Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[] Still the One in Vegas!
[] Shania on Spanish TV
[] Shania on French TV
[] Shania in TIME!
[] Shania on Today Show
[] Shania at Grey Cup
[] Shania on Late Show
[] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[]Chatroom
[] Board Members Pics
[] Timmins Trip Photos!
[] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > General
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 01-18-2005, 09:25 AM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

Here is something very interesting I found in my paper files on Shania from AstroMaggi for Astronet, Women.com [copyright 2000] It was published on the net 6-28-2000. It goes all through her story that we are all familiar with, but the final paragraph is a little unnerving in that they pretty much predicted in advance things top come:

"According to her progressed horoscope, Shania will be one of the most popular recording artists of the 21st century, too. With progressed Moon in Capricorn for the next twelve years, she'll have as much work as she can handle. Shania will gain popularity with an older group of fans during this time. Because her progressed Jupiter has just entered Cancer, her home life looks fortunate, too. She and Robert will purchase a new home and consider having a child in the next few years. Shania deeply appreicates her current circumstances because of the personal and financial hardships suffered during her youth. It's something Shania will even sing about soon."

I think this is eerie that this horiscope predicted all this in June of 2000, well before any of it actually happened.

Now, I couldn't find the site where this came from, it no longer exists, but here is the home page for Astrolgy.com/astronet; and a new Celebrity Astrology site I found for Shania after a lot of digging and it is pretty cool. It really has her numbers, if you get my drift.

http://horoscopes.astrology.com/ast...cles/shania.htm

http://astrozine.astrology.com/star...rts/stwain.html

Enjoy!!!!!! Wow!!! After reading this again, it is uncanny how it relates to Shania in the way we have come to know her and about her. Unbelievable.

Steve

Last edited by Steve F : 01-18-2005 at 09:32 AM.
Old 01-18-2005, 10:52 AM

Steve

You can wonder about the stars all you desire but it does not happen unless you make it happen in this case Shania and Mutt made it happen...The statements are pretty general in the horoscope, but it did predict she would obtain a new home, which is true...As for being a success story that rests squarely on the combined talents of Shania and Mutt because they made it happen together...But their new home is pretty amazing...I bet it did not predict that Shania would take up a new line of work...Sheep farming and thoroughbred horse raising on a ranch...

Benjamin
Old 01-18-2005, 12:23 PM
Board Administrator

Fascinating!

That is wild. Shania hasn't written that song yet.

They have the baby, and new home in NZ. As to more work, Shania is working on that charity, and Sheep Farm. So those parts worked out..lol

-----

I need to add a quote page to my site. I have quotes on some pages, but I think I need a page dedicated to them.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 01-18-2005, 02:25 PM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

Quote:
Originally posted by corran
Steve

You can wonder about the stars all you desire but it does not happen unless you make it happen in this case Shania and Mutt made it happen...The statements are pretty general in the horoscope, but it did predict she would obtain a new home, which is true...As for being a success story that rests squarely on the combined talents of Shania and Mutt because they made it happen together...But their new home is pretty amazing...I bet it did not predict that Shania would take up a new line of work...Sheep farming and thoroughbred horse raising on a ranch...

Benjamin

The second article I gave I agree is general but is also quite accurate. On the other hand, it's too bad I can't paste the article on here, but that article from June of 2000 "was" directly related. It's title was "Shania Twain: Completing Her Karmic Tasks." The first paragraph talks about her tough time growing up which we are all aware of. The final sentence says: "Her current success in both the pop and country charts is evidence of her talent, but her family story tells more about her good heart."

The next paragraph goes on to tell the story of her parents death, etc., then talks about "the position of the North Node of the Moon. It then says: "Shania's North Node falls in Gemini, the sign of the zodiac connected with brothers and sisters. It shows that her relationship with them would be the most challenging she will ever face. Having met her karmic obligations early on, Shania was then free to make herself known in the world of music, a job she'd been preparing for all of her life."

There is more, but this gives you an idea that there was obviously knowledge of Shania's life in writing this article.

I can't say I am a true believer in these things or not, but what does impress me is that these daily horoscopes, etc., quite often are close to what is happening to you on certain days. Again, I wouldn't call myself a believer Benjamin, but I found this to be very interesting and entertaining regarding Shania.

Steve
Old 01-18-2005, 06:12 PM

I love all of her quotes, but the ones that made me laugh or chuckle, as she would say, was that she knows more about traditional country artists more than the ones that put her down and that she is no cowgirl, but a bush girl and that is alot tougher! She is so right and just one reason why I can relate to her hard work ethic than Gretchen Wilson! I also like that one about she would rather clean her toilet than going to a Hollywood party!! Good girl and really funny!!! It is so hard not to like or love this woman! She is a class act and a breath of fresh air!!!
Old 01-18-2005, 06:16 PM

That is really eerie, Steve, but also very interesting and how true!
Old 01-18-2005, 06:22 PM

Shania is indeed a class act Cheryl...There are lots of qualities that I love about Shania, but her dedication impresses me the most besides her music and song writing...

Benjamin
Old 01-18-2005, 06:31 PM

Steve

I know it is a pretty amazing coincidence but still there is no substitute for dedication and determination...That is how Shania got there...One of the other reasons I love Shania is because she works so close with her husband Mutt Lange...They are such a close knit team together...It is hard for me to even imagine Shania without Mutt Lange today because they are one together...They are also a force to be reckoned with in the world of music...Before Shania even met Mutt Lange he had an extensive library on Country Music...He was obviously looking for a partner with a backround in Country Music...Instead he ended up marrying Shania Twain...I guess Shania must have impressed Mutt Lange much and for her reward he helped her with her music...Love is the magic I believe in Steve...If you have that and a little talent you can make wonders happen...I know Shania and Mutt would only smile in agreement...

