Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > General
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 01-20-2005, 12:49 AM

Thanks for all the quotes.

I love the ones about Shania. lol I love it when people actually talk nice about her.
Old 01-20-2005, 12:58 AM
From This Moment On!

Send a message via AIM to Mary R Send a message via MSN to Mary R Send a message via Yahoo to Mary R
Thanks for posting all these quotes Chris! I heard a few of these, but there are quite a few that I haven't heard before.

Quote:
Originally posted by cbspock

----

"I don't fit anywhere, I fit with you guys.''- Shania Twain on her fans

---

I like this quote! Shania fits just right with us fans! We love Ya Shania!

Mary R
Old 01-20-2005, 01:03 AM
From This Moment On!

Send a message via AIM to Mary R Send a message via MSN to Mary R Send a message via Yahoo to Mary R
Quote:

Shania Twain is great, because she's smart and she's absolutely beautiful, and she writes these unbelievable songs. She's got a very commercial beat on the public. She knows what men want; she knows what women want. She knows how to do a song without offending anyone. - Dolly Parton

Love this quote by Dolly! Ain't it the truth?! YEP!

Mary R
Old 01-20-2005, 01:22 AM

Quote:

"I don't fit anywhere, I fit with you guys.''- Shania Twain on her fans

---

Old 01-20-2005, 02:31 AM
Still The One!

this is a great thread - Shania talks just as eloquently as she writes... that is not always the case for writers

here are some quotes i had collected for my site:

On her Parents:

"My parents were loving... we just didn't have any money."

"I called my mother my 'little angel.' She was very vulnerable."

"My mother did it all. She got me all those things. I still don't know how she did it, but she did."

"I remember, one evening, we had barely enough gas in the car for my dad to get to work the next day, so he refused to let me go to a club. My mother got me to sneak out of the window and meet her outside and then we drove off. He was pretty angry when we got back."

"I did a good job too (of hiding her poverty from friends at school). But you know what? I recognized as a kid that I wasn't the worst off. My mother had a lot of pride. We never went to school dirty or in ripped clothes. I always think of 'Coat of Many Colors,' the Dolly Parton song? So when I would see another kid that was dirty, I knew they didn't have the loving parents I had."

"They weren't living vicariously through me or anything like that. I think the only desperation was to have a child that succeeded. "It's like, if you have an Olympic athlete for a child, you are going to bite your fingers to the bone, wanting that child to succeed."

"My parents were big fans of country, and that's all they listened to. Because it was a small town and there was only one radio station, which was multi-format, I got to hear all the music that was happening. I was wearing bell-bottoms, really colorful, tight hip-huggers. My mother was wearing beehive hairdos. I remember very clearly The Mamas And The Papas and The Carpenters, who were big for me, and Stevie Wonder, Gladys Knight...I loved it. In retrospect, it was one of the better times for music."

"Yes, you can lose somebody overnight, yes, your whole life can be turned upside down. Life is short. It can come and go like a feather in the wind."

"For a long time, I didn't know which one of them to miss. How do you miss two people at once?"

"I never felt that life was over during that time and the family is much closer because of it. Time is a great healer and you've got to stop wishing for what will never happen. Mom and dad will never be here to celebrate my success.''

I used to feel their presence all the time. They would always come to me in my dreams. Then there was a time when I had this really strange dream - this was before I left Huntsville to get my recording contract - that in one way or another everything just seemed settled and okay and they just went on their way. I don't know anything about what happens after death, but whatever it is, they're doing it now. They just kind of released themselves and they were gone, and it was a very nice feeling of relie£ I guess it was just my own final letting go."

"That all seems like another lifetime ago, so far away, but it's never that far removed that I couldn't do it again. And there's a comfort there. I think if you are ever in a desperate situation and you get through it, you have a confidence in life that you would otherwise not have. I realize that no matter what I ever lose, I'll be able to manage."

"I'm just so happy that my parents' efforts and my family's efforts haven't been in vain. I know that my siblings are feeling like big winners right now."
Old 01-20-2005, 03:58 AM
Going UP

thanks for all the quotes! it makes great reading
Old 01-20-2005, 07:45 AM
Board Administrator

I used to feel their presence all the time. They would always come to me in my dreams. Then there was a time when I had this really strange dream - this was before I left Huntsville to get my recording contract - that in one way or another everything just seemed settled and okay and they just went on their way. I don't know anything about what happens after death, but whatever it is, they're doing it now. They just kind of released themselves and they were gone, and it was a very nice feeling of relie£ I guess it was just my own final letting go."

