Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[] Still the One in Vegas!
[] Shania on Spanish TV
[] Shania on French TV
[] Shania in TIME!
[] Shania on Today Show
[] Shania at Grey Cup
[] Shania on Late Show
[] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[]Chatroom
[] Board Members Pics
[] Timmins Trip Photos!
[] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > The Former Shania Centre in Timmins
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 11-07-2004, 07:31 AM
tower

Some exceptional posts here on this thread, it is a cold winters day here on the North coast of France but reading this thread over the past hour has brought a warm glow to my heart and a tear to my eye.

I am so sorry to have missed you all this time around 'cause of my work, but I have to say this now....

Is it AUGUST yet

What is the suprise Tracy?

Richard your post about the Fox was so amazing and I have all that to look forward to very soon. Kelly and I went to the studio of Fox and were interviewed on the breakfast show where we gave Fan Con 2 a huge big plug!!! Nice people on that station.

THANK YOU EVERYONE who posted from Timmins - as ambassadors of All Shania's fans you have done us proud and left your mark with the locals in Timmins once again.

I am proud of you all.

Last edited by tower : 11-08-2004 at 01:07 PM.
Old 11-07-2004, 07:51 AM
Board Administrator

The surprise....

Tracy is running for mayor...lol She already has Shania lined up for a celebrity endorsement. (shhh!!!)

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 11-07-2004, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by cbspock
The surprise....

Tracy is running for mayor...lol She already has Shania lined up for a celebrity endorsement. (shhh!!!)

-Chris
EHHHHHHHH RIGHT ON
Old 11-07-2004, 08:17 AM

FinFreak

Thanks for your picture post of Timmins outdoor ceremonies of the Dedication of the Shania Twain Centre...That picture more than any other kind of tells you that Shania, Timmins and the Snow all go together...They are all one... There is one more toon that I hope that Tracy will post at the STC Centre and that is the one that was posted in Country Weekly about Tool Time Shania...That toon of Shania with her holding a drill depicts Shania's work ethic more than any other I have come across...Shania is not above dirtying her hands to get the job done...That photo was posted in Country Weekly the same time that Shania was assembling her Up! stage for her Up! tour in Canada and the United States...

Benjamin
Old 11-07-2004, 09:32 AM
Forever Young

Quote:
Originally posted by Tee
I don't think hilarious would even describe it Allison, I'm still laughing as I'm sure you are too!!!

Allison, by the way, Greg and I were very pleased to have met you. You can stick with us anytime!!!

Yeah, I'm still laughing. It was definately something I'll remember.

I too am very pleased to have met you and Greg. We had such a great time and I hope that we'll all be able to meet up again in August.

Allison
Old 11-07-2004, 09:45 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Friends,, I originally posted my thoughts over on the forums because I can post like 150 pictures in one post,, Some people don't go over there soo here is the captains thoughts, I just got my four out of five(last roll should be in monday so they tell me) rolls of film back of just Shania on stage, I'm gonna scan those today

I will post my digitals right now though,, but first I give you some insight from a first timers trip to timmins,,

It all started with my 11 hr drive from michigan,, I arrived at the Days INN around 10:30am on Sunday, I just missed the gang the lady behind the desk said I missed the group by 5 minutes,, I asked to see if my Good buddie Ted has check in yet,, nope not yet.. So I decide to drive on over to the STC and see if anything was going on at the gate,, sure enough a line UP! of around 11 cars,, So I head back to the hotel to see if Ted has arrived,, nope.. I decide I better leave a message for ted to tell him I'll be at the center in line, (later he tells me he thought,, man theres already a standing line,, haha,, he was releaved to see it was a car line once he got there)

Soo we take his car and go get some grub,, Come back to the centre to Take my first ever trip through this beatifull museum,, Some fans have said in the past it affects you in different ways while looking all this historic stuff of our hero, Well as Ted and Chris(cbspock) was walking me through I tried to remain calm in front of my buds,, I told ted there's some things I can't even look at without welling UP! (for instance) the FTMO dress,, that song and that video has always had a big impact on me,, Its such a perfect video and Shania looked soo stunning in it. So Stuff like that I just like to take it all in and soak up the historic part of these outfits,, The diplays are worldclass!!

