Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[] Still the One in Vegas!
[] Shania on Spanish TV
[] Shania on French TV
[] Shania in TIME!
[] Shania on Today Show
[] Shania at Grey Cup
[] Shania on Late Show
[] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[]Chatroom
[] Board Members Pics
[] Timmins Trip Photos!
[] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > The Former Shania Centre in Timmins
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 11-02-2004, 10:56 AM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

This Is For Those Of Us That Were Not Able To Go To Timmins

I have been reading all the posts from our STNAOFC brothers and sisters who are rocking on in Timmins as I speak. I've seen pictures of Chris and FV, Irene, and many others. I'm very happy for them to be able to be there. I hope they will have the time of their lives, which I am sure they will.

However, many of us were not able to make this historic trip in on-going Shania Twain saga. I am one of them. As happy as I am for those who are there now, I am a little sad for myself. In 2001 I made that pilgrimage to Timmins for the official opening of the Shania Twain Centre and Shania was a no-show. Of course there was a good explanation, she was carrying Eja. We all knew this here, but we discussed it and decided to go to Timmins anyway to meet each other. I got a double bonus because I made some new friends in Ottawa and have continued that friendship. I also talked my wife into going. Let's just say she wasn't totally thrilled, but in any event, she went because she loves me and wanted me to be happy. When you think about it, she did something very nice for me. She is not a big fan of Shania and doesn't understand me in that regard, but she was willing to hop into a mini-van and travel 800 miles one way to Timmins and back just to make me happy. She even went back to Ottawa with me to see Shania in concert. She enjoyed the show very much, but still she doesn't understand the facination. Now, I owe her to do something she wants to do. We are saving money for a trip next year, probably to Washington, DC. She has always wanted to go there. I've been to DC several times on business when I was working. So, now that we are retired, she wants to go. In order to keep that promise, I have to sacrifice some things. One of these of course is today in Timmins. I am sad that I am missing this, but on the other hand, I am proud of myself for not doing so in order to have this family trip next year.

For me this is kind of like when I went to Graceland in 1978 the year after Elvis died. At that time, you could only go on the grounds. They didn't allow you into the mansion. So, in 2001, I got to see the Shania Centre, but didn't get to see Shania.:LMAO

Maybe some of you who didn't get to go either can relate your thoughts here too.

Steve

Last edited by Steve F : 11-02-2004 at 11:10 AM.
Old 11-02-2004, 11:37 AM

Send a message via AIM to Shaniafan2000 Send a message via Yahoo to Shaniafan2000
Nice post Steve,

That is very nice of you to be so considerate towards your wife and sacrificing the Timmins trip for your trip to D.C., I'm sure it will be worth it in the long run.

I am sad as well that I am not able to be in Timmins. I hope to get there someday, although I realize that Shania probably won't be there again for a while, but I would also wish to be lucky enough to have the experience of meeting and talking with Shania if only briefly as others here have, such as Debbie in her (My Dinner With Shania post).

However, I'm trying to keep in mind the good Shania moments I've had, the 6 concerts i've been to, and the one, where even if it was for a milli-second, where I got to shake Shania's hand on the last leg of the Come On Over tour on 11.30.99 in Greenville, SC at the Bi-Lo Center, from what I recall she was wearing the silver shorts and top that she also wore in the special with the Dallas Cowboys that aired on CBS the same year. Although it was during the part, where I assume it was body guards carried the platform she was standing on through the audience, I was able to make a brief handshake, which I still remember to this day.

Other than that, I enjoyed meeting FV, Debbie, talkalot, Doc Bill I believe, Chris (CBSSpock) and I know there were a few others forgive me for my forgetful mind, that I met for the first time and had dinner with prior to the 04.30.04. concert in Charlotte, NC as well as met up with afterwards at this bar/restaurant near the Charlotte coliseum. It was great to finally put some faces to the screennames that I'd been communicating with here on the message board. I recall how envious I was of the others as they were heading on to see Shania again in Raliegh the next evening, but I was not able to. However, I did get to see Shania again slightly more than two months later at the Bi-Lo Center n Greenville, SC, which made the third time I saw Shania at that venue.

