Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > Shania in the news
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 11-24-2004, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cbspock
Now we can put pictures to all the stories we heard.
Where a was that from Knight?
-Chris

I was not ignoring you Chris - I just got home today and saw your question - at the top of my post last night, I headed it as from the Nov. 27 issue of the Canadian TV Guide - but you found that out already.
Old 11-25-2004, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DOC BILL
Her point on her son is valid and I'm very sure not meant to be taken verbatim. She was making a very important point about a childs need to understand the "real" world in order to survive. A point I happen to very much agree with her on. DOC

That is such a hard task today for parents.
From one, you try and save your kids childhood, and let them being kids, and naive, and believe in dream.
On the other, you know how hard to survive, and you want them to be strong emotionally and cope with whaterver life throw on them.

And today with television and internet they are so overly exposed to everything....
Old 11-25-2004, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jud
That is such a hard task today for parents.
From one, you try and save your kids childhood, and let them being kids, and naive, and believe in dream.
On the other, you know how hard to survive, and you want them to be strong emotionally and cope with whaterver life throw on them.

And today with television and internet they are so overly exposed to everything....

Jud

Shania wants to pass on that hard won survival instinct that she developed while she was hunting and working in the wilds of Ontario Canada...It is perfectly understandable that Shania would want to do that...A trial like that would certainly make Eja into a tougher more resilient person like Shania is now...

Benjamin
Old 11-25-2004, 01:44 PM

here is the tv guide cover,i also just saw the promo for shania's homecoming.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tv guide nov.jpg (74.1 KB, 152 views)
Old 11-25-2004, 02:05 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by corran
Jud

Shania wants to pass on that hard won survival instinct that she developed while she was hunting and working in the wilds of Ontario Canada...It is perfectly understandable that Shania would want to do that...A trial like that would certainly make Eja into a tougher more resilient person like Shania is now...

Benjamin

Like Ben said, it will be different, because Shania learned the very hard way.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 11-25-2004, 03:21 PM
Board Administrator

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNe...01412488796_30/

Shania Shares Pain and Pride in Shania's Homecoming, Monday on CTV
Toronto, Ontario (November 25, 2004) - Shania Twain says the early days of her career were not as romantic as legend has it.

In a new primetime special airing Monday on CTV, Twain says that being yanked out of bed to perform in local clubs may sound nostalgic, but she "didn't always want to do it. I didn't want to come in these smoky clubs with all these drunks in the middle of the night when I had school the next day. I didn't want to do that." Nevertheless, Twain shares fond memories of her childhood growing up in Timmins, Ontario in the one-hour special Shania's Homecoming premiering Monday, Nov. 29 at 8 p.m. ET, exclusively on CTV (check local listings).

After years of fame, record-setting album sales and worldwide notoriety, the international recording superstar has remained true to her roots in the small northern Ontario mining community. "I come from Timmins and will always be able to fit back in here," she says. "I'm happy to just fall right back into where I come from. I can do that at any point in my life."

Hosted by etalk Daily's Ben Mulroney, Shania's Homecoming is an exclusive chronicle of Twain's hometown tour of Timmins, Ontario, earlier this month. This intimate walk down memory lane invites viewers to share the experience through candid behind-the-scenes footage, including her emotional first visit to the "Shania Twain Centre," a museum dedicated to her blockbuster career. The special features a never-before-heard duet recorded at a friends' basement at the age of sixteen, a reunion with her very first band "Long Shot," highlights from Twain's stint as co-host of Canada AM, and an emotional reflection on the tragic passing of both her parents in a car accident.

Here's Shania on …

The Early Days: "My parents would basically come [to the bar] in the early evening and convince the band to let their little girl play later in the night … and the club owner would agree to after hours when they stopped serving. I'd get yanked out of bed at midnight and play a few songs."

Her First Paid Gigs: "I never had to wear heals to perform and certainly [had] never performed in sequins or anything like that … never had so much hairspray in my hair. I never wore all that make-up. I didn't know what it was like to wear these crystal earrings. It was all new."

The Name, Shania: "I guess maybe the Eileen Twain didn't flow as well so there was a girl I was working with at a show in Huntsville, Ontario … her name was Shania. She was from an Ojibwe background and my father was Ojibwe and so, I just thought the association just so uncanny."

