Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > General
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 08-01-2003, 05:00 PM
Board Administrator

Okay...we hiked our butts up to 59th and 5th Ave.

We got right up front, next to the VIP area, again...what ever cronies from CBS, not even fans got the spots. However, Warrior starting talking with the security guy, and well...we got into that area. Shania was not more than 6 feet from us. She again recognized the "puppets" from chicago, and gave a wave and a smile. That was cool!!! The bad thing, right behind us were the press photographers. We had to put up with really VULGAR language, and comments directed at Shania. That REALLY PISSED ME OFF. There were little kids around us. I'll try to be G-rated, but one comment, that was made by a photographer, when Shania took a bottle of water between songs, and he alluded to something really gross [ala Bill Clinton/Monica Lowensky]. Warrior caught the comment, and well, turned the the photographer and yelled "Have some respect!!!" way to go warrior!!!!!

The host Harry ???? don't remember his last name. Had his facts all wrong. He commented that the concert that was being taped would be on CBS This Morning on August 20th. "a day before your son's birthday" Warrior and I were like ?????? Shania let the comment go, she just rolled her eyes. He also introduced the wrong song, so Shania stopped the show in it's tracks. Corrected him, and they had to re-shoot the opening. Shania had less sound problems on CBS this morning, and was more animated going around the stage. Of course the photographers behind us were still making rude comments, I felt like I was back in freakin High School. If Mutt was around, man, some of those press guys I bet would be sucking concrete, if Shania heard them, they'd definitely be sucking concrete...lol Then to top it off, a fight nearly broke out between the photographers, security had to step in and break it up. Shania had to re-do, her YSTO segment.

Shania wore what looked like a tie dyed t-shirt, and colored jeans. The shirt was very "debbie gibson-ish". If you see Debbie's "We could be together" video, it was the same type of orang-ish shirt.

CBS didn't give Shania a chance to go around and sign autographs like she did on Today show, which is too bad, we were soooo close. I guess I will have to live with the wave and the smile

Shania sang, IGGG, YSTO, FAFA, and Nah!

They were trying to beat the rain. Shania's make-up person, I think her name was Stacey? Warrior probably remembers, made a comment that her make-up needed to be touched up, Shania commented, "...if it rains, it goes to hell any way, we'll all just take a shower together"

The hosts on the show, interviewed Shania, it was the typical stuff. It did get a little childish, when they joked with Shania, when Shania mentioned that she would nurse between recording tracks. Shania stepped in and said that any working mom knows what that is like.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 08-01-2003, 05:03 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by tankandmaddie
Shania did seem a little quiet. Maybe she was ticked. I have been saying that the band didn't look like they were playing, but nobody seemed to see the same thing I saw. Did Shania have a cold or something, is that why her voice was raspy?

I think the band was in a box. Shania did sing though. We had crappy humid weather today, it was not nice out, warm, muggy and that was affecting her voice. It was a "bad hair day" After rehearsal, someone gave Shania a stuffed animal, and Shania thanked them, and commented, to a question that was asked... "my son isn't even up yet" ..lol

-Chris

Last edited by cbspock : 08-01-2003 at 05:07 PM.
Old 08-01-2003, 05:19 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by cbspock
Shania did recognize the "puppets" from Chicago. Warrior caught her eye, and Shania mouthed "you were at Chicago" and smiled, before continuing with Nah.

You are officially my idol Warrior! Tonight I am going to have to wear my Shania hand puppet too..LOL!
Old 08-01-2003, 05:29 PM

Thanks for the report, spock. It's horrible to hear about how those press reporters treated Shania, though. People like us would give anything to photograph Shania like that, and these disrespectful morons abuse such privileges. I would've thrown down some angelic wrath of heaven on their sorry butts.

Everything seemed fine on the NBC show. I didn't notice any problems watching it on TV and it all appeared to go pretty smooth.
Old 08-01-2003, 05:31 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by AngelGuy

Everything seemed fine on the NBC show. I didn't notice any problems watching it on TV and it all appeared to go pretty smooth.

We saw all the problems.

-Chris

Old 08-01-2003, 05:33 PM
Board Administrator

The only reason to go to these things is to support Shania, but I would seriously reconsider going again. Shania was great!!! The experience stunk.

-Chris

Old 08-01-2003, 05:36 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by AngelGuy
Thanks for the report, spock. It's horrible to hear about how those press reporters treated Shania, though. People like us would give anything to photograph Shania like that, and these disrespectful morons abuse such privileges. I would've thrown down some angelic wrath of heaven on their sorry butts.

There were at least 20 photographers at each show, the funny thing is, we will be lucky to see maybe one picture in our local papers. Some of photographers looked slimey too.

Oh...I take back what I said in Chicago, New Yorkers are more rude.

-Chris

Old 08-01-2003, 05:43 PM
Board Administrator

Pictures............

TODAY SHOW

I love this one!!!

Old 08-01-2003, 05:47 PM
Who's On First?

Early Show Taping/Wireimage 8 1 03

Old 08-01-2003, 05:59 PM
Board Administrator

Today show online...............

http://www.msnbc.com/news/946966.asp
Aboard the Shania train

Aug. 1 — Before she performed on the Plaza, Shania Twain rocked Chicago’s Grant Park with her first U.S. concert in two-and-a-half years. The concert will air Aug. 19 on NBC, but “Today” was there with a backstage pass.

