PDA

View Full Version : Luckey enough to get floor seats?

ShAnIaTwAiNkIxAsSAAF!
08-20-2003, 03:08 PM
I was just wondering if anyone was lucky enough to get floor seats from the pre-sale? I tried the fastest I could for the Hamilton show but was only offered sec. 107 row 4. There is no possible way I could have did it faster. I have to try tonight for the Ottawa show at 6:00 p.m.

Loonie Echo
08-20-2003, 03:21 PM
:)

I also logged on right at 4pm for Hamilton pre-sale.
I also got Sec 107, Row 4

I just might be sitting next to you!

For Toronto, I got Sec 119, Row 21

Both tickets look like their in the middle, which is good.
It's good to be a little elevated so you can see everything.

I still would like to maybe 'trade' one ticket and upgrade to
floors if I can.
;)

TonyB
08-20-2003, 03:55 PM
I also logged on as quickly as I could at 4:00, but only got Sec. 107, row 7.

ShAnIaTwAiNkIxAsSAAF!
08-20-2003, 03:58 PM
I didn't end up accepting the ticket because it wasn't a floor seat. I will just have to see how the Ottawa pre-sale goes... are you trying for that also? Since I am from Ottawa even if I don't get a floor seat... I am taking it anyway. They must not be selling floor seats for us because it is impossible... especially since were both fan club members and we got next to each other when we tried.

ShAnIaTwAiNkIxAsSAAF!
08-20-2003, 03:59 PM
Who else is trying for the Ottawa show besides Roger from the Fan Club?

ShAnIaTwAiNkIxAsSAAF!
08-20-2003, 05:15 PM
I'M ROW 10 ON THE FLOOR... I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS... I'M SO EXCITED... I DON'T THINK I CAN WORK...

Roger
08-20-2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by ShAnIaTwAiNkIxAsSAAF!
I'M ROW 10 ON THE FLOOR... I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS... I'M SO EXCITED... I DON'T THINK I CAN WORK...

Hey Kim!! I'm on the 10th row of the floor too. What section are you in? I am in section G.

About section 107 at Copps Coliseum, you should not have been so fast to reject it. Here is what Lyn had to say on the official messageboard:

"Roger my friend works at Copps and she is trying to get us Section 107! The reason you were charged full price is because some of Tier 1 is considered top seating. She had that section for the DC 2 weeks ago who also did their concert in the round and she said they were great seats. Slightly elevated and you could see the whole stage unlike a lot of people on the floor.
Hope this helps
Lyn"

Roger

FV
08-20-2003, 07:37 PM
Congratulations to all!:BL

Shunyeuh
08-20-2003, 07:59 PM
congrats

ill post when i get mine tomorrow:D

HeatherG
08-20-2003, 08:01 PM
Hi
Good for you Roger

Lyn I hope got tickets.
I went to ticket master & they are not selling till Fri. & phoned.

Heather G:confused:

Roger
08-20-2003, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by HeatherG
Hi
Good for you Roger

Lyn I hope got tickets.
I went to ticket master & they are not selling till Fri. & phoned.

Heather G:confused:

Actually, I have now upgraded to slightly better seats for the Ottawa show.

Are you not buying through the fan club, Heather? Or are you not a member? Which city are you buying for?

Roger

cbspock
08-20-2003, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Roger
Actually, I have now upgraded to slightly better seats for the Ottawa show.

Are you not buying through the fan club, Heather? Or are you not a member? Which city are you buying for?

Roger

How did you get the better seats???

-Chris

Roger
08-20-2003, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by cbspock
How did you get the better seats???

-Chris

So far it is no great secret. Buy tickets in collaboration with other fans. If you all buy more than you need and are willing to sell to each other, you take the best for yourselves and sell off the rest (at cost of course - we are not in this to make a profit).

As for other tricks, sorry. I don't give all my tricks away.

Roger

Shunyeuh
08-20-2003, 10:54 PM
now what seats u have now:confused:

Roger
08-21-2003, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by Shunyeuh
now what seats u have now:confused:

Two rows closer.

Roger

Shunyeuh
08-21-2003, 08:56 AM
i got my Tickets... They Seem To Be Good Seats For Palace Of Auburn Hills....:)

im glad ur happy!

Cause i am:D

ShAnIaTwAiNkIxAsSAAF!
08-21-2003, 09:33 AM
Hey Roger... are you sec B now? I noticed they are still selling floor seats now. I'm gonna just stick with my 10th row... I honestly was shaking so bad that I don't remember much... I just hope I filled out the right information for it to send. When I got to the ticketing page... and click on seat or detail or anything nothing will come up... hope this is normal? As for giving the Hamilton one away... I was also thinking because I remember at the Dixie Chicks concert... when they faced the side of the stage it was if they were front row. I just really would perfer the floor seats. Plus I would of still had to find a way to get to the show. I would really like to meet you before the show Roger. KyMm

Roger
08-21-2003, 09:51 AM
Hey Roger... are you sec B now? I noticed they are still selling floor seats now. I'm gonna just stick with my 10th row... I honestly was shaking so bad that I don't remember much... I just hope I filled out the right information for it to send. When I got to the ticketing page... and click on seat or detail or anything nothing will come up... hope this is normal? As for giving the Hamilton one away... I was also thinking because I remember at the Dixie Chicks concert... when they faced the side of the stage it was if they were front row. I just really would perfer the floor seats. Plus I would of still had to find a way to get to the show. I would really like to meet you before the show Roger. KyMm

Nope, now I will be in E now, the other side of the floor from you.

I'll contact you before the concert to work out how we can meet.

Roger

Shunyeuh
08-21-2003, 09:54 AM
im still shaking...:p

AngelGuy
08-21-2003, 10:13 AM
Mellon Arena, Floor 1, Row G for me.

Oh yes, I'm a happy little Angel.

:) :)

cbspock
08-21-2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by AngelGuy

Sounds like the OFC is coming up with good seats, compared to what happened to the chicks fans.

-Chris

ShAnIaTwAiNkIxAsSAAF!
08-21-2003, 10:25 AM
I got front row center for the Dixie Chicks... really like Natalie Maines. It was Sec B on the Floor, Row 1, seat 14. If I had that seat for Shania I would die... but then again, I'm close enough this time... better than my Juno seats by far... and even better then the March 17th/ 99 concert I went to were I paid a scaulper from Manitoba to drive tickets to me here in Ottawa (lived in Cape Breton then)... that was a Floor seat aswell, Row 22 Sec C... they were still awesome aswell!!! It cost ALOT of money...

cbspock
08-21-2003, 10:29 AM
BREAKING NEWS FROM Long Island....

Just heard on the radio..this weekend our AC station is running contests for Shania tickets!!! WHOOHOO!!! and the Coliseum just put up this bulletin....

Breaking News
TICKETS FOR SHANIA TWAIN GO ON SALE MONDAY, AUGUST 25TH AT 10AM THROUGH TICKETMASTER. REMAINING TICKETS WILL BE AVAILABLE AT THE COLISEUM BOX OFFICE ON TUESDAY, AUGUST 26TH.

THE CONCERT IS SCHEDULED FOR SUNDAY, OCTOBER 12TH AT 7:30PM AND TICKETS ARE $48, $68 & $83 WITH AN 8 TICKET LIMIT.

----
The OFC has tickets on pre-sale tomorrow.

-Chris

FV
08-21-2003, 10:31 AM

Hi-five me Angel, I need a bit of that luck at 1 PM..:)

Shunyeuh
08-21-2003, 10:44 AM
Good Luck FV!:D

Shunyeuh
08-21-2003, 10:45 AM
i liked the seat i got but not sure where they at in detroit but i got tickets they Sec J Row 4 seats 16&17

BlueJill
08-21-2003, 11:05 AM
Good luck FV & the others getting tickets today!!

For all of those who got floor seats, how'd you do it? Were you already logged in on the fan club site, or at the specific time, did you go and log in? You guys gotta help out the little people now!

