PDA

View Full Version : Plan of Attack--Singles, Albums

ojibiwanqueenst
08-21-2004, 02:39 PM
Shania Fans,

In order to assure Shania's albums/singles reach their potential, it is our duty to alert the public. Here are some steps each individual should go through for each single/album release:

1) Email the specifics to local Radio DJs and PDs
-This includes single title, release date, album release date, album tracklisting, etc.

2) Email the specifics to public news sites
-This includes places like Country Nation, Country Stars, CMT.com, etc.

3) Call into radio stations with the news of a new album.

4) Post banners, etc. on Public Message Boards as your signature.
-This includes places like Pulse Music, Country Weekly, etc.

So Shania fans, Start Now!!

ojibiwanqueenst
08-21-2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by ojibiwanqueenst

Use a banner like this to promote the GH (Thanks Chris)

http://img20.exs.cx/img20/1074/b_533_ShaniaGH.gif

cbspock
08-21-2004, 03:14 PM
To quote Lee Marvin in the movie Delta Force...

Take'm Down!

hehe hehe

Get ready to start requesting in about 4-6 weeks!!! :D

-Chris

chicker
08-21-2004, 03:46 PM
GREAT IDEA.... :cool:

Thanks for that, will get right onto it here in the UK where she definately needs some major backing publicity wise :(

Can I pinch that banner for my siggy then??? ;)

cbspock
08-21-2004, 03:47 PM
Please no banners or pictures in Signatures on the board.

Thank You!

-Chris

chicker
08-21-2004, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by cbspock
Please no banners or pictures in Signatures on the board.

Thank You!

-Chris

Can i use your banner on others though Chris??

cbspock
08-21-2004, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by chicker
Can i use your banner on others though Chris??

Sure!

-Chris

chicker
08-21-2004, 03:58 PM
Sure!

-Chris

:D Thanks http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/travesmilies/smilie_daumenpos.gif

imonmywayup
08-21-2004, 05:07 PM
To quote Lee Marvin in the movie Delta Force...

Take'm Down!

hehe hehe

Get ready to start requesting in about 4-6 weeks!!! :D

-Chris

AH! And to quote species 8472 as translated by Kes

"The Weak Will Perish!"

cbspock
08-21-2004, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by imonmywayup
AH! And to quote species 8472 as translated by Kes

"The Weak Will Perish!"

hehe hehe hehe

Resistance is futile!!http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/edoom/borgsmile.gif

Or from Galaxy Quest....

Never Give Up! Never Surrender! hehe

-Chris

FV
08-21-2004, 11:11 PM
Shania Fans,

In order to assure Shania's albums/singles reach their potential, it is our duty to alert the public. Here are some steps each individual should go through for each single/album release:

1) Email the specifics to local Radio DJs and PDs
-This includes single title, release date, album release date, album tracklisting, etc.

2) Email the specifics to public news sites
-This includes places like Country Nation, Country Stars, CMT.com, etc.

3) Call into radio stations with the news of a new album.

So Shania fans, Start Now!! Yes, SIR!:BL :Bthumb If I may quote Data from "Star Trek: Insurrection":

Lock and Load. :SN

Sheri
08-22-2004, 12:34 AM
My husband, being the military vet that he is, shakes his head at the lock and load statement. He said obviously you load your weapon before you lock it. The correct phrase is load and lock. Write that down somewhere, our dear Data made a mistake. ;)

CSCfan
08-23-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Sheri
My husband, being the military vet that he is, shakes his head at the lock and load statement. He said obviously you load your weapon before you lock it. The correct phrase is load and lock. Write that down somewhere, our dear Data made a mistake. ;)

To quote:

Originally posted by Janeway
"Do It!"

:p:p :BL

And now....

Originally posted by Janeway

"Dismissed! (That's a starfleet expression for; 'Get Out!') "

CSCfan
08-23-2004, 02:35 PM

:eek:

Don't let him (Data) hear that....;) :p

ojibiwanqueenst
08-23-2004, 02:56 PM
So, today is Monday. Great day to start letting the public know what we know about the GH..

1) Release Date
2) 3 new songs

Have fun!!

cbspock
08-23-2004, 03:05 PM
So, today is Monday. Great day to start letting the public know what we know about the GH..

