Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[] Still the One in Vegas!
[] Shania on Spanish TV
[] Shania on French TV
[] Shania in TIME!
[] Shania on Today Show
[] Shania at Grey Cup
[] Shania on Late Show
[] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[]Chatroom
[] Board Members Pics
[] Timmins Trip Photos!
[] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > The Former Shania Centre in Timmins
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 02-19-2005, 12:09 PM
Can't wait for Fan Con 3

Hey Richard...how is your dance routine coming along!?! Can't wait to see it!

Richard have you decided if you are taking the bus yet?!

Andrea
Old 02-19-2005, 09:55 PM
Rookie, my baby

Send a message via AIM to Kringlegirl Send a message via Yahoo to Kringlegirl
Quote:
Originally posted by resessions
Having traveled extensively all over the world, and with a passport that has double pages stitched into it because I was running out of stamp-free pages, I've learned a thing or two about customs entry...These basic rules goes for just about anywhere:

1) Have your papers/passport completely ready when approaching the customs officer.
2) Don't smile. Don't frown...Just keep a somewhat simple face and look directly at the officer.
3) As much as possible give simple "Yes" and "No" answers.
4) When asked a question that needs more than a yes or no answer, keep the reply short and simple...never a long explanation.
5) Always know the names of the cities you'll be in and the full numbers of days you'll be in the country.
6) Don't ever ask any questions to the officer. Wait to do that with somebody else once you've gained entry
7)Don't initiate a conversation. If you do happen to get a freindly officer that makes nice comments to you, smile and acknowledge the comments in an appreciative way but keep it brief.

Follow these hints and usually you'll sail on through.

Oh...and by the way, when entering Canada, make sure you say "Timmins" followed by "Shania Twain". That has never hurt !

Don't be scaring me!!!! I get kind of jumping and nervous chatting to officers explaining about accidents and speeding. I've been known to speak before thinking what I'm saying But on lighter side, this boarder talk is reminding me one of the shows of "That 70's Show." The one Eric and Hyde decided on going to Canada for some beer...but they get stuck on the way out because Fez (Sp?) forgot where he hid his green card.
Kringle-is a wonderful butter layered Danish pastry that was first introduced to Racine and southeast Wisconsin in the late 1800's by Danish immigrant bakers. In its original form, it was a pretzel shaped, almond filled coffee cake.
-Andrea
Old 02-19-2005, 11:29 PM

Send a message via AIM to resessions
Quote:
Originally posted by spicyandrea
Hey Richard...how is your dance routine coming along!?! Can't wait to see it!

Richard have you decided if you are taking the bus yet?!

Andrea

I'm seriously giving the bus consideration... I have to work out a few personal matters in my schedule but at least I'm registered for Fan/Con3...thats the good thing.

I liked what Chris talked about by going as a group to downtown Toronto to see Shania's star. It would be much more fun to do that together than on my own. I really like Toronto. It's a nice clean city and I've enjoyed watching Baseball (BlueJays) and Hockey (MapleLeafs) when I've visted town along with eating in the restaurants or seeing places like the CN tower.

I've wanted to see Deerhurst and even talked about doing that this year before heading up so even though we won't see the review performance there, it will be fun as a group of Shania fans to see it together....so this has been a really long answer to your question Andrea but I'm leaning heavily toward being on the bus with all you guys. (That is if you'll be able to stand the cheerleader attitude that comes over me when I put on my Shania fan demeanor for an entire Toronto-Timmins bus journey)

Yep....probably will be on the bus....probably....
Old 02-20-2005, 02:01 AM

Hey! Richard Since everyone now knows our little secret I will meet you on the bus. HA!HA!

All kidding aside can't wait to see you again.

IS IT AUGUST YET?

"SHE'S STILL THE ONE FOREVER AND FOR ALWAYS"
Old 02-20-2005, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by irene cross
Hey! Richard Since everyone now knows our little secret I will meet you on the bus. HA!HA!

All kidding aside can't wait to see you again.

IS IT AUGUST YET?

