Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > General
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 12-13-2004, 12:36 AM
Board Administrator

Shania quotes & and stories

"I really feel like life will dictate itself. You should allow it to unfold as naturally as possible. Just go with the flow. When you're really desperate, you say a few prayers and hope for the best. That's the way I've always lived my life."

"It's important to give it all you have while you have the chance."

"Yes, you can lose somebody overnight, yes, your whole life can be turned upside down. Life is short. It can come and go like a feather in the wind."

"I've seen alot of bar fights. If one broke out in front of me I'd get right in there, as I can't stand to see people hitting each other. I'd be trying to split them up, Like I was going to be able to do anything! I'm surprised I didn't get myself killed!"

"I'm a morning person. I don't sleep in. So if I'm going to be up I prefer to do my work in the morning because I hate breaking up my day."

Found these on the OFC board...

1)"a happy heart comes first then the happy face i believe in that very much...just learning that life has to go on and you have to make it go on...that's all there is to it"

2)"i guess the thing to remember is that no matter how tough things can get in your life,you still have the power to make a choice,you can fade away or you can strive to survive"

3)"we're all very selfish people,we love the attention when its complimentary,and we hate the attention when it sucks.i dont like bad attention,i like good attention,im no different than anyone else"

4)"just one day we hugged each other,but it was such a different kind of hug,and that was actually when we knew...it was a very sweet,honest moment...looking at him the day i fell in love and looking at him the day before? two different things"

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 12-13-2004, 01:37 AM
shaniaholic

i really like those quotes. quite a few of them i have seen before and i have them typed out in a pretty font and color and on the cover of my notebook for school.

these are the ones that are on my notebook:

"I really feel like life will dictate itself. You should allow it to unfold as naturally as possible. Just go with the flow. When you're really desperate, you say a few prayers and hope for the best. That's the way I've always lived my life."

“Yes, you can lose somebody overnight, yes, your whole life can be turned upside down. Life is short. It can come and go like a feather in the wind."

"Later in my life, I'm going to look back and smile and be very fulfilled. I know that if I don't give it my all right now I'll regret it later. That's very important to me, because I've worked all my life to have this.”

"I find that the very things that I get criticized for, which is usually being different and just doing my own thing and just being original, is the very thing that's making me successful."
Old 12-13-2004, 01:39 AM
shaniaholic

oh, and i forgot to say this, thanks! i love hearing/reading shania quotes! they always inspire me!
Old 12-13-2004, 07:12 AM
Board Administrator

You are welcome.

-Chris

Old 12-13-2004, 07:37 AM

Send a message via AIM to resessions
And of course one of her most recent quotes:

"TRACY ROCKS!"
Old 12-13-2004, 07:39 AM

Send a message via AIM to resessions
I also liked what she said about Dolly in the Switzerland interview. I'll have to look again at that recording tonight and write it down, unless somebody else has it...She talks about Dolly the way we talk about Shania...."If she had the chance to just hang out, what are the things she'd do/ask" .
Old 12-15-2004, 06:42 PM

Thanks for posting these quotes also! I love to read anything Shania has to say because sometimes I can relate to what she says or she is so inspirational and it puts a smile on your face!!!
Old 12-15-2004, 09:45 PM
Administrator

This one from the UP! CD booklet:

"This music has taken a magical journey. What a trip!"

I think this is the same thing I can say about my experience with Shania's music.....what a trip! and I am looking forward to more to come!
Old 12-16-2004, 03:03 AM
shaniaholic

Quote:
Originally posted by FV
This one from the UP! CD booklet:

"This music has taken a magical journey. What a trip!"

I think this is the same thing I can say about my experience with Shania's music.....what a trip! and I am looking forward to more to come!

absolutely agree! 110%!!
Old 01-02-2005, 04:00 PM
Board Administrator

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/Winni...804652-sun.html

"During the hardship of my childhood, Dolly Parton was such a staple of my life ... And so to have her there, it was just really weird and it was very emotional. It was a personal moment, that's what it was, and it was on TV."

-- Shania Twain on crying on Oprah during an appearance with Dolly Parton.

"All I had to do was slap Jude Law around a little bit and get mad at him. It was fun."

-- Shania Twain on her cameo in I (Heart) Huckabees.

