Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > North American Summer Tour 2018!
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 04-28-2004, 05:46 AM
Board Administrator

Columbia Concert-Where the Twain Meet

In poppy, country Shania, the Twain meet

Sassy pop (-ular) country singing cover girl Shania Twain brings her Up! Tour 2004 to the Colonial Center tonight.

Twain is famous for “You’re Still the One,” “Come on Over,” “I’m Gonna Getcha Good,” “Up!” and “Man! I Feel Like a Woman!,” but it was “That Don’t Impress Me Much” that stamped “diva” on her forehead.

Over a beat that could pass for pop as well as country, Twain curls a twang around lyrics like, “OK, so you’re a rocket scientist/ That don’t impress me much” and “OK, so you’re Brad Pitt/ That don’t impress me much.”

The message was easily understood: OK, so Shania’s a diva and she needs more than brains, money and looks to do her right.

We know these things don’t impress Twain, but how about the things that make her so impressive that she can sell out arenas?

Because man, she’s one special woman. Da-da, da-da-da.

WHAT’S IN A NAME?

Shania Twain was born in Windsor, Ontario. Her real name is Eileen Twain. Like many stars, she changed her name. “Shania” means “I’m on my way,” according to Ojibwa dialect. (The Ojibwa are an American Indian ethnolinguistic group centered in the upper Great Lakes in Canada and the United States.)

If the name change wasn’t foreshadowing, what is?

STAYING POWER

With the release of “Shania Twain” in 1993, it was apparent Twain would stay around for a while because she had great looks and a decent voice.

It’s been more than 10 years, and Twain is still flying high. But her staying power is evidenced in this tour. “Up!” the album was released in November 2002, and she is still touring to support it.

But then again, she waited five years between albums and her fans remembered her. Man, it must be good to be her.

NO. 1

Though she’s not a braggart, Twain has every right to boast on her accomplishments. After all, she’s alone at the top.

Her third album, “Come on Over,” is the most successful female solo album with more than 34 million sold worldwide. Now that’s impressive.

THREE CDS

Twain has enjoyed the crossover success every mainstream artist longs for because crossing over sells more albums. The hits on “Come on Over” were played on country, pop and adult-contemporary stations. So what does Twain do for “Up!”? She releases three versions in three different colors.

The green CD is for the Twain country fans. The red is pure pop. The blue CD, which has an international appeal, is a bit of a stretch with Twain’s vocal over Latin and European beats.

“So it’s like doing three albums in two years. No one will have done this before, and I’m pretty excited about it,” Twain says on her Web site.

OK, Shania, you think you’re special. I know you think you’re something else. Don’t get me wrong — yeah I think you’re all right, but that won’t keep me warm in the middle of the night.

— Otis R. Taylor Jr.

IF YOU GO

Shania Twain

When: 7:30 tonight

Where: Colonial Center

Tickets: $45, $65, $80

http://www.thestate.com/mld/thestat.../printstory.jsp

---

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain

Last edited by cbspock : 04-28-2004 at 05:53 AM.
Old 04-28-2004, 04:54 PM
Board Administrator

Lexington) April 28, 2004 - The Lexington High School band is about to march to the beat of a different drummer. Ian Galvin is a member of the band and explains, "It was basically a contest between all the high schools in the Midlands area to see who could raise the most non perishable goods."

Band member Kaylee Rogers says they had a good incentive, "We were going to raise cans for the Harvest Hope Food Bank and the school that raised the most would get to play with Shania."

Shania as in Shania Twain. Denise Holland with Harvest Hope says the famed performer challenged Midlands high school bands to collect canned goods for the hungry, "When Lexington High pulled into the parking lot, they had their band truck and several trucks behind them: 6000 pounds of food." Holland says Lexington High collected enough to feed 130 families for a week.

Ian says the school brought in reinforcements, "We got all the elementary schools in the community involved, just got everyone to help out, everyone at the school."

Twelve members of the Lexington High School band will come to the Colonial Center on Wednesday evening and play the drums on stage with Shania Twain during the finale of her concert.