What I love about you Irene is you physically prove that when it comes to being a Shania fan, age is not a consideration. I was so proud of you and your efforts out in the snow at the November homecoming. One quote that I really love is from a gentleman named Satchel Paige. He played baseball on one of the very early Negro leagues. He was known for many saige and thought provoking quotations but my favorite of his is:

"If you didn't know how old you was, how old would you be?"

One of the things I TRUELY love about the fan conventions are that we spend the time together enjoying each other. We don't let our associations be clouded with politics, religion, AGE, life choices, orientations and so forth. I can not tell you who wears fancy clothes or diamond rings or which level of social status everyone comes from..... But I can tell you this.... We have fun, we all have huge smiles...we collectively let out the "oooo's and aahhh's" like a crowd watching fireworks does when Tracy pulls out a Shania wardrobe piece from the behind the scenes closet. We made our first journeys to Timmins as Shania fans but we leave there as much more than that after fan/con....we leave there as friends.

So with that said guys, "I'm keeping (all of you) forever and for always.

Timmins Ontario Canada August 18-21, 2005
Be There! I will be.
Old 02-20-2005, 05:27 PM
cross-stitching nut

Hey, Richard you need to be on that bus!!!! Jack, Linda Brooks and I are flying into Toronto a day early (we will arrive on Monday) so that we can join the group to go see Shania's star!!! Because of the time it takes us to get to Toronto if we flew in on Tuesday we would miss the group "star touring" group and we can't let that happen so an extra day we will take! I can't wait to see everyone!!! Please Richard make it so you can come, too!!!! In fact I hope that everyone will make this part of their "Shania fan convention experience"!

"Find Your Self Esteem And Be Forever Free To Dream" - Shania Twain
Old 02-20-2005, 06:21 PM
Forever Young

So how early is this tour in Toronto going to be on Tuesday?

I would really like to tag along, as would my sister if she still wants to go, but the first flight on Tuesday lands in Toronto roughly around 2 PM.

I mean it's not a problem to fly in on Monday to make it, I just wanted to know what the plan was.

Allison
Old 02-20-2005, 08:31 PM
Can't wait for Fan Con 3

Quote:
Andrea but I'm leaning heavily toward being on the bus with all you guys. (That is if you'll be able to stand the cheerleader attitude that comes over me when I put on my Shania fan demeanor for an entire Toronto-Timmins bus journey)

Yep....probably will be on the bus....probably....

Yeah Richard of course I can stand the cheerleader attitude that you have, I will join you....thats why you have to come on the bus!!

Can't wait to see everyone!

Allison did you get my email?!

Andrea
Old 02-20-2005, 11:44 PM

Wow, sure is exciting reading through this thread, Debbie you are right that the build up to convention is ALMOST as awesome as the convention itslef. I however have not yet registered. If Rudi had it her way, we'd be on our way to Timmins now, not only just registered. Unfortunately I have to wait on a few things before I can register. I may moving to France for a year in the fall, and unitl I know something more I can't make any other plans. I would so love to say that I'll be there in August for sure, but that will have to wait. I ask that all of you keep your fingers crossed that I get accepted to France and that I can make it to Timmins in August. Can life get any more exciting?!!!

Talk to you all soon
Olga

I'm havin' me a party!!!
Old 02-20-2005, 11:47 PM
Rookie, my baby

Send a message via AIM to Kringlegirl Send a message via Yahoo to Kringlegirl
I have kind of strange question for Americans who drove up there.....

Did your car insurance company required you to fill out forms or carry special insurance card for your time while being up there? Did you have to spend extra cash for the car to be insured for Canada?

Because I've been looking at my insurance company's site and nothing came up for international driving. I know I'll be insured for whole trip since I have national wide insurance company. I was planning on going to Canada last year and my Dad told me I had to get it cleared from headquarters before I left so I couldn't go.