No matter what happens with Shania over the next couple of years and until the next tour. I appreciate these boards and the wonderful fellow Shania fans on here.

I guess I will end this post on a more light-hearted note, although I've been a member of this board for more than three and a half years, I have had times where I have not been as good of a Shania fan as I could have been and had some time lapses in posting . I'm just amazed at how dedicated some people on here are as I'm only now approaching 200 posts, while others here have several thousand posts to their name... ...lol I know that's not a big deal, but just thought it's kind of funny, how relatively few posts that I have made. Anyway three cheers to Shania, Mutt and a lot of great music to look forward to in the future!

P.S. Right now I'm listening to Up! Green, i've been goign through most of Shania's cds over the past few days in anticipation for Greatest Hits and the Up! Close dvd next week.

~Steven

"I'd love to wake up smiling, full of the joys of Spring, and hear on CNN that Elvis lives again And that John's back with The Beatles and they're going out on tour. I'll be the first in line for tickets -- gotta see that show for sure."

~Lyrics from When by Shania Twain and R.J. "Mutt" Lange.

Last edited by Shaniafan2000 : 11-02-2004 at 11:43 AM.
Old 11-02-2004, 12:56 PM
tower

Nice posts Guys I am so homesick for Timmins right now seeing pictures of Mendez, my local and all that
Old 11-02-2004, 01:22 PM
cross-stitching nut

Boy I know how you all feel. I'm also in kind of a funk because I was not able to go to Timmins this time as we are leaving for Hawaii in a couple of days. It is hard today to be excited about my first trip to Hawaii when the only place I want to be is in Timmins! But I have to be so thankful for all the Shania stuff that I got to do this year!!!!! The dinner that I had with Shania will stay with me forever and for always. Tomorrow I will get excited about Hawaii but for today I just think about all the fun and excitement that my friends are having in Timmins and it warms my heart. FV, Chris, Richard, Irene, Tee, Allison, Alan, TC, and all of those who are in Timmins I know just how you feel and it is a GREAT feeling...enjoy it!

"Find Your Self Esteem And Be Forever Free To Dream" - Shania Twain
Old 11-02-2004, 02:52 PM
I'm Havin' A Party!

Send a message via ICQ to Shunyeuh Send a message via AIM to Shunyeuh Send a message via MSN to Shunyeuh Send a message via Yahoo to Shunyeuh
nice post

I Had A Blast Giving Shania The Flowers And Seeing her Reaction! was the best Feeling Ever! Meeting Her Was Awesome! getting the oprah transcript signed was a blast and having her recognize me was cool!
Old 11-02-2004, 08:38 PM

I just want to say to all three of you, your posts about not being in Timmins today, hit it right on the button!! I am also really sad I wasn't able to go to Timmins because Shania means so much to me and this would have been the time to finally meet her, but I just didn't have the days to take off or the money right now! I still hope to go to Timmins next year for the convention and I really enjoy posting on this messageboard because most of the fans on here are so nice and I really would like to meet you all!!
Old 11-02-2004, 09:07 PM
I love you Shania FAFA:-)

Send a message via ICQ to Shania's_Sister
I have never been to Timmins I wish I was there today but I know my turn will come to visit Timmins

Carley

Shania's Fan since 1999 and I'll never forget her concert forever and for always

ShaniaTwainUk Please join our group Thanks
Carley's Blog Please leave a comment thanks guys
Old 11-02-2004, 09:15 PM

Yo Steve, 2001 crew, yes!!! LOL!
You're doing the right thing Steve and so am I (at least I keep telling myself that) My husband will be retiring from the Air Force in a few months and we promised we would leave without any debt so that is what we are striving for. I believe there are certain moments that are meant to be and this just wasn't the time for me to meet up with Shania I still have all the wonderful memories from 2001 (that was so freakin' fun) and I wish those kinds of memories for all of you!

