Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[] Still the One in Vegas!
[] Shania on Spanish TV
[] Shania on French TV
[] Shania in TIME!
[] Shania on Today Show
[] Shania at Grey Cup
[] Shania on Late Show
[] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[]Chatroom
[] Board Members Pics
[] Timmins Trip Photos!
[] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > General
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 11-28-2004, 10:09 AM

I Ant No Quitter

IF THIS SONG GOES NUMBER ONE DO YOU THINK IT WILL BE A MESSAGE TO SHANIA FROM NASHVILLE TO SOUND LIKE THIS, AND WILL PLAY YOU MORE ,AND YOU,LL GET NUMBER 1,S. AND DO YOU THINK IT WOULD HAVE ANY INPACT ON HOW HER NEXT CD WILL SOUND.
Old 11-28-2004, 10:19 AM
Administrator

Very good questions Jeff...I think Shania said at the beginning of the Greatest Hits promotion that the three new songs were part of her writings for the next album but she decided to put them on the Greatest Hits CD....it does seem she is moving more towards more traditional/old country type of music if I can call it that way....something maybe she was reminded by singing with Dolly and Willie these past 2 years...my guess is that her next album will not be as produced as the last 2, much more simple...much closer to typical country music....I think..
I Ain't No Quitter is a GREAT song...I truly hope country radio will embrace it.....
Old 11-28-2004, 10:20 AM
Board Administrator

Of course she hads her own twist to it.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 11-29-2004, 03:43 PM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

Let's not overlook that I Ain't No Quitter could easily be re-mixed as a rock song. I don't know any more than anyone else, but I don't think we can now say that Shania is going to try and be a Loretta Lynn or Dolly Parton type of singer. Or, maybe she will, as I said, who knows. One thing I am sure of and that is what makes Shania - Shania, is that she follows her own path. She is country, she is pop, she is blues, she is rock, she is.........."Pot Luck!" If she goes to all country, then I'll listen. It won't be the same, but as someone who likes both pop and country for the most part, I can dig it. Let's also not forget that the top voted video on CMT was MIFLAW. I don't see Terri Clark, Reba, Dolly, or even Gretchen ever singing a song like that. Only Shania can pull that off and make it her own "style" of Country. Besides, during the CMT Top 20 Shania Countdown, who did she say she would like to sing with right away with no hesitation? It was Pink, and she sure ain't Country. So, I guess all I am trying to say here is that let's not assume that because Shania has included a couple of nice Country-oriented songs on this GH record, that she is going to abandon what has got her where she is. A lot of her fans are not Country fans and I have a feeling they would abandon her if she went all one way. It's hard enough now to defend her when people say that Shania is too Country right now. Please Shania expand your musical horizons, but don't box yourself into a corner.

Steve
Old 11-29-2004, 03:52 PM

I AGREE WITH YOU,I WOULDNT WANT HER TO BE JUST ONE STYLE.BUT I LISTEN TO COUNTRY MUSIC BECAUSE OF HER AND ITS BEEN A LONG TIME SINCE SHE HAS HAD A NUMBER ONE HIT,AND ITS NOT BECAUSE THE SONGS ARENT GOOD ENOUGH,ITS THEY ARE HOLDING HER DOWN.AND SHE DOES HAVE ALOT MORE COUNTRY FANS THAN WHAT YOU THINK.I JUST THINK IF SHE DID A ALL COUNTRY CD SHE WOULD GET MORE NUMBERS 1.S.SHE DESERVE,S THEM.
Old 11-29-2004, 04:03 PM

The singles charts can be tampered with, and everyone out there who knows anything about these charts know that most of the time they really don't have much credibility because the record labels buy their artists' to #1. Shania doesn't play that game, and that's okay. What is important to me is the album chart. Album sales don't lie, and Shania's album sales speak for themselves as to who is the real #1 in country music.
Old 11-29-2004, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jeff1394
I AGREE WITH YOU,I WOULDNT WANT HER TO BE JUST ONE STYLE.BUT I LISTEN TO COUNTRY MUSIC BECAUSE OF HER AND ITS BEEN A LONG TIME SINCE SHE HAS HAD A NUMBER ONE HIT,AND ITS NOT BECAUSE THE SONGS ARENT GOOD ENOUGH,ITS THEY ARE HOLDING HER DOWN.AND SHE DOES HAVE ALOT MORE COUNTRY FANS THAN WHAT YOU THINK.I JUST THINK IF SHE DID A ALL COUNTRY CD SHE WOULD GET MORE NUMBERS 1.S.SHE DESERVE,S THEM.

I am well aware she has many country fans. It is her core base. But she also has many fans in Europe and other parts of the World as well as the Us who aren't. These are the ones that worry me.

