Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[] Still the One in Vegas!
[] Shania on Spanish TV
[] Shania on French TV
[] Shania in TIME!
[] Shania on Today Show
[] Shania at Grey Cup
[] Shania on Late Show
[] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[]Chatroom
[] Board Members Pics
[] Timmins Trip Photos!
[] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > North American Tour: Summer 2015
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 11-21-2003, 12:54 PM

Universal Studios to Houston

Since I live in Southern California and want every opportunity to see Shania this year, I bought a ticket to the VH1 Big in 03 "concert" at Universal Studios. My plan was to go to this event, then head on to LAX Airport to catch a flight to Houston to visit one of my brothers and take in the Shania concert in both Houston and Dallas this weekend. (Yes, I'm flying to Dallas on Sunday just for the concert.)

Okay, so first the report on the VH1 show. Basically it is an "awards" show where VH1 decided to award their picks of what they term "big" happenings in 2003. For instance there was an award for "biggest gay hero of 2003". So, in between these award presentations VH1 style, there were musical performances. It won't show on the TV but Kid Rock's fireworks nearly set the stage on fire. There were folks on both sides of the stage behind his band using fire extinquishers to put out the fires at the end of his set. I left after Shania's performance, and she didn't appear until 1/2 way into the show. Which for this type of taping was nearly 2 1/2 hours from the scheduled concert time. I was getting worried about making my 1:30 AM flight. But, I stayed anyway! And I'm glad I did. She sang "I'm Gonna Getcha Good" and had her whole band with her. The men in the audience seemed to really appreciate her attire. She wore white pants, with what looked to be a dark tiger print bra with an open white jacket. Let's just say I'm sure the men enjoyed seeing the noticable bounce of Shania. It was hard to tell whether she still suffers from a cold. I thought maybe she did because it seemed to me she had a bit of trouble on the higher vocal parts. But, she sounded wonderful!

Basically, the VH1 show isn't something I'd run to watch, but its worth catching Shania and band. The folks who introduced her messed up so they had to run through it a second time. That caused a small misshap with the lights in regard to Shania (came on her before she was actually introduced). But as always Shania shines through!

So, after she pats some hands, and thanks the audience and leaves with the band, I pick myself up and head to the airport. I'm driving to the airport thinking what a kick it would be if Shania and crew were on my flight. It was afterall the last flight out of LA to Houston that night. Then I figured they'd surely be flying a private jet so I didn't get my hopes up.

Well, this huge 757 plane turned out to be a full flight (at 1:30 in the morning) and there were lots of kids on the flight. Guess the late night is the best time to travel with kids....they all seemed to sleep (thankfully!! ). Once I got my uncomfortable middle seat I started checking out the other oncoming passengers. I of course was at the rear of the plane as those were the less expensive seats. And to my surprise, Roddy walks past my row of seats, apparently to use the on board facilities. Then, I notice others boarding that I recognize. Hardy, JD, Allison, Cory, Brent...I couldn't even think of all their names! And before anyone goes wild, NO, Shania was not on the flight. I presume she and family either travel via privately or certainly at least separately from the band. Well, I wasn't about to bother any of the band during the flight...besides, the seatbelt lights were on most of the time. But I finally got my chance after we landed in Houston. I happened upon Allison walking through the terminal towards baggage. So I decided to chat a bit with her. Nice lady. Willing to make conversation. I told her I had just seen them perform at Universal (she laughed...that was apparently one of the zip in, do their thing and zip out type of "performance"). She said she had continued on the Cindi Lauper tour during the couple weeks they were off from Shania's tour. She didn't know if Shania still suffered from a cold...said Shania mentioned briefly something about her neck bothering her but her throat seemed better. As Allison stated, she certainly doesn't share a dressing room with Shania and pretty much only sees her on stage mostly now (certainly at Universal).

We ran into Cory and Hardy in our quest for the baggage claim area. Cory was willing to converse so once we got directions to the baggage area we chatted a bit more. Cory's version of the Gatlin Bros' song "Houston" was delightful. Well, that was basically it. When we got to the baggage area I wished them well and said I looked forward to seeing them on stage in Houston and Dallas. I received a nice handshake and well wish from Allison. :cool:

Well, it wasn't Shania herself, but I was happy. Just thought I'd share my experience with you all!