Old 01-16-2005, 11:14 AM
Board Administrator

More quotes........

as for the purist naysayers, twain sneers playfully: "as if i care ...
"look, i know i push the country music envelope, but so have most of the country artists i love — dolly parton, waylon jennings, willie nelson. the purists didn't like them at first either. i'm not a purist. i'm just trying to find a place where my music fits.
"and when you get down to it, i'm as country as it gets. i know traditional country artists better than most of the country singers who put me down.
"you'll never hear any of these new guys singing politically incorrect songs like `take this job and shove it!' like johnny paycheck did in the 1970s, or women singing about abortion, like dolly did.
"those songs were their identities. i lived and breathed those songs. i'm the real deal.
"i'm no cowgirl. ... hell, i'm a bush girl, and that's much tougher!" as she chuckles.

----

"Forty is just another birthday. It doesn't make any difference you change physically, but I'm happy to do that."

----

"I don't fit anywhere, I fit with you guys.''- Shania Twain on her fans

---

"We live in a very remote area, we live out in the wilderness, we live out on the lake. We've got dogs and horses. Real things that I like to go back to, y'know, because my dogs don't care where I am on the charts."

---

"I met Mutt at fan fair, Mutt is a big fan of country music. When I first went to his house to write with him, he had the biggest country music collection I'd ever seen."

---

-Shania Twain

---

"i mean i'll never not be country, how can you not ," shania asks. "how can you be something and then not be it any more? i mean i just don't understand that. country is so deep in my roots and such a huge part of my youth, my most impressionable years, that it's just not going anywhere and i think even for people who listen to me in pop and all that sort of thing, the style of the way i write, which is very conversational lyrics, very real lifestyle lyrics, comes from my country roots.

Old 01-16-2005, 11:23 AM
Board Administrator

"country music is still your grandpa's music, but it's also your daughter's music. it's getting bigger and better all the time and i'm glad to be a part of it."

---
"i have arm-wrestled here and there... guys seem to want to test my strength."

---

"without a doubt, the best way to get to know me is through my music."

---

"writing is very much a playground - an artistic playground. it's the most fun thing i do."

---

"the only reason that you do visual is solely for the visual. that's the only reason. it doesn't sell your music for you."

---

"i think it's when i get out of the tub. your skin is fresh and you've stuck your hair up without even looking. that's when you look your best." (when asked when she feels most sexy)

---

"i'm basically a bar singer, i am a bar singer who ended up on a concert stage."

---

"He on his own has never had this kind of success. And me on my own, I doubt very much I would have had this kind of success. First of all, would I even have found anyone who had so much faith in me? Part of why I think I flourished is because he believed so much in me. He loved my voice; he loved my songwriting. He was my biggest fan."

---

---
"I find that the very things that I get criticized for, which is usually being different and just doing my own thing and just being original, is the very thing that's making me successful." - Shania

---

Shania on her favorite thing to wear...
I'm afraid you're going to be disappointed because it would have to be my sweats and a pair of flip-flops. I'm not into fancy clothes most of the time. But I like to feel like a woman - I feel sexy in a plain white T-shirt with nothing underneath. My husband disagrees. He thinks nude is sexy. He likes me naked. Still, I like the white T-shirt.
---

Old 01-16-2005, 10:46 PM
Board Administrator

Shania hosting the Junos.....

Talking to the group Swollen Members....

Shania was standing in front of the group Swollen Members out in the audience and she said, "Sorry about my butt there guys. You know, I would take a seat! But I wouldn't want to sit on a swollen member!"

Our Shania just loves those double entendres

-Chris

Last edited by cbspock : 01-17-2005 at 11:46 AM.
Old 01-17-2005, 11:50 AM
Board Administrator

Here are some more interesting things...

So you do have fights?
Sure there are days I would like to throw him in lake geneva. But thats a pretty big lake. I figure if I did I would never find him again and by the next day I would be sorry and it would be too late.

So it's you the baby and mutt. Who do you turn to if you have a fight?
I never talk to anybody about our fights. I am not going to get outside opinions. It just confuses me. Just like when we do our music. Having someone else control our music would be creative hell.

How do you parent eja?
I'm more the disciplinarian. Mutt doesn't see anything wrong with having chocolate if you are in the mood for chocolate. But when the kid is 3 and it is a half hour until dinner the kid can't have chocolate

Last edited by cbspock : 01-17-2005 at 12:38 PM.
Old 01-17-2005, 12:03 PM
Board Administrator

These are about Shania....