1) Release Date
2) 3 new songs

Have fun!!

I have done that already, what's next?

-Chris

ojibiwanqueenst
08-23-2004, 03:48 PM
I have done that already, what's next?

-Chris

Hijack Mercury!! MWAAAHHAHAAAHH!!! :CZ

I guess sit tight until the single is annouced and trust me, I have alot for y'all to do.

BTW, should you have suggestions as to something the fans should do, please post. Other wise, go here to and help support Shania

Pulse Music (http://pulsemusic.proboards12.com) * Already threads here under Country and Music forums.

Country Weekly Message Board (http://www.countryweekly.com) * Be careful! They don't particularly like Shania here.

This is War!! LOL

Joni
08-23-2004, 04:18 PM
Sounds like a plan!

Joni

ojibiwanqueenst
08-26-2004, 07:13 AM
Send out the tracklisting!!! :D

hania Twain First Ever Greatest Hits Album in Stores November 9, 2004

Press Release Source: Mercury Records Nashville

Thursday August 26, 6:01 am ET

NASHVILLE, Tenn., Aug. 26 /PRNewswire/ -- Shania Twain's Greatest Hits, the first ever greatest hits album from the multi-Grammy, platinum-selling artist will be released November 9, 2004. The 21-track album will consist of Twain's chart-topping hits, as well as three brand new songs.

Twain has celebrated 16 top ten career hits -- 10 of which have reached the top five and 8 secured the elite no. 1 spot. With her most recent album UP! earning certification of 10x platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America, Twain is the only artist in history to have three consecutive 10x platinum certified albums. The other two being The Woman In Me (12x platinum) and Come On Over (19x platinum).

"Party for Two," the first single to be released to radio, is recorded in two versions. In one version, Twain pairs with Sugar Ray front man Mark McGrath, the other with country newcomer Billy Currington. Videos for both versions were recently filmed in Europe and are scheduled to begin airing in September.

"I wanted to put together all of my favorite songs from over the years for a fun, high energy album. This record is exactly that, as well as a dedication to all of the passionate fans that have enjoyed and supported me throughout the years," exclaims Twain.

Twain's recently wrapped 2003-2004 UP! Tour reached nearly $80 million overall in ticket sales for North America. The 2004 leg alone brought in over $34 million, making this leg of Twain's tour the top grossing country tour of 2004.

Shania Twain's Greatest Hits track listing (in sequence order):

"Forever and For Always"
"I'm Gonna Getcha Good"
"UP!"
"Come On Over"
"Man! I Feel Like A Woman!"
"That Don't Impress Me Much"
"From This Moment"
"Honey, I'm Home"
"You're Still The One"
"Don't Be Stupid"
"Love Gets Me Every Time"
"No One Needs To Know"
"You Win My Love"
"I'm Outta Here"
"The Woman In Me"
"Any Man Of Mine"
"Whose Bed Have Your Boots"
"Party for Two' (with Mark McGrath)"
"Don't!"
"Party for Two (with Billy Currington)"
"I Ain't No Quitter"

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040826/clth003a_1.html

cbspock
08-26-2004, 07:16 AM
Check out the current thread...........

http://www.shania-twain.org/mb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15135

ojibiwanqueenst
08-26-2004, 02:37 PM
Check out the current thread...........

http://www.shania-twain.org/mb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15135

HEY1 HEY1 HEY1

ojibiwanqueenst
08-29-2004, 05:12 PM
Let's get the news out about the add date for "Party For Two" September 7th.

cbspock
08-29-2004, 05:56 PM
Let's get the news out about the add date for "Party For Two" September 7th.

I've been doing that since Friday night!!!

-Chris

Steve F
08-29-2004, 06:23 PM

I hear you Sheri, but the way I remember, and you have to humor me since it was 37 years ago, but this is how I remember them saying it, "Lock and Load Gentlemen!" Now I understand that doesn't work well, but that's how I recall it. Maybe because it sounds more macho to say lock and load instead of the other way around.:confused: :D :D

Steve

Jud
08-31-2004, 01:55 PM
Okey guys, start to get ready, tomorrow is 1st of september.

There is a chance that the single will be "leaked" to the air a couple of days before 7th of september.

