Watch Shania LIVE from Las Vegas - Feb. 28!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
Shania's UPClose and Personal DVD! Click to Order
[•] Latest Shania News!
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Shania Twain Centre
[•] Board Code of Conduct!
Click to Order Greatest Hits CD!
Please Support Shania's Cause!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > Shania in the news
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 12-12-2004, 01:24 PM

Hey PETA, animals are delicious

More Peta news...and Shania comments on why she still remains such a beauty to behold...

Link:

http://www.al.com/outdoors/birmingh...46711227120.xml

Outdoors columnist Mike Bolton
» More columns from Mike Bolton

Hey PETA, animals are delicious
Sunday, December 12, 2004
It's December and you know what that means. It's that time of the year when we eagerly await a very important day, a time when we reflect on those who mean the most to us.
Christmas? No, silly. It's time for my annual update on the animal rights movement.

First, grant me the opportunity to brag a little. You can imagine my thrill earlier this month when an alert reader pointed out that I was a finalist in PETA's Sexiest Vegetarian Alive competition. I went to the PETA Web site and, sure enough, there was my name, Michael Bolton, on the list along with Shania Twain, Drew Barrymore, Pamela Anderson, Joaquin Phoenix, Keenen Ivory Wayans, Ashley Judd and Alicia Silverstone.

You can imagine my disappointment when my wife said there must be a mistake because there is no way I was a sexiest man alive finalist. Why? Duh! Because I'm not a vegetarian!

I called PETA to point out the organization's mistake and I was informed that person on the finalist list wasn't me. Some long-haired guy who sings elevator music had stolen my name! Identity theft! (I saw that on "6 on Your Side.")

Shania Twain eventually won the title of Sexiest Vegetarian Alive and in doing so revealed her beauty secrets. "I eat a lot of tofu, and I drink soy shakes with fruit every morning," Twain told PETA. "I always have soybeans, black beans or chickpeas for lunch or dinner."

That is the same diet as the wild turkey's - the ugliest creature on earth - but Twain insists eating food that tastes like paper is the reason for her beauty.
Those millions of dollars in clothes, the full-time makeup artists, the full-time hairdressers and a full-time trainer are only publicity gimmicks.

I was crushed by the brief flirtation with animal rights fame, but my heartache surely pales compared to the hurt felt by Pamela Anderson this year. The former "Baywatch" star was replaced as PETA's celebrity spokesperson.

PETA dug deep in the MENSA pool from which Anderson came and selected Anna Nicole Smith as its new spokesperson. Don't you know PETA was embarrassed! It forgot it is an organization that is against artificially injected mammals. Smith says she will no longer eat meat and will return to her diet of bon-bons and Reese's Cups.

PETA's biggest setback of the year came early in 2004 when CBS rejected the organization's Super Bowl ad. The ad showed two women seducing a pizza delivery boy. The reason? Eating meat makes you impotent, the PETA ad said. The commercial ended with the two women showing their appreciation that the pizza boy had taken up eating stuff like radishes and rutabagas.

CBS spokesperson Dana McClintock said the network rejected the ad not because of its raciness, but because of CBS' "general policy against airing advocacy advertisements." CBS, of course, wisely canceled the ad and showed one of Janet Jackson's breasts instead. That caused many viewers to stop eating not only meat, but all other food as well.

It has been a boring year on the animal rights front. A few protests against clubbing baby seals here, a few women walking around naked protesting fur there. The usual stuff. Despite the lack of fireworks, the year reinforced my feelings for all of God's creatures.

I love animals. They're delicious.

Mike Bolton's outdoors column appears every Sunday.

Benjamin
Old 12-12-2004, 01:28 PM
Board Administrator

Obviously, this guy knows nothing about Shania.

PETA does some crazy stuff, I agree with the guy on that part of it. I am surprised he didn't throw in the other joke about PETA standing for People Eating Tasty Animals.

They take away from what they want to accomplish when they do the kooky stuff. IMO.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain

Last edited by cbspock : 12-12-2004 at 01:45 PM.
Old 12-12-2004, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cbspock
Obviously, this guy knows nothing about Shania.

