Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[] Still the One in Vegas!
[] Shania on Spanish TV
[] Shania on French TV
[] Shania in TIME!
[] Shania on Today Show
[] Shania at Grey Cup
[] Shania on Late Show
[] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[]Chatroom
[] Board Members Pics
[] Timmins Trip Photos!
[] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > General
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 01-17-2005, 12:08 PM
Board Administrator

About Mutt:
"When we met in person, I thought he was the warmest, sweetest man". The impact it had on me, was I knew he would be in my life forever (wonder if this is where FAFA comes from) not even because it was love at first sight, because I didn't even think that. For some reason, deep down, I knew he was the one." How did their professional relationship turn to romance? "Because it was meant to be" Twain answers. "And totally unlikely because we were from two completely different worlds". "But it was such a powerful thing because we met and married within 6 months. We were just so sure. There wasn't even a question in our minds"

Mutt and Eja:
"At this point in my life, the space is just there, and he (Eja) came into our life, and nothing has had to change". Almost nothing.
Lange, one of the most noted producers in rock, is now the comsumate house husband, tirelessly doting over Eja while Twain plays pop star. In Melbourne this week, Lange was in the entourage, strictly behind the scenes, fiercely guarding his and Eja's privacy. "Mutt is a great dad, very helpful in many ways. I cook, he cleans, and we are just a good team. He's great with the baby, and he's been there from the very first day. Hands on, all the way". Twain says her eyes sparkling............"Mutt exists, we have wedding photos, and he is in them." Twain says. "It's almost as if this whole privacy thing is working against him, because he is famous for not wanting to be famous. Very ironic".
"Mutt and I live very low profile lives., we don't seek the spotlight, unless it's something to do directly with my music."
"As a family, we don't look for photo opportunities, and have not allowed ourselves to be part of the tabliod soap scene. That spares us a lot of unnecessary exposure."

Raising Eja:
"I want to instill in Eja, honesty and humility" Twain says "I want him to stay down to earth, and stay real".
"Those things are so important to me because you never know what is going to happen in this world. You never know if you're going to have money from one day to the next. You have to be prepared to live in the real world. "I don't want to raise him thinking he's protected from the rest of the world. That would not be right."

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 01-17-2005, 12:11 PM
Board Administrator

She says, "Having a child and becoming a mom is probably the most amazing thing that's ever happened to me. It's really changed me and the way I look at the world. Eja comes everywhere with me, even when we're on the road, because I want to be with him all the time.

"But, unfortunately, I can't write music when he's around because I can't focus at all. He demands my complete attention. I find it impossible to divide my attention between him and my work. I can't be playing with him and writing, or changing his diaper and writing. -Shania

SHANIA TWAIN: SOME LIFE PHILOSOPHY

Shania Twain remains one of the most supremely grounded entertainers around and her personal take on life shows why. Regarding her marriage, distance never hurt it. "Time doesn't mean anything, and you pick up where you left off. And it's that much more exciting. And we're always making plans...so that continues - which in a lot of people's relationships, ends after just the first year." Shania on life in the spotlight, "I think you must be prepared to take the good with the bad, and I think it's best just to stay on an even keel. Realize that your career is a separate entity from your personal life," she says. And with all her power and wealth, she takes nothing for granted. "I'm always a little guarded and prepared for the worst. That is my tendency, and it comes from my childhood to be prepared for things to go wrong at any time. As wonderful as things are, play my own devil's advocate," she says.

Old 01-17-2005, 12:15 PM
Board Administrator

So, should I keep adding quotes, or is no one interested??? I get the feeling no one is, since no one is replying to anything posted so far.

-Chris

Last edited by cbspock : 01-17-2005 at 12:37 PM.
Old 01-17-2005, 12:38 PM

Chris

Your efforts are certainly most appreciated...I love those Shania quotes...Quite a few of them I have heard before but you do put out a few I have not seen before...I always appreciate Shania quotes...Thanks Chris

Benjamin
Old 01-17-2005, 04:53 PM

I'm enjoying them too Chris.

Fancon 3 was a blast! Thanks to all who made it so, including all my new Shania friends.

Shania Twain Centre.
Old 01-17-2005, 05:49 PM

THANK YOU CHRIS!

I really enjoy reading all the quotes.

Keep them coming.

SHE WILL ALWAYS BE THE ONE FOREVER AND FOR ALWAYS!