Take care!
Much Love,
Jill

resessions
08-21-2003, 11:23 AM
I got floor seat at Mellon in PIT too...woohoo. Blue jill, if you get a message saying that there aren't any seat's for the floor you just go back and retry.....it worked for me....it eventually will open up to the floor seats...keep trying. :)

I'm staying at the Marriott hotel which is across the street from the Mellon center.
we all getting together there before and/or after the concert??? :)

=Richard=

Roger
08-21-2003, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by BlueJill
Good luck FV & the others getting tickets today!!

For all of those who got floor seats, how'd you do it? Were you already logged in on the fan club site, or at the specific time, did you go and log in? You guys gotta help out the little people now!

Take care!
Much Love,
Jill

Go to the ticketing page well ahead of time, like hours, and don't leave it in case you would have trouble getting back in. When it gets to one or two minutes before the hour start refreshing every few seconds but not more often than every three or four seconds. As soon as your concert appears (and the list of places is getting longer now so you will have to look carefully), click on it. Don't waste on the delivery method go ahead as fast as you can. Type the info in as fast as you can without making mistakes (hard to do if your hands are shaking). To save time you might copy your VISA number into your computer so you can just paste it in when the time comes for greater speed.

Even so floor seats may not be available. So I would take whatever you can get. As FV said, a not so good seat is better than no seat. You may want to try later for a floor seat as they sometimes load more floor seats later but then you will have excess tickets and so, since all sales are final, you will want to sell the tickets you don't want. But don't sell at a profit. Quite apart from the ethics of this, this is scalping which is against the terms and conditions of membership in the official fan club.

JMO

Roger

AngelGuy
08-21-2003, 11:46 AM
*hi-fives FV*

Good luck to everyone who's trying!

My tickets went on sale at 11 AM. I was at my computer at 10:55, on the Fanclub Ticketing screen, and I just hit refresh every so often. Around 11:01 AM, the Pittsburgh venue was listed on that page, I clicked on it, and my floor tickets showed up. I didn't have to back-track or try multiple times. I guess I just got really lucky the first time.

I'm sure I'll meet other Shania fans at the show. The more the merrier! :)

Roger
08-21-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by FV
Hi-five me Angel, I need a bit of that luck at 1 PM..:)

Good luck but if you want tix for the DC concert, it has been put back to 3 p.m.

Roger

DOC BILL
08-21-2003, 12:00 PM
I got 2 tickets in the W iglo 1 area at Mellon area, Pittsburgh. Deb and I also got 6 others in the B 21 level/area. Hopefully the W Iglu area will be OK. Hope to meet others there. Are You Ready Pittsburgh????? You bet! DOC

HeatherG
08-21-2003, 12:08 PM
Hi

I need to get 3 tickets for the Copps.

FV
08-21-2003, 12:45 PM
*hi-fives FV*
Thank you Angel, it kept me alive during the 17 minutes of agonizing I went through...LOL!
They updated the page one minute earlier..but it took me 14 minutes to get any seat at all..and the first time I got the Reserved 2 level which I rejected because AngelGuy hifived me..I knew I could get a Reserved 1 level (kids at home trying to get tickets, DO NOT DO like FV did..:))
Well the good news is that 3 minutes after I gave away the Reserved 2 seat I got a Reserved 1 ticket, the bad news is that I have no clue where this seat is on the seating chart!:eek: LOL!:BL I got the $80 seat LOGE3 Row 10, but there is no such thing on the Boston seating chart for the round stage type of thing...:confused: so at first I doublechecked the chart:
http://www.fleetcenter.com/seatmaps/seat-centerstage-map.gif

But I did not see it...so I had this scary thought: Did I hit Boston or Minneapolis?:lookout So I looked at my email confirmation, but it does not say the city..lol..so I went back and checked my ticket status online at the Official Fan Club..and yes I got Boston! :BL LOL!
So now..I am VERY HAPPY I got a Reserved 1 seat, but I do not where exactly that seat is..maybe on Shania's bus?:p :King

Roger
08-21-2003, 12:51 PM
Way to go, FV!!

Roger

FV
08-21-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by DOC BILL
I got 2 tickets in the W iglo 1 area at Mellon area, Pittsburgh.
The Igloo sectors at Mellon looked really good, you will get a GREAT view of the stage..:BL

Joni
08-21-2003, 01:08 PM
Man, this ticket buying is gonna be nerve racking:( But the results will be worth it!

Joni

cbspock
08-21-2003, 01:12 PM
It seems like the OFC is coming through with good seats, atleast they got this part right HEY1

-Chris

Roger
08-21-2003, 01:23 PM
It seems like the OFC is coming through with good seats, atleast they got this part right HEY1

-Chris

I agree Chris (surprise!!..LOL). How they handled the ticket issue was make or break for me as far as continuing with the fan club is concerned.

Roger

Shunyeuh
08-21-2003, 01:31 PM
You Guys Remeber the stage is a round stage....:p

Cool Congrats FV

Shunyeuh
08-21-2003, 01:42 PM
here is what mine says SHANIA TWAIN 2 TICKETS RESERVED LEVEL 1 sec j row 4 seats 16&17

Roger
08-21-2003, 02:18 PM
Okay, I take back my approval of the ticketing process. I have been trying to get tickets for the MCI concert for byrdman. I have bought for three concerts before and no one is faster than I am and my computer and internet connections are very fast. Yet even though I got through within 5 seconds of the MCI concert coming up I still was told there were no floor seats and, in fact, no seats at reserved level 2 either. I will keep trying but something is wrong here. I feel so bad for byrdman.

Roger

Tee
08-21-2003, 02:26 PM

Mellon Arena for me too!! Floor 17, Row H, seats 1 and 2. Also, Floor 32, Row M, seats 11 & 12. Perhaps we could meet up before the show!!

cbspock
08-21-2003, 02:39 PM
Okay, I take back my approval of the ticketing process. I have been trying to get tickets for the MCI concert for byrdman. I have bought for three concerts before and no one is faster than I am and my computer and internet connections are very fast. Yet even though I got through within 5 seconds of the MCI concert coming up I still was told there were no floor seats and, in fact, no seats at reserved level 2 either. I will keep trying but something is wrong here. I feel so bad for byrdman.

Roger

I saw some sort of note for the MCI center, problems with the arena ticketing.

-Chris

shaniawarrior
08-21-2003, 02:45 PM
I'm happy that the rest of you have made out so well with your seats. And FV, who knows...maybe you're right smack dab on the stage. LOL

A HYPER Shania fan,
Desiree

EDIT: I HEAVILY edited this post cause uh, at the time I posted it, I was quite, um, angry. LOL So yeah, I took it down a notch. :p

shaniawarrior
08-21-2003, 03:00 PM
Hmmm..okay yep I'm a lil scared now...it says I have no ordered tickets, but then I remember reading someone else's page said that too. Sooo...I guess they didn't update the page yet as far as who has what tickets? Roger...any luck yet?

A HYPER Shania fan,
Desiree

P.S.<--oookay, yep I've calmed down now and take back all the bad stuff I said in my previous post. Man do I have a temper or what? lol

Roger
08-21-2003, 03:01 PM
I saw some sort of note for the MCI center, problems with the arena ticketing.

-Chris

Where did you see this note, Chris, and what does this have to do with the fan club allotment of seats?

Roger

Roger
08-21-2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by shaniawarrior
Roger...any luck yet?

A HYPER Shania fan,
Desiree

P.S.<--oookay, yep I've calmed down now and take back all the bad stuff I said in my previous post. Man do I have a temper or what? lol

Nope. Still nothing. We gotta go out. I'll keep trying until we go out and after we get back. Don't worry about your temper, warrior. You didn't want to be in the room while the system was frustrating me!!

Roger

Roger
08-21-2003, 03:12 PM
@#$%&*&^%$#!!!!! Now they are only offering Reserved level 2! Yet that is all gone too. What's the difference?

Roger

Steve F
08-21-2003, 03:13 PM
Well, might as well tell you my story.

