Watch Shania LIVE from Las Vegas - Feb. 28!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[] Still the One in Vegas!
[] Shania on Spanish TV
[] Shania on French TV
[] Shania in TIME!
[] Shania on Today Show
[] Shania at Grey Cup
[] Shania on Late Show
Shania's UPClose and Personal DVD! Click to Order
[] Latest Shania News!
[] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[]Chatroom
[] Board Members Pics
[] Timmins Trip Photos!
[] Shania Twain Centre
[] Board Code of Conduct!
Click to Order Greatest Hits CD!
Please Support Shania's Cause!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > Shania in the news
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 11-25-2003, 03:14 AM

he's the same person who write that article from HArdfourt Court odr something, its no secret he dosn't like her.

here is one of his "piece of work", and the corrections of it.
http://www.shaniaforums.com/showthr...ht=Roger+Catlin

Last edited by Jud : 11-25-2003 at 03:22 AM.
Old 11-25-2003, 03:40 AM

9:00 (NBC) "Shania Twain: Up Close and Personal." After watching Britney Spears' special last week, Twain's act will seem like an exercise in restraint. It'll also seem like someone singing, rather than lip-syncing.
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...5p-124118c.html
Old 11-25-2003, 04:17 AM

Here is Jimmy Carter from AllAccess.com:
The Shania special on NBC Tuesday, November 25th at 9 (ET) is fantastic. It's a very different Shania. You will want to see this one!
Old 11-25-2003, 05:50 AM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Knight1
This review was by Roger Catlin of ctnow.com

Shania Twain In Concert
November 25, 2003

Eight years ago, Alison Krauss won four awards at the Country Music Association awards, beating the much more commercially popular Shania Twain at every turn, including the Horizon Award.

Some saw in the two singers the twin poles of late-20th-century country music, with the purer acoustic traditions of Krauss opposite the sexy pop styles of Twain.

Tonight, Twain gets the upper hand by hiring Krauss & Union Station as the backing band for her new specia,l "Shania Twain: UP! Close and Personal" (NBC, 9 p.m.).

The ability to have a second network special off the same album and hire one of the most respected bluegrass bands for the effort shows the considerable clout of the still big-selling Twain.

But in nearly every rendition here, you may find yourself straining to hear the beautiful harmonies of both Krauss and Dan Tyminski of Union Station (best known as the voice on "Man of Constant Sorrow" from the "O Brother, Where Art Thou" soundtrack).

And when was the last time you tuned in to a star's special to hear the background singers?

Despite the abundant talent on stage, Twain never lets the hired hands take a verse or approach a real duet. It's all about Shania, as she sings to a studio audience when she's not nervously babbling to them about the most inane things.

Dressed in skin-tight leather and surrounded on each side by the audience, it's no secret she's copying the formula of the "Elvis" 1968 TV special with far less effect (in which her rocking consists of an AC/DC cover).

Not only is she not Elvis, she's not even Alison.
http://www.ctnow.com/entertainment/...hc-headlines-tv

So, do you think we will send him enough emails so he can earn that 20,000 dollars after taxes??? lol They all have to show how smart they are. You can tell he hates Shania. The contempt drips from every word.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 11-25-2003, 05:56 AM
Board Administrator

Old 11-25-2003, 08:41 AM

From USA TODAY:

