Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[] Still the One in Vegas!
[] Shania on Spanish TV
[] Shania on French TV
[] Shania in TIME!
[] Shania on Today Show
[] Shania at Grey Cup
[] Shania on Late Show
[] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[]Chatroom
[] Board Members Pics
[] Timmins Trip Photos!
[] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > The Former Shania Centre in Timmins
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 11-04-2004, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sheri
Dax, Deb and TC,

I am SO proud of you guys for having your crafts recognized. You're each brilliant artists with unique gifts. It's an honor to know ya!

DITTO, very well put Sheri!!!

I'm havin' me a party!!!
Old 11-04-2004, 01:02 AM
From This Moment On!

Send a message via AIM to Mary R Send a message via MSN to Mary R Send a message via Yahoo to Mary R
Thanks all for sharing your pics and sharing your experiences up there in Timmins! It helped us that couldn't be there.

Way to go Dax! You impressed Shania much!

You to Debbie, your cross stitch pictures are fantastic!

Mary R
Old 11-04-2004, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by cbspock
Dax Mug

-Chris
That's great! And good news they've got it for sale!

Quote:
It is really awesome that the STC was updating pictures on their site so all of Shania's fans could see the event in some way.
It was PRICELESS!!!
Old 11-04-2004, 08:48 AM

Send a message via AIM to resessions
What a fantastic event this was.....Would not have changed a single thing really..... I finished my twelve hour drive at 9:30pm Wednesday night, Allisons family was at my home waiting for her and she got off okay with still yet another two hours to go. I had enough energy to tell my family a few things but had to hit the hay......hardly slept the entire time in Timmins and need the rest last night. The pictures and comments in this thread have been fun to view. A few random thoughts in no particular order before I escape and have to face the reality of work.

TRACY ROCKS!!! Yes folks as you've read, she said it. And it's true. I could not have been more pleased with all the wonderful things "WE KNEW" Shania would say about Tracy and the center. That was what we came for and that is exactly what we got. Shania said if a person wants to know about her personally and about her carreer, the STC is the place to visit.

FREINDS!!!! Reunion with so many that I've met before in Timmins and others that I've only met in these boards and others whom I had never met until they happened to show up. We celebrated life together..... I danced with Claudine from southern France late on Sunday night in the middle of Shania Twain drive to the music of Shania while waiting for wristbands.....She speaks very little english...I speak no French...She is old enough to be my mother and we had a grand time. One of the Canadian National TV stations broadcast our dance on the news from what I hear. We danced, we sang, we laughed, we enjoyed life together. Friends...thats what its all about

DAX !!! When most of the event was over and we were waiting in line for our wristband turn, Tracy came running out all excited to obviously tell our group something.....And mind you she could have had plenty to say....however the one thing she wanted to tell us was "She really loved Dax's work...She spent alot of time looking at his pictures. It sort of made the media people frustrated because she spent more time with your pictures than they wanted her to do.....When she saw the pictures of her hugging Tim she touched it with her right index finger and let out a loving "Awwwww Tim." She spent alot of time looking at the sports Jersey pics. Shania said She looks better as a cartoon.

MEDIA!!!! They were all over the place....The headline news on Nov. 2 in Canada (from what I've been told) was Shania in Timmins...Not the USA Election. Good Choice news guys !!! I had countless interviews with Newspaper, Radio and TV people...couldn't tell you how many. Most of it I'll never see unless one of my Canadian freinds makes a copy. Guess it doesn't matter if I see it or not. The point was to make positive public comments and stear the reports in the right direction. I think it worked. I did about a 5 minute segway fro the PF2 video for CMT Canada with a very pretty reporter (sorry I don't even know who she is) that will be used in a special on Shania that they'll broadcast a little later this month. (Can somebody record that one for me???)

HELPING HAND !!!! After the 12 twelve+ hour drive up to Timmins, it was my pleasure to go spend time helping out on Saturday afternoon/evening before dinner putting final finishing touches in the centers displays. I hung a very heavy lead glass award on the wall in one of the new sound booths, only to have Ren point out..."Hey Rich....Ummmm.....it's crooked" YIKES!!! he was right...had to take it down and start all over.....In the end the place looked fantastic. The STC crew did a great job.

CHEERLEADER !!!! The Timmins Daily press hung that new title on me on page three of the Nov. 3 issue together with all the other articles on Shania's visit. Because I arrived at 8am before the other fans for media interviews inside the STC and didn't get out until about 10:30, there was no front row opportunity for me. So i made the best of it by dancing around in the gated security area in front of the stage, helping to pass out posters to the crowd, Jumping/dancing to the tunes to liven up the crowd and even dusting the snow off the flowers on the stage so that they could be seen once Shania came out. When the main event happened, I left that post to the people it was designed for (security) and stood off to one side behind the crowd with my sign in the air for Shania to see.