I, like all the rest of you, have been sitting on the edge of my seat for Ottawa for days. Then it got moved from the 19th @ 3:00 p.m. to the 20th @ 4:00 p.m. Okay, I can live with it, but then it got changed again to 6:00 p.m. instead of 4:00 p.m. Okay, I can deal with that too. Now it's 5:30. I decide to log off the Net to grab a sandwich and let my wife make any calles she wants for about 20 minutes. Of course I have a modem hookup. Now it's 5:50 and time to get back on. There has been no problem all through this time period. I have a great Internet service, so no problem, right? WRONG!!!! I try and try and can't get logged on. 6:00 p.m. comrs and goes, no internet. So, I call my provider. They tell me they had an outage due in part to the Blackout and are trying to get service restored. NICE TIMING!!! I know it's not their fault, but now I am not feeling good about things. So, I wait until about 10 after 7:00 p.m., and lo and behold it's working. Just for the heck of it I go in and do my thing. I can't believe it. I ask for Rsvd 1 and it comes up with FLR F, Row 8, (12 &13). The of all things. Then I fill out all the good stuff and tell if to process. It churns and churns and comes up with an error message. What do I have to do to make this work, I think to myself? I decide to try again knowing full well I can probably kiss those tickets goodbye, but I don't believe it, it comes up with the same tickets, nobody got them!!!!!! This time it works and I have confirmation for FLR F, Row 8...................... :eek: :eek: :eek: :cool: :)

Steve

FV
08-21-2003, 03:17 PM
Okay, I take back my approval of the ticketing process. I have been trying to get tickets for the MCI concert for byrdman. I have bought for three concerts before and no one is faster than I am and my computer and internet connections are very fast. Yet even though I got through within 5 seconds of the MCI concert coming up I still was told there were no floor seats and, in fact, no seats at reserved level 2 either. I will keep trying but something is wrong here.
Nothing wrong, just many people trying to get those same seats..it was exactly the same for me for Boston (which is the only date in New England)...for larger cities like DC it will always be more difficult to get through..the tickets are there, you just need to keep trying..I mean really stay at your computer for a couple of hours since the very beginning just submitting the request..eventually it will go through, but there is no promise which ticket you will get..also, if you try to get more than 2 tickets it will be more difficult..remember that the computer assigns seats that are close to each other..:rolleyes:
Today someone posted on the Official messageboard that they got floor seats for the show in Ottawa ..a day later.so just keep trying...if you believe you'll never get them, you indeed will never get them..you know what I mean?

Roger
08-21-2003, 03:23 PM
So while Ontario teetered on the brink of another crash and blackouts this week, it is the people in Maine who sailed through the continent-wide blackout who were held up this time. Go figure!

Yep, Steve, Bryce and I agonized together online and by phone over various concerts. I'm still at it today for byrdman and tomorrow I have another avenue to try and get even better seats. I will be so glad when the ticketing business is all over. I am a nervous wreck!

Roger

shaniawarrior
08-21-2003, 03:42 PM
Woooo congrats Steve!!!!! :Bthumb I'm happy to hear you got such good seats after such problems! I'll keep on trying and trying until my finger can't click the button anymore. LOL Gotta hope for the best and just think "It can only go UP from here!"

A HYPER Shania fan,
Desiree

cbspock
08-21-2003, 03:42 PM
On the ticketmaster site, they like NYC and NJ concerts as going on pre-sale at 12 tomorrow. Wish I had access to that.

MSG, Coliseum, and the NJ....the three dens of theives when it comes to tickets in my area. MSG locks a minimum of 3000 tickets up for businesses, and radio stations.....GRRRRR

-Chris

AngelGuy
08-21-2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Tee
Mellon Arena for me too!! Floor 17, Row H, seats 1 and 2. Also, Floor 32, Row M, seats 11 & 12. Perhaps we could meet up before the show!!

Sounds good. :) I plan on being there nice and early so I'll have plenty of time to mingle. :GL

Floor 17 is on the opposite corner of Floor 1. Floor 32 is right next to Floor 1. My seats are 11 & 12, so I won't be too far from your Floor 32 seats.

BTW, do you know of any other Mellon Arena seating charts? I'm using the one on their website, but it doesn't really go into alot of detail. I'd like to see something that actually shows the seating rows if possible.

And my ticket-buying experience only took about 4 or 5 minutes tops. I kind of feel guilty that things worked so easy for me!

Roger
08-21-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by FV
Nothing wrong, just many people trying to get those same seats..it was exactly the same for me for Boston (which is the only date in New England)...for larger cities like DC it will always be more difficult to get through..the tickets are there, you just need to keep trying..I mean really stay at your computer for a couple of hours since the very beginning just submitting the request..eventually it will go through, but there is no promise which ticket you will get..also, if you try to get more than 2 tickets it will be more difficult..remember that the computer assigns seats that are close to each other..:rolleyes:
Today someone posted on the Official messageboard that they got floor seats for the show in Ottawa ..a day later.so just keep trying...if you believe you'll never get them, you indeed will never get them..you know what I mean?

I think you are telling me that when they say "There are no longer enough seats to fill your request", they don't really mean that. They mean "Our computer is overwhelmed and can't process an order for you". If that is so, why can't they be more honest and say so? To say there are no longer enough seats could discourage someone from trying again.

Oh, I will try again and again and again. Yep, we have seen floor seats go after time has passed, like Steve getting his floor seats in Ottawa at about 7:30 p.m.

Roger

cbspock
08-21-2003, 04:08 PM
I think you are telling me that when they say "There are no longer enough seats to fill your request", they don't really mean that. They mean "Our computer is overwhelmed and can't process an order for you". If that is so, why can't they be more honest and say so? To say there are no longer enough seats could discourage someone from trying again.

Oh, I will try again and again and again. Yep, we have seen floor seats go after time has passed, like Steve getting his floor seats in Ottawa at about 7:30 p.m.

Roger

Talk to the sales people, us computer geeks only put in the "error" messages they want us to. :p

-Chris

Roger
08-21-2003, 04:10 PM
Just got through - section 103 - disappointing but he's in the door. I had not seen the complete removal of Reserved level 1 before so I assumed that this time there may not be any more floor seats added.

Roger

Tee
08-21-2003, 04:14 PM
I have to say, I am happy with what I got, BUT, I am not happy with the fact that there are at least six sets of tickets available on Ebay just for Pittsburgh alone. One of the sets aution is up today, and it was a five day listing, plus this person is from FLORIDA, how the heck did they get their hands on this???? I am really frustrated with this whole ticketing business!! I reported this to the Official club, and they emailed me, with a response that they would check into it, however, will I ever know, probably not!! Can you tell I am really peeved about this!!!

FV
08-21-2003, 04:14 PM
They mean "Our computer is overwhelmed and can't process an order for you".
No, it means the computer will process a certain number of requests per second only, otherwise there is the possibility of hacking into the server...and then you can kiss bye bye to secrecy of your credit card info as you are typing it in ..:rolleyes:

FV
08-21-2003, 04:20 PM
Hmmm..okay yep I'm a lil scared now...it says I have no ordered tickets, but then I remember reading someone else's page said that too.
Warrior, did you get a confirmation email for the seats you bought? You need to have that confirmation email...otherwise it may mean that the sale did not get through..:(

Tee
08-21-2003, 04:21 PM
Sounds good. :) I plan on being there nice and early so I'll have plenty of time to mingle. :GL

Floor 17 is on the opposite corner of Floor 1. Floor 32 is right next to Floor 1. My seats are 11 & 12, so I won't be too far from your Floor 32 seats.

BTW, do you know of any other Mellon Arena seating charts? I'm using the one on their website, but it doesn't really go into alot of detail. I'd like to see something that actually shows the seating rows if possible.

And my ticket-buying experience only took about 4 or 5 minutes tops. I kind of feel guilty that things worked so easy for me!

Don't feel guilty, you got really LUCKY!!! The only seating chart I was able to find too, was on their website. I would say the floor starts with row A, and then the next level starts with AA through FF or so, and then it will start with A. That's the way most venues I have been to are. Look forward to meeting up with you at Mellon!!!

