Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[] Still the One in Vegas!
[] Shania on Spanish TV
[] Shania on French TV
[] Shania in TIME!
[] Shania on Today Show
[] Shania at Grey Cup
[] Shania on Late Show
[] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[]Chatroom
[] Board Members Pics
[] Timmins Trip Photos!
[] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > Shania in the news
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 05-15-2008, 10:41 PM

Send a message via AIM to shaniawarrior Send a message via Yahoo to shaniawarrior
Chris, you couldn't have posted a better picture to express what I'm sure most of us are feeling.

You know it's weird...all my friends & family have been calling me since the news broke. I'm getting calls like it's my own relationship that has gone sour! Just goes to show that my friends & family know how much I look up to Shania.

I still can't believe any of this is happening. I guess from here on out the only thing you can really do is be as optimistic as the situation can allow & keep Shania & her family in your thoughts.

But Chris, you did bring up an excellent point...if Shania does write about this and releases any of it, it could very well be her most interesting, or at least different, material yet.

"I'm a vegetarian, Brad. I eat TOFU TUNA!! *slap*" ~Shania in "I Heart Huckabees"
Old 05-15-2008, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaniawarrior
Chris, you couldn't have posted a better picture to express what I'm sure most of us are feeling.

You know it's weird...all my friends & family have been calling me since the news broke. I'm getting calls like it's my own relationship that has gone sour! Just goes to show that my friends & family know how much I look up to Shania.

I still can't believe any of this is happening. I guess from here on out the only thing you can really do is be as optimistic as the situation can allow & keep Shania & her family in your thoughts.

But Chris, you did bring up an excellent point...if Shania does write about this and releases any of it, it could very well be her most interesting, or at least different, material yet.

Shania may write about this part of her life, but I seriously doubt that we will ever hear it in song.
Old 05-15-2008, 10:56 PM
Board Administrator

We may already have heard it in a song and not known it. However it's all water under the bridge. Now we sit and wait to see what happens next.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 05-15-2008, 10:58 PM

I'm truely saddened by this all. I'm sure it's been coming on for a while and I agree that either something will follow the announcement or the news of the problem was going to leak anyway and they just decided to beat the leak. Somehow I have a big problem with thinking or talking about new music or any music they've done together for that matter just now. This will be a sad time and I especially feel bad for Eja. I for one really won't comment on this from this point on because I know it is an extremely personal and hurtful matter that will require time and understanding from those who care about the 3 of them to play itself out. I will say finally that from my broad experience with this kind of stuff it seldom ends well but I truely pray this will be one of those rare times that it does-Doc Bill
A never-ending song of love and the reason for your rhyme.

Thanks-ST
Old 05-15-2008, 11:00 PM
Board Administrator

Well said as alway Doc!

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 05-15-2008, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojibiwanqueenst
That's how my parents are. My dad has remarried and both he and my mom are still good friends and are able to work together (she's a secretary at an elementary school and he's the transportation director) and things have been fine for me.

It doesn't always work out that way. I come from a broken home and my parents hated the site of each other, it's down to individual situations.

As for Shania and Mutt , I seem to be one of the very few NOT surprised by this.
There always appears to have been an undercurrant of something not seeming 100% about their relationship, while I think it's very sad, especially for their son, I have rarely seen a marriage with such an age gap last for ever.
I suspect there will have been huge differences between the two - something in all honesty we will never know - and it will be very interesting to see which way here career goes, if at all.

The one thing I am not looking forward to is there will be certain people drooling in Bashville over this, with the "I told you so" been the at the forefront of things.

It would be such a sad loss to the music world in general should Shania decide to disappear altogether, but who would blame her?, not I for one, but I do think we may have heard the last of her music
Old 05-15-2008, 11:25 PM

wow i got home from work and went to people.com and saw the news i couldn't believe it
i came here hoping you'd all tell me it was a mistake.
i really didn't think they'd ever break up. i don't think age is as big a factor as some mainly because when shania and mutt met they were their own person they know who they are and what they wanted.
age usually plays a much bigger role when you have someone so much younger than you who is still trying to find themselves. imo

whatever problems they were having in their relationship i'm sure explains why a new album isn't out yet.
what a shame on so many levels.
they may work together again but i doubt they will right now as usually when you break up you most often at least take a long time apart.
i don't think mutt and shania would record and write together so soon after a break up.

