Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > Shania in the news
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 10-21-2003, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tankandmaddie
Well, what happened to Melissa Etheridge? Nobody ever mentioned Allison Krauss and Union Station on today's tapings. I'm very confused. Well, at least we will see it sometime. I hope they don't cut any of it.

Your confused?...I'M BEYOND CONFUSED!!!
Okay, I know I get confused easily...
but anyway:

This is what I have so far:

Quote:
This is the account of the taping by the fanclub member:
Hi everyone I just got home from the Oprah taping with Shania and Dolly It was unbelievable!!!
It taped this morning around 9am. Taping was over around 1045am.
It airs this Thursday10-23, plus on the Oxygen channel at 7 or 730 the same day 10-23 its the Oprah after the show with Shania and Dolly.
They taped that as well this morning. So don't miss the Oprah show and then don't forget to watch the Oxygen network for the Oprah after the show show...It was incredible.
We were sitting in the 3rd row and Shania sang 1 song with Dolly and then Shania sang another song solo. She was excellent as usual!!!
She looked so adorable, and she is amazing.
It was so much fun!!Shania was on for the whole show and then plus the after show as well so about 1 hour and 30 minutes.
When the show starts Shania comes out right away and talks with Oprah. She talks more then Dolly comes out and they sing together which is incredible.
It was so amazing to see Shania that up close, and Dolly is so funny and alot of fun as well. Shania said that it was a dream come true for her to sing with Dolly and that dream was going to come true on the Oprah show for her.
Shania got emotional cause she adores Dolly. They then all sat around and talked with Oprah, lots of laughs
Then Melissa Etheridge came out and performed 9 to 5 with Dolly and then Oprah and Shania got up and they all sang, it was so incredible. Then Shania sang a song solo and rocked the whole studio.
It was just incredible. The show gave us a copy of Shania's UP album and Dolly's new Tribute album. I don't care about the discs, the fact that Shania was there was a dream...Dolly there too was a bonus.
Shania said she wishes she could meet each and every fan at every one of her concerts. She is so down to earth and humble. She is the best. It was just great.

Quote:
From musicstation.com:
Featured Artists
Melissa Etheridge, Dolly Parton, Shania Twain
about : 10/23/2003 - Dolly Parton, Shania Twain, Melissa Ethridge
Dolly Parton, Shania Twain and Melissa Ethridge rock the stage as never before on today's "Oprah.

Quote:
From Countrystars:
SHANIA TWAIN IN CHICAGO
Shania Twain returned to Chicago yesterday to prepare for her part in the taping of a special edition of "Oprah." The show that will also feature Dolly Parton and Alison Krauss & Union Station, is set to air on November 5th.

Does anyone know what's REALLY going on?

I can understand the air-date change to the same day as CMA Awards. I don't know if this is good or bad Jud, but at least it could make sense. I take it that the "After The Show" segment on Oxygen Channel will also be on November 5th. That would only naturally follow, right?

What I totally don't understand is the Melissa Etheridge or Alison Krauss & Union Station thing. The fanclub member, who says they were there, has Melissa Etheridge singing "9 to 5" with Dolly. Melissa sang "I Will Always Love You" on the Tribute Album, AK&US did "9 to 5". Maybe the fan couldn't tell the difference between Melissa and Alison?
NAH, I don't think so!

Well, I guess I'll just kick back, watch for more posts, and see what will be revealed.

I'm still so confused. Please post soon and help me understand.

Last edited by NEB : 10-21-2003 at 04:08 PM.
Old 10-21-2003, 06:48 PM
Who's On First?

Old 10-21-2003, 07:03 PM
Men are like shoes...

I asked the person over at the fanclub who went to the Oprah taping if Allison Krauss and Union Station were there. They said that they were. Allison apparently sang with Dolly too. Can't wait to see the show!!

Men are like shoes....made to confuse
There are so many of them...I don't know which ones to choose!
Old 10-21-2003, 07:20 PM
Who's On First?

Countrstars (GAC) has screwed dates up in the past - this is probably the case here.
Old 10-21-2003, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by AINAHS
Countrstars (GAC) has screwed dates up in the past - this is probably the case here.