FV
08-21-2003, 04:21 PM
I kind of feel guilty that things worked so easy for me!
You are AngelGuy after all...;) but you can always pay us who had the troubles a donut...:p :D

Shunyeuh
08-21-2003, 04:49 PM
dave aka nds had the same probs.. he wanted floor seats for grand rapids mich.. but he got teir 1

Shunyeuh
08-21-2003, 04:53 PM
congrats to all who got tickets.....

i had to go to the venu to get the map i was looking for after i called detroit... and emailed them

http://www.palacenet.com/content.cfm?category=1&pageid=800

heres for detroit

DOC BILL
08-21-2003, 05:17 PM
TEE
Deb and I are gona be at Mellon. Love to see you and Greg! AngelGuy too! We are actually in W Igloo 3 section-good view I think. DOC

Shunyeuh
08-21-2003, 05:20 PM
CONGRATS DOC BILL ON UR SEATS!

sas
08-21-2003, 06:02 PM
I'm also going to Mellon... didn't do as well as some of you but not too bad though...B 22 Row J... ok I guess....

Ok so far I have 2 - count them 2- lined up and am going for a 3rd..... definately a true Shaniahead....:D HEY1

Roger
08-21-2003, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by FV
No, it means the computer will process a certain number of requests per second only, otherwise there is the possibility of hacking into the server...and then you can kiss bye bye to secrecy of your credit card info as you are typing it in ..:rolleyes:

FV, the key thing is their message says they no longer have enough seats when, in fact, they do. The reason their computer is unable to process an order for us may be highly desirable but we deserve to know it is the system and not lack of seats.

Roger

FV
08-21-2003, 06:25 PM
FV, the key thing is their message says they no longer have enough seats when, in fact, they do.
Nope, the key thing in their message is spelled out at the end: "Check back oftenas availability is subject to change." Which means: click on the back button and resubmit.....:Bthumb Some people read the full messages, some others do not...:rolleyes:

Roger
08-21-2003, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by FV
Nope, the key thing in their message is spelled out at the end: "Check back oftenas availability is subject to change." Which means: click on the back button and resubmit.....:Bthumb Some people read the full messages, some others do not...:rolleyes:

This has degenerated into a semantic discussion. Perhaps you will agree their text is not a model of clarity? No, you probably won't...:BL :rolleyes:

Roger

Roger
08-21-2003, 06:49 PM
Actually the proof of the pudding is in the eating. Read what people are writing on the various boards. They all assume that when they say they have no seating that it means just that. Even if to logical minds like yours, FV, it means only temporarily because they encourage you to try again, many people are not understanding this. So they need to be clearer in their notes and they need to respond to emails such as I sent them and to the many questions on their board. Too many fans are missing tickets or the tickets they want because of this misunderstanding.

Roger

FV
08-21-2003, 08:32 PM
Too many fans are missing tickets or the tickets they want because of this misunderstanding.
NO, fans are missing tickets simply because the number of tickets per arena is LIMITED and the number of Shania fans grows every day larger...
People who have been posting that they could not get tickets need to read what other fans who did get tickets have been posting...all the ones who got tickets said clearly that they had to keep submitting the request, only few were very lucky and got their tickets the very first time they requested them..
Some people panic for little reason, when it is the time to stay calm and read carefully what is clearly spelled out on the screen you are getting in front of you...but I totally see that for some people it is easier to start blaiming everyone else rather than spending a few seconds longer reading the screen they have in front of them...
For those people, no instructions guide will ever suffice....shrugs

AngelGuy
08-21-2003, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by FV
Thank you Angel, it kept me alive during the 17 minutes of agonizing I went through...LOL!
They updated the page one minute earlier..but it took me 14 minutes to get any seat at all..and the first time I got the Reserved 2 level which I rejected because AngelGuy hifived me..I knew I could get a Reserved 1 level (kids at home trying to get tickets, DO NOT DO like FV did..:))
Well the good news is that 3 minutes after I gave away the Reserved 2 seat I got a Reserved 1 ticket, the bad news is that I have no clue where this seat is on the seating chart!:eek: LOL!:BL I got the $80 seat LOGE3 Row 10, but there is no such thing on the Boston seating chart for the round stage type of thing...:confused: so at first I doublechecked the chart:
http://www.fleetcenter.com/seatmaps/seat-centerstage-map.gif

But I did not see it...so I had this scary thought: Did I hit Boston or Minneapolis?:lookout So I looked at my email confirmation, but it does not say the city..lol..so I went back and checked my ticket status online at the Official Fan Club..and yes I got Boston! :BL LOL!
So now..I am VERY HAPPY I got a Reserved 1 seat, but I do not where exactly that seat is..maybe on Shania's bus?:p :King

Great story, FV. Shania's bus? Ha! That cracked me up. :)

Maybe the seat is Eja's highchair?? hehe

cbspock
08-21-2003, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by FV
NO, fans are missing tickets simply because the number of tickets per arena is LIMITED and the number of Shania fans grows every day larger...
People who have been posting that they could not get tickets need to read what other fans who did get tickets have been posting...all the ones who got tickets said clearly that they had to keep submitting the request, only few were very lucky and got their tickets the very first time they requested them..
Some people panic for little reason, when it is the time to stay calm and read carefully what is clearly spelled out on the screen you are getting in front of you...but I totally see that for some people it is easier to start blaiming everyone else rather than spending a few seconds longer reading the screen they have in front of them...

Well said FV. From what I can see so far.......lots of people got great seats!!! I guess you will always have people complaining even if Shania handed them the ticket.

Now hopefully I will have luck on my side tomorrow when I order my tickets.

-Chris

FV
08-21-2003, 09:07 PM
Now hopefully I will have luck on my side tomorrow when I order my tickets.
GOOD LUCK with the NY dates!:Bthumb I have the feeling you will need concentration and luck at the same time..:BL The pre-sale for Boston at the official fan club is already fully sold out..I am not surprised at all, there are fans from at least 3 states coming to Boston to see Shania...but I have also noticed that the night before Shania's concert there is no other event scheduled as of now...so...I am kinda hoping for a second date....:BL

FV
08-21-2003, 09:13 PM
Great story, FV.
I have not even told you the best part because I was in a hurry...5 seconds after I got the confirmation on screen that I had bought the ticket I got this pop up saying that "Your network connection has been disconnected"....first time ever I see this...:confused:
What happened was that a colleague of mine working in an office on the same floor had a computer virus, all of our computers are on the same network, so when his computer got this virus, automatically it reported it to the general network administrator..who very wisely decided to come down and unplug all the computers in our department from the network to avoid that the virus from my colleague's computer could spread to other parts of the network...now he unplugged our computers from the network which gives me internet access 5 seconds after I had finally completed my Shania ticket sale....if he had done it 6 seconds earlier..I would not have had the ticket!:eek:
I made clear to him that from now on he MUST give me a 60 second warning on screen before unplugging my computer from the network...:rolleyes: especially during a Shania Twain Tour ticket Pre-Sale! LOL!:BL

Shunyeuh
08-21-2003, 09:27 PM
:D :LMAO great and freaky story FV!

Good Luck Chris!

Shunyeuh
08-21-2003, 09:36 PM
This Morn When i was getting my tickets anxiously freaking out at 830 when mary calls me she wanted to make sure i was UP!

i was UP! at 7:50 this morning.. plus i went to bed at 2 am and had more Shania Dreams.. oh i drempt they offered me front row seats.. well for some reason in my head i had those seats in my head..

but the night before i drempt that i was heading up to the stage the security guards stop me cause they didnt belive me i was a fan.. they made me sing a song to prove i was a fan.. they ask me to sing :LMAO IM A LITTLE TEA POT:LMAO in front of everyone so i did the movements... so they let me on stage , so when i got on stage shania was laughing so hard cause i had to do that!

i explained everything to her what the security said and they didnt believe me i was a fan :eek: :LMAO

Roger
08-21-2003, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by FV

I got good seats at three concerts. I have no complaints for myself. Maybe there are more fans seeking tickets than the fan club can provide. If this is so, the fan club:
1) should have warned people that many would not get tickets. Yes, I know they do say first come first serve and supplies are limited but that is legalistic and heartless. But that in no way prepared fans for the extent of the insufficiency,
2) they should have taken steps to ensure that the numbers of fans seeking tickets and the number of tickets were in sync. If they are out of sync, this may indicate the strength of Shania's appeal but at the same time it indicates the weakness of their organizational skills.