Linda
Old 11-21-2003, 02:00 PM

Send a message via MSN to chicker
wow thats great... you must have been over the moon

thanx for sharing
Make all our hearts blind to colors
Old 11-21-2003, 02:28 PM
Administrator

WOW! Great story Linda! How lucky was that? Get ready to see Shania in concert tonight!!!
It's funny that the bouncing discussion comes back.... .......
Old 11-21-2003, 04:52 PM
Board Administrator

COOL!!!!!

We'll have to check out the Shania bounce when the show airs..lol

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 11-21-2003, 07:30 PM
Board Administrator

Shania sure picked a great band!

-Chris

Old 11-21-2003, 11:28 PM

Hey Rockers!!

I'm writing to you from the dressing room at the Toyota Center in Houston, TX.

This is a beautiful venue. We had a blast tonight. It was so great to get back up there after a long break and rock for the fans again. It's such a joy and we're all very thankful to be up there with Shania.

Thanks to all you Houstonians who were there tonight. You all truly jammed. Give me a shout and say hello at my website.

Peace,
B.B. Barcus
mileyandbb

http://www.shaniaforums.com/showthr... threadid=26336
Old 11-21-2003, 11:32 PM

It's such a joy and we're all very thankful to be up there with Shania.

I think they also missed her a little during the break- they obviously love being back in action with her.
Old 11-21-2003, 11:37 PM
Board Administrator

Her band is a great group of people! I hope one day they record an album with her.

-Chris

Old 11-22-2003, 07:59 AM

LindaB

Wow you got to meet one of Shania Twains band Allison! From your description she sounds a little road weary! It is a relief to hear that Shania Twain is feeling better! I think her cold started at the MCI Center Tour! Because I noticed initially then that Shania had trouble with the high notes! She did okay once she got started! Had to clear the throat! This cold if you get it likes to hang on to you! The only way to get rid of it is to get a deep restfull sleep! That is pretty hard to do for Shania while she is on the road touring! But Shania is a real fighter she has not stopped even though she had to make a few cancelations because of her cold! But Shania's band is reall cool I saw them at the MCI center! They are a class act together and really do know how to make Shania Twain look good while having a great time together!

Benjamin
Old 11-22-2003, 11:34 AM

WOW!! How cool was that Linda!!!

Thanks for the Big in 03 scoop and the flight story with the band!
I think most of us think the band is awesome and it was great you got to chat with a few of them!

Hope you enjoy your concerts.
Old 11-22-2003, 03:26 PM

Houston Concert was great

As expected, Shania's Houston concert was wonderful! I had a great time, even going alone to it. You really can't have a bad seat, except for some of the floor seats. At least on the floor (where I was, 6 rows back on the isle) you can have the opportunity to approach the stage for a hand pat or autograph. She didn't do too much of either last night though. I think it was the policy of the Toyota Center to keep most people away from the stage. The only trouble I can see with some floor seats is that if you get stuck behind someone really big, then there could be a problem. I was glad I was on the isle, as I could step out to get around the guy in front of me.

She sat up in the audience to sing "The Woman in Me" and then walked right by me to return to the stage. She looked and sounded great! I think maybe she is over her cold. She seemed to have no trouble hitting every single note.

Allison recognized me and gave me a wave. I was sad when it was over. Looking forward now to the Dallas show on Sunday!!!

Gotta get back to my studies.

Linda
Old 11-22-2003, 05:23 PM
Administrator

Keep going Linda! Shania's concerts are the greatest....you will be energetic yourself for quite a while..
Old 11-23-2003, 09:51 AM
cross-stitching nut

Linda - your story about the VH1 show was a kick. Of course I told Jack about the 'bounce' and like Chris he is looking foward to watching it. That is so neat that you got to be with the band and that Allison was so nice - it is obvious why her boss picked her. I'm so glad that Shania seemed better at the Houston concert. Hopefully that will be her last cold for a long while.

"Find Your Self Esteem And Be Forever Free To Dream" - Shania Twain
Old 11-23-2003, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by cbspock
Her band is a great group of people! I hope one day they record an album with her.

-Chris

I feel the same way Chris! Mutt and Shania Twain should invite her band over for the clear honor to do her next album with her!
Hope they don't mind veggies! Heh! Heh!

Benjamin
Old 11-23-2003, 03:19 PM

Re: Houston Concert was great

Quote:
Originally posted by LindaB
She sat up in the audience to sing "The Woman in Me" and then walked right by me to return to the stage. She looked and sounded great
Linda
Thanks again Linda for the UPdate!!

I soooooooo hope she continues the tradition of singing TWIM from the audience in Europe shows too.. although I'm fearing that just might be something that could get cut for Europe.. but hopefully not!!!!!!