Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[] Still the One in Vegas!
[] Shania on Spanish TV
[] Shania on French TV
[] Shania in TIME!
[] Shania on Today Show
[] Shania at Grey Cup
[] Shania on Late Show
[] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[]Chatroom
[] Board Members Pics
[] Timmins Trip Photos!
[] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > Shania in the news
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 12-03-2006, 11:50 PM

http://www.myfoxdc.com/myfox/pages/...TY&pageId=1.1.1

Shania sat right in front of Reba! Watch the video on the above link!
Old 12-03-2006, 11:55 PM

You can see Shania and Reba singing along!
Old 12-04-2006, 12:01 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
http://www.myfoxdc.com/myfox/pages/...TY&pageId=1.1.1

Shania sat right in front of Reba! Watch the video on the above link!

FANTASTIC finding Matt!! You can indeed see both Reba and Shania singing in the audience...Reba is putting together an album of duets..I am hoping she took this opportunity to ask Shania to join her for one duet on Reba's next album....
Old 12-04-2006, 12:07 AM

FV, I totally forgot about that! I sure hope she did ask Shania!
Old 12-04-2006, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
You can see Shania and Reba singing along!

Thanks for the link, it was cute to see Shania and Reba singing along. It looks like Shania was having a great time but it seems maybe that is the only singing Shania did tonight?? In the newscast it says that Kenny Rogers was singing and then another link said Jessica Simpson was going to perform 9 to 5. Anyone see anything about Shania performing afterall???
Old 12-04-2006, 01:27 AM

Send a message via AIM to shaniawarrior Send a message via Yahoo to shaniawarrior
*takes deep breath* You mean to tell me that Shania was only an hour away from me AND I MISSED IT?!?!?!? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it! I TOTALLY would have gone up there just to cheer her on while making an entrance! LOL Thanks for all the awesome pics, guys! I can't wait to watch this on TV!

Does anyone know if Shania is still in DC? Cause yeah, I have tomorrow off. LMAO

A HYPER Shania fan,
Desiree

"I'm a vegetarian, Brad. I eat TOFU TUNA!! *slap*" ~Shania in "I Heart Huckabees"
Old 12-04-2006, 01:27 AM

Artists get a star-studded salute

By Karen Thomas, USA TODAY
WASHINGTON The sounds of country, Motown, Broadway and classical music combined with Hollywood star power in the nation's capital Sunday for the Kennedy Center Honors.
Stars from across the entertainment industry turned out. Among them: Tom Hanks, Liam Neeson, Reese Witherspoon, Aretha Franklin, India Arie, Jessica Simpson, Shania Twain, Reba McEntire and Josh Groban.

They gathered to pay tribute to director Steven Spielberg, country's Dolly Parton, Motown's Smokey Robinson, Broadway composer Andrew Lloyd Webber and conductor Zubin Mehta. The stars joined President Bush and first lady Laura Bush for the 29th awards ceremony, in which the Kennedy Center recognizes artists for their lifetime contribution to the arts and to American culture. The two-hour gala in the center's opera house was taped to air Dec. 26 on CBS (9 p.m. ET/PT).

Witherspoon and Simpson were there to honor fellow blonde Parton. Simpson relied heavily on cue cards to perform 9 to 5 and missed a few lines.

"Dolly, you make me so nervous I can't even sing the words right," Simpson said before leaving the stage.

Witherspoon fared a little better with the same Parton tune just moments earlier. The Walk the Line Oscar winner warbled several lines of 9 to 5 a cappella before giggling, "Someone else will sing this better later."

The show featured plenty of musical numbers. Parton also was celebrated by a duet from American Idol's Carrie Underwood and Kenny Rogers, who sang Islands in the Stream.

Another duo, Hanks and Neeson, paid tribute to Spielberg. Hanks introduced five World War II veterans and a Holocaust survivor during the show. Renee Firestone, the Holocaust survivor, emphasized the importance of the work of the director of Schindler's List and Saving Private Ryan. "Thank you, Steven, for what you have done for history. You are our hero."

Webber said the Kennedy Center award was better than a Grammy or an Oscar because "it's not connected to any of the industry." His former wife, Sarah Brightman, introduced the segment honoring him. When Broadway star Betty Buckley paid tribute by singing Memory from Webber's Cats, the audience responded with a standing ovation.