Nevertheless, it is undeniable that another reason for people either not succeeding in getting tickets is that so many, like me at the beginning, failed to understand the nature of the ordering system. The club did nothing to explain the system in spite of emails sent to them full of questions, questions on their messageboard and requests on their board for a chat so members could ask their many questions.

Just as it is unattractive to blame everyone but yourself when you yourself are at fault, so it is also unattractive to blame the victims when others are also at fault.

Roger

shaniawarrior
08-21-2003, 10:04 PM
Okay, I am seriously going to cry. I have not yet received a confirmation e-mail. But I went through everything...I gave them my credit card # and everything...at the end it said that my shopping cart session expired or something like that...but it gave me the charges and everything to my credit card on the web page. I am SO confused! I don't know if it went through or not. Did everyone else get a confirmation e-mail already? I swear it all went through. I swear it did. If it didn't, well I guess that means I'll have to keep on trying. Oh, and I did read fully what the page said...I did keep going back and hiting refreshing and all that good stuff. I appologize for going off earlier...my temper just snapped I guess. Of course I know this has nothing to do with Shania and in no way was I blaming her for anything when I was rambling earlier. Hope you all didn't think I was blaming Shania for that.

A confused Shania fan,
Desiree

cbspock
08-21-2003, 10:09 PM
I got good seats at three concerts. I have no complaints for myself. Maybe there are more fans seeking tickets than the fan club can provide. If this is so, the fan club:
1) should have warned people that many would not get tickets. Yes, I know they do say first come first serve and supplies are limited but that is legalistic and heartless. But that in no way prepared fans for the extent of the insufficiency,
2) they should have taken steps to ensure that the numbers of fans seeking tickets and the number of tickets were in sync. If they are out of sync, this may indicate the strength of Shania's appeal but at the same time it indicates the weakness of their organizational skills.

Nevertheless, it is undeniable that another reason for people either not succeeding in getting tickets is that so many, like me at the beginning, failed to understand the nature of the ordering system. The club did nothing to explain the system in spite of emails sent to them full of questions, questions on their messageboard and requests on their board for a chat so members could ask their many questions.

Just as it is unattractive to blame everyone but yourself when you yourself are at fault, so it is also unattractive to blame the victims when others are also at fault.

Roger

Go read the muisictoday policy on ticket sales, it can't be spelled out more than it is. Not their problem if people didn't read it.

-Chris

FV
08-21-2003, 10:17 PM
Okay, I am seriously going to cry. I have not yet received a confirmation e-mail. But I went through everything...I gave them my credit card # and everything...at the end it said that my shopping cart session expired or something like that...but it gave me the charges and everything to my credit card on the web page. I am SO confused!
That's not good..:( do you remember the order number? did you write it down? If you have the order number they may see whether you actually got the tickets...otherwise I have to say I do not think you got them..:(
They still have the DC date in the Ticketing section, all I can say is to keep trying...they have removed the Boston date and the Canadian dates too because they are already sold out...but they still have the DC one..keep trying..:)
There is still Ticketmaster on Saturday at noon:
http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/15003707EE2F7E3E?brand=&artistid=764367&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=2

Also they may add more tickets to the DC date later on, and possibly a second date..
Keep believing it! :BL Remember how you got to Chicago?;)

cbspock
08-21-2003, 10:18 PM
and here it is, so you don't have to look for it...........

Ticket Statement
When touring, Shania Twain will be selling an allotment of each North American show's tickets directly to her Fan Club members, instead of through a standard ticket distributor. Members of the Shania Twain Fanclub will be offered these direct sale tickets in advance of the general public. Tickets purchased through the Shania Twain Fanclub are limited to 4 tickets per member, per show. Upon joining, members are eligible to request tickets during a Shania Twain Ticket Ordering Period. Please note that at this time, the Shania Twain Fanclub can only ship tickets to addresses within the U.S. and Canada. Members living in countries outside the U.S. and Canada are eligible to participate in the Ticketing Order Period but must provide a shipping address within the U.S. and Canada.

Seats in indoor venues that are reserved by the Shania Twain Fanclub for its members are spread over various sections around the arena. As more and more members order tickets, there is a strong probability that some members will be allocated seats to the sides or the rear of the stage, as well as in upper tier or upper bowl sections. Seat locations are determined by automatic computer lottery, and refunds and exchanges are not permitted.

Ticket brokers may not join the Shania Twain Fanclub, and if a member is found selling tickets for profit, his/her membership will be voided without return of the membership fee. As part of our efforts to keep brokers out, we will specify guidelines for ticket purchasing on the web site, and we will email members ahead of time as to any changes to these policies.

Your chances of being able to purchase a ticket will be increased by being a member in the Shania Twain Fanclub, but we cannot guarantee that you will receive tickets, because ticket requests may exceed availability.

shaniawarrior
08-21-2003, 10:33 PM
*cries* No I didn't write down the confirmation number. *hits self in head* WHY DIDN'T I WRITE DOWN THE STUPID NUMBER?! *takes deep breath* Yes, I must keep my hopes up. I'm going to be the optimistic here for once. lol I'll just keep trying. *chants* I think I can, I think I can, I think I can. LOL

A HYPER Shania fan,
Desiree

Roger
08-21-2003, 10:34 PM
"Ticket requests may exceed availability". Well, this covers their a@@ legally alright but all this information is tucked away in the fine print which as everyone knows few people read. What is written prominently on the page where they are trying to get people to become members is this enticement:

"Advance access to concert ticket pre-sales for premier seating to Shania Twain’s tours. "

This is what is prominent so this is what people expect - premier seating. To prey upon the emotions of fans in this way while in effect hiding the information that many, maybe most, will NOT get premier seating is tantamount to dishonesty.

Roger

FV
08-21-2003, 10:37 PM
supplies are limited but that is legalistic and heartless.
That is simply the reality of the facts. You just need to accept that, if you choose not to accept the reality of the facts, you simply become your own worst enemy. The same is true for the high number of Shania fans around..

The club did nothing to explain the system in spite of emails sent to them full of questions, questions on their messageboard and requests on their board for a chat so members could ask their many questions.
The club did everything they had to do to let people know when and where tickets went on sale, they do not have to tell you to read carefully the screens you get in front of you...Not to mention that many of the questions were answered by the fans on the messageboard...once again it's simply a matter of reading the information, not of ignoring it....:rolleyes: ..and by the way..Ticketmaster works exactly the same...you click 2 minutes later and you get tickets that were sold out before..

it is also unattractive to blame the victims
The only victims in this matter are the ones who enjoy playing that role... Some of the persons who did not get tickets for a specific date have already moved on to try to get tickets through Ticketmaster, because their goal is to go to a Shania concert, not to come up with the rules on how a server has to work to please them...Some other persons prefer to spend the time complaining about the fact that there were not enough tickets for all the fanclub members who requested them..guess they did not read the Fan club FAQ
My bet is that the first ones will have more chances to go see Shania whereas the second group will have fewer chances...

FV
08-21-2003, 10:52 PM
"which as everyone knows few people read.
Which clearly makes this whole issue THEIR FAULT since they CHOSE not to read the contract they agreed to!

To prey upon the emotions of fans in this way while in effect hiding the information that many, maybe most, will NOT get premier seating is tantamount to dishonesty.
Completely ridiculous! (bananas as Debbie taught me in Timmins..LOL!) NO ONE has been forced to join the Fan Club, and as a matter of fact the Official Fan Club is NOT the only way to buy good tickets, Ticketmaster is another way to go about it, resellers too....
No one is preying on anyone or anything, the only ones who are being VERY dishonest are the ones who clearly joined the Fan Club exclusively to get good tickets..a nice example I guess....:rolleyes:
and by the way, they do GUARANTEE advanced access to premier seating, but they also tell you (if you care about reading the rest) that they cannot guarantee to be able to fulfill all the ticket requests....:rolleyes:
Now, if you prefer to keep kidding yourself that you will get front row seating for every concert you request tickets for...that's your choice...but it would not surprise me if that does not happen..simply because I read the policies and accepted the reality of the facts....I left wonderland a long time ago....

Debbie
08-21-2003, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by FV
Which clearly makes this whole issue THEIR FAULT since they CHOSE not to read the contract they agreed to!