But even if not, there is not too much time till the album comes out. It has to be around the top 10 till than.
So we have to request the song to create a big buzz: check out your phone-line, fax and internet-connection and go for it!

And don't forget, the key of success here is consistensy in requesting.

cbspock
08-31-2004, 05:25 PM
Ready to ROCK!!!!!

-Chris

jen
08-31-2004, 05:29 PM
Yep the buzz is already going.....and have alredy been requesting Shania's older songs. I am already earing more and more of her on the radio. :)

ojibiwanqueenst
08-31-2004, 05:36 PM
I think we should start requesting PFT Labor Day weekend. Start Friday night that way the stations know to start playing it on Tuesday

cbspock
08-31-2004, 05:43 PM
I think we should start requesting PFT Labor Day weekend. Start Friday night that way the stations know to start playing it on Tuesday

I've started already letting the stations here know about it.

-Chris

jen
08-31-2004, 05:51 PM
Someone in the fanclub just posted he heard it on the radio:eek: and it sounded great! I just put on my radio to see , maybe they will play it early:)

cbspock
08-31-2004, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by jen
Someone in the fanclub just posted he heard it on the radio:eek: and it sounded great! I just put on my radio to see , maybe they will play it early:)

and the station they heard it on???

-Chris

jen
08-31-2004, 06:23 PM
haha they didn't say now someone posted that their dad heard the single with Marc mcgrath on another station......either way keep ur ears open!!! I am trying to get my station to play it now!!:)

cbspock
08-31-2004, 06:31 PM
I HEARD THE SONG ON THE CT countrystation!!!!!! WHOHOO!!!

more to follow...I have to call them and request it again!!!

-Chris

GetchaGood
08-31-2004, 06:35 PM
Oh I want to hear it so bad! I hope the song appears online soon....

cbspock
08-31-2004, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by GetchaGood
Oh I want to hear it so bad! I hope the song appears online soon....

DON'T WHINE!!! , REQUEST IT!!!! They are PLAYING IT!!!!!

WHOHOO!!!!

-Chris

GetchaGood
08-31-2004, 06:39 PM
I was just saying...

Anyways, what is it like?

cbspock
08-31-2004, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by GetchaGood
I was just saying...

Anyways, what is it like?

Request on WMZQ, they stream online.

-Chris

ojibiwanqueenst
09-01-2004, 07:21 PM
Time to Split the Troops!!!

An undisclosed sourve, or little bird as I shall call them, has told me CMT won't add the video for 4 weeks. Now, if the video is done and they have it, that is ridiculous but Time to Storm the CMT Top 20 MB!!!! Post that you want to see "Party for Two". I will get a link in a bit.:BL

cbspock
09-01-2004, 07:31 PM
Time to Split the Troops!!!

An undisclosed sourve, or little bird as I shall call them, has told me CMT won't add the video for 4 weeks. Now, if the video is done and they have it, that is ridiculous but Time to Storm the CMT Top 20 MB!!!! Post that you want to see "Party for Two". I will get a link in a bit.:BL

Okay...I'm ready, I got my lightsaber!!http://smilies.jeeptalk.org/otn/violent/lsabre.gif to beat down the Trads!http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/ups/unknown/lsvader.gif they're sneaky, they throw stuff.

-Chris

ojibiwanqueenst
09-01-2004, 07:35 PM
http://www.cmt.com/shows/dyn//top_twenty_countdown/message_board.jhtml

Go to Shania's board and Make Some Noise there too!!!

corran
09-03-2004, 12:54 PM
I heard Paula Young play "Party for Two" by Shania Twain and Billy Young three times in one hour...But "Party for Two" only scored 35% against Trace Adkins 65% fans support...But at least it got played on WMZQ 98.7 FM for three times which is a very significant station here in the Washington DC are...

Benjamin:)

corran
09-03-2004, 12:58 PM
http://www.cmt.com/shows/dyn//top_twenty_countdown/message_board.jhtml

Go to Shania's board and Make Some Noise there too!!!

Yep! sent in my post...Will do so again tonight...

Jud
09-03-2004, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by corran
I heard Paula Young play "Party for Two" by Shania Twain and Billy Young three times in one hour...But "Party for Two" only scored 35% against Trace Adkins 65% fans support...But at least it got played on WMZQ 98.7 FM for three times which is a very significant station here in the Washington DC are...