I'm telling you it seems like every famous outfit that Our hero has ever worn is in there,, Unbelievable

Soo lets talk about the crazy 24hrs inline waiting for the wristbands deal,,
I gotta tell you spending those hours with my old and new friends just ROCKED,, I met Frenchy, Lynn and Kim (whom I've chated with online many times here) but now meeting these wonderful souls in person,, You gals rule!! I can't wait till August to Do it all again.. Kim shared with Ted and I two songs she just recorded,, Kim is a talented singer, songwriter.. Kim your voice is sweet thanks for giving us the preview of the new songs..

Sometime during the night,, I saw a swing dance in the front of the line to I ain't no quiter. we also had Don't playing.. WoooHooo!!!

A Little fox kept us all entertained too throughout the night,, of course we kept on feeding him too(thats probally why he hung around),, That little critter was just toying with me Ted and Frenchy,, we were trying to take pictures of him all night.. I got one capture of him you'll see later..

And Dang it was cold sometime during the ealry morning Ted wakes UP! and says to me Damn its like a igloo in here,, We had a good laugh, every window was frosted UP!,, So that was a good time to start the car UP! again
Thanks claude for the late coffee run!! it was much needed to keep me and teds Shania talk going

OK I gotta thank Tracy (which I will few times in this thread) for a very well organized waiting in line for wristband deal,, It went soo smoothly.. They seemed to have thought of everything.. Great job!!!

So everyone got there wristband monday morning at a little past nine,,
Me and Ted go back to the hotel and crash for a couple hours,,
Monday night was Welcome Home Shania Twain Karaoke night,, it was great watching everyone go for it,, I did'nt, maybee next time I get the nerves to try it..haha Everyone showed UP! pretty much throughout the night,, It was great to finally see the Shawdow dancer do his thing!!! haha Richard your a good friend and the life of the party!!! I got a good picture of Richand and Tee swinging to I ain't no quiter,, Wooooo!!! you'll see it later..

Soo earlier in the Day Debbie from the center tells me and Ted that Shania is staying at our days Inn,, Soo needless to say me and Ted could'nt believe we were staying in the same hotel as our Shania,, We entertained a few ideas on how to get to the 7th floor where Shanny was.. Never tried any of course..

Wake UP! go park our cars at the macintyre arena,, take a bus over to the STC,, GO STRAIGHT TO THE MERCHANDISE STAND!!!! pick UP! some more momentos..

Now its time to stand inline for 5or soo hours,, yippee,, but hey if you want to see Shania UP! close,, you gotta do what you gotta do!!! Everyone here on these boards knows that,, don't we? The rewards are huge all the pain goes away once Shanny takes the stage,,

Speaking of which,, standing inline with my friends while Shania music is pumping loudly through speakers,, Theres nothing better than singing with Fans who know all the words and who are soo excited everything Shania does..

This Extended weekend for me was like a prolonged concert the whole time,, It was constant Shanny tunes throughtout,, we did'nt need a live concert to act like we do while at a show.. Its just amazing when Shania fans get together,, it really is!!! just like going to Shania gets addicting,, hanging with these guys just the same!!!

I'll skip the ceremonie,, we all know how that went

We'll Shania looked as beatiful as ever(well duh!),, last time I saw her she was crying leaving the stage in sunrise, Good to see that brilliant smile again live..

We'll lets get to the good part
After 11 shows this past tour,, I got four autographs,, many many many pictures of my hero,, but never actually had words with her(well besides screaming you rock or something at the shows ) Now here was my chance to thank her in person,, I said Shania you inspire soo many,, its a dream to meet you,, She said aweee thank you,, Thats it thats all,, move the line along,, haha,, man that line moved fast.. you had to be quick,,
I did'nt care I said my peace,, she smiled and said thank you,, (quoting our sally sometime ago "I could've died right then and now" )

TRACY YOU ROCK!!!! Shania said!! I'll second that.. Tracy I've heard all the ridiculas hours you'll put in preparing for everything always.. Well Having The highest selling Female artist of all time thank you and Hug you for keeping her stuff safe and briallantly displayed,, you really have a envious job, most of us would agree with that,, enough said!! Congratulations you deserve all the praise..
and Debbie, Luc, Sue and the rest of the staff bravo for a superb weekend..