Completely ridiculous! (bananas as Debbie taught me in Timmins..LOL!) NO ONE has been forced to join the Fan Club, and as a matter of fact the Official Fan Club is NOT the only way to buy good tickets, Ticketmaster is another way to go about it, resellers too....
No one is preying on anyone or anything, the only ones who are being VERY dishonest are the ones who clearly joined the Fan Club exclusively to get good tickets..a nice example I guess....:rolleyes:
and by the way, they do GUARANTEE advanced access to premier seating, but they also tell you (if you care about reading the rest) that they cannot guarantee to be able to fulfill all the ticket requests....:rolleyes:
Now, if you prefer to keep kidding yourself that you will get front row seating for every concert you request tickets for...that's your choice...but it would not surprise me if that does not happen..simply because I read the policies and accepted the reality of the facts....I left wonderland a long time ago....

:Bthumb HEY1

FV
08-21-2003, 11:07 PM
*cries* No I didn't write down the confirmation number. *hits self in head* WHY DIDN'T I WRITE DOWN THE STUPID NUMBER?! *takes deep breath* Yes, I must keep my hopes up. I'm going to be the optimistic here for once. lol I'll just keep trying. *chants* I think I can, I think I can, I think I can. LOL

A HYPER Shania fan,
Desiree
OK...I do not think you got the tickets...:( but there are still a couple of things you could do to check: tomorrow call Ticket Customer Service at: 800-594-Tixx and explain them what happened...usually the problem is that a basket that has expired has already released the tickets back into the pool for others to buy..:(
Another thing you should do is to call your credit card company and see whether your credit card has been charged at all....if you have a charge that corresponds to the tickets costs..you have proof that you got the tickets..I personally do not have many hopes though...but you should still try..

Warrior, we are all with you! Keep trying, remember Ticketmaster, don't focus on this ticket issue with the Official Fan Club it won't do you any good, use your energy to get tickets at Ticketmaster..:) Let me know how it goes..:)

cbspock
08-21-2003, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by FV
GOOD LUCK with the NY dates!:Bthumb I have the feeling you will need concentration and luck at the same time..:BL The pre-sale for Boston at the official fan club is already fully sold out..I am not surprised at all, there are fans from at least 3 states coming to Boston to see Shania...but I have also noticed that the night before Shania's concert there is no other event scheduled as of now...so...I am kinda hoping for a second date....:BL

In other words, the force better be with me tomorrow....lol :p

http://indigo.ie/~owenc/starwars/images/jedi1.gif

I checked through the ticket order process, it doesn't seem to hard, and there is a whole help facility listing common problems and solutions.

Working in the computer field, we find lots of "PBKAC" errors.

-Chris

resessions
08-21-2003, 11:08 PM
I placed 4 different orders today and got a confirmation e-mail for each one. Also on the Offical site next to where you clicked to order tix is a spot to check tix status.....all four orders show up on there. So I suspect if you don't have that confirmation that they didn't go through.

Also one other strategy I used when one order that finally went through that didn't have such great seats, I just sat mid-order for about 5 minutes without finishing the order process and then when too much time elapsed, it gave me that message which in essence said "Your order didn't go through, you took too long to decide" which in essence canceled those bad tix and when I went back to re-order got another great seat. I really think it takes a bit of patience mixed with random luck, but once you get a set of tix which seem worth the order, be ready to place the balance of the order quickly.

=Richard=

FV
08-21-2003, 11:21 PM
In other words, the force better be with me tomorrow....lol :p

http://indigo.ie/~owenc/starwars/images/jedi1.gif

-Chris

If I were you Spock, I would simply mindmelt with the ticket server...:BL

cbspock
08-21-2003, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by FV
If I were you Spock, I would simply mindmelt with the ticket server...:BL

Okay...you got me.......you figured out my secret...lol :p
"The server is just beyond this rock wall...."
http://www.stinsv.com/TOS/640char/aonspock.jpg

Oh...did you know the crew of the Enterprise tried out to be in Shania's band......lol :p
http://www.stinsv.com/TOS/640char/happines.jpg

hehe hehe

-Chris

Shunyeuh
08-22-2003, 12:00 AM
CONGRATS WARRIOR ON GETTING 2 SEATS TOGETHER FOR THE SHANIA CONCERT!:dancing :reddancin :rootbeer :rootbeer :band
LOOK OUT SHANIA HERE WARRIOR COMES!

shaniawarrior
08-22-2003, 12:13 AM
WOOOO!!!!!!!! After much, much trying, I FINALLY got some tickets!!!!! I had to get them one at a time, mind you, but miraculously (;) Mary) I managed to find two seats in the same row for me and my mom. I have Section 116, Row N, seats 5 & 12. I also have a Section 106, Row B seat because at first I was going to see if I could get two 106 seats since they are better, but I could only find two in the 116 section so I had to go with those cause of my mom. I'm still going to see if I can get another 106 seat since those are better but if I can't, then if anyone wants it, feel free to e-mail me. I will sell it for what I had to pay for it, no profit what so ever. And if I get another 106 seat, then I will have two section 116 seats available. I'm just glad that I finally got some tix!!! WOOOO!!!!!! A BIG thanks to Jess, Mary, and Spock who helped me through this and put up with my frustrations. And thanks FV for not giving up and making me be optimistic. LOL

I have to say, now that I look back on my posts, I'm quite disappointed with myself for how I handled things and I appologize for that. Yep, I admit it...I acted like a little brat. I have a lot of things to be thankful for and a little thing like that should have not bothered me as much as it did. I will never, ever complain about anything on this board again because I realize that I have had GREAT luck when it comes to other things so as Shania says, it can only go UP from here!!!!!!!! :D

A HYPER Shania fan,
Desiree

Debbie
08-22-2003, 02:18 AM
Warrior,
You did just fine! All of us would have acted the same way. We were all nervous, excited, scared and whatever else you want to say about getting our tickets. Lets face it - it is a nerve racking experience. It is very easy to panic when you want something so bad, think you have it, and find out you don't. But usually if you take a deep breath and start over again it works out ok. I'm glad that it worked out for you and your mom.:)

jen
08-22-2003, 03:36 AM
I just want to say, thank you all for being so positive over here. Over on the OFC Message board people are so negative about the ticket process. I and others try and post to help them and they continue to be blinded with their anger and not see what is posted about how to get tickets. Some do listen and it is those people that are getting the tickets....so I guess it is true what they say, the cooler head prevails.

Thanx again...it is great to read positive posts!!

:)

Sheri
08-22-2003, 05:17 AM
Good job, guys. :D

shaniawarrior
08-22-2003, 06:45 AM
Well I know I will definitely be more positive about everything and will be a very loud cheerleader for everyone else!!! Good luck everyone!!!!!!! :D

A HYPER Shania fan,
Desiree

Jud
08-22-2003, 07:11 AM
The negativity over there is really bugs me!!

What is crazy, I don't understand anything from the ticket buying process on the OFC site, I guess I should follow it one time when there will be pre-sales.

Funny, but I think, one side its bad, that we Europeans can't buy tickets through the OFC, but on the other hand, the process will be simplier, as hopefully we will turned to a ticketselling website, as ticketmaster.
What is not clear to me, is what will be about the countries they do not have ticketmaster? Hmm.

Anyways,
I'M SO HAPPY FOR ALL OF YOU HAVE TICKETS (one way or other)!!! AND CROSSING FINGERS FOR EVERYONE TO GET CHANCES TO SEE SHANIA LIVE!!!!

Cheyenne55
08-22-2003, 07:31 AM
and here it is, so you don't have to look for it...........

Ticket Statement
When touring, Shania Twain will be selling an allotment of each North American show's tickets directly to her Fan Club members, instead of through a standard ticket distributor. Members of the Shania Twain Fanclub will be offered these direct sale tickets in advance of the general public. Tickets purchased through the Shania Twain Fanclub are limited to 4 tickets per member, per show. Upon joining, members are eligible to request tickets during a Shania Twain Ticket Ordering Period. Please note that at this time, the Shania Twain Fanclub can only ship tickets to addresses within the U.S. and Canada. Members living in countries outside the U.S. and Canada are eligible to participate in the Ticketing Order Period but must provide a shipping address within the U.S. and Canada.

