Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Fans Area > Life, Music, etc...
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 06-28-2007, 09:51 AM
Administrator

Farewell Joni

This is not an easy post to make. Most of the users on this messageboard have known and /or met Joni Sheaffer from the STNAOFC over the past six years. She has been a fantastic Shania fan over the years, a superb mother and wife, a moderator for this messageboard, a great organizer for the STNAOFC annual auction and fundraiser, as well as other many special projects, a very good friend to many here and more. Many Shania fans have often admired Joni’s wonderful words about Shania, eloquently speaking to support Shania’s privacy and time with her family, out of the public eye.

We have been informed by Joni’s husband, Neil, that on June 25, 2007 Joni has been struck by a minivan while mowing the lawn near the highway and very sadly has passed away at the age of 40.

When we lose a friend, especially so suddenly, the pain is always very deep. There is no doubt in my mind that no one among Shania fans in particular will ever forget Joni, even more so when listening to a touching Shania song, or when at a concert.

The moderators and administrators at the STNAOFC have been thinking about how to best honor Joni and her love for Shania music. If you have any idea about how to celebrate Joni and her life, please feel free to post it here in this thread or if you prefer you can email it to any of the moderators/administrators. We have sent an email to Joni’s husband expressing the condolences of all Shania fans from the STNAOFC. If you would like to send your condolences to the Sheaffer family as well, to let them know how important Joni has been as a friend and Shania fan, please post them here and the STNAOFC will forward all the posts to Neil and their two children.

Please keep Joni and her family now in your prayers.

The Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Joni.jpg (41.9 KB, 586 views)
Old 06-28-2007, 10:34 AM

Very sad and tragic news indeed.

My condolences to her family.

Fancon 3 was a blast! Thanks to all who made it so, including all my new Shania friends.

Shania Twain Centre.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:33 AM

Send a message via AIM to resessions
It is very difficult to deside what to post here. I had an opportunity to enjoy reading posts from Joni on this messageboard and had the priviledge to meet her once at an Up! concert.

Words cannot adaquately lift the pain that the hearts of Joni's family must be experiencing but to the family, please know that we remember you in our prayers. More than a Shania fan, she was our friend and shared the joy and happiness that Shania's music brought into our days.

The only time I met Joni was at a Shania concert and I remember that after having dinner together with her and a few freinds and sitting near each other at the concert, we said our good-bye with hugs and big smiles. Thats how I will forever and for always remember Joni.

God bless the Sheaffer family at this time of loss.
All my best wishes,
Richard Sessions
Old 06-28-2007, 11:37 AM

Incredibly sad and shocking news. My condolences to her family and friends.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:32 PM
I'm Havin' A Party!

Send a message via ICQ to Shunyeuh Send a message via AIM to Shunyeuh Send a message via MSN to Shunyeuh Send a message via Yahoo to Shunyeuh
very sad and shocking to hear about joni my condolences goes o ut to her family and friends
xoxo

she will be in our hearts forever and terribly missed
I Had A Blast Giving Shania The Flowers And Seeing her Reaction! was the best Feeling Ever! Meeting Her Was Awesome! getting the oprah transcript signed was a blast and having her recognize me was cool!

Last edited by Shunyeuh : 06-28-2007 at 02:35 PM.
Old 06-28-2007, 06:25 PM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

I met Joni in Timmins in 2001. I liked her right away, you just couldn't help it. She made you feel like she had always known you. My wife Terry and I ended up hanging out with her a lot that week. She even let us come up and visit her in the "Shania Suite" at the Senator. Joni had a great sense of humor. She often talked about her love for her husband Neil and their kids, and of course Shania. This is a very hard thing for me to take. I haven't been in contact with her for some time now. If fact I believe maybe the last time we were in contact was when I won a bid on the Shania auction and got a French version of Ka-Ching and a Mexican version of UP.

Anyway, I want to express my sincere condolences to Joni's Family and that our prayers and thoughts are with them.

Finally, I got out my pictures from the STC Opening and found these pictures with Joni that I would like to share:

There's Joni showing her comic side while nearly wiping out FV. Warrior is right next to her, and then some of DOC's brood

Now since I'm in this one, I have to assume Terry took it. There to the left is Joni and Irene. They were together a lot. Then there is DOC in the middle with me to his left and over at the right with a big smile is the guy we called "Shootist". Don't know what ever happened to him?

Here's Joni with Chris [Spock] to her right and Timmins own CTV's Corrina Vroner, News Anchor

And finally, FV, Joni, Chris [I think] Irene and DOC ordering food.

I hope you enjoy these.

Steve
Old 06-28-2007, 06:35 PM
Board Administrator

Here is Joni, myself and FV the first time we met up in Timmins...

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 06-28-2007, 07:03 PM
Steph

I am so sorry to hear about Joni. I would like her family to know that they are in my prayers.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:40 PM
Board Administrator

My condolences to Joni's family. You are in my prayers. She will be missed in our community here.

-Chris

Old 06-28-2007, 08:45 PM
Board Administrator

Fans on STC are also leaving condolences.
http://www.shaniatwaincentre.com/fo...p?p=32553#32553

-Chris

Old 06-28-2007, 11:03 PM
Still The One!

My sincere condolences to the Sheaffer family. I never got the opportunity to meet Joni but I will always remember her encouraging words when I was really nervous before interviewing Shania and her warm words of praise after she read the article...
I'm from halfway across the world but on this board the distance seems to disappear. It's fans like Joni that make this a special Shania family - she will be missed
Sonal
Old 06-28-2007, 11:49 PM

My condolances to the Sheaffer family.

Unfortunatelly I never met Joni in person, but as an ex-moderator myself could see her a bit from closer. She was a wise young women, always quick to understand, always keeping her calm, but enthusiastic about people and things she liked. She also had a great sence of humor. She will be missed...
Old 06-29-2007, 12:06 AM

I have never met Joni face to face but it is if I had known her for years. I can remember when I first joined the boards, I got the most wonderful welcome letter from her. It made me feel that I now belonged to a great group. My condolences to her family.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:19 AM

I still sit here in disbelief. But I also sit here in celebration - how blessed we are to have had Joni be a part of our lives. These posts show so clearly that indeed, the world has become a smaller place. Thank you, Joni, for being a good friend to those far and near, and for sharing your compassion, your sense of humor, and your passion for your family, your Shania family, and the Second Harvest Foodbank. To Joni's family and friends - you will continue to be in our thoughts and prayers.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:37 AM

I spoke with Joni's husband this morning. If we wanted to have our own moment of silence - the viewing will be in Urbana, Ohio from 5 to 8 tomorrow. The service, which will be a celebration of Joni's life, will be Saturday at 11:00. Joni was an Air Force veteran, and will be receiving a full military service.

I will be observing a moment of silence on Saturday, at 11:00 Hawaii time, since 11:00 Ohio time will be six hours earlier over here. Then, perhaps I'll dig out the COO tour DVD and smile as I picture a certain fan just singing away.
Post New Thread Reply