http://www.usatoday.com/life/music/...a-special_x.htm

'Up! Close' and rootsy
By Brian Mansfield, Special for USA TODAY
At first glance, Shania Twain and Alison Krauss would hardly seem like a natural match.
There's Twain, the crossover queen, whose commercially minded hybrid of country and '80s rock have made her the best-selling woman in country music history. Then there's Krauss, a former fiddle prodigy with an angelic voice, who leads Union Station, the best-known bluegrass band in the land.
Yet the entertainers have accounted for some of the most interesting, if unlikely, country music moments this year. First, Krauss and Union Station backed Twain at the CMT Flameworthy Awards show in April on Twain's ballad Forever and for Always. Then Krauss produced Twain's version of Coat of Many Colors for a Dolly Parton tribute album. They paired up to sing the song on Oprah a few weeks ago.
Tonight, Twain and Krauss unveil their most extensive collaboration yet. Backed by Krauss and her band, Twain performs acoustic versions of hits such as From This Moment On and I'm Gonna Get You Good on Shania Twain Up! Close and Personal (NBC, 9 ET/PT), an hour-long special that was taped this month in front of 300 people at a Nashville soundstage.
"It's fun and refreshing to make this departure," Twain says. "It's all worked really naturally and very, very well."
"When we were learning the tunes for the show, they were so easy to remember," Krauss says. "A catchy melody, a catchy tune ? that works in any style. It was amazing how they stuck with us and how they worked."
Krauss and Twain have something of a parallel history. The breakthrough albums for both artists ? Twain's The Woman in Me and Krauss' Now That I've Found You: A Collection? made their debuts the same week in February 1995. (Krauss entered at No. 31 on the country chart; Twain at No. 65.)
The success of both albums ? Krauss' album sold 2 million copies, Twain's more than 12 million ? ushered in an era of female dominance in country music that's only just now subsiding.
Twain, whose first NBC special this year was taped in front of 50,000 fans at Chicago's Grant Park, wanted to take another tack for this special. She modeled Up! Close after Elvis Presley's December 1969 NBC special ? widely known as his "comeback special" ? right down to wearing a black leather jumpsuit onstage.
"I wanted to go back to something stripped-down and rootsy," Twain says. "I've been doing big concerts for quite a long time, and I love it, but I just want that contrast."
To get it, she turned again to Union Station. "Wanting to break the music down, there just didn't seem to be any other way," she says. "They were the ones. There is no, even, second choice."
Krauss says she was nervous at first, because Twain's music seemed so unlike the bluegrass and acoustic music she and her band usually play. "It's so different from what we do, we didn't know what liberties we were supposed to take," Krauss says. "Were we supposed to learn it off the record? Were we supposed to learn the themes? Twain's husband, Robert John 'Mutt' Lange, was like, 'Just play them as if you were going to play them.' "
Krauss is a noted fan of the arena-rock bands such as Foreigner, Def Leppard and AC/DC that Lange produced in the '80s. "Working with Mutt has to be one of the top musical experiences of my entire life," she says. "My brother, he's calling and getting an update. Then my brother's friend is calling. All these people were calling me, going, 'What's he like?' Because we've all been huge fans of his forever."
Up! Close includes Twain and Krauss' version of You Shook Me All Night Long, a record Lange produced for AC/DC. But those hoping Twain gets down and dirty with the song will have to wait. "I changed the words," Twain says. "I never liked singing them, even when I was 15. I sat down on the bus and put new words to it."
No collaboration is ever completely without a little creative tension. Krauss would have kept the original lyrics: "I do like the nasty words in there. Yeah."
Old 11-25-2003, 08:49 AM
Board Administrator

That was posted.................

http://www.shania-twain.org/mb/show...&threadid=12006

-----------

check out www.nbc.com they have the special on their frontpage.

-Chris

Old 11-25-2003, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by cbspock
That was posted.................

http://www.shania-twain.org/mb/show...&threadid=12006

-----------

check out www.nbc.com they have the special on their frontpage.

-Chris

OOPS! Sorry

Didn't scroll down the "news" page looking for a seperate thread. Just went to the "sticky", didn't see it there, and posted. My bad.
Old 11-25-2003, 09:35 AM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by NEB
OOPS! Sorry

Didn't scroll down the "news" page looking for a seperate thread. Just went to the "sticky", didn't see it there, and posted. My bad.

No problem.

-Chris

Old 11-25-2003, 01:53 PM

Scroll to the middle of website page.

Tonight on Channel 4: 'Queer Eye' for Shania

Yes, NBC gave the ax to the big Justin Timberlake music special set to air this week.

But Shania Twain has come through with flying colors. The special she taped earlier this month is, indeed, airing at 8 p.m. on Channel 4 in a fabulous (and I do mean fabulous) double-header with Queer Eye for the Straight Guy.

Shania won't be offering any fashion tips, nor will she show you how to zhuzsh your sleeves.

Sorry, you have to watch Queer Eye to know how to zhuzsh. And no, it's not dirty. By the way, Shania has ''people'' to zhuzsh her. I swear, it's not dirty.

But I digress.

The show is Shania playing a full acoustic show with Alison Krauss & Union Station.

And yes, Shania looks fabulous!
http://tennessean.com/celebrities/a...ent_ID=43070368

Hmm - With all the "fabulous", "zhuzsh" and fashion references, I'm not sure if he is more a Queer Eye or a Shania fan.
Old 11-25-2003, 08:00 PM
Administrator

Get ready...she is almost here!!!!!!!!! Did you hear the last commercial? She is so close...you can touch...LOL!
Old 11-25-2003, 08:03 PM
Administrator

It starts with Shania saying feel like you are in your own living room....I love the colors on the stage..
First song: IGGG...new song...Alison and the guy are doing back UP!..very cool version, new one..the crowd is standing now.. Shania looks AWESOME!
Alison's vocals are really great! Great match I find....
Old 11-25-2003, 08:04 PM
Administrator

What are they using instead of the electric guitars? Mandolins? It sounds like..a very blue-grassish electric type of sound..
There is that wind effect on Shania's hair...that reminds me of Farrah Fawcett..LOL!
Old 11-25-2003, 08:05 PM
Board Administrator

That outfit screams the 60's......lol She looks like catwoman..lol

Man, with her voice hoarse like this, Alison can easily outsing her.

They do harmonize really really well.

-Chris

Old 11-25-2003, 08:06 PM
Administrator

Just before the first commercial, images of Shania from the rehearsals..and a short interview with Shania who talks about IGGG: it makes her want curly hair... something like that..LOL!