Shania told a story in an interview after Up! came out that she had dream and saw her parents again, I will have to find it. She mentioned something like that they saw she was happy and she didn't need them anymore.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 01-20-2005, 12:04 PM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

Quote:
Originally posted by corran
Steve

I know it is a pretty amazing coincidence but still there is no substitute for dedication and determination...That is how Shania got there...One of the other reasons I love Shania is because she works so close with her husband Mutt Lange...They are such a close knit team together...It is hard for me to even imagine Shania without Mutt Lange today because they are one together...They are also a force to be reckoned with in the world of music...Before Shania even met Mutt Lange he had an extensive library on Country Music...He was obviously looking for a partner with a backround in Country Music...Instead he ended up marrying Shania Twain...I guess Shania must have impressed Mutt Lange much and for her reward he helped her with her music...Love is the magic I believe in Steve...If you have that and a little talent you can make wonders happen...I know Shania and Mutt would only smile in agreement...

Benjamin

I couldn't agree more Ben. When you think about it, Mutt's the big winner. Number 1, he got the girl of his dreams for a wife and partner, and number 2, he got just about all he could dream for in an artist to promote and produce. It doesn't get any better than that. Yes, love is definitely the magic and talent can make wonders. We've seen it all in action.

Steve
Old 01-20-2005, 07:10 PM

I like that quote too, Mary about Shania fitting in with us fans!! That was really nice to read!!! I also like the ones on this page about her parents! I was so touched by what she said as I was reading them!
Old 01-20-2005, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve F
I couldn't agree more Ben. When you think about it, Mutt's the big winner. Number 1, he got the girl of his dreams for a wife and partner, and number 2, he got just about all he could dream for in an artist to promote and produce. It doesn't get any better than that. Yes, love is definitely the magic and talent can make wonders. We've seen it all in action.

Steve

Well you could say that it just got much better for Shania and Mutt because now they have a new playground to develop their music and all the privacy they may desire in New Zealand....Plus they have the perfect setting to make their songs...Simply beautifull...I don't think we have seen the best of Shania and Mutt who are gonna be such a love story...

Benjamin
Old 01-24-2005, 11:50 PM
Board Administrator

"I love to write stories," says Shania Twain, "Songwriting is my favorite part of what I do. I like to give every song its own personality and attitude and to sing each one in its own style."

-Chris

Last edited by cbspock : 01-24-2005 at 11:53 PM.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:57 AM
Board Administrator

"I can see on their faces what the songs mean to them. I'm affected by music, when I sit and listen I'm high by it, so when I see I'm affecting them the same way, I really feel I've done what I came to do." -Shania

"There is a typical Shania attitude in the lyric, a definite female confidence. It's all about a girl who knows what she wants, she not only knows how to get it, but she's going to get it good." -Shania (talking about IGGG)

Old 02-12-2005, 10:41 PM
Board Administrator

"I like to have fun with music. The purpose of music for me is to entertain. I'm not out there to be Einstein," she says. "I'm making music for records, not for text books. I'm looking to entertain and inspire people, make them feel good or stir up emotions"- Shania, Canadian Musician 1998

Old 02-13-2005, 12:21 AM

Quote:
"I like to have fun with music. The purpose of music for me is to entertain. I'm not out there to be Einstein," she says. "I'm making music for records, not for text books. I'm looking to entertain and inspire people, make them feel good or stir up emotions"- Shania, Canadian Musician 1998

Yes Chris and I hope like that Shania will continue entertain and inspire us all because her music definately makes me feel good...I derive much joy from listening to her songs...

Benjamin
Old 02-13-2005, 01:42 AM
Board Administrator

"I think the most special moment we had together was when I got back from telling my family about my new relationship and how serious it was. Later, when I met up with Mutt after being apart for two weeks, I felt like my heart was going to beat out of my chest. He felt the same way, and we were like, "Oh, we can never be apart again" I had just never felt such a strong connection before. I felt like I had been away from him for ten years, and it had only been two weeks. That was probably the most powerful and intense time."

-Shania, Redbook 2002.

Post New Thread Reply