PDA

View Full Version : Shania on Up!

cbspock
08-11-2004, 08:13 PM
This is from page 414 of the Eggar book....

"Come On Over was so big I don't know if anyone can do that for two records in a row," she admits "I'm a bit too realistic to set that goal for myself. I did want to put a better record together and I think I have. If the fans come back and agree with me then I'll know I've done it"

So, do you agree with Shania or disagree????

jen
08-12-2004, 01:20 AM
That is interesting because the other day I listened to both albums back to back and just thought about how different they are. The fiddles on COO compared to the banjo's on UP!......the litle ewwws and yep yahs on COO compared to not so many of them on UP! It really is a hard decision to make.......I love COO and it is a fun album and is my favorite to play when I am getting ready to go to a party or driving to Vegas. UP! is a different kind of album in my opinion.....it is my favorite album when I am going on a long drive to just think. The album really has songs that make me think, especially on the songs, like I'm Jealous or "Ain't No Particular Way!" :) So did Shania put a better record together??? I would have to say I agree, mission accomplished.......Shania has grown and so have I....... I can relate to many of the songs that are on UP! more than the songs that are on COO.

Steve F
08-12-2004, 11:47 AM
I think UP is better maybe artistically in some respects, but I think I still prefer COO. But then the WIM tears at me as to whether I like that better than COO. It is all very confusing. I was just thinking yesterday that it is time to run COO in my van for a while. I've been listening to UP for some time now while on the road. Now I am totally confused. I guess I can say this: "WIM, COO, UP, I like you best!:love

Steve

joyce
08-12-2004, 03:22 PM
I love all of Shania's CD, but I would have to say that UP is my favorite. There are so many songs on it that I relate to. When I'm on the road, UP is the first CD to go into the player followed by her other CDs. I'm surprised my kids haven't hid my Shania CDs because I listen to them all the time.

Shaniafan2000
11-02-2004, 12:57 AM
Although, I do love up, I have to say that right now it ranks only ahead of Shania Twain in my opinion. And before I get jumped on like a pack of dogs here is why....as albums as a whole go, I like TWIM best, followed by COO and then Up, although if we were including the 3 new songs from Greatest Hits, I would place them between Come On Over and Up. Now there are songs that I LOVE on Up! including

IGGG
WAWB
FAFA
Jealous
Up!
IOHWIB
WYKM
IAGD
WBMW
but there are just some songs that just don't strike me as much as those on TWIM or COO...those songs include

Ka-Ching
Juanita
SNJAPF
I'm Not In the mood
ANPW
TYB

With that said I do love up and all the incarnations of it excpet Blue, which I rarely listen to.

~Steven

Ellie
11-22-2004, 01:31 PM
For me nothing will ever be able to beat TWIM, but who knows, maybe the next album will (I hope so!). I love UP! but it honestly isn't my favorite. I would rank Shania's albums as follows:

TWIM
COO
UP!
ST

Shaniafan2000
11-23-2004, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Ellie
For me nothing will ever be able to beat TWIM, but who knows, maybe the next album will (I hope so!). I love UP! but it honestly isn't my favorite. I would rank Shania's albums as follows:

TWIM
COO
UP!
ST

Cool! That is my ranking of Shania's cds as well.:Bthumb Though I love all of them....:)

Steve F
11-23-2004, 03:17 PM
I still feel the same as I did in August. I did want to make a new observation though. I don't believe the new GH CD will get anywhere near 10 Million in sales. GH albums usually don't sell that well as the songs have already been bought in other albums. Maybe I should make an exception for the Eagles Greatest Hits Vol 1 @ 28 Million. I would love to be wrong, but I don't think it will. If she sells more than 5, maybe 6, I would be surprised.

[Waiting for the rocks to be thrown at me:CZ ]

Steve

HomerSimpson
11-23-2004, 05:13 PM
Up is a wonderful album, but I prefer COO.

Shaniafan2000
11-23-2004, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Steve F
I still feel the same as I did in August. I did want to make a new observation though. I don't believe the new GH CD will get anywhere near 10 Million in sales. GH albums usually don't sell that well as the songs have already been bought in other albums. Maybe I should make an exception for the Eagles Greatest Hits Vol 1 @ 28 Million. I would love to be wrong, but I don't think it will. If she sells more than 5, maybe 6, I would be surprised.

[Waiting for the rocks to be thrown at me:CZ ]

Steve

I somewhat agree. Though it would be a shame for it to not sell that many copies. A song like "Don't!" deserves to be on a new studio cd. But still, I'm glad for the GH cd to have the radio edits of certain songs and for the three new songs until the new album is released, which at this point looks to be no sooner than 2006 from all indications at this point....