Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[] Still the One in Vegas!
[] Shania on Spanish TV
[] Shania on French TV
[] Shania in TIME!
[] Shania on Today Show
[] Shania at Grey Cup
[] Shania on Late Show
[] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[]Chatroom
[] Board Members Pics
[] Timmins Trip Photos!
[] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > Shania in the news
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 11-28-2004, 08:06 PM
Board Administrator

Okay, here is the book Shania is reading to Eja, or Eja is learning to read....

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/039...543#reader-link

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 11-28-2004, 08:39 PM

At one point Shania compared herself to Cher when she did her videos that was right after TDIMM #4 was played...

Benjamin
Old 11-29-2004, 12:38 AM

Send a message via AIM to Shaniafan2000 Send a message via Yahoo to Shaniafan2000
Quote:
Originally posted by corran
Cheryl

You have to take into consideration that on CMT America there is a fairly large percentage of male viewers...So they will influence the voting rather severely...But if they did the voting by sex category the results would be rather interesting to say the least...But I think you understand where I am leading to...I would think that FAFA would have definately won out amongst the females... But FAFA is definately my favorite over MIFLAW hands down...I don't go that much for the flashy even though I must admit Shania looks fabulous in MIFLAW and it is a very bold statement for Shania to males and females for that matter...But you would be suprised how many males love that very boldness of the video MIFLAW...But I think with each video Shania makes a statement in some direction or the the other...Those videos all convey something to the audience...More than any other I think it was MIFLAW that rocked country to its core...The other one would be That Don't Impress Me Much...

I also think that the voting results did not suprise Shania at all...If FAFA had come out on top, I think that Shania might have shown some suprise...

Benjamin

I agree with the comments about FAFA and WIM as well. I like MIFLAW! and predicted it woudl be the number one video as it ended up being. But going back to something Steve F said earlier. In this video to me, Shania has too much makeup on. Plus I think she looks better with the longer hair, rather than tied back and in the top hat. With that said, I understand this video was a parody of Robert Palmer's "Addicted to Love", so I understand the reasoning for all of the makeup. Although i found it amusing, the role reversal, Shania being the lead singer with male backup "guitar players" instead of the females as in Palmers video.

FAFA is just an awesome video about love, which I think is Shania's best romantic video to date as you can see the storyline playout as opposed to in YGAW or FTMO where Shania is simply singing or YSTO, where the video cuts back and forth to the guy and Shania, with both of them only being in the final scene where she sings "I'm so glad we made it, look how far we've come my baby."

"I'd love to wake up smiling, full of the joys of Spring, and hear on CNN that Elvis lives again And that John's back with The Beatles and they're going out on tour. I'll be the first in line for tickets -- gotta see that show for sure."

~Lyrics from When by Shania Twain and R.J. "Mutt" Lange.
Old 11-29-2004, 12:44 AM

I can't believe Shania's favorite movie is Billy Elliot! It has been one of my favs for years. Most people that I'm around haven't heard of it, but everyone should see it. Very inspirational!
Old 11-29-2004, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ellie
I can't believe Shania's favorite movie is Billy Elliot! It has been one of my favs for years. Most people that I'm around haven't heard of it, but everyone should see it. Very inspirational!

Sounds like a movie I would like to see Ellie...A very good human interest story...I understand where Shania is coming from now that I know her character a lot better...I love human interest stories and I have posted many here in regards to Shania and how she has inspired and affected people...

Benjamin
Old 11-29-2004, 06:56 AM

Shania's wedding song. (Didn't I read somewhere that it was "Everything I Do, I Do It For You"?) Maybe she had more than one. Interesting that Mutt picked it, maybe after she told him that the Everly Brothers were her mother's favorite. Looks like he's a romantic at heart.

Let It Be Me

I bless the day I found you
I want to stay around you
And so I beg you
Let it be me

Don't take this heaven from one
If you must cling to someone
Now and forever
Let it be me

Each time we meet love
I find complete love
Without your sweet love
What would life be

So never leave me lonely
Tell me you'll love me only
And that you'll always
Let it be me

Each time we meet love
I find complete love
Without your sweet love
What would life be

So never leave me lonely
And that you'll always
Let it be me
Old 11-29-2004, 04:15 PM

Well, Shania did say he didn't give her any lines and he is so real! Lucky woman!!

Also, when my brother and I were younger, we had all the Suess books and I should have kept them! Back then you never think of those things!
Old 11-29-2004, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cheryl
Well, Shania did say he didn't give her any lines and he is so real! Lucky woman!!

Also, when my brother and I were younger, we had all the Suess books and I should have kept them! Back then you never think of those things!

Yep! Cheryl Shania has the whole wide world at her finger tips with Mutt at her side...No doubt about that eh! Shania and Mutt are so down to earth...

Benjamin
Old 11-29-2004, 07:29 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by tides24
Shania's wedding song. (Didn't I read somewhere that it was "Everything I Do, I Do It For You"?) Maybe she had more than one. Interesting that Mutt picked it, maybe after she told him that the Everly Brothers were her mother's favorite. Looks like he's a romantic at heart.

Let It Be Me

I bless the day I found you
I want to stay around you
And so I beg you
Let it be me

Don't take this heaven from one
If you must cling to someone
Now and forever
Let it be me

Each time we meet love
I find complete love
Without your sweet love
What would life be

So never leave me lonely
And that you'll always
Let it be me

Each time we meet love
I find complete love
Without your sweet love
What would life be

So never leave me lonely
And that you'll always
Let it be me

In Driven, one of her friends I think it was said the song they danced to was "Everything I do", however the "wedding song" was this one. Shania has said numerous times how romantic Mutt can be, even though there are days she wants to toss him into the lake...lol

My sister's friend did the same at her wedding, they had their "wedding song" then the last dance they did was a special request from the bride, and that was "Forever and For Always"

You know, this song could almost be a Shania song. There are even ideas and themes in it that Shania has used in her songs..lol

All Mutt did was show a total interest in her songwriting, and that he believed in her, and she was hooked.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain

Last edited by cbspock : 11-29-2004 at 07:35 PM.
Old 11-29-2004, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cbspock
In Driven, one of her friends I think it was said the song they danced to was "Everything I do", however the "wedding song" was this one. Shania has said numerous times how romantic Mutt can be, even though there are days she wants to toss him into the lake...lol

My sister's friend did the same at her wedding, they had their "wedding song" then the last dance they did was a special request from the bride, and that was "Forever and For Always"

You know, this song could almost be a Shania song. There are even ideas and themes in it that Shania has used in her songs..lol

All Mutt did was show a total interest in her songwriting, and that he believed in her, and she was hooked.

-Chris

Mutt was just as hooked on Shania so the story goes...

Benjamin
Old 02-03-2005, 08:48 PM
Administrator

You can now watch videoclips of Shania answering the fans' questions on the Special Shania Top 20 Countdown episode at CMT.com

http://www.cmt.com/shows/dyn//top_t...es_videos.jhtml