Benjamin
Old 01-18-2005, 06:47 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Cheryl
she knows more about traditional country artists more than the ones that put her down and that she is no cowgirl, but a bush girl and that is alot tougher! She is so right and just one reason why I can relate to her hard work ethic than Gretchen Wilson!

Also. you don't see Shania gulping down a bottle of whiskey on commercials for her special on CMT.

-Chris

Old 01-18-2005, 06:54 PM
Board Administrator

"I would love to have his life, to do the music and not have to be famous. I'm more private than people realize. I'm not easy to get to know. My husband's the only one who really knows me. To get through the kind of life I've been through, you have to be strong, and it's wonderful when you find the right person who can share everything about you." - Shania

"All I ever intended was to make a living at what I do. Everything I've achieved since then is above and beyond."-Shania

"It makes me very excited to know that I might be in someone's record collection who has no other country records. And then at the same time, I'm in another record collection of people who just listen to country music and they wouldn't dare listen to anything else. They both have my record. I'm very flattered by that. Isn't it great that music can cross those boundaries?"-Shania

"Up until I was a recording artist, I sang whatever paid the bills... I really thought that as a poor kid I would never make it."-Shania

"I refuse to play down the way I look in order to be taken seriously as an artist, I mean if I had an office job, I wouldn't show up for work baring my midriff, But this is Entertainment, I don't want to be 50 years old and thinking I should have enjoyed it while I had it." -Shania

"It's not like i'm abandoning one to be the other. I am them.. legitimitly. I spent my whole youth singing in clubs doing whatever music paid the bills. If there were rock bars hiring that year.. I was a rock singer. If there were pop bars hiring that year.. I was a Top 40 singer. If there were country bars hiring that year.. I was a country singer. I've done them all. So, I am real, and this is what i do. -Shania

"I was so suprised! I grew up listening to Dolly Parton and Willy Neslon. I grew up listening to country artists who drank themselves flat on the floor, who were divorced three or four times, who had children with several different people. I'm squeaky clean compared to the country music I knew. If I'm already too daring for them.. that leaves me nowhere to go.-Shania

Old 01-18-2005, 06:56 PM
Board Administrator

More quotes about Shania.......

Check this out from the FLIPPER....CHET FLIPPO

"Shania Twain has carved out her own place in country. Until she came along, there was no job description for what she is -- a pop femme fatale in country, for want of a better term. She's playing by her own rules. And she's changing the audience." - Chet Flippo

Shania Twain is great, because she's smart and she's absolutely beautiful, and she writes these unbelievable songs. She's got a very commercial beat on the public. She knows what men want; she knows what women want. She knows how to do a song without offending anyone. - Dolly Parton

"She had a vision for what she wanted to go do, and anything less than achieving that was half-assed to her." - Toby Keith

Old 01-18-2005, 07:03 PM
Board Administrator

More from Shania......

"Out of the Yellow a huge man dressed as the Incredible Hulk jumped up on stage and picked me up. He hoisted me over his shoulders and walked back down to the dance floor. Then he whirled me around till I thought I was a goner."-Shania singing at halloween

"It's the first time I've ever worn a short skirt,'' said Twain, who usually favors outfits that expose her famous bellybutton. ``Dressing up is the fun part. I like looking good and I enjoy it." Shania at Grammy 99

Shania referring to her song "If You Want to Touch Her, Ask!...."You can't just grab her and help yourself. You have to ask, maybe she'll say yes...and maybe not."

"I'm just finally as an adult in my thirties being comfortable with the fact I'm female, and if I bounce when I walk then that's just life. It doesn't mean you're showing off and it doesn't give people the right to touch you because you do have breasts."-Shania

"I'm still not able to walk down the beach without a beach wrap. I don't think I ever will be able to. It's kinda dumb!" -Shania (now she wears the FAFA sweater )

-Chris

Old 01-18-2005, 07:10 PM

Quote:
"I was so suprised! I grew up listening to Dolly Parton and Willy Neslon. I grew up listening to country artists who drank themselves flat on the floor, who were divorced three or four times, who had children with several different people. I'm squeaky clean compared to the country music I knew. If I'm already too daring for them.. that leaves me nowhere to go.-Shania

This one is so telling and interesting.
In the last two year country radio and industry alwys complained, that country music became too steril , and there is nothing raw or bad, or some sexual mentions etc....
And that's why they praising Wilson now.

But Shania is still blamed for selling with sex or whatever they wanna bring up against her.
Old 01-18-2005, 07:23 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Jud
This one is so telling and interesting.
In the last two year country radio and industry alwys complained, that country music became too steril , and there is nothing raw or bad, or some sexual mentions etc....
And that's why they praising Wilson now.

But Shania is still blamed for selling with sex or whatever they wanna bring up against her.

It's crazy isn't!

Tanya Tucker could sleep around and do drugs

Gretchen can be on CMT seen slugging down a bottle of
whiskey

Willie Nelson can be stoned

Big and Rich can turn the CMA into a freak show

etc,

all of that does not bother them, yet Shania shows her midriff and all heck breaks loose.

-Chris

Old 01-18-2005, 08:08 PM
Banned

Most of these quotes were taken from Tommy's #1 SHANIA TWAIN SuperSite
Post New Thread Reply