Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > North American Summer Tour 2018!
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 10-25-2003, 09:25 PM
From This Moment On!

Send a message via AIM to Mary R Send a message via MSN to Mary R Send a message via Yahoo to Mary R
Shania Review In Detroit Oct 24th

I Shunyeuh Was At Marys when I did the post!

MY SHANIA REVIEW AT DETROIT MICH. PALACE AUBURN HILLS..
Starts out something like this.. there was alot of stuff that happened at this concert. that was SWEETTT like where we were sitting we got to see MUTT, he was right near where we were sitting we got to see him and face view which he isn't bad looking at all... (esp in person).. that was right before the concert started.. I love how at the beginning of miflaw where the band members started played and they had an out line of Shania but, she wasn't there.. we got to see the area where she came out from but since it was so dark we only got to see her as she was heading up the stairs to the stage.
Most of the people there had no clue about that.. now on to the awesome part of the show.. Mary and I bought a bouquet of peach roses with the stusofc button on it to give shania during the concert , I asked the security guy before the concert if i could give them to her he said nope and made it sound like all the roses that she gets were not for her and that she wouldnt get them and that the security were the only ones allowed to give them to her... As the concert went on and I continued to hold up the sign i made and use the glowsticks... i was watching people go up to the stage and hand her the roses, during the song what a way to wanna be there as 2 girls and their parents standing talking to the guy who seats people to see if they could take their flowers up to the stage to give to Shania so as the song was going on i walked over to the guy to see if i could take our peach roses to the stage to give her.. the guy told the 2 girls to go on up there then he told to to go up with them .. SO AS IM HEADING DOWN THE ISLE THE SECURITY SAID GO A HEAD SHANIA WAS ACCEPTING PEOPLES ROSES AND SIGINING STUFF I WAS THE LAST ONE WHO HAD GOTTEN SOMETHING SIGNED SHE SIGNED MY CONCERT TICKET AND THEN AS SHE WAS LOOKING AT ME STRAIGHT IN THE EYE I WAS LOOKING AT HER TRYING NOT TO FREAK OUT SHE WAS SUCH A SWEETIE AND SO NICE ALL I COULD DO WAS JUST LOOK AT HER IT WAS SO UNEXPLAINABLE CAUSE IT ALL HAPPEN SO FAST :O OMG I WAS SO NERVOUS I HAD ONE FOOT ON THE STEP OF THE STAIRS AND I HANDED SHANIA THE ROSES AS I WAS FREAKING OUT I SAID THESE ARE ESPECIALLY FOR YOU! IT WAS THE AWWE THATS SO SWEET FACE.. SHE NODDED AND SAID THANKS.THAT WAS THE BEST TIME OF MY LIFE.. REACHING UP TO HER TO HAND HER THE ROSES .. THEN I WATCHED LAY THE FLOWERS DOWN ON THE STAGE AAAAAHHHHH OMG DID I ACTUALLY DO THAT! As i heading back to my seat i forgot what i was doing i was listening to wbhybbu? as she was playing that song i was in my own world i took off in the wrong direction so i got lost in the venu during the concert heading back i finally found my seat he rotflmao.
Shania let 2 girls sing shes not just a pretty face with her, she also invited 3 girls up on stage shania read their sign that said its our birthdays.. so she invited them up on stage then the aunt came up with them.. lets see whats next she did the drawing before i went to the stage.. Shania picked the number for the raffle some guy in his 30s not middle age.. won he came up after i was at the stage.. He was so excited that he won to get on stage he got a hug from her and he was doing his (arseno hall) hand motion. Back to Shania She said that she was reading the signs throught the audience... J.D did his drum core performance and she talked about during lgmet that he still cant say it. She Continued on with her medly in the audience of ywml, coo, and when! I Loved her from this moment on performance and my fav any man of mine.. im going too let Mary Tell the Rest of this! After the concert we ran in to TwainCrazy. as we were talking to her Randal From the Band came up to her so we left! then we headed down to meet up with the fanclub memebers.. we also met up with them before the concert also. As she Was singing im outta here and few other song she went downt to the floor and was signing autographs and she reached down from the stage.
Oh and during If out not in it for love im outta here the bandmembers lifted shania up on their shoulders.. Oh and i loved it When she sang When and Anyman of mine.. but when the lights turned off she went in to the audience and sang her medly of songs.. during im rock this country she added detroit in to the list of locations in the song.. oh and she shook her butt durning the song.. she did her shimmying to tdimm during the song rock this country.. the confetti came flying down from the ceiling.. the fireworks were awesome.. then the concert ended after rock this country. she said her thank you’s and goodnight and she left!
One more thing i need to add She wore the Redwings Jersey and bluejeans for the first outfit, then the yellow tank top with black bra and blackspants with the chain, she had black boots with yellow shoelaces, now the 3rd outfit was the pistons shirt with jeans ... She wore the Redwings Jersey when i went to give her our roses!
Sorry This is So Out Of Order! im rembering it as i start to end the review!