Seats in indoor venues that are reserved by the Shania Twain Fanclub for its members are spread over various sections around the arena. As more and more members order tickets, there is a strong probability that some members will be allocated seats to the sides or the rear of the stage, as well as in upper tier or upper bowl sections. Seat locations are determined by automatic computer lottery, and refunds and exchanges are not permitted.

Ticket brokers may not join the Shania Twain Fanclub, and if a member is found selling tickets for profit, his/her membership will be voided without return of the membership fee. As part of our efforts to keep brokers out, we will specify guidelines for ticket purchasing on the web site, and we will email members ahead of time as to any changes to these policies.

Your chances of being able to purchase a ticket will be increased by being a member in the Shania Twain Fanclub, but we cannot guarantee that you will receive tickets, because ticket requests may exceed availability.

YOu are sooo good. Thanks for the info, I can call off the dogs now :BL

Roger
08-22-2003, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by FV
That is simply the reality of the facts. You just need to accept that, if you choose not to accept the reality of the facts, you simply become your own worst enemy. The same is true for the high number of Shania fans around..

The club did everything they had to do to let people know when and where tickets went on sale, they do not have to tell you to read carefully the screens you get in front of you...Not to mention that many of the questions were answered by the fans on the messageboard...once again it's simply a matter of reading the information, not of ignoring it....:rolleyes: ..and by the way..Ticketmaster works exactly the same...you click 2 minutes later and you get tickets that were sold out before..

The only victims in this matter are the ones who enjoy playing that role... Some of the persons who did not get tickets for a specific date have already moved on to try to get tickets through Ticketmaster, because their goal is to go to a Shania concert, not to come up with the rules on how a server has to work to please them...Some other persons prefer to spend the time complaining about the fact that there were not enough tickets for all the fanclub members who requested them..guess they did not read the Fan club FAQ
My bet is that the first ones will have more chances to go see Shania whereas the second group will have fewer chances...

I accept there are fewer tickets than fans wanting them. I do not accept the club did everything they had to do to inform their members. Communications skills are not their forte. Anyone with experience dealing with the public will tell you that many people in the public at large do not, possibly cannot in some cases, read everything they should carefully. The fact that so many club members have failed to understand the system is proof of their failure to communicate. It is unprofessional, unreliable and heartless to expect club members to teach each other on the messageboard.

Just in case you are obliquely referring to me, FV, as someone who prefers to complain rather than get tickets, let me tell you few people are as resourceful as I am at getting tickets. Even though I have good seats I keep looking for better ones elsewhere. If I complain, it is because I care about my fellow fans. I would rather help them than condemn them.

Roger

cbspock
08-22-2003, 08:16 AM
I accept there are fewer tickets than fans wanting them. I do not accept the club did everything they had to do to inform their members. Communications skills are not their forte. Anyone with experience dealing with the public will tell you that many people in the public at large do not, possibly cannot in some cases, read everything they should carefully. The fact that so many club members have failed to understand the system is proof of their failure to communicate. It is unprofessional, unreliable and heartless to expect club members to teach each other on the messageboard.

Roger

and how is that the fanclubs problem? There is no need to teach each other how to use their messageboard, it has no functionality...lol :p As someone who works with computers all the time, I am of the belief that at this point in time, people should know how to use them, as if they were pen and paper. Good thing people don't..since it is job security...lol :D

The problem these days is people don't want to take the time to learn, they want things instantly. When they don't get what they want because "something didn't work", well, in most cases it is because a user did something stupid.

I took the time last night to familiarize myself with the order process. I also read through all the help screens. Just like the first time I used ticketmaster online. It's not rocket science.

-Chris

Roger
08-22-2003, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by FV

It is not dishonest to join the fan club exclusively to get good tickets. Since there exist very good unofficial fan clubs (like this one), there is simply no need to join the official fan club for anything else. In fact, joining the fan club to get good tickets is the number one reason most people joined.

As for front row, well, there is only one front row so obviously only a handful can get on it so I, for one, have never kidded myself or even suggested someone can get a front row seat by joining the club. Don't put words in my mouth.

Roger

Tee
08-22-2003, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by DOC BILL
TEE
Deb and I are gona be at Mellon. Love to see you and Greg! AngelGuy too! We are actually in W Igloo 3 section-good view I think. DOC

Hey Doc, Sounds good to me and I know Greg would enjoy seeing you again. We will have to work on this as the date gets closer!!!

Roger
08-22-2003, 09:46 AM
YEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!

Bryce and I have got front row seats on the floor for the Hamilton concert. I can't think of anything more exciting than the best seats in the house for Shania's premiere concert.

I AM ONE HAPPY FAN!!:JP :King HEY1 :bouncing :drinks :HG :HG

Roger

ShAnIaTwAiNkIxAsSAAF!
08-22-2003, 10:20 AM
You lucky lucky guys you... that is really the most luckiest thing that could ever happen to a true Shania fan. How did you get them?

ShAnIaTwAiNkIxAsSAAF!
08-22-2003, 10:24 AM
I know how stressed you were. I felt so bad... your freaking out reminded me of how I can get a lot of times! I wish I would of had the chance to meet you in Timmins the first year. I couldn't go this summer since I had to save up money for tution and books... sure you know how that is. KyMm

Roger
08-22-2003, 10:28 AM
You lucky lucky guys you... that is really the most luckiest thing that could ever happen to a true Shania fan. How did you get them?

mmmm, I will do what I can to help fellow fans work with that darned fan club system to get good tickets, I will enter into collaborative ticket-buying schemes so we all have a better chance at good seats and I am glad to make some fans happy by selling them my excess tickets but I can't reveal every source, certainly not on a public website, without reducing my competitive advantage. I hope you understand.

Roger

HeatherG
08-22-2003, 10:30 AM
Roger & Bryce

You lucky dogs.

I still can't get tickets.:(

Roger
08-22-2003, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by HeatherG
Roger & Bryce

You lucky dogs.

I still can't get tickets.:(

Heather, I already sent you a private message through this board.

Roger

HeatherG
08-22-2003, 10:43 AM
Hi

I need 3 Hamilton seats.
At the moment they are all sold out.
I hope I win one of the contests.

:(

jen
08-22-2003, 10:48 AM
mmmm, I will do what I can to help fellow fans work with that darned fan club system to get good tickets, I will enter into collaborative ticket-buying schemes so we all have a better chance at good seats and I am glad to make some fans happy by selling them my excess tickets but I can't reveal every source, certainly not on a public website, without reducing my competitive advantage. I hope you understand.

Roger

ROGER UR 2 COOL....nice of you to help others out!:cool:

ShAnIaTwAiNkIxAsSAAF!
08-22-2003, 10:51 AM
I do understand... I just thought you got them through ticketmaster this morning, or something? They had Sec C, Row 2 on sale for the Ottawa show... but I didn't take it since I already have my Row 10... which is fine with me. (I was just testing ticketmaster *LoL*) . I can't afford to buy another Shania ticket since I already have to get my parents to pay for most of my tution and books this year for University. It wouldn't probably be too hard to sell... but it is only one seat. My best friends wanted to come to the concert with me from Nova Scotia, but it would of gave me worse seats if I tried for more tickets than one. I'm mean... but it is true that most times it is easier just getting one seat, and they understand. Roger are you still Row 8 for the Ottawa show?

kirppu
08-22-2003, 10:57 AM
YEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!

Bryce and I have got front row seats on the floor for the Hamilton concert. I can't think of anything more exciting than the best seats in the house for Shania's premiere concert.

I AM ONE HAPPY FAN!!
Roger Congrats! :D :D :D

Roger
08-22-2003, 11:16 AM
I do understand... I just thought you got them through ticketmaster this morning, or something? They had Sec C, Row 2 on sale for the Ottawa show... but I didn't take it since I already have my Row 10... which is fine with me. (I was just testing ticketmaster *LoL*) . I can't afford to buy another Shania ticket since I already have to get my parents to pay for most of my tution and books this year for University. It wouldn't probably be too hard to sell... but it is only one seat. My best friends wanted to come to the concert with me from Nova Scotia, but it would of gave me worse seats if I tried for more tickets than one. I'm mean... but it is true that most times it is easier just getting one seat, and they understand. Roger are you still Row 8 for the Ottawa show?