I don't think that is the case this time. This is from Oprah's site:

http://www.oprah.com/index.jhtml;js...C2KAPLARAYICFEQ

Monday, 10/20/03
Inside the Lives Of Little People

Tuesday, 10/21/03
The World's Most Talented Kids

Wednesday, 10/22/03
Oprah Throws a Party

Thursday, 10/23/03
Real Life CSI Stories

Friday, 10/24/03
Stars of Cat in the Hat
Old 10-21-2003, 07:40 PM
Board Administrator

Looks like the Nov. 5th date it is.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 10-21-2003, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tankandmaddie
I asked the person over at the fanclub who went to the Oprah taping if Allison Krauss and Union Station were there. They said that they were. Allison apparently sang with Dolly too. Can't wait to see the show!!

Especially if AK&US were there, why didn't they sing "9 to 5" instead of Melissa Etheridge? The person who was there must have made a mistake or ? It don't make sense.
Old 10-21-2003, 09:36 PM

In my "Unrelenting Search To Find The Truth About The Oprah Show", I found this posted on the Forums from B.B. Barcus:

http://www.shaniaforums.com/showthr...?threadid=25361

Quote:
Hey guys-
i'm sure you all know to catch us Monday on Oprah-should be lots of fun!!
It's going to be a smaller band for the show. I hope all of you can catch it. If not i'll have some behind the scenes stuff from it in the weekly journal that goes out.

I didn't know any of the Fabulous Falls were going to be there TOO! Nothing in the "weekly journal" yet, but hopefully soon! Maybe I'll find some answers to my "quest" in the next addition. Hurry UP! B.B., I want answers NOW!

By the way, you can view the journal and subscribe to it if you want, at:

http://www.mileyandbb.com/journal/index.html

Let's see now:

Shania & Fabulous Falls(part of), Dolly, Melissa Etheridge, Alison Krauss & Union Station...You've got quite a guest list there Oprah.
Old 10-21-2003, 09:39 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by NEB
In my "Unrelenting Search To Find The Truth About The Oprah Show", I found this posted on the Forums from B.B. Barcus:

http://www.shaniaforums.com/showthr...?threadid=25361

I didn't know any of the Fabulous Falls were going to be there TOO! Nothing in the "weekly journal" yet, but hopefully soon! Maybe I'll find some answers to my "quest" in the next addition. Hurry UP! B.B., I want answers NOW!

By the way, you can view the journal and subscribe to it if you want, at:

http://www.mileyandbb.com/journal/index.html

Let's see now:

Shania & Fabulous Falls(part of), Dolly, Melissa Etheridge, Alison Krauss & Union Station...You've got quite a guest list there Oprah.

I'll have to see if I can get some details.

-Chris

Old 10-22-2003, 10:08 AM
Board Administrator

From Dolly's website............

'Oprah' To Air In Nov.
Dolly’s tribute episode of The Oprah Winfrey Show, taped on Monday, will now air during the television “sweeps” period and the week of the CMA Awards, it has been announced, although the definite date is questionable. Nashville columnist Hazel Smith on Tuesday said on her radio show just that it will air during CMA week, while CountryStars.com reported Monday that it will air on Nov. 5, and Sugar Hill Records says it will air on Nov. 4. More as I learn it! Thanks, Bridget and Dawn!

----

Oct. 21:
Oprah Recap, Possible Delay, Tour News
A reader who attended Dolly's taping of The Oprah Winfrey Show on Monday said it was an awesome occasion. Wearing an orange gown and short wig, Dolly was lauded by Shania Twain and Melissa Etheridge. Alison Krauss also appeared, but only to sing, not to be interviewed. The performances were as follows:

Shania and Dolly: Coat Of Many Colors

Melissa and Dolly: I Will Always Love You

Shania: She's Not Just A Pretty Face

Dolly: medley

Alison and Dolly: 9 To 5 (performed for the "Oprah After The Show" segment on Oprah's Web site, which will be posted here)
Dolly didn't talk about her Nov. 11 release, For God And Country, but the reader who attended did get a brief chance to meet her following the taping and asked about the CD and whether she plans to tour to promote it, and she told him that she is definitely planning to tour in 2004. He also told her that he bought her DVD at Wal-Mart, to which she giggled. Thanks, Christian!