I'd like to thank Tee and Greg,, Nancy and Claude, Ren and Andrea, Richard,
fran, Chris, Irene, Alan, Sas, Lynn, Frenchy and lynn, Kim, alison, John(shootist) and anyone else who I enjoyed this magical weekend with..
And Ted my roommate and great friend a while now, We have like minds it was a blast!!!

OK enough talkie talk!!! onto my digital pics,, your gonna have to wait for the extreme closeups of Shania on stage,, I had the grant park camera with me soo I'm expecting some great captures of our Hero Shania!!!

cheers
Steve

All My concert pics http://www.shaniaforums.com/showthread.php?p=608468#post608468

Captainsteve19
Old 11-07-2004, 09:49 AM

The source of our entertainment Sunday night,, the elusive FOX

Frenchy Ren and Andrea trying to stay warm

All My concert pics http://www.shaniaforums.com/showthread.php?p=608468#post608468

Captainsteve19
Old 11-07-2004, 09:50 AM

Thank you for everyone's wonderful posts and pics, like Tom said, they bring a warmth to the heart and a tear to the eye. You guys are phenomenal. I hope waiting in the cold for your bracelets was worth it to talk to Shania (that's if you were closer to the front of the line, I understand). I am truly extatic for all of you, you are great people to represent all Shania fans, especially those that tried, but couldn't make it UP this time around.

So a great big hug and thank you to all.

Keep posting your stories and memories, they are a great read, and make me feel that much closer to being with you all that day.

Olga

I'm havin' me a party!!!
Old 11-07-2004, 09:53 AM

Lyn and Frenchy

Me and my new bud Frenchy

me going Vroom Vroom on the Shania Mobile

Captainsteve19
Old 11-07-2004, 10:01 AM

Tee and Ricahrd Swinging to Quiter!!! Woooo!!!!

Ted and I

Once again Richard with another perfect idea for a sign!!! congrats Richard!!! It says it all!!

Ivory warming us UP!

Me with my Hero!!! finally!!!

The gang gather around with huge smiles on our faces
Oh and Ren with a flashlight on his hat,, whats UP! with that Ren?
haha.

Ahhhh Memories!!! Shania's S T C Homecoming!!

Cheers friends
CaptainSteve

Captainsteve19

Last edited by SteveRedwing19 : 11-07-2004 at 11:18 AM.
Old 11-07-2004, 10:52 AM

Wow SteveRedwing19

That is some awesome pictures of the Official opening of the STC Centre...I especially loved the sign that Richard was holding up for Shania Twain...I think that big sign was a bit overwhelming for Shania as it certainly does relate to her in all the special ways that matter...I guess that poor little fox was getting hungry to approach humans like that...But those were great photos of all of you and Shania giving you all autographs...She is such a terrific gal and a heroine to many...Tracy is also one of her extra special friends...

Benjamin
Old 11-07-2004, 01:12 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Alanb
I saw FV in that same footage too. She said she had one word for Shania "Welcome home". That of course is two words. Apparently she was delirious after all those hours in the car.

Totally! LOL!

Ddiver7,
This is just the beginning..just the beginning...wait till we go to the next Shania event ....we're gonna rock!!!
Old 11-07-2004, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by corran
There is one thing I am wondering about...What does Mutt Lange think about the Shania Twain Centre??? I hope he approves...But we know he does not want to have anything to do with fame...But I certainly love to see Shania together with Tracy because she is such a huge fan of Shania's...I am glad to see them get together for once and to see Shania visit her hometown and support all their causes on behalf of Shania...I kind of wish though that she could have stayed longer to see everything that the STC Centre has done...They being CTV did not really give Shania the time she needed to see everything...But at least Tracy managed to highlight the main items for Shania so that she has a deeper insight to what the STC Centre has accomplished for her...It is a really terrific Centre for Shania and I am sure that Tracy said she is welcome to visit anytime...I think that one day Shania will take Eja and Mutt to see the Centre....I imagine that should really impress them as it has all us fans...The STC Centre is definately worth the long trip we all make...And each time I have come away with some great memories from Timmins Ontario in regards to the STC Centre...

