Watch Shania LIVE from Las Vegas - Feb. 28!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
Shania's UPClose and Personal DVD! Click to Order
[•] Latest Shania News!
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Shania Twain Centre
[•] Board Code of Conduct!
Click to Order Greatest Hits CD!
Please Support Shania's Cause!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > Shania in the news
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 07-06-2003, 07:38 PM
Suspended

Shania's Ottawa shows in March 1999 were both two hours.

During the third leg of the tour (the leg she didn't use Leahy as an opener) I think all the concerts were reduced in length.

Roger
Old 07-06-2003, 07:55 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Roger

During the third leg of the tour (the leg she didn't use Leahy as an opener) I think all the concerts were reduced in length.

Roger

That was the "Victory Lap" after her CMA win, before Shania went off into the sunset. Shane Minor opened for her shows on that leg.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 07-06-2003, 07:57 PM
Bryce

Quote:
Originally posted by Roger

Roger

Maybe she wanted to knock off early the nite I saw her. Cuz I was making my way out of the arena by 10:45 and she took the stage bang on 9:00. Even if I use the new math thats not 2 hours. LOL And I know I didn't leave early, in fact we waited a few minutes after Shania had left the stage incase she had plans for a second encore, she didn't and by this time they had turned the lights on in the arena, letting everyone know the show was over and it was time to leave.

Bryce
Old 07-07-2003, 07:09 AM

Finally, some pics!

A few teeny-tiny Shania Kilkenny pics can be found here

A hat and a tie? Hmmm...I haven't made my mind up about this outfit yet. But she still looks gorgeous.

BTW, I just noticed that the date on those pics say July 1. That can't be right. Did Shania play another gig on July 1, or are these the actual Kilkenny pics?
Old 07-07-2003, 07:43 AM
#1 Shania Fan :)

Old 07-07-2003, 08:24 AM

Fiery rock chick and country diva shake up 'cowboy city'

THE sounds of rock chick Chrissie Hynde and country music diva Shania Twain shook the medieval city of Kilkenny at the weekend.

Multi-coloured Stetson and cowboy boot-clad women outdid their male counterparts, who wilted in the singing and dancing stakes when the hits were belted out by the two headline acts.

The evening kicked off with a weak performance from Girls Aloud, who also performed at the 02 concert in the Park. Local band, Muse Motel, and up-and-coming star, Denise Hogan, also warmed up the crowd.

But it was the Pretenders who got the crowds rocking when they took to the stage shortly after 6pm.

The svelte figure of Hynde, red guitar in tow, drew gasps of admiration from the crowds with her pure unaltered rock sounds of hits such as 'Don't Get Me Wrong', 'Back on the Chain Gang', and 'I'll Stand By You' during the band's hour-long performance.

It was another hour before, Shania Twain, in a sparkle-black cat-suit, waist-coat, and tie took the stage in a colour display of pyrotechnics.

Her first concert in over three years, it took the diminutive star a number of songs to get the crowd going with her hits including, 'Man, I Feel Like A Woman', 'That Don't Impress Me Much', and songs from her new album, 'Up!'.

Half way through her two-hour long songfest, Twain, who changed outfits three times, won the hearts of the audience by exclaiming they were the "best, loudest, and most fun".

A quick change into an Irish jersey inspired the crowds to out-sing the superstar before she left the stage at 10.30pm.

Sarah Murphy

- Irish Independent
Old 07-07-2003, 08:27 AM

Shania, Girls & Pretenders at KilKenny...

While the rest of the country was partying at numerous outdoor festivals ShowBiz Ireland was running from Dublin to Kilkenny and back.

First stop over the weekend was The Smithwicks Kilkenny Festival in Nowlan Park.

On the Bill was the sexy Shania Twain, the sultry Chrissie Hynde of The Pretenders, and the effervescent Girls Aloud.

Chrissie Hynde was next on the bill but must have overdone it as she was seen limping back to the hospitality area after her set.