"Alanb".....He did more than others realise....He was very helpful in the STC prep on Saturday, posting pictures in these threads and did somethig very touching that I imagine will be posted at a later date. It was a honor to have him as a "Bunkmate" in my car on Sunday night while waiting in line for a wristband.

SHANIA !!!! When she saw me, she recognised me right away and said.."Oh it's you....It's so good to see you again. (Gave me one of her million dollar smiles). Thanks for what you gave me. (She remembered) Truely a highlight for me to have her recognise me straight away and acknowledge the exchange we had on stage. She said let me autograph your sign. Wow!!! So I said, Personalize it to Tracy. I want to give it to her....She gave me a twinkle of a smile in her eyes and signed it away to Tracy..Asked her to date it but she was being rushed by the Universal Mercury guys and so she said,...Gee, I don't even know what day it is, you'll have to date it for me.

There is probably more that I want to say here but have to get to work,,, I imagine there is more to follow.
Luvs -n- Hugs
=Richard=
Old 11-04-2004, 09:06 AM
KaLeL TwAiN

Send a message via AIM to imonmywayup Send a message via Yahoo to imonmywayup
WOW! Richard!! That's great that she remembered you! Shania is amazing!
Old 11-04-2004, 09:24 AM

AWESOME RICHARD!! I love that Shania remembered you, what did u give her last time(if u wanna share)?

Awwwwwww she must really miss TIM. I remember when I first seen that piece of work that Dax made with Shania and Tim.....it gave me chills. I can just imagine how it made her feel...AWESOME DAX!
Old 11-04-2004, 09:42 AM

I'm enjoying every post guys, thanks!

Joni
Old 11-04-2004, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jen
AWESOME RICHARD!! I love that Shania remembered you, what did u give her last time(if u wanna share)?

I gave her the gift of a sentance.....see the thread in this Timmins section called "Fans of Timmins Daughter" and scroll down to the eigth post on page one titled "On Stage"....it was really from all of us....I just got to be the message bearer.

Last edited by resessions : 11-04-2004 at 10:21 AM.
Old 11-04-2004, 10:19 AM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by jen

Awwwwwww she must really miss TIM. I remember when I first seen that piece of work that Dax made with Shania and Tim.....it gave me chills. I can just imagine how it made her feel...AWESOME DAX!

Yeah, she really liked that one! Hopefully they use the footage with her talking about it. The video outfits, for IOH, she really liked the manniquins, and Shania said "that was when I was still an amatuer at making videos"

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 11-04-2004, 12:16 PM

Outstanding. Congrats, Richard, on your successes. And thanks for your reflections.
Old 11-04-2004, 01:09 PM
tower

Wonderful Stuff Richard, I wish I had been there for she would have remembered the other half of the Double act for sure: I have not had time to take all this in yet, something for me to look forward too on my return to Timmins on Nov 13 now.
Old 11-04-2004, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tower
Wonderful Stuff Richard, I wish I had been there for she would have remembered the other half of the Double act for sure: I have not had time to take all this in yet, something for me to look forward too on my return to Timmins on Nov 13 now.

Oh yes Tom, She remembers you I can promise you that(I'll tell you about that later).....after I had her personalize my sign to Tracy I almost thought that I should have had her sign it to you instead as you couldn't be there but it might make a good "fans" display item someday that Mayor Hautenen might be able to dedicate to the center...oh well, as you know, I'm not quick on my feet when in the presence of Shania.
Old 11-04-2004, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dax
shania giving tracy a hug!

Alright Tracy gave Shania a bear hug...Great...Now everything is off to a great start...

Benjamin
Old 11-04-2004, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob
Well, I don't see any cavities in your teeth, nor macular degeneration on your retina. So the camera must work pretty good. Thanks for those interesting pictures. Good luck with learning how to post those photos. Took me a while too.

Hey Ren Bob's right and your out of focus...My father used to do the same stuff take photos of himself close up like that...

Benjamin
Old 11-04-2004, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Yes, the mug is for sale!

-Chris

Cool Dax Mug Chris...Have to get me one those for my work place and home use...Want to make sure everyone here knows who I care about...They look terrific too...Bet Shania was impressed...Did she buy one too???I would have in her place...Maybe she will go online and get one herself and show it to her hubby Mutt t... And say hey looky here at what a great impression one of my adoring fans did of me...Mutt would have a good laugh on that one...He would probably say...You still look like Woody Wood Pecker Lol and Shania would pull out Dax's impression of her as Woody...That would make him laugh even harder...

Benjamin