"SHE'S STILL THE ONE FOREVER AND FOR ALWAYS"
Old 01-17-2005, 06:44 PM
*~I Love You Shania!~*

Please, keep 'em coming, Chris! I really appreciate them! I love Shania quotes!

Shania's Still The One, Forever And For Always!

I You, Shania!

53 DAYS UNTIL THE FIFTH ANNUAL WORLDWIDE SHANIA TWAIN FAN CONVENTION!!! GET READY TO PARTY HARDY!!!
Old 01-17-2005, 06:45 PM

Thanks, Chris for posting these quotes because some of these I have seen and some I haven't! I was just enjoying reading all of them and smiling along the way because she has such a sense of humor and is also so inspirational!!
Old 01-17-2005, 07:06 PM
Board Administrator

I was just wondering if anyone was reading them. I would have thought some of them would have sparked some conversations already.

-Chris

Old 01-17-2005, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cbspock
So, should I keep adding quotes, or is no one interested??? I get the feeling no one is, since no one is replying to anything posted so far.

-Chris
YES
I love reading them in one sitting... some I have actually carried in my pocket and when the work day gets a little tough I just read and soon I'm smiling again.... Shania's words & voice weather in her music or just an interview have always been soothing to me...SHE IS ALWAYS POSITIVE
Old 01-17-2005, 11:57 PM
Board Administrator

Here is an interesting quote...

I really hope my peers appreciate and respect what I'm doing. -Shania Twain

---

I remember I autographed it to Mutt Lange, and I may only have put one t on Mutt. I mean, I'd never heard of such a name. I'm sure he must've thought that was quite funny. He must've known from that autograph, right off the bat, that I had no idea who he was. -Shania Twain

---

I'm more private than people realize. I'm not that easy to get to know. -Shania Twain

---

If my clothing does stand out, then I guess it's a compliment, but I just wear whatever feels comfortable.-Shania Twain

---

It was just like a dream. I could have ended up with an album that's not all that different from anything else coming out of Nashville. Mutt made the difference. He took these songs, my attitude, my creativity, and colored them in a way that is unique. -Shania Twain

---

My goal is to appeal to as many people as I can. I'm not looking to leave country, but I do want to have more international success. -Shania Twain

----

Here is a famous one....

So many people bare their midriffs, I don't know why mine is such an issue. -Shania Twain

----

Without a doubt, the best way to get to know me is through my music.-Shania Twain

Old 01-18-2005, 12:13 AM
Board Administrator

I don't want my body to be a distraction from my talent or my brain. -Shania Twain

---

"I'd rather clean my toilet than go to a show-business party." -Shania Twain

---

"I learned tons about the meaning of service there." -Shania Twain on working at McDonalds

---

Shania talks about the industry....

I don't have to worry about what people are thinking and what's going on in the industry. I don't want that stuff to influence what I'm doing. Because I think it stifles you creatively. I don't want to have to care too much about that. All I care about is what the fans think. It's really all I care about, honestly." -Shania

As for the purist naysayers, Twain sneers playfully: "As if i care ..."

Look, I know I push the country music envelope, but so have most of the country artists I love Dolly Parton, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson. the purists didn't like them at first either. I'm not a purist. I'm just trying to find a place where my music fits." -Shania

---

"I'm never at my best on television. There's a row of cameras between you and the audience, and it's very weird, very confusing." -Shania

---

Another one of her famous quotes.....

"A happy heart comes first then the happy face. I believe in that very much. Just learning that life has to go on and you have to make it go on,.that's all there is to it" -Shania

----

"I guess the thing to remember is that no matter how tough things can get in your life, you still have the power to make a choice. You can fade away or you can strive to survive." -Shania

----

"We're all very selfish people.We love the attention when its complimentary and we hate the attention when it sucks. I don't like bad attention. I like good attention. I'm no different than anyone else." -Shania

----

I guess this is when she was being dumped on for "lying" about her indian background...

"Being in the public eye, there are people that are going to want to hurt you, y'know. They've got motives and this is happenning to me right now and it is something that I am taking quite personally." -Shania

"It was very hard on my native family, I'm a registered band member, I've been part of their community since I was a little child. It's very hurtful to know there are people who want to unravel all that." -Shania

---

"I don't like drugs. I don't like alcohol. I like clean living people around me."-Shania on picking her band

---

"It was never my dream to be a star. That was my parents dream. I guess they prayed real hard." - Shania

---

This is obviously before Eja came along...