Benjamin

That's an interesting question Ben. Probably a lot of people would like to know what Mutt thinks about the STC and many other things. But as you said, he prefers his privacy. He has a healthy wisdom about the temptations from fame. He's probably supportive of whatever Shania feels comfortable with in regard to the STC. He's that kind of a person. Also, he's close enough with Carrie Ann, Cory and perhaps J. D. Blair, to have a feel of the place from them, and they probably gave a favorable description after their fancon personal visit.

On the other hand, he's probably not real gung ho about promoting the creation of buildings with altars at which to worship stars, even if one of those heroins is the person he's loved longest in his life. But he didn't object to the proposal by Timmins reps to build the STC. So that probably says as much as we need to know directly from him. Finally, he's been around music icons enough, even played the lead role in creating some of them, that fame is familiar turf for him. And tho he doesn't indulge in it any more than necessary to succeed in his work, he's probably able to work beside fame effectively.

On another point, fans are sometimes so wired, enthusiastic and died-in-the-wool as Richard puts it, that you sometimes invest or project your emotions into your descriptions of some people, farther than what is really present. I can speak from personal experience, but that's another story. But with regard to your statement that Tracy is such a huge fan of Shania's, I've talked candidly with Tracy at times and in private about their relationship. It's a very healthy and successful relationship. But that would be less feasible if Tracy didn't have her feet on solid ground. She is very enthusiastic, resourceful and supportive. But she doesn't let her emotions overrule her thinking in any way that would undermine her ability to support the STC, ST fans, and Shania. Rather, Tracy incorporates those constructive emotions as a successful businessperson. She satisfies customers with unexpected joy. She is similar in some ways to Shania in that regard. Tho it may be a little bit true that Shania and Tracy are now fans of each other, and even tho I know different words mean different things to different people, (sometimes even to the same person at different times) I think it's more accurate to say Tracy is a huge supporter of Shania. And what she can accomplish in that support, repeatedly exceeds known bounds. Figuratively, she can move mountains, and literally, at least heavy pianos with 1 of 4 castors missing. And virtually all of us have been surprised and delighted to enjoy the results over the past months and years. I've seen no one represent Shania to the fans, better than Tracy. I hope Shania gives serious thought to giving Tracy and the STC the opportunity to extend the benefits of their huge support, through management of the official fan club, which is currently languishing in hands that are giving minimal support.
Old 11-07-2004, 07:28 PM

Steve, those are great pictures, but I am so jealous that you got to Shania early and got an autograph while she was still sitting down, not in a hurry, and on a large poster. We were at the back of the line, and she needed to catch a plane. Now I know what they meant by first come first served. However, I wouldn't have traded my front row seat (stand actually) for anything. Seeing Shania up close and personal was priceless. Tee and Allison, I'm still laughing every time I think about it but it's time you LET IT GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Richard, I hope you never hear any bad rumors, but if you do, I'll know it was Tee that told you. FV, how can we rock more than we did? Maybe next time I'll be able to move my feet, since they were in my homemade toe warmer. Thanks Betty for saving my life in the car line-I may have been stabbed during the night. I can't remember the name of the guy who had my poster signed by Shania. He had a small beard and was really a nice guy. He is standing just to my left in the group picture by the STC that Steve just posted. I'm the one holding the yellow poster. Back to my preparation for Tuesday. See you all. Heading for Hawaii next week. Hoorah

Last edited by Ddiver7 : 11-07-2004 at 07:31 PM.
Old 11-07-2004, 07:36 PM

Just thought of something-can anyone name all those in the group picture that Steve just posted? The one with some of us standing in front of the STC.

Last edited by Ddiver7 : 11-07-2004 at 07:39 PM.
Post New Thread Reply