The students came by for a closed practice with Shania's drummer earlier in the afternoon. Kaylee is excited an a little nervous, "By far it's going to be the biggest audience I've ever played for. Nothing like a marching band contest, totally different."

The students will play their own drums and wear their band uniforms on stage.

By Jennifer Miskewicz
Posted 5:43pm by BrettWitt
http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.a...77&nav=0RaPMg5j

Old 04-28-2004, 07:38 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by cbspock
The students will play their own drums and wear their band uniforms on stage.

Congratulations to them! It will be quite a thrill I am sure!
Old 04-28-2004, 10:47 PM
Banned

Post from Shania Forums

Member: ILovShania

Ok here goes! The concert was awesome! This was my first Shania concert and hopefully will not be the last.

Emerson Drive was great - they started at 7:00 pm and sang until 7:35 pm ... the final song was Devil Went Down To Georgia if I wrote it down right. They got the crowd going -- Shania started singing at 8:05pm - the following is the setlist

Man I Feel Like A Woman
Up
Honey I'm Home
Don't Be Stupid
Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under

Band Into (Allison, Marc, Cory, Randall, BB, JD (he wore a Gamecock Jersey - local college football team, Roddy, Hardy and Andy)

Shania wore a hot pink shirt and black pants and black shoes with pink shoe strings

She changed into Blue top and black pants

Forever and For Always
NAH (messed up but still Wonderful - my favorite song by the way)
Medley - If Elephants Could Fly, You Win My Love, Come On Over and I'm Holding Onto Love

The Woman In Me from the audience (great) - someone shoved something at her to autograph and she graciously took it and finished the song

That Don't Impress Me Much
IGGG
Your Still The One

Costume change to Carolina Gamecock Jersey with her name on the back

Any Man of Mine
Rock This Country

It was wonderful and I can't say enough about how dedicated she is to us! Pics will be tomorrow - or as soon as I get them developed..sorry ... but will post them soon!

She is VERY hoarse and I am worried about her - she is straining too much

Pam
Old 04-28-2004, 10:51 PM
Board Administrator

I can't wait for Friday!!!! Hopefully Shania reconsiders the heavy tour schedule she has for this last leg. I would rather have her cancel some shows, than not be able to sing at all.

Maybe taking so much time off had an affect on Shania, plus she did not have that much time to get ready for the whole tour thing.

-Chris

Old 04-28-2004, 11:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
I can't wait for Friday!!!! Hopefully Shania reconsiders the heavy tour schedule she has for this last leg. I would rather have her cancel some shows, than not be able to sing at all.

Maybe taking so much time off had an affect on Shania, plus she did not have that much time to get ready for the whole tour thing.

-Chris

It's going to be one or the another Chris.
1. Either Shania cancels some shows on her own. OR
2. Shania will be FORCED to cancel shows when her voice is gone. She WILL NOT make it thru July.

Wait until you hear her Friday in Charlotte. Have fun!

- Tommy
Old 04-28-2004, 11:03 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by muzikguy94
It's going to be one or the another Chris.
1. Either Shania cancels some shows on her own. OR
2. Shania will be FORCED to cancel shows when her voice is gone. She WILL NOT make it thru July.

Wait until you hear her Friday in Charlotte. Have fun!

- Tommy

Back on the first leg, the same thing happened to her.

-Chris

Old 04-28-2004, 11:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Back on the first leg, the same thing happened to her.

-Chris

True. But it happened towards the end of the leg. Here Shania is only a little more than a week into this leg and she's struggling big time. Bottom line is she never recovered from her previous leg.

- Tommy
Old 04-28-2004, 11:10 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
True. But it happened towards the end of the leg. Here Shania is only a little more than a week into this leg and she's struggling big time. Bottom line is she never recovered from her previous leg.

- Tommy

This tour has had less down time than the COO tour.

-Chris

Old 04-28-2004, 11:16 PM
Banned

I know Shania wouldn't do it, but if push came to shove, instead of cancelling shows Shania could lip-sync to a recorded concert. At least she couldn't be ripped for it.