PETA does some crazy stuff, I agree with the guy on that part of it. I am surprised he didn't throw in the other joke about PETA standing for People Eating Tasty Animals

-Chris

Probably not Chris...But he does know that she is a vegetarian...But I don't think he is aware of Shania or rather should I say Eilleen's beginnings...That PETA joke is rather tasteless I have to agree there...

Benjamin
Old 12-12-2004, 01:34 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by corran
Probably not Chris...But he does know that she is a vegetarian...But I don't think he is aware of Shania or rather should I say Eilleen's beginnings...But joke is rather tasteless I have to agree there...

Benjamin

All he knows is that she got sexiest vegetarian once from PETA's website. Anyone can find that out on their site. It does not show any knowledge of Shania.

See, it is right from their site...
http://www.peta.org/feat/celeb/

SHANIA TWAIN IS "THE SEXIEST VEGETARIAN ALIVE"

It was a close race, but there will be no recounts.

Visitors to PETA’s Web site and readers of PETA’s Animal Times magazine have spoken: Shania Twain is "The Sexiest Vegetarian Alive."

With more than 60,000 votes cast over the last eight weeks, the country icon narrowly edged out Drew Barrymore, Pamela Anderson, Joaquin Phoenix, Keenen Ivory Wayans, Ashley Judd, Morrissey, Alicia Silverstone, Michael Bolton, and the dozens of other celebrities who made up PETA’s star-studded ballot.

"I don't eat meat, fish, or eggs. I was never a big meat-eater, but I've got more energy now," says Shania, who hasn't eaten an animal since she married longtime vegetarian (and record producer) Mutt Lange in 1993.

For those seeking the secrets to Shania's sexiness, here's the scoop: Her favorite food is pasta, and she says, "I eat a lot of tofu, and I drink soy shakes with fruit every morning. I always have soybeans, black beans, or chickpeas for lunch or dinner."

There's been no comment on Shania's new title from a certain hunky blond actor who was recently crowned "The Sexiest Man Alive" by another magazine. But as Shania says in one of her biggest hits, "OK, so you're Brad Pitt—that don't impress me much!"

That tells me nothing about her.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 12-12-2004, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cbspock
All he knows is that she got sexiest vegetarian once from PETA's website. Anyone can find that out on their site. It does not show any knowledge of Shania.

See, it is right from their site...
http://www.peta.org/feat/celeb/

SHANIA TWAIN IS "THE SEXIEST VEGETARIAN ALIVE"

It was a close race, but there will be no recounts.

Visitors to PETA’s Web site and readers of PETA’s Animal Times magazine have spoken: Shania Twain is "The Sexiest Vegetarian Alive."

With more than 60,000 votes cast over the last eight weeks, the country icon narrowly edged out Drew Barrymore, Pamela Anderson, Joaquin Phoenix, Keenen Ivory Wayans, Ashley Judd, Morrissey, Alicia Silverstone, Michael Bolton, and the dozens of other celebrities who made up PETA’s star-studded ballot.

"I don't eat meat, fish, or eggs. I was never a big meat-eater, but I've got more energy now," says Shania, who hasn't eaten an animal since she married longtime vegetarian (and record producer) Mutt Lange in 1993.

For those seeking the secrets to Shania's sexiness, here's the scoop: Her favorite food is pasta, and she says, "I eat a lot of tofu, and I drink soy shakes with fruit every morning. I always have soybeans, black beans, or chickpeas for lunch or dinner."

There's been no comment on Shania's new title from a certain hunky blond actor who was recently crowned "The Sexiest Man Alive" by another magazine. But as Shania says in one of her biggest hits, "OK, so you're Brad Pitt—that don't impress me much!"

That tells me nothing about her.

-Chris

Chris

It says a lot to me...That Shania is not easily impressed by PETA politics...I think Shania understands that people will do what they have to do to survive like her familiy did in Timmins...But I agree nothing new there...

Benjamin