THOUSANDS PACKED Grant Park to hear Shania sing what she called “a straight ahead party in the park kinda concert.” The cameras were rolling for an NBC special called “Shania Up! Live in Chicago.”
Shania certainly has a lot to be “up” about. Her latest CD has sold more than 9 million copies. And in a recent poll of “beer drinkers” in her native Canada, the singing sensation was voted the country’s sexiest celebrity. And although she says she doesn’t feel sexy at all, it’s safe to say the voters were sober at the time.
“I see myself more as a sporty person. I find myself kinda goofy, quite honestly, for the most part,” says Shania. “I think I probably say the most about myself in my music.”

That music includes girl-power anthems like “I Feel Like a Woman,” “I’m Gonna Getcha Good” and patriotic jams like “Rock This Country.” She’ll take them all on the road in the U.S. starting in September, as part of her World Tour that’s so far spanned Europe, Australia and Japan.
“I can’t wait,” says Shania. “It’s the big reward because the audience has a different face every night. Every city has a different personality and it’s great fun. It really is like a party. I really, really enjoy it. There’s nothing like it and it’s really why I do what I do.”

Old 08-01-2003, 06:51 PM

Location: Stockton freaking California. Where the sun shines wayy too often. Chicken Bum..
Send a message via AIM to Aimee Send a message via Yahoo to Aimee
Quote:
Okay...we hiked our butts up to 59th and 5th Ave.

We had to put up with really VULGAR language, and comments directed at Shania.
-Chris

so she didn't hear any of it right?
Shania rocks my socks.
avril lavigne, mary-kate and Ashley, that girl from "American Dreams", all the American Pie movies=devil's spawn! I;m serious.
Power to the 5'5'' and under!! whooho!
Old 08-01-2003, 06:56 PM

Location: Stockton freaking California. Where the sun shines wayy too often. Chicken Bum..
Quote:
Originally posted by Debbie
Thanks for the report Chris. I'm looking forward to part 2.

Warrior CONGRATULATIONS on having Shania recognize you and your puppet!!!!! You said that you thought that she would and you were right! And you even got your puppet signed - WOW It is going to take you a month to come down from this! How is you sister? How many rootbeers have you had today? You are so lucky - not really lucky because I know that you worked very hard to get so close to Shania - again congratulations!

sorry i must be slow or something, but what puppet are you guys talking about?
Shania rocks my socks.
avril lavigne, mary-kate and Ashley, that girl from "American Dreams", all the American Pie movies=devil's spawn! I;m serious.
Old 08-01-2003, 07:11 PM
Who's On First?

Quote:
Okay...good thing there is an hour and a half train ride home or this would be a really negative post.

I missed my freakin train, since the cab got me to the station 5 minutes late So, I had to wait an hour to catch the next train. Warrior and I didn't hook up until after the Today Show. She atleast got into the pit where the concert was. I was on the 2nd level, but I did have a good view of Shania. I caught the tail end of rehearsals. Shania did recognize the "puppets" from Chicago. Warrior caught her eye, and Shania mouthed "you were at Chicago" and smiled, before continuing with Nah. Shania had lots of mike problems on the Today show, I have not watched my tape of the broadcast, so I don't know what got on TV. Shania definitely was not pleased, she was giving the techies, the "you are dead" stare All three songs she sang on Today were "album-ish" versions, they were not what we heard live in Chicago. I think the band was not playing, I think it was pre-recorded tracks. The way they had Shania mixed, her voice was too loud for the music, and it made her sound flat in spots. Also, when she started singing TDIMM, her mike was off. I almost thought Darth Shania was going to make an appearance after that, but you know Shania, the total pro that she is, didn't miss a beat.

When Katie and Matt came out to interview her, the sound was all messed up, and where did they get the 9 million in sales for Up! ????

Other than that Shania was her usual animated self.

Some other things............
Warrior would have been out infront if it weren't for the TV station, radio station, cronies with the vip passes Warrior, being warrior did manage to get the "puppet" autographed.

Shania made a comment about the weather giving her a raspy voice this morning, and that it gave her a sexy edge...lol

I did get to meet new fans where I was standing, and they were familiar with this board, and the OFC. It is so amazing how Shania fans just "click" when we meet up, even if they are total strangers. We even swapped email addresses. Out of the fans we met, I think Warrior and I were the only hardcore fans around.

I really think Nah! is going to be the next single, Shania sang it on CBS This Morning. She seems to be testing out the reactions to it.

My final impression of the Today Show, without seeing what made it to TV was that Shania was not happy with it.

So ended our Today Show experience. The CBS thing is a whole story in itself....... [my next post---working on it now]

-Chris
I presumed the 9 million was their guesstimate on worldwide sales. It is about right from what I am hearing.
Old 08-01-2003, 07:31 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Aimee
so she didn't hear any of it right?

Nope.

-Chris

Last edited by cbspock : 08-01-2003 at 07:34 PM.
Old 08-01-2003, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Nope.

-Chris

Good then! Shania doesn't deserve to hear that. That is so awful that they would say that though! man, did they want a reaction from her or something? I don't understand why they would say vulgar things, but it's horrible to hear that they did.
And fighting while she is singing?! how immature! goodness....
atleast you got to see her perform! that must have been nice to watch from so close!!! NIce Debbie Gibson comparison too, that made me giggle.
Shania rocks my socks.
Post New Thread Reply