- Tommy
Old 04-28-2004, 11:20 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
I know Shania wouldn't do it, but if push came to shove, instead of cancelling shows Shania could lip-sync to a recorded concert. At least she couldn't be ripped for it.

- Tommy

That would be a disaster. That would open her up to attacks, and give ammo to the people who love to compare her to Britney Spears. UGH! Plus, Shania is not good at it, since she hardly ever does it.

-Chris

Old 04-28-2004, 11:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
That would be a disaster. That would open her up to attacks, and give ammo to the people who love to compare her to Britney Spears. UGH! Plus, Shania is not good at it, since she hardly ever does it.

-Chris

I know. I said Shania would not do that. But IF she did, people would NOT have a legit reason to rip and attack her because her voice is suffering. Unlike Britney who lip-syncs for the hell of it. Well and she can't sing!

- Tommy
Old 04-28-2004, 11:50 PM
Banned

Lex. Band Members Drum it up with Shania Twain

(Columbia) - Twelve drummers from the Lexington High School Band played on stage with Shania Twain Wednesday night.

During the finale of the “Up!” tour, Shania performed for thousands at the Colonial Center in Columbia.

Denise Holland with Havest Hope says Lexington High School students collected a total of 6,475 pounds of food in a competition sponsored by a local radio station for Richland and Lexington area high schools.

Students at Lexington High School, Airport High School and White Knoll High School participated in the drive and collectively raised more than 10,100 pounds, enough to feed 254 people for four to five days.

Harvest Hope officials say Shania Twain is a long time supporter of America’s Second Harvest and its affiliates like Harvest Hope.

http://www.wltx.com/news/news19.asp?storyid=17970
--------------------------------------

- Tommy
Old 04-29-2004, 12:09 AM
Banned

CLICK LINK BELOW ARTICLE TO WATCH A VIDEO CLIP OF THE LEXINGTON H.S. BAND PLAYING DURING THE CONCERT.

Lexington HS band members play with Shania Twain

(Lexington) April 28, 2004 - The Lexington High School band marched to the beat of a different drummer on Wednesday. Ian Galvin is a member of the band and explained, "It was basically a contest between all the high schools in the Midlands area to see who could raise the most non perishable goods."

Band member Kaylee Rogers says they had a good incentive, "We were going to raise cans for the Harvest Hope Food Bank and the school that raised the most would get to play with Shania."

Shania as in Shania Twain. Denise Holland with Harvest Hope says the famed performer challenged Midlands high school bands to collect canned goods for the hungry, "When Lexington High pulled into the parking lot, they had their band truck and several trucks behind them: 6000 pounds of food." Holland says Lexington High collected enough to feed 130 families for a week.

Ian says the school brought in reinforcements, "We got all the elementary schools in the community involved, just got everyone to help out, everyone at the school."

Twelve members of the Lexington High School band went to the Colonial Center on Wednesday evening and played the drums on stage with Shania Twain during the finale of her concert.

The students came by for a closed practice with Shania's drummer earlier in the afternoon. Kaylee was excited an a little nervous, "By far it's going to be the biggest audience I've ever played for. Nothing like a marching band contest, totally different."

The students played their own drums and wore their band uniforms on stage.

By Jennifer Miskewicz
Updated 11:13pm by BrettWitt

http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.a...77&nav=0RaMMg5i
-----------------------------------

- Tommy
Old 04-29-2004, 02:25 AM
#1 Shania Fan :)

I hope Shania's voice can make it. But, if she has to, I'd rather she cancel some shows than for something to happen to vocal chords or something.

At least she has tomorrow (Thursday) off. Maybe her voice will be able to recover. Does she have any extended breaks (of at least a week) during this leg of the tour? If so, maybe her voice will be able to recover and she'll be able to make it.

As I said though, she needs to do what is best for her health; I have a feeling though that if she does need to cancel, Mutt or some of her people will have to convince her because I know she won't want to disappoint fans by cancelling/moving dates. But, we fans would understand.
Post New Thread Reply