"My perfect day would start with breakfast out on the terrace, looking at the Alps. I'd wrap a duvet round myself, lounge around, then put on a soup or stew. Then I'd spend time with my horses. I'd come home, have a nice dinner and then Mutt and I would go watch a movie." -Shania

---

"My husband calls me Woody. When I met him, he thought I looked like Woody Woodpecker [because of her current haircut]. My family calls me Leen or Leeny, except for my grandmother who calls me Shania." - Shania

---

"I've always been so intense. I have to learn how to chill out. My husband is great at that. I love to cook, so when I'm home that helps me to relax." -Shania

---

"I was always a communicative performer, so I've just taken that on to a bigger stage. I don't like being seperated from the audience. I really enjoy the communication I have going on." -Shania

---

"I start every day with a fruit and tofu shake. I always have liked soybeans, black beans, or chickpeas for lunch or dinner - and I love pasta. There are just so many ways to make pasta. And the Italians gave us so many wonderful sauces - your basic tomato, basil, olive oil, garlic." -Shania (eating on tour)

"To be honest, I'm pretty exhausted, I soak in a hot bath and then go to bed. I'm not one of those people who stays up til four in the morning eating pizza and drinking beer." -Shania (on tour COO)

---

"I started at such a young age that I really feel old. I feel older than I am because I've lived such a full life already. I keep saying 'Oh, I'm so tired' " -Shania (toward the end of COO)

---

"I'm very independent. I've always been very bold, straightforward and black 'n' white about things in everyday life. I like to simplify things, get to the facts. That's always been the way I've been and nothing has ever been able to distract me - it's almost an insensitive quality. When your raised poor, and you've got lots of responsibilites as a child, you just end up that way, and it actually can be a bitter thing, but when my parents died, it just made me realize how valuable life is, how really fragile life is." -Shania

----

This could explain some of the hate for her on Music Row...

"Women are strong, and women admire beauty just as much as men do. I'll tell you one thing, men are more intimidated by me than the women. I'm not kidding." -Shania

----

"Sometimes we would literally go two or three days at a time where we'd sit by the fire and start writing in the morning, go for a walk later in the afternoon, go for a horseback ride or eat, then write, go to bed really late, get up early in the morning and start all over again."-Shania (writing COO)

----

"Just one day we hugged each other. But it was such a different kind of hug and that was actually when we knew. It was a very sweet, honest moment. Looking at him the day I fell in love and looking at him the day before? Two different things." -Shania talking about Mutt

Old 01-18-2005, 12:23 AM
Board Administrator

It's not that one minute I'm a pop artist and the next minute I'm a country artist. I'm just who I am. I'm capable of making the music sound however I want to make it sound."-- Shania

"My music is country with a lot of outside influences. it is a mix of a lot of different styles of music."-- Shania

"Music makes me feel good, it makes me feel sad, it stimulates me and inspires me. It's like magic."-- Shania

"It's so easy to get flattered by everything that's going on around you. And it's okay to be flattered, but it's not okay to lose a true sense of humility. And it's hard. Sometimes you're trying to build your confidence and confidence comes from ego. In order to be really confident, and do a good job, it's kind of an ego thing. So, how do you do that and stay humble at the same time?... I think humility is the most important thing for me to remember."-- Shania

----

You can learn alot about Shania from all of these. So what is everyone's favorite Shania quote? It doesn't have to be one I already posted. If you have anymore please add them.

-Chris

Old 01-18-2005, 12:27 AM
Board Administrator

"I guess the thing to remember is that no matter how tough things can get in your life, you still have the power to make a choice. You can fade away or you can strive to survive." -Shania

-Chris

Old 01-18-2005, 08:35 AM
*~I Love You Shania!~*

Thanks for posting these Chris! I can't really pick a favorite, because every one means something, and every one just sticks in your head. But, let me tell you what I do with these. I write all of them down in my notebook, take them to school, and when I'm feeling bummed or things just aren't going my way, I take the notebook out and read them. The funny thing is, I'll be reading them, which gives me this huge smile on my face, and then someone will ask me "What are you smiling about?" But, some people just don't understand the power of Shania's words. Leave it to Shania to make me smile and brighten up any day!

Shania's Still The One, Forever And For Always!

I You, Shania!

53 DAYS UNTIL THE FIFTH ANNUAL WORLDWIDE SHANIA TWAIN FAN CONVENTION!!! GET READY TO PARTY HARDY!!!
Post New Thread Reply