent. Thank god for CD Players in cars. During the 80s I used to listen to radio all the time. Now in the car, I listen to my cd player. I used to listen to country radio when we had it, but once they pulled the 2 stations, I didn't go back to the pop / ac stations I used to listen to. I have listened more to radio since Up! came out, and I really don't like the AC Stations here. For a whole week on my way howm for work, each day, they played the same exact songs. I find they play more old songs than new on AC, unless your name is Celine Dion. If I was a DJ I would go insane. If these stations are playing from a master list, then why have DJs? Go totally automated, then we wouldn't have to put up with the insipid chit chat.

Payola rules at radio. It just has a different name. [Fees]

-Chris

I agree 'THANK GOD FOR CD PLAYERS'!! I have e-mailed your stations: Chris, sas and now jeff's all with no response from those stations. I have e-mailed the program director at KZLA so often she doesn't respond to me any more. Mind you I have never been mean or nasty to any of them. I think was got her was when she told me that KZLA was lowering the amount of spins for FAFA because it was falling on the charts and I e-mailed the latest billboard charts for country, pop, ac and cmt all with FAFA being UP and said falling down? She has not e-mailed me since. All I can say is that I'm a happy camper - my husband and I just got a new Honda Accord with a 6 disc in dash cd changer. Disk 1 - Shania Twain; disk 2 - Woman In Me; disk 3 - COC; disk 4 - UP! - Green; disk 5 - UP! - Red; disk 6 - Martina McBride Greatest Hits (I know not Shania but a great singer). My cd changer in the house plays all the time. So I agree - Thank God For CD players!

"Find Your Self Esteem And Be Forever Free To Dream" - Shania Twain
Old 05-25-2003, 04:27 PM
From This Moment On!

Send a message via AIM to Mary R Send a message via MSN to Mary R Send a message via Yahoo to Mary R
Debbie, I seem to have the same problem with the local radio station I listen to. Been sending e-mails to the PD too, all I ever got back from him was about how Shania was considered Country and only had a few cross-over songs and that they were a AC station and Shania's FAFA wasn't doing well on the AC stations so that was why she wasn't being played on their station. Should her song FAFA hit it big on the AC station then they would play it. So I sent him the info from Billboard's site on the AC chart and haven't heard from him since. I'm afraid I ticked him off. Yep, so glad for my CD player in the car!

By the way, I love your Avator!

Mary R