Well, fans has to pick up the phone, and not waiting for other to do the job for them.
And Adkins's song is longer time on the chart, people already know it.
So Ben, go and do some work on that stations. And of course anyone who can hear WMZQ.

Rufus
09-03-2004, 05:48 PM
on my station KMLE country 108, they have a thing called "Hump it or Dump it" where they play a new song and people call in and say if they hump it (like it) or dump it (hate it), well they played PFT last night at 11pm and shania got dumped big time. it was a final vote of 38% to 62%. i called in a couple of times and got my hump votes in but i was just outmanned! so, as much success as other people are having with their stations, i'm having no such luck

cbspock
09-03-2004, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Rufus
on my station KMLE country 108, they have a thing called "Hump it or Dump it" where they play a new song and people call in and say if they hump it (like it) or dump it (hate it), well they played PFT last night at 11pm and shania got dumped big time. it was a final vote of 38% to 62%. i called in a couple of times and got my hump votes in but i was just outmanned! so, as much success as other people are having with their stations, i'm having no such luck

Where are you??? Post station link?? We can fix them, or at the very least, make sure their exchange email server is working..lol

-Chris

cbspock
09-03-2004, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Jud
Well, fans has to pick up the phone, and not waiting for other to do the job for them.
And Adkins's song is longer time on the chart, people already know it.
So Ben, go and do some work on that stations. And of course anyone who can hear WMZQ.

YES!!! The fans can not be apathetic!!! LIKE EMERSON DRIVE SAID ON TOUR "ON YOUR FEET!!!!"

www.wmzq.com

NO WHINING!!!! REQUEST THE SONG!!! SHANIA TOURED FOR A YEAR PUTTING ON A KICK $$$ show!!! The least we can do is REQUEST HER NEW SONG!!!

-Chris

Rufus
09-03-2004, 05:57 PM
sorry, i forgot to add the link. now, they don't have any direct request email from what i searched but i do have the morning dj's email where i have been requesting him to play the new song nonstop...but he's not listening. his name is Dave and he responds to all of his emails so expect to get something back from him. i'm in AZ btw...

here's the link:
themayor@davepratt.net

corran
09-03-2004, 10:16 PM
YES!!! The fans can not be apathetic!!! LIKE EMERSON DRIVE SAID ON TOUR "ON YOUR FEET!!!!"

www.wmzq.com

NO WHINING!!!! REQUEST THE SONG!!! SHANIA TOURED FOR A YEAR PUTTING ON A KICK $$$ show!!! The least we can do is REQUEST HER NEW SONG!!!

-Chris

Don't worry Jud and Chris I am like Shania Twain when it comes to requesting on WMZQ, Never give up Lol!...You got to keep up the pressure if you want results...So I will keep a requestin...

Benjamin

Jud
09-04-2004, 05:37 AM
Very important to be aware, when the song is being put up for a survey, alone or against other song, and calling in. Because that can stop them playing the song:

Perhaps that's what these stations call today survey.:rolleyes:

They playing it 3 times, than put it up against a song was played to death already, and everyone is familiar with.
If it lost against that song, they will say they did a "survey" and people not liked the song, and won't to hear Shania anymore...

That's about radio... and surveys....and fair airplay...:mad:

------------------------------------
So very important to follow after these so called surveys and poll put up on internet sites of a certain station.

cbspock
09-09-2004, 01:06 PM
shania.com....

September 9: URGENT (ridiculous development overnight) -- Shania's "Party For Two" single slipped to #30, dropped to 586 spins, lost 3 stations (to 90) and nearly 16% of audience impressions the second day after official add date plus one week of early pre-release airplay. Come again??? Most of the Top 20 station leaders apparently had momentary labotomies. Worst spin/audience drops at WUSN Chicago, KZLA Los Angeles, and KILT Houston. The country version of this song is flat-out fabulous. MORE Shania FANS need to make regular REQUESTS. 1-3 times weekly is fine, no more than that. Don't need the same few loyal fans making more requests -- do need MORE fans making a few requests. Thank you... Chart rank is less important, but spins, audience size, major markets and new station adds are critical. Some temporary playlist changes are expected related to the September 11 anniversary. Plays may stagnate for a few days, but Shania's single should not lose spins or any stations.