One worrisome note, however, Oprah's Web site on Monday removed the Dolly tribute episode from its listing for Thursday, replacing it with "Real Life CSI Stories." Friday's show is listed as "TBA," so Dolly's may be moving to that day instead.

http://www.dollymania.net/news.html

So Dolly fans are in the dark as well.

-Chris

Old 10-22-2003, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cbspock
From Dolly's website............

'Oprah' To Air In Nov.
Dolly’s tribute episode of The Oprah Winfrey Show, taped on Monday, will now air during the television “sweeps” period and the week of the CMA Awards, it has been announced, although the definite date is questionable. Nashville columnist Hazel Smith on Tuesday said on her radio show just that it will air during CMA week, while CountryStars.com reported Monday that it will air on Nov. 5, and Sugar Hill Records says it will air on Nov. 4. More as I learn it! Thanks, Bridget and Dawn!

----

Oct. 21:
Oprah Recap, Possible Delay, Tour News
A reader who attended Dolly's taping of The Oprah Winfrey Show on Monday said it was an awesome occasion. Wearing an orange gown and short wig, Dolly was lauded by Shania Twain and Melissa Etheridge. Alison Krauss also appeared, but only to sing, not to be interviewed. The performances were as follows:

Shania and Dolly: Coat Of Many Colors

Melissa and Dolly: I Will Always Love You

Shania: She's Not Just A Pretty Face

Dolly: medley

Alison and Dolly: 9 To 5 (performed for the "Oprah After The Show" segment on Oprah's Web site, which will be posted here)
Dolly didn't talk about her Nov. 11 release, For God And Country, but the reader who attended did get a brief chance to meet her following the taping and asked about the CD and whether she plans to tour to promote it, and she told him that she is definitely planning to tour in 2004. He also told her that he bought her DVD at Wal-Mart, to which she giggled. Thanks, Christian!

One worrisome note, however, Oprah's Web site on Monday removed the Dolly tribute episode from its listing for Thursday, replacing it with "Real Life CSI Stories." Friday's show is listed as "TBA," so Dolly's may be moving to that day instead.

http://www.dollymania.net/news.html

So Dolly fans are in the dark as well.

-Chris

Thanks, cbspock!!!

That clears UP! pretty much all of my questions.

The performance list makes sense now, with Melissa doing "I Will Always Love You" and Alisson doing "9 to 5".

Moving the air-date to Nov.4th or 5th(or ?), also makes sense with the CMA Show and the "Sweeps Week" angle. Having Shania, along with Dolly and the rest of the guests all together, should make this a real "ratings grabber".

The way the performances are split between the "Oprah Show" and the "After The Show" segment should work well.

Thanks again for the info.! It looks like I can put my "Unrelenting Search For Truth" on hold until around Nov.1st. Then I'll probably take it UP! again to find out the exact air-date.
Old 10-22-2003, 04:35 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by NEB
It looks like I can put my "Unrelenting Search For Truth" on hold until around Nov.1st. Then I'll probably take it UP! again to find out the exact air-date. [/B]

I think we can close the case now..

http://www.shania-twain.com/

10/22/03 Update - Shania On Oprah
Catch Shania on Oprah on Tuesday, November 4. She will perform her new single ''She's Not Just A Pretty Face'' as well as ''Coat Of Many Colors'' with her idol Dolly Parton.
The show will also highlight Shania's upcoming World Tour as well as promote her current album UP!
Old 10-22-2003, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by FV
I think we can close the case now..

http://www.shania-twain.com/

10/22/03 Update - Shania On Oprah
Catch Shania on Oprah on Tuesday, November 4. She will perform her new single ''She's Not Just A Pretty Face'' as well as ''Coat Of Many Colors'' with her idol Dolly Parton.
The show will also highlight Shania's upcoming World Tour as well as promote her current album UP!

Thanks, FV

The last piece of the puzzle falls into place! I can rest my weary mind now.

Unless they change the air-date again
Old 10-22-2003, 06:12 PM

Yeah, thanks FV for the info! I was starting to get alittle confused also! I sure hope that it is going to be Nov. 4th now!!
Old 10-23-2003, 02:22 AM

Send a message via AIM to brett
If the Oprah show is airing 11/4, when will the After Show air? Anyone know?
Post New Thread Reply