PDA

View Full Version : Black Dot???

CountryBumpkin
11-04-2003, 10:50 PM
Why is it when I post a new tread there's a black dot on the envelope? :confused:

FV
11-05-2003, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by CountryBumpkin
Why is it when I post a new tread there's a black dot on the envelope? :confused:
I am not sure 100%...but I think those envelope symbols with the dot mean that there is nothing new in that thread since you last visited and that you have already posted in that thread..I think..:)

CountryBumpkin
11-06-2003, 07:59 AM
It's when I start a tread though...:confused:
Not when I post a reply to a different thread.
This reminds me of workmans comp,Once you're on it and try to get a job some where else you have a black mark in your file that prevents you from getting hired,since the company is usually afraid it will happen to them.Phooy:rolleyes:
Does anyone else have an idea why the black dot is on my envelope when I start a tread?
Thank you FV for your idea.

Alanb
12-24-2003, 03:28 PM
CountryBumpkin,

The black dot in the envelope simply means that you've posted within that thread. It does not matter if you started the thread or if someone else started it. It's only the board's way of telling you that you have made a post within that thread.

Prior to my posting this reply, there was no black dot in the envelope when I viewed the topics page. Once I click "Submit Reply" and return to the forum topics page, I will then see a dot in the envelope.

kirppu
01-06-2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Alanb
The black dot in the envelope simply means that you've posted within that thread. Ah, the secret of the black dot revealed! hehe

byrdman
01-07-2004, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by kirppu
Ah, the secret of the black dot revealed! hehe

:BL :BL

Al

Jud
01-07-2004, 09:34 AM
Now what about the Black Hole?

byrdman
01-07-2004, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Jud
Now what about the Black Hole?

Black Hole: A black hole is a region of spacetime from which nothing can escape, even light.

Now who can explain that??:) :confused: :)

Al

kirppu
01-08-2004, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Jud
Now what about the Black Hole? LOL!!! I think that is a bit more difficult hehe

Grace
01-13-2004, 06:29 PM
Black dot, black hole...... what do you think, Shania ?

Black eyes, blue tears ?

:D ;) :BL