i can't even imagine how they'll divide all the property and money they have.
i'm sure eja will be fine as he's young enough to adjust quickly and he has two parents who love and care about him deeply and i'm sure they put a lot of work into trying to make whatever problems they were having work out but ultimately decided there best action was to go their separate ways

best wishes to Shania and Mutt
Old 05-15-2008, 11:56 PM
cross-stitching nut

Now that I have had some time to let this news sink in I have begun thinking about what Jud said...there must be a reason they/or she/or he decided to announce this news. They could have been separated for months and we, her fans, would probably never have known. Maybe they have been separated for months or even years. It is not like we see them together in public. So if all of a sudden they weren't together in public we would never say 'I wonder why they were not together. They could carry on out of the limelight as they have done in the past, Shania going to events by herself, etc., and we would not be the wiser that they were not together. So something had to trigger breaking the news. Who knows what that might be...maybe career move for one or both of them or maybe an official document of divorce that would have soon been discovered. Whatever the reason there must have been something to make such private people go public with this information. I can only guess that we will soon find out why it was announced. I only know that it does sadden me and make me wish for happier times for the lady who gave me so many happy times.

"Find Your Self Esteem And Be Forever Free To Dream" - Shania Twain
Old 05-16-2008, 12:41 AM

I'm sitting here in absolute shock, just staring at the monitor and completely heartbroken. But I also agree with the theory that this is NOT news to Shania or Mutt. Look how long it took us to find out Eja was on the way. And then when he was born. I, too, think they'd done their talking and come to some sort of terms with it before it was released. All the sadder - if it was something they were still optimistic about, I bet we still wouldn't know. They must feel pretty certain.

The age difference thing might be an issue, but I know of 3 relationships where it wasn't an issue. Sam is 13 years older than me. My dad was 18 years older than my mom. One of my bridesmaids' dad was 22 years older than her mom. They can and do work.

Whatever happened here, I'll still hold on to hope, however fleeting it may be. And I have a feeling her complete focus will be on Eja - not on a CD. If Eja's been well prepared (and we know he's loved), then I bet a CD will come. For me? I'd rather NOT hear about this in her music. I'd like to enjoy it, not burst into tears when I listen to it.
Old 05-16-2008, 01:29 AM
Still The One!

I wonder if she will still make an appearance at the Swiss Red Cross Gala and if the media will be allowed to talk to her...
Old 05-16-2008, 02:14 AM

I know the smiles in this group are smiling, but pretend they're not. It's so sad. Time to gather the troops for a group hug.
Old 05-16-2008, 02:34 AM

I'm totally, completely shocked!!!!
I never, never, never thought I'd read something like this.
No wonder why there's still no album, she had something more important to deal with than making new music.
Well, now I wonder if we'll ever see a new album on the shelves.
On the bright side (if you can find one in this situation), this could be a good opportunity for her to reinvent herself, her sound and her image.
I'm also thinking about that interview on Redbook. Who knows if they were already breaking up?
Everything's goin' your way
Old 05-16-2008, 02:56 AM

http://www.gm.tv/news/entertainment...n-uk-twain.html
The news has now been posted on the GMTV (UK breakfast show) website

ET Canada, said "She'll be forced back into the spotlight this year with her new album and perfume line (not to mention her pending divorce).
http://www.canada.com/globaltv/glob...2d-0a51b39b913d

Billboard on the other hand, said "The label would not comment on whether or not Lange will be involved in Twain's next project, which is expected next year."
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news...t_id=1003804263

Last edited by amanda122 : 05-16-2008 at 03:08 AM.
Old 05-16-2008, 03:04 AM

Hopefully she has a lot of support now, because being the front person from the two, she wil get most of the slack, as always.

Hope she'll find her way back to better times.
Old 05-16-2008, 03:23 AM

I can't believe that it's true they seemed so happy together but noone knows waht happens behind closed doors. Hope also that they can work togehter on music....Here in germany there isn't so much about this newy but im sure it will come...on one televion text there is mention something about it but not very much...its so sad...hope she is okay....
Post New Thread Reply