Her Parents: "They were always proud of me and they always told me that. … I mean, of course they'd be proud, but they would have just enjoyed sort of making it with me I think… I just think they would have enjoyed every second of it [her success]. They would have enjoyed being spoiled. They would have enjoyed traveling. They would have lapped it up I think."

Her Parents' Death: "When my parents died, along with that also … the dream did die a little bit. I kind of lost the ambition to please them … but by that time my mother and whole family had invested so much time developing me as a performing artist that it felt really dumb to throw it all away."

Shania Twain's Greatest Hits, a new album chronicling 18 of Twain's biggest, chart-topping hits as well as three new songs was released on Nov. 9, 2004 by Universal Music Canada. It's the first greatest hits package ever from the diamond-selling artist.

Universal Music Canada, a unit of Universal Music Group, is Canada's leading music organization, maintaining an overall 32.5 per cent market share. For further information on Universal Music Canada, please visit www.umusic.ca.

Old 11-25-2004, 09:35 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by dax
here is the tv guide cover,i also just saw the promo for shania's homecoming.

Thanks for the scan!
Old 11-26-2004, 12:44 PM
*~I Love You Shania!~*

Does anyone know if this will be on the internet like Canada AM was. This sounds like a great special and I would love to see it. Or, if anyone could tape this for me, that would be great. Let me know, either way. Thanks!

Shania's Still The One, Forever And For Always!

I You, Shania!

53 DAYS UNTIL THE FIFTH ANNUAL WORLDWIDE SHANIA TWAIN FAN CONVENTION!!! GET READY TO PARTY HARDY!!!
Old 11-26-2004, 05:39 PM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

Yes, I wish these magazines would stop bending around what she says. My Dad was telling me he was reading Reader's Digest and in the article, it sounded like her marriage was not doing well. This is the same as the TV Guide article I think. I heard what she said and it wasn't in that vein at all.

Steve
Old 11-26-2004, 06:29 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve F
Yes, I wish these magazines would stop bending around what she says. My Dad was telling me he was reading Reader's Digest and in the article, it sounded like her marriage was not doing well. This is the same as the TV Guide article I think. I heard what she said and it wasn't in that vein at all.

Steve

What was the date of that readers digest?

-Chris

Old 11-27-2004, 09:02 AM
Board Administrator

The special features a never-before-heard duet recorded at a friends' basement at the age of sixteen,

Tower, this might be one of the songs we heard.

-Chris

Old 11-27-2004, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by cbspock
What was the date of that readers digest?

-Chris

I can't tell you at the moment. You have to bear with my Dad, he will be 81 in a couple of weeks. He may have read the TV Guide article and by mistake thought it was Reader's Digest. He couldn't find it when we discussed it. I took it at face value that it was as he said because someone had commented here there was an article in Reader's Digest, but like you, I have not been able to find it as yet. Maybe there isn't one and Dad "is" confused with the TV Guide. I'll post any updates on this.

Steve
Old 11-27-2004, 10:54 AM
Men are like shoes...

Even if that comment was in the Reader's Digest it probably was just taken out of text from TV Guide. I would only take all of that with a grain of salt. Shania and Mutt are very happy.

Men are like shoes....made to confuse
There are so many of them...I don't know which ones to choose!
Old 11-27-2004, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tankandmaddie
Even if that comment was in the Reader's Digest it probably was just taken out of text from TV Guide. I would only take all of that with a grain of salt. Shania and Mutt are very happy.

You could tell that they are happy from the way she reacted last night on the Top 20, when Lance asked what line Mutt had used. Shania had a very noticeable love twinkle in her eyes when she said Mutt is very honest and doesn't have lines.

By the way, if I missed it I am sorry, but are we in the States going to get to see this show?

Steve
Old 11-27-2004, 09:21 PM
Board Administrator

There has been no word if this is going to be broadcast anywhere here in the USA. Since it was arranged by UMG USA and not UMG Canada you think they would grow a brain and have made sure CMT USA had rights to it as well.

However, I think it will be seen via the Shania Fan Network, if you get my drift..lol

-Chris

Last edited by cbspock : 11-27-2004 at 09:28 PM.
Post New Thread Reply