During the segment honoring Robinson, which was introduced by Franklin, Cee-Lo Green of Gnarls Barkley and Arie sang Going to a Go-Go, and Sam Moore and Jonny Lang performed Tracks of My Tears.

Robinson spoke earlier about receiving the honor: "It means everything to me," because the award is "for your impact on society."

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people...htm?POE=LIFISVA
Old 12-04-2006, 01:29 AM

Taking Names

KenCen notebook
Seen and heard at the weekend doings for the five recipients of this year's Kennedy Center Honors:
Kennedy Center Chairman Stephen A. Schwarzman has his hands full helping the arts center to reach new heights each season.
But sometimes, the gig has its perks.
Mr. Schwarzman gets to drapethe Kennedy Center Honors ribbons around the winners every December, a simple act thattookon a new flavor this year when it came time to decorate Dolly Parton.
Ever the gracious Southern gal, Miss Parton, kissed Mr. Schwarzman twice, once on each side of his face, after he looped the award around her.
He stood there, beaming, while Miss Parton's smile only got brighter.
"He's enjoying it too much," she cried to the crowd's delight.
CBS newscaster Julie Chen looked smashing in form-fitting fluorescent purple and made a graceful entrance on the arm of her hubby, network chief Leslie Moonves--despite a wee problem with a ripped hemline.
Wardrobe malfunctions weren't on the mind of Jessica Simpson, stunning in basic black with flaxen tresses pulled back in a graceful chingon. Also fetching: India.Arie, stunning in silver; and Shania Twain -- radiant in white chiffon.

http://washingtontimes.com/entertai...01236-1385r.htm
Old 12-04-2006, 01:32 AM

High-Fived

Quote:
Even the stars get starry-eyed at this black-tie, silk-gowned, stiletto-heeled, double-take-whiplash-inducing affair: There's George Lucas and Itzhak Perlman and Ted Kennedy and Barbara Walters and Michele Lee (from "Knots Landing") and Shania Twain.

Shania Twain! Zubin Mehta's young granddaughter Shenaya was excited to meet her, telling the crossover country star that they share the same name. Which prompted Twain to ask the granddaughter of the former director of the New York Philharmonic if she was named after her, a songstress whose hit list includes "Man! I Feel Like a Woman." Shenaya Chinoy said she answered, after a brief pause: No.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dy...6120301057.html
Old 12-04-2006, 01:41 AM

She is stunningly beautiful. Wow. I literally gasped when I first saw the pic of her in the pink gown. Go ahead, In Style magazine, ignore her now. Ha!
Old 12-04-2006, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the link, it was cute to see Shania and Reba singing along. It looks like Shania was having a great time but it seems maybe that is the only singing Shania did tonight??

Yep, she did not performed, just attended.
Old 12-04-2006, 02:23 AM
... love her ♥

Send a message via MSN to Rita-ItalianFan
found 4 new pics...

Her smile gets me through the day...
Old 12-04-2006, 02:25 AM

The third picture above is why I don't like dresses like this. If you don't stand with a straight back, as you you should, it becomes not flattering.
Old 12-04-2006, 02:50 AM
... love her ♥

Send a message via MSN to Rita-ItalianFan

Her smile gets me through the day...
Old 12-04-2006, 04:48 AM

Now this is confusing, from this article seems Shania sang? however the other articles did not mentioned it:

Quote:
A six-minute film biography offered context about Parton's life, times and music, with McEntire voicing a narrative that claimed that Parton changed the popular notion "of what a poet looked like."

Parton sat next to Spielberg and Mehta and to the right of President Bush and first lady Laura Bush as other performers delivered some of her best-known material. Kenny Rogers and CMA female vocalist of the year Carrie Underwood sang together on a reinvention of "Islands In The Stream," a smash for Rogers and Parton more than two decades ago.

Alison Krauss, whose gentle trill sometimes recalls Parton's own, formed a trio with Suzanne Cox and Cheryl White in singing "Jolene" and "My Tennessee Mountain Home." Krauss then contributed harmony vocals on Shania Twain's version of "Coat of Many Colors."

http://www.dicksonherald.com/apps/p...374/1297/MTCN02