Girls Aloud were also there, rushing to Kilkenny after playing their set at O2 in the Park.

http://www.showbizireland.com/news/...7-twain01.shtml
Old 07-07-2003, 08:51 AM
Men are like shoes...

I think Shania looks like Avril! The tie and everything. I hope we get pictures of her other outfits. Maybe they were a little better. Sounds like it was a good show. Nothing over the top, but good. Can't wait until she is back in the US!

Men are like shoes....made to confuse
There are so many of them...I don't know which ones to choose!
Old 07-07-2003, 09:26 AM

Hi got photos on a cdrom if somebody would like to send me their email i will send them so they can post them here. cheers scotty.
Old 07-07-2003, 10:06 AM
Who's On First?

Re: Finally, some pics!

Quote:
Originally posted by AngelGuy
A few teeny-tiny Shania Kilkenny pics can be found here

A hat and a tie? Hmmm...I haven't made my mind up about this outfit yet. But she still looks gorgeous.

BTW, I just noticed that the date on those pics say July 1. That can't be right. Did Shania play another gig on July 1, or are these the actual Kilkenny pics?
The editor might have had a nip too much when putting these on the net eh? They are Kilkenny pix.
Old 07-07-2003, 10:27 AM
Board Administrator

Love the outfit, a nice play on her MIFLAW outfit.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 07-07-2003, 10:57 AM
Men are like shoes...

Quote:
Originally posted by scotty
Hi got photos on a cdrom if somebody would like to send me their email i will send them so they can post them here.

FV posted in another thread that she would post them for you.

Here is the thread address, it has her e-mail in it:

http://www.shania-twain.org/mb/show...15&pagenumber=2

Old 07-07-2003, 03:26 PM

Kilkenny

My wife and I arrive home in the early hours of Monday morning after spending the weekend in Ireland.
We took the ferry to Belfast on Friday and drove down to Ross Lare harbour where we had booked a room for a couple of nights.
On Saturday we drove up to Kilkenny and arrived at Nowlan Park a good hour or so before the gates opened.
Once we got inside the park we found ourselves a good spot not far from the stage and stayed put for the next seven and a half hours.
We didn't bother checking to see if there were any programme’s for sale so we didn’t have a clue who was due on and when.
I didn’t know who the first two bands were but assumed they were local.
Girls Aloud were pretty so-so and I suspect they may have been miming to at least one of their songs.
Things started to warm up when the Pretenders came on stage. Chrissy Hynde, and her band, in my opinion, gave an awesome performance which was fully appreciated by the crowd.
I think it was just after seven o’clock that the Pretenders came of stage which meant a long wait for Shania (it seemed like a long time cause by then the soles of my feet were throbbing).
Eventually 8.30 arrived, and it was well worth the wait (and the pain), because Shania is something else. This may sound corny but she looks flawless. She has a stunning figure and a pert bottom that could give Kylie Minogue a run for her money. Her second outfit was exceptionally clingy in that area and ever so slightly transparent. and it was at this point we got to see that famous midriff.
Shania's voice was in top form and her band was excellent. She was on stage for the best part of two hours and seemed to genuinely appreciate the reaction she was getting from the crowd.
I managed to get a few photographs but was a bit wary about using the camera because of the heavies prowling about at the barrier (I saw one guy with a video camera get hustled away). Once I get them developed (and if I can get my scanner to work) I'll post them.

We took the car to Ireland and covered about 600 miles there and back but it was worth every mile just to see Shania.
Old 07-07-2003, 03:33 PM

I'm dying for some good descriptions of each of Shania's Kilkenny stage outfits. Details, we need details!
Old 07-07-2003, 03:37 PM
Men are like shoes...

Wow! Thanks for your story! Sounds like everyone that went had a surperb time!!! I'm jealous!! Nice to know that Shania sounded great! Glad you had a good time!

Post New Thread Reply