Steve
Old 11-29-2004, 07:26 PM

I for one do not think that Mutt and Shania will stick with the same country format...They will constantly vary their approach to music with many different styles...That is the real Mutt and Shania...I can say that without a doubt Steve...Shania and Mutt love to pull magic out of the music bag of tricks...I have this feeling that Shania once again will shock the Country universe with some of her future songs...But no matter what I am looking foward to Shania and Mutt's album...They are such a team together...No longer can we just look at Shania when thinking of her music...We must also think of Mutt Lange because he does influence Shania in a big way...Shania and Mutt are also music trail blazers...Don't be shocked if they come out with something completely new...IGGG was just one example of what they can do...I look forward to more suprises from Shania and Mutt...

Benjamin
Old 11-30-2004, 01:10 AM

Send a message via AIM to Shaniafan2000 Send a message via Yahoo to Shaniafan2000
Quote:
Originally posted by Randy
The singles charts can be tampered with, and everyone out there who knows anything about these charts know that most of the time they really don't have much credibility because the record labels buy their artists' to #1. Shania doesn't play that game, and that's okay. What is important to me is the album chart. Album sales don't lie, and Shania's album sales speak for themselves as to who is the real #1 in country music.

"I'd love to wake up smiling, full of the joys of Spring, and hear on CNN that Elvis lives again And that John's back with The Beatles and they're going out on tour. I'll be the first in line for tickets -- gotta see that show for sure."

~Lyrics from When by Shania Twain and R.J. "Mutt" Lange.
Old 11-30-2004, 06:12 AM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Randy

-Chris

Old 11-30-2004, 11:32 AM

Send a message via AIM to resessions
They'll have to edit that one funny line from the movie "The Blues Brothers" when they go in to play a gig at the western bar and the lady says, "WE play both kinds of music, Country and Western"...to say "Weplay all three: Country, Western and Shania".
Old 11-30-2004, 11:36 AM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by resessions
They'll have to edit that one funny line from the movie "The Blues Brothers" when they go in to play a gig at the western bar and the lady says, "WE play both kinds of music, Country and Western"...to say "Weplay all three: Country, Western and Shania".

-Chris

Old 11-30-2004, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by corran
I for one do not think that Mutt and Shania will stick with the same country format...They will constantly vary their approach to music with many different styles...That is the real Mutt and Shania...I can say that without a doubt Steve...Shania and Mutt love to pull magic out of the music bag of tricks...I have this feeling that Shania once again will shock the Country universe with some of her future songs...But no matter what I am looking foward to Shania and Mutt's album...They are such a team together...No longer can we just look at Shania when thinking of her music...We must also think of Mutt Lange because he does influence Shania in a big way...Shania and Mutt are also music trail blazers...Don't be shocked if they come out with something completely new...IGGG was just one example of what they can do...I look forward to more suprises from Shania and Mutt...

Benjamin

You are right in that we have to look at Shania's music as a special gift not just from Shania, but from Mutt as well. There is no doubt in my mind that Shania would not be where she is now without Mutt Lange. I am confident she would have carved herself out a career of some kind on her own because she has so much drive and determination, regardless of that first album, but on the other side of the coin, I don't believe it would have been the success story she has seen to date. You have to accept that if either of them is not there for some reason, then it will never be the same. Independently they are both good in their own right, but together they are "dynamite". No doubt we haven't seen the last total musical surprise from this duo yet.

Steve
Old 11-30-2004, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve F
You are right in that we have to look at Shania's music as a special gift not just from Shania, but from Mutt as well. There is no doubt in my mind that Shania would not be where she is now without Mutt Lange. I am confident she would have carved herself out a career of some kind on her own because she has so much drive and determination, regardless of that first album, but on the other side of the coin, I don't believe it would have been the success story she has seen to date. You have to accept that if either of them is not there for some reason, then it will never be the same. Independently they are both good in their own right, but together they are "dynamite". No doubt we haven't seen the last total musical surprise from this duo yet.

Steve

Yep! No Doubts at all Steve!

Benjamin
Old 11-30-2004, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve F
A lot of her fans are not Country fans and I have a feeling they would abandon her if she went all one way. It's hard enough now to defend her when people say that Shania is too Country right now. Please Shania expand your musical horizons, but don't box yourself into a corner.

Steve

This is my first post here *waves at everyone*

What you wrote Steve is very accurate. I have been a fan of Shania's since '98, but have never been a fan of country music. While I am always open to artists stretching themselves, I'm hoping that Shania won't veer too far from her rock-country sound. She did a fantastic job of incorporating that sound while experimenting on Up. If she released an entire album in the vein of IANQ it would (in my opinion) be a huge step back for her. She's a maverick and though it's quirky, I don't think IANQ is exceptional. A track like Don't! is exceptional If that is the road that she is riding down for her next album I think we will have a lot to look forward to

"I am a fighter. I will find a way to carry on"

~Shania
Post New Thread Reply