"Thank God for Shania. She changed that mindset . Leave it to Shania to shake things up." -Reba

Here she is, completely ignored by the CMA this year, and yet there she was singing on the show. Then she seeks me out to talk. We talked about a lot of things, she asked about my family, and things that are really important. She's just a class act,"-Toby Keith

“She’s so down-to-earth and sweet and he’s great. The first time he was introduced to us, the first thing he said was ‘Sorry we took so long (at sound check)’ — and it’s their show!”

They also managed to shock Lange when they played Only God (Could Stop Me Loving You).

“He stopped in his tracks … he’d forgotten he’d written it,” chuckles Mates. -Emerson Drive

Dolly Parton.....
Parton explains, "Shania said, 'Don't let anybody have Coat of Many Colours, and Dolly has to sing harmony.'

"After she recorded it, I sang harmony on it and when they sent Shania the track, she just cried like a baby.

"I thought, 'Well, if you can live long enough and do something special enough to bring out that kind of emotion in somebody, that's what it's all about.'"

Shania Twain has carved out her own place in country. Until she came along, there
was no job description for what she is -- a pop femme fatale in country, for want of
a better term. She's playing by her own rules. And she's changing the audience."
Chet Flippo, Nashville correspondent for Billboard

"If she could just sell a few more albums she might just hit
it big and I'll let her open for me on my next world tour."
Terri Clark joking about Shania at the 1998 CCMA's

"Shania's a different kind of performer. She's an energy. She's beautiful, she's
got a great body, she loves to perform"
Pierre Cossette, Grammy producer

"She had a vision for what she wanted to go do, and
anything less than achieving that was half-assed to her."
Toby Keith, toured with Shania in 1993

"Anne Murray cracked the door to success in America. Michelle Wright wedged
it a little more. Shania blew it wide open."
Cliff Dumas, CISS FM

"Shania Twain ... has done more for country and western than heartbreak and whiskey combined."
Rex Murphy, New Year's Eve/97 edition of CBC TV's National Magazine

This was the greatest natural talent that I have ever been personally involved with."
Richard Frank, attorney who has represented Patsy Cline among others.
He was asked to see Shania perform at Deerhurst Resort

"She's been at the top of the charts for two years, and she still hasn't gotten
the pats on the back that she deserves." (because she'd never won an ACM award - before 99)
Reba McEntire

"A lot of people are accusing her of being packaged. But I don't think this is a
marketing-driven artist. It's been her vision from the beginning -- all the clothes, all the
looks, all the concepts."
Luke Lewis, Nashville president of Mercury

"I don't think the (Dixie) Chicks have opened any doors
for us. The biggest door opener for us has been Shania Twain and her style of country."
Kelsi (from SHeDaisy)

"She's developing into a big star. People love her. They've taken to her like a duck to water."
Trevor Smith, Australia Country Music Association

"What hasn't she done for country music, and what hasn't she done for females in country
music? She deserves everything she gets, absolutely."
Tim McGraw at the 2000 ACMA's, on losing the Entertainer of the Year award to Shania

"We market Shania like a pop star because she is a pop star internationally."
David Lory, vice president of artist development and international marketing for Mercury Records

"I was really hoping she'd win. That was her first award on the CMAs, to my knowledge," McEntire tells LAUNCH. "She didn't win album of the year at the ACM or CMAs--she should have. She was at the top of the charts forever, and she wasn't recognized for that, and I apologized several times for that to her. I said, 'I'm sorry. That's not fair.' And when she won the entertainer of the year, and for me to get to pass that to the next female to receive it since I was the last to receive it in '86, was perfect! I stepped away from the microphone and said, 'I am so thrilled to be able to present this to you.' It meant the world to me."-Reba

----

More from Shania....

"If you saw me the way I normally am, you wouldn't think I was so beautiful - I don't know what you would think." (on her looks)

I'm not just a lap dancer afterall..." (after winning the 1999 CMA Entertainer Of The Year award) One of the best Shania quotes ever!

"It's so easy to get flattered by everything that's going on around you. And it's okay to be flattered, but it's not okay to lose a true sense of humility. And it's hard. Sometimes you're trying to build your confidence and confidence comes from ego. In order to be really confident, and do a good job, it's kind of an ego thing. So, how do you do that and stay humble at the same time? ... I think humility is the most important thing for me to remember."

"Later in my life, I'm going to look back and smile and be very fulfilled. I know that if I don't give it my all right now I'll regret it later. That's very important to me, because I've worked all my life to have this.

Post New Thread Reply