Shunyeuh
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pistonsshirt.jpg (18.2 KB, 642 views)

Last edited by Mary R : 10-26-2003 at 01:44 AM.
Old 10-25-2003, 09:33 PM
Board Administrator

Whew...lol

VERY COOL!!

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 10-26-2003, 12:20 AM

Cool review, no worries about the out of order, it just proves how much fun you had and how Shania can really affect her audience. YAY!!! :LMAO

Glad to hear you guys had such a blast. Good for you!!!

I'm havin' me a party!!!
Old 10-26-2003, 12:48 AM

Thanks for the review!
Old 10-26-2003, 01:28 AM
From This Moment On!

Send a message via AIM to Mary R Send a message via MSN to Mary R Send a message via Yahoo to Mary R
WOW! AWESOME is what I have to say about Shania’s concert I went to friday night!

Shania was fantastic!

We got there in plenty of time, hit the souvenir table 1st. Took that stuff out to the car, then returned to wait in line till we could get in. After getting through the gates we met up with a group of fellow Shania fans from the official fan club. Nice group of people. After, we all went our seperate ways and we got to our seats. Was checking things out as we sat looking and yaking, as I was looking back I noticed the area what looked like the sound control, anyway, I couldn’t believe who I saw, it was Mutt! He was busy messing with one of the boards and so forth. He was looking good, blond curly hair and he had on a light red shirt.

I really can’t say much about the opening act, he was ok, just not my cup of tea. All I can say was, that I kept thinking “Gee, I sure hope this guy gets over soon, I want to see & hear Shania”. Seemed like forever before he was done performing.

I knew, of course from everyones post that Shania wasn’t going to be on stage when she opened the show, and I figured she was going to come out back around the area where the sound boards were because there was a curtain off the side there but still, I glanced just for a second or two when I saw the curtain on stage with the silloetts, that was when Shania came out, so of course I missed her, didn’t see her in the isle until she was almost up to the stage.

We had to wait till almost 8:30 before Shania performed. Oh the anticipation! Show time! We hear “Are you ready Detroit?” Screaming, oh so loud! “I said, are you ready Detroit?” Screaming even louder! And so it began! It was fantastic! Everyone was on their feet the place was rocking! Shania came out with a Redwings jersey and jeans on. She asked the crowd what they thought of her top and the crowd let her know with their cheering! She said that they always love performing there in Detroit. The welcome is always great. The second outfit she wore was the one I loved. She had on that pair of satin black cargo pants with a bright yellow tank top with a black bra, and lets not forget about the high top boxer shoes with bright yellow strings. Last outfit Shania had on was the Pistons jersey.

Loved the concert! Shania was great! Of course I was so thrilled when I got to hear her sing my favorite song FTMO. Beautiful! And seeing Shania singing TWIM up there in the stands was definately a real high point, that was just awesome!

I can’t believe that the crowd on the floor had the nerve to sit down as much as they did during the concert. Of course I don’t suppose those in back of me were too thrilled that I stayed on my feet. Shania was walking around the stage reading a few of the signs, found one about someone hoping that she could make her birthday even better (or something to that sort) by getting to get up on stage to get their picture taken with her. Shania said, sure, I guess we can do that. So they made their way on up as Shania read more of the posters. I do believe that there were 2 girls that came on up that were having a birthday. They both got their pictures taken with Shania.

When Shania was singing I think it was “She Not Just A Pretty Face” she went down on the floor and she let two girls sing some of the lines. They did half way decent!

We had picked up a presentation bouquet ( 3 peach roses) before we headed up to the concert, wasn’t sure if we’d be able to get it to her but was going to try. Well, Jessica made her way up there to do just that, and succeded! She got Shania’s autograph too! Way to go, was happy for her. In fact, I was so into the concert that I didn’t even notice when she made her way up there.

So enjoyed hearing the medly, When was the 1st song that she sang of that, Come on Over, You Win My Love and I think another to which I for the life of me can’t remember what it was.

