Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > The Former Shania Centre in Timmins
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 11-02-2004, 06:58 PM
I'm Havin' A Party!

Send a message via ICQ to Shunyeuh Send a message via AIM to Shunyeuh Send a message via MSN to Shunyeuh Send a message via Yahoo to Shunyeuh
like my avie ... man i wish iw as there..

my brother just told me.. one of these days he said we would take a trip up to timmins! im havin a party...
I Had A Blast Giving Shania The Flowers And Seeing her Reaction! was the best Feeling Ever! Meeting Her Was Awesome! getting the oprah transcript signed was a blast and having her recognize me was cool!
Old 11-02-2004, 07:00 PM
I'm Havin' A Party!

Send a message via ICQ to Shunyeuh Send a message via AIM to Shunyeuh Send a message via MSN to Shunyeuh Send a message via Yahoo to Shunyeuh
joni would say they are way past cloud 9 heeehee
I Had A Blast Giving Shania The Flowers And Seeing her Reaction! was the best Feeling Ever! Meeting Her Was Awesome! getting the oprah transcript signed was a blast and having her recognize me was cool!
Old 11-02-2004, 07:03 PM
I'm Havin' A Party!

oh i dedicated from this moment on to shania... on kiss 105.3 ottawa station for twain day... they didnt have enough time to play it today so they are playing it tomorrow so tune in every1

Shunyeuh
Old 11-02-2004, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Joni
Keep the posts comin' I'm officially opening our cyber bar on the board to celebrate with our friends in Timmins, bottoms up everyone!

Joni

Joni, pour me a tall one!!

I'm a little disappointed there weren't as many fans out as we expected, but it still appears everyone had a great time! Looking forward to reading more and more and more!!!

Linda
Old 11-02-2004, 07:32 PM

Just a quick post, since I know that you're all waiting with baited breath for news from Timmins. I'm running out to dinner with the gang in a few minutes, so pictures will come later tonight hopefully.

Today dawned with clouds once again and temps below freezing. I arrived at the Centre just after 10:00 AM and joined the many of the other members near the stage. By 10:30 it had started to snow, somewhat heavily as you'll note in some of my pictures.

By the time Shania took the stage, there was probably a 1/2 inch of snow on the golf course. Thankfully it didn't stick to the pavement.

We were entertained all day, by various singers, including Ivory winner of the Karaoke contest during Fan Con 2 and just last night. She did a wonderful job. Ren played master of ceremonies for this part.

Shortly before Shania took the stage, it looked like the sun would actually put in an appearence. Sadly it didn't and an on and off light snow continued.

Shania was about 20 minutes late taking the stage. The mayor introduced her and presented her with a beautiful picture showing all the things that Timmins is famous for, like gold, lumber, and a few other things. Of course Timmins is also famous for Shania, and her likeness was superimposed on the picture.

Shania then made a short speach thanking various people. I was especially pleased that she called Tracy up on the stage and recongnized her considerable efforts in the Centre. Shania even suggested that maybe Tracy should run for mayor, once the current mayor retires, as a way of indicating her respect for what Tracy has achived at the Centre.

Shania spoke of how pleased she was with the building itself and its architecture, and it is a wonderful building. She didn't say too much about how she felt basically taking a tour of her own life, but again she was quite pleased with how things had been laid out.

They then had a small ribbon cutting ceremony. Then there was a short Q&A session from the VIP section only, which Brian Mulruny moderated.

Shania then proceeded to the autograph phase, but sadly ran out of time. Everyone did get an autograph, but those of us at the end of the line got horribly rushed. Instead of Shania sitting at the table and signing, while giving us a quick chat and allowing us to take photos while still waiting in line for our turn, we got Shania walking down the line and giving what amounts to the typical Shania scribble one gets at a concert.

While not Shania's fault, I have to say that I was a tad disapointed, especially after camping out all night for that wristband. While I did enjoy the camraderie Sunday night while camped out, I now wish that I hadn't bothered.

However to end on a high note, I'm very happy that I made the trip to see Shania dedicate the Centre. It was a wonderful experience. I'm absolutely tickeled that Shania praised Tracy up and down, not to mention the rest of the STC staff.

Fancon 3 was a blast! Thanks to all who made it so, including all my new Shania friends.

Shania Twain Centre.
Old 11-02-2004, 07:40 PM

Fantastic pictures Congrats to all who got to be up close with shania
Old 11-02-2004, 07:45 PM

There you go Linda, that should quench your thirst.

A Toast: To the beautiful Shania Twain and all the joy her music brings to the world! And to Tracy and all the STC staff for their hard work and dedication to a job well done!

Cheers!
Joni
Old 11-02-2004, 07:51 PM

Great!!
Thanks Joni, I appreciate it !!!

Alan, I'm so sorry things got rushed at the end and you were affected by it. I guess those in the front of the line took up too much of Shania's time. That's really unfortunate, but I imagine that it isn't all that uncommon when it comes to Shania! Next time, we'll all be in the front!!!

Linda
Old 11-02-2004, 07:52 PM

I'm with u Joni, Cheers to all!! I seen all of the pics on the STC site and you all looked like u had a great time. I so wish I was there.............now that Shania got the 1st visit jitters out of the way maybe she can attend next years fan convention so I can finally see her up close
Old 11-02-2004, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Shunyeuh
oh i dedicated from this moment on to shania... on kiss 105.3 ottawa station for twain day... they didnt have enough time to play it today so they are playing it tomorrow so tune in every1

Shunyeuh
GOOD IDEA!

Loved everyones sweet faces..........and Shania, WOW she looks great! As for the earrings and stilletos
Old 11-02-2004, 08:06 PM

Sorry things were rushed at the end Alan But just think...Shania Twain stood right in front of you!!!!Right there in front of you, not bending down from a stage but right in front of you breathing the same air feet on the floor in front of you!!!!!!!That's worth it I'd say

Joni
Old 11-02-2004, 08:11 PM
I'm Havin' A Party!

thanks
Old 11-02-2004, 08:40 PM
I love you Shania FAFA:-)

Send a message via ICQ to Shania's_Sister
Thanks for posting....

Carley

Shania's Fan since 1999 and I'll never forget her concert forever and for always

ShaniaTwainUk Please join our group Thanks
Carley's Blog Please leave a comment thanks guys
Old 11-02-2004, 08:46 PM
I love you Shania FAFA:-)

Send a message via ICQ to Shania's_Sister
I am at the site now...I so wish I was there seeing Shania

Carley

Shania's Fan since 1999 and I'll never forget her concert forever and for always

ShaniaTwainUk Please join our group Thanks
Carley's Blog Please leave a comment thanks guys
Old 11-02-2004, 08:57 PM

I agree with you, Joni! I would have been happy just to have her standing in front of me with the both of us looking at each other!! I also like your thought too, Jen!!

From what I saw of pics, it looked like Richard & Chris were lucky to get Shania's autograph and talk to her! Can't wait to hear their stories!!