By the way, since I found out I can get international money orders from USPS and they take credit cards. I'm going to mail out my registration form tomorrow or Tuesday I figured since I sign up so soon...I have no choice but to save and my parents can't say "No."
Kringle-is a wonderful butter layered Danish pastry that was first introduced to Racine and southeast Wisconsin in the late 1800's by Danish immigrant bakers. In its original form, it was a pretzel shaped, almond filled coffee cake.
-Andrea
Old 02-20-2005, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Debbie
Hey, Richard you need to be on that bus!!!! Jack, Linda Brooks and I are flying into Toronto a day early (we will arrive on Monday) so that we can join the group to go see Shania's star!!! Because of the time it takes us to get to Toronto if we flew in on Tuesday we would miss the group "star touring" group and we can't let that happen so an extra day we will take! I can't wait to see everyone!!! Please Richard make it so you can come, too!!!! In fact I hope that everyone will make this part of their "Shania fan convention experience"!

Debbie,

So many extra days off from selling Hondas? How is Jack ever gonna afford to keep you in cross stitching material?

Just the thought of you two on the bus, makes me smile, tho. And I did my fair share of buying Hondas. Haven't sold any yet tho.

Bob
Old 02-20-2005, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Debbie
Hey, Richard you need to be on that bus!!!! Jack, Linda Brooks and I are flying into Toronto a day early (we will arrive on Monday) so that we can join the group to go see Shania's star!!! ...........Please Richard make it so you can come, too!!!!

I'm working on some final plans for my schedule during this week to see if I can confirm joining the bus.....Actually I'd love to also join the group at Shania's star in downtown Toronto as well on the 16th so that's all part of what I'm working on right now..... I was hoping that the BlueJays were in town that day to take in a baseball game but they'll be in Anahiem..oh well.

It would be cool to get a bunch of us in the same elevator ride to the top of CN tower and the whole time singing, Up! Up! Up! can only go Up! from here.

CTV shoud do a whole special on "The Fans" and join us at the star, on the bus, at Deerhurst, during the fan/con, the whole "She-bang She-bang" LOL
Old 02-21-2005, 12:04 AM

Since this is such advanced notice, maybe the Deerhurst people could persuade a few of the cast to put on a mini-revue for us on August 17 even if it isn't the whole show.....or maybe they have an archive of past performances and could dust off the tapes of Shania and let us see her clips in the past reviews...that would be just as cool for our group.....

Then of course if that all fails, we could fall back onto karaoke or Shadow Dancing

And if that fails, well then me and Jack can sit in the back corner dreaming about our next life as bottles of fragrance on Shania's shelf
Old 02-21-2005, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Kringlegirl
I have kind of strange question for Americans who drove up there.....

Did your car insurance company required you to fill out forms or carry special insurance card for your time while being up there? Did you have to spend extra cash for the car to be insured for Canada?

Because I've been looking at my insurance company's site and nothing came up for international driving. I know I'll be insured for whole trip since I have national wide insurance company. I was planning on going to Canada last year and my Dad told me I had to get it cleared from headquarters before I left so I couldn't go.

By the way, since I found out I can get international money orders from USPS and they take credit cards. I'm going to mail out my registration form tomorrow or Tuesday I figured since I sign up so soon...I have no choice but to save and my parents can't say "No."

I found it a lot easier than I'd have guessed, to get the answer to that question, when I simply called my car insurance agent. Service is included in your premiums.

It may vary from one insurance company to another. But I suspect most of them are similar.

State Farm covered my vehicle in Ontario, same as it does in any other state outside Michigan. No problem. No extra fees. But verify with your own company, because other people can't know all the answers to your own personal situation.

I too, have trouble finding info online sometimes. It depends on the company. Sometimes it's better to use the phone instead. At least with an insurance company, you have an agent usually with a live person answering the phone.
Old 02-21-2005, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Then of course if that all fails, we could fall back onto karaoke or Shadow Dancing

And if that fails, well then me and Jack can sit in the back corner dreaming about our next life as bottles of fragrance on Shania's shelf

:LMAO :LMAO :LMAO

I'm havin' me a party!!!
Post New Thread Reply