Joni
Old 11-02-2004, 09:25 PM
I'm Havin' A Party!

Send a message via ICQ to Shunyeuh Send a message via AIM to Shunyeuh Send a message via MSN to Shunyeuh Send a message via Yahoo to Shunyeuh
i had a blast in 01 with everyone.. ill never forget our karoke version of you win my love where we all pulled back at same time,... the full dream machine!

oh dont forget at the the first sign were we were talkin about dont step in the holes! and i steped in it he.. lmao:LMAO :LMAO :LMAO

but the whole trip was great! meeting every one then!

oh and interview was cause of me ,, well my friend won it but couldnt make it so she ask me to do it instead.. he
I Had A Blast Giving Shania The Flowers And Seeing her Reaction! was the best Feeling Ever! Meeting Her Was Awesome! getting the oprah transcript signed was a blast and having her recognize me was cool!

Last edited by Shunyeuh : 11-03-2004 at 04:34 PM.
Old 11-03-2004, 03:06 PM

Send a message via AIM to shaniawarrior Send a message via Yahoo to shaniawarrior
Quote:
Originally posted by Joni
Yo Steve, 2001 crew, yes!!! LOL!
....I still have all the wonderful memories from 2001 (that was so freakin' fun) and I wish those kinds of memories for all of you!

Joni

HECK YEAH GO 2001 CREW WOOOOO!!!!!! Steve, that's awesome what you're doing & you too Joni! I *could* have gone...but then I would've failed the semester for missing 3 days of classes & a test sooo...yeah, I had to wait unfortunately. LOL I still have all the great memories of the 2001 trip, which was one of *the* best trips I have made in my life. I really hope to be up there soon. I miss Timmins so much and I miss hanging out with the Shania gang!!!! Can't wait to go up there again!!

A HYPER Shania fan,
Desiree

"I'm a vegetarian, Brad. I eat TOFU TUNA!! *slap*" ~Shania in "I Heart Huckabees"
Old 11-03-2004, 04:23 PM
Board Administrator

We were missing you all too.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 11-03-2004, 04:37 PM
I'm Havin' A Party!

my fav from 01 trip he
warrrior

And how can any of us forget that SCREAM that Warrior let out as she darted across the street with no regard to traffic, thank heavens there was none because of the holiday! To our amazement it was because of a ever so large
graduation portrait of Eilleen Twain. As Warrior got to the window she was using her sleeve to wipe the moisture off so as she could get that
perfect picture. Of course by then the rest of us finally had made our way across the street.
Old 11-03-2004, 06:47 PM

WOW, just saw this thread, well I am in the same boat Debbie, Joni, Steve, Desiree. Eventhough I haven't met most of you in person, I can totally relate to the mixed feelings of happiness for everyone there, and sadness for us. Like you said Joni, everything happens for a reason, and this just wasn't my time to meet UP with Shania either.

Olga

I'm havin' me a party!!!
Old 11-03-2004, 11:13 PM

Add me to the list! I was thrilled to be able to go to Timmins (although I missed the convention by a day, I was still SO blessed to meet several of you), but I positively ache to have been there for this.

The reason I didn't get to go up this week was because we couldn't afford it - we spent our travel money on two Shania concerts. (NOT to worry, Debbie, I would have made it back before you got here IF we'd been able to make Timmins )

With ALL my heart, I wish I was up in Timmins to see her at her Centre (and to see Tracy be so wonderfully recognized), but I wouldn't sacrifice Cody's concert experience for it.

Wow... it's been an aMAZing Shania year!!!
Old 11-04-2004, 09:01 AM

Send a message via AIM to resessions
Believe me when I say this....several times I "felt" you guys thinking about us.....You might not have been with us there in person, but I know ALL of you were with us there in Spirit.