No, it wasn't Ticketmaster.

Yep, still in row 8 for the Ottawa show.

Roger

Tee
08-22-2003, 11:41 AM
YEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!

Roger
Wooo Hooo you lucky DOGS!!!! Way to go guys, glad to see that a real Shania fan got to be up front!!!

cbspock
08-22-2003, 11:53 AM
Two hours to go for me!!! I'm all set!!!

AWESOME ROGER!!!! Front ROW to her first concert in Canada!!! Better have on your Timmins shirts!!!

-Chris

cbspock
08-22-2003, 11:55 AM

Roger

Alright Roger, who do you know...lol :p

-Chris

resessions
08-22-2003, 12:26 PM
Way to go Bryce and Roger !!!!
Good things come to good fans.
It was my pleasure to meet you
guys in Timmins. Hope to cross
paths again.

FV
08-22-2003, 12:50 PM
Way to GO Warrior, Bryce and Roger!:BL :Bthumb

Kim, do you have an American Express credit card? One of the Vancouver concerts for instance clearly stated on tocketmaster that it was an event where AMEX card holders could get pre-sale there...or seats set aside...that's one option...there is a special number you call, ask Amex in Canada..:)
Email me for an email address to possibly get better tickets for the East Coast concerts in Canada...;)

cbspock
08-22-2003, 12:53 PM
Bryce and Roger...now you need to make a big decision, what to bring to the concert to get autographed!!!!

-Chris

cbspock
08-22-2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by FV
Way to GO Warrior, Bryce and Roger!:BL :Bthumb

Kim, do you have an American Express credit card? One of the Vancouver concerts for instance clearly stated on tocketmaster that it was an event where AMEX card holders could get pre-sale there...or seats set aside...that's one option...there is a special number you call, ask Amex in Canada..:)
Email me for an email address to possibly get better tickets for the East Coast concerts in Canada...;)

I wish they would do that for the NY concerts, they do it on broadway during the holidays.

-Chris

AINAHS
08-22-2003, 01:41 PM
Why do Amex card holders get preferential treatment? Why not Mastercard, Visa or other credit card holders? Why not the fan club members?

cbspock
08-22-2003, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by AINAHS
Why do Amex card holders get preferential treatment? Why not Mastercard, Visa or other credit card holders? Why not the fan club members?

Amex gold card holders get preferential treatment at certain arenas and theatres. It is part of our membership.

It has nothing to do with what musictoday has going on.

-Chris

cbspock

Amex gold card holders get preferential treatment at certain arenas and theatres. It is part of our membership.

-Chris

cbspock

-Chris

cbspock
08-22-2003, 01:51 PM
The NY and NJ shows have just been delayed til 4pm.

Due to continued venue ticketing problems we have had to adjust the presale schedule.
Fri. 8/22 3pm E.S.T.
10/12 Nassau Coliseum
10/14 MSG
Fri. 8/22 4pm E.S.T.
10/8 East Rutherford/CAA

-Chris

Shunyeuh
08-22-2003, 01:52 PM
I need to get A Photo Posted To The Shania Puppets That I Have And That I Will Be Using For The Detroit Concert

Since Mary And I Will Be Down By The Stage:D :D

Shunyeuh
08-22-2003, 01:53 PM
Congrats Roger And Bryce.. on getting Front Row..

AINAHS
08-22-2003, 02:15 PM

-Chris That sounds kind of tacky and elitist, eh?

Shunyeuh
08-22-2003, 03:10 PM
WE ARE 4TH ROW FROM THE STAGE AT PALACE OF AUBURN HILLS IN DETROIT!
:rootbeer
:JP :JP IM SOOOO EXCITED I ABOUT WENT IN TO SHOCK WHEN THE VENU LADY TOLD ME THAT WE WILL BE ABLE TO SEE SHANIA SWEAT:eek: :D :D :D :HG :yippee: 4th row from stage

shaniawarrior
08-22-2003, 03:53 PM
Congrats Roger, Bryce, and Jess on your GREAT seats!!!!!!! I'm telling you guys...paint your face!!! LOL GET NOTICED!!!!!!!! Good luck guys!!!! :D :D

A HYPER Shania fan,
Desiree

Shunyeuh
08-22-2003, 03:59 PM
WARRIOR U KNOW I WILL BE PAINTING MY FACE PLUS THE PUPPETS PLUS THE PUPPET KIDS AND GLOW STICKS.. AND EVEN WEARING THE YELLOW SWEATER SHANIA SHIRTS FROM TIMMINS!:p :JP :JP :dancing :HG :reddancin :bouncing :yippee: :love

FV
08-22-2003, 04:19 PM
That sounds kind of tacky and elitist, eh?
Ticketmaster and Amex have a very good deal.....
http://www.ticketmaster.com/amex/
..but I do not have an AMEX card myself..LOL!:p

Bryce
08-22-2003, 06:46 PM
YEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!

Roger

So there I was sitting at work today when they announced the second Toronto show, and that tickets were on sale now. There is a Ticketmaster just 5 minutes from my work. So down I go and got 5th row floors for the Oct 3rd show. Gonna treat my Mom to that one.

So I was feeling pretty good about that untill I saw Roger's news about Hamilton. So I guess I'm going to Hamilton then Ottawa and then both Toronto shows. Better stop there my VISA card is about to set off the smoke alarm. LOL

Bryce

cbspock
08-22-2003, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Bryce
So there I was sitting at work today when they announced the second Toronto show, and that tickets were on sale now. There is a Ticketmaster just 5 minutes from my work. So down I go and got 5th row floors for the Oct 3rd show. Gonna treat my Mom to that one.

So I was feeling pretty good about that untill I saw Roger's news about Hamilton. So I guess I'm going to Hamilton then Ottawa and then both Toronto shows. Better stop there my VISA card is about to set off the smoke alarm. LOL

Bryce

My MasterCard is already a smoking pile of plastic.

chicago, Timmins, NYC, Long Island, and NJ.

-Chris

Bryce
08-22-2003, 06:52 PM
Two hours to go for me!!! I'm all set!!!

AWESOME ROGER!!!! Front ROW to her first concert in Canada!!! Better have on your Timmins shirts!!!

-Chris

I was thinking of the Fan Con tee.

Bryce

DOC BILL
08-24-2003, 09:30 PM
I don't know if anyone went into ticketmaster to get tickets during the "public" sales but I did. I was in there very quickly and was able to get a shot at alot of floor seats but none better than the seats I got in the presale thru the OFC so I quess that worked out good for me. This stuff is stressful but fun. My wife just laughs at me and says "you're obcessed!" Ahhh, she's probably right! LOL Bring on the pre-sales for the next leg-I'm ready and I'm experienced this time!!!! I am TOURMAN! DOC

Shunyeuh
08-24-2003, 09:45 PM
Cool Doc..:)

ShAnIaTwAiNkIxAsSAAF!
08-26-2003, 04:17 PM
Four Shania concerts... Wow! I remember you saying you have never been to Ottawa, will this be your first time? I wish I had my own Visa... then again it's a good idea that I don't... One Shania ticket and paying for University are my two most important things right now... I would love for $5000+ to go to all Shania concerts instead, but it just can't work like that! I still have to talk my parents into sending me up a few extra hundred dollars to by stuff at the concert.

Bryce
08-26-2003, 07:04 PM
Four Shania concerts... Wow! I remember you saying you have never been to Ottawa, will this be your first time? I wish I had my own Visa... then again it's a good idea that I don't... One Shania ticket and paying for University are my two most important things right now... I would love for $5000+ to go to all Shania concerts instead, but it just can't work like that! I still have to talk my parents into sending me up a few extra hundred dollars to by stuff at the concert.

It'll be my second trip to Ottawa. I was there for the Juno's. A real awards show, unlike the CMA's. I'm hoping this trip to Ottawa won't be made during an ice storm.

Bryce