I could see Shania pretty much most the time except those times when she went on the other side of the lower part of the stage, but then of course one could watch her on the large screens.

JD’s drum show was great! What a great way to entertain the audience while Shania snuck up into the stands to sing TWIM. So glad Shania sang the pop version of TDIMM! That was just awesome! Was real glad that Shania sang TYB too, love it! Was dancing to that one for sure! Heck, got to tell you, I was singing and dancing to most of the upbeat ones!

When Shania came back out for the encore, I was surpised that the crowd stayed on their feet as she sang YSTO. Awesome! I was so proud that we all did that! When Rock This Country started I knew that was it. And man was the place really rocking! That was quite a lot of streamers and confetti! Purple & white, with a little silver too, not to mention all the pyrotechnics that was going on! Shania Thank you for giving me the best 2 hours plus of entertainment! I didn’t want it to end! Can’t wait till I can go to my next concert! Shania, you are the best! Love ya!

I wasn’t the closest so my pictures didn’t turn out the best, my digital camera didn’t want to work too great with those bright lights I guess. Hope that someone that was close will share! The security was tight about the camera’s, I heard that people were getting their camera’s taken from them. Bummer.

Mary R
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fafa.jpg (19.1 KB, 545 views)
Old 10-26-2003, 01:31 AM
From This Moment On!

Performing TWIM..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg twim*.jpg (22.2 KB, 530 views)
Old 10-26-2003, 01:34 AM
From This Moment On!

A screen shot...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screen.jpg (10.6 KB, 524 views)
Old 10-26-2003, 01:35 AM
Administrator

Thank you Mary and Jess for the great reviews and pics! Way to go Jess for giving Shania the roses!
Old 10-26-2003, 01:37 AM
From This Moment On!

another of TWIM....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg twim3jpg.jpg (13.2 KB, 561 views)
Old 10-26-2003, 01:41 AM

Thanks again Mary and Jess for the great pics and reviews.

Congrats Jess on the autograph and giving the roses. YAY!!!

I'm havin' me a party!!!
Old 10-26-2003, 01:07 AM

Wohooooo, so happy for the both of you!!!!
Old 10-26-2003, 01:54 AM
tower

Thank you Girls for those two wonderful revue's. So much excitement and fun and pleasure, such a great read. I have only seen Shania the once live, (July 12th Hyde Park) so I have my ticket for the Glasgow Feb 22nd event booked and soon will be posting just like you!

I am so glad you both had so much fun and WAY to GO Natasha (twaincrazy) meeting up with the Band again. I was privileged to meet Natasha and her Mum at the 2003 Worldwide Shania Twain Fan Convention in Timmins where she autographed her famous print of the painting she presented to Shania in her "Man I feel like a Woman" video outfit for me and signed it "forever and always" Natasha, which I thought was really sweet.

So my mission when Shania comes to the UK is to go to as many concerts as I can afford and get Shania to sign that precious print for me as well! Now that would be a collectors item, and a treasure I would value above all.

Richard from the boards has already got his print signed so there is hope. He got a big HUG from Shania on stage as well which made his heart melt. I think he is still high in Shanialand as I write

Last edited by tower : 10-26-2003 at 02:01 AM.
Old 10-26-2003, 03:04 AM

Send a message via MSN to chicker
wow - tahnks for the review... sounds like you had an awesome time
Make all our hearts blind to colors
Old 10-26-2003, 03:57 PM

Send a message via AIM to resessions
Quote:
Originally posted by tower
I have my ticket for the Glasgow Feb 22nd event booked and soon will be posting just like you!

Richard from the boards has already got his print signed so there is hope. He got a big HUG from Shania on stage as well which made his heart melt. I think he is still high in Shanialand as I write

Boy o Boy would it ever be fun to rock out at the Glasgow concert with Tom! I envy the persons who have seats next to his......maybe i'll hafta take out a second mortgage on the home to get out to that concert.

It was a great highlight for me to have Shania sign my TwainCrazy (Natasha) print thats for sure. I know what you meant when you couldn't hardly do anything else when Shania smiled at you Mary..... that happened to me too.
Old 10-26-2003, 04:47 PM
cross-stitching nut

Thank you so much for the terrific reviews and pictures!!!! I can't wait until I get to see the concert Dec. 7 in Vancouver!

"Find Your Self Esteem And Be Forever Free To Dream" - Shania Twain
Post New Thread Reply