PDA

View Full Version : When you get the album.....

cbspock
09-28-2004, 05:58 AM
How are you going to listen to the GH CD???? From track 1 to the end, or are you going to jump right to the new songs???

-Chris

Debbie
09-28-2004, 06:10 AM
I know that I will listen to the new ones first and then go back and listen to the 'old' ones and go "AWE". I love all of her stuff but I know that my curiosity about the new ones will get me!:)

Anne-Marie
09-28-2004, 06:11 AM
I am gonna listen to the track 1 to 21, because I am curious witch versions of songs she and Mutt put on the album.

Ellie
09-28-2004, 06:11 AM
Jumpin' straight to the new stuff! I'm dying to hear Don't and Ain't No Quitter:shakeit:

cbspock
09-28-2004, 06:18 AM
I think "Ain't No Quitter" will be the first song I listen to. It is interesting that she put the "GH" tracks backward from recent to past. I think I would prefer the tracks to go from old to new. Shania in the etalk interview makes NO mention of the ST album. She said she has three albums. She also said they concentrated on the older songs, since it is nice to let people know where you have been. She said the one thing they noticed was the consistancy in the sound.

Another interesting tidbit from the etalk interviews, when Shania talks about the music, it is never "I", or "Mutt", it is always "we".

-Chris

jen
09-28-2004, 07:07 AM
the new ones and then the new ones and then the new ones some more.....then by the end of the night I will make my way to track one and go throught the entire album:)

jan b
09-28-2004, 07:30 AM
I will listen to the new ones and then listen to the whole CD.Can't wait!

shabas
09-28-2004, 07:43 AM
i definitely want to hear the new ones first then i'll play the cd from start to finish.:BL

chicker
09-28-2004, 08:10 AM
Definately starting with the new ones :D

Anne-Marie
09-28-2004, 08:53 AM
Seems like I am the only one who will listen to the whole album first. :D
They don`t run away you know, if you listen to the old ones first. ;) :BL

Sheri
09-28-2004, 08:56 AM
I'm with you, Anne-Marie. Just put that baby in the CD player and let her go, start with track number 1 and enjoy. Yeaaaah.

cbspock
09-28-2004, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Anne-Marie
Seems like I am the only one who will listen to the whole album first. :D
They don`t run away you know, if you listen to the old ones first. ;) :BL

:hyst:

-Chris

FV
09-28-2004, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by chicker
Definately starting with the new ones :D
Yep..me too..I doubt I will be able to wait the whole CD before listening to the new ones..LOL!:D

ojibiwanqueenst
09-28-2004, 12:11 PM
Puttin my cd player on random. This will test my patience..(I am taking the day off of school JUST to get the cd! :D :D :D )

Debbie
09-28-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by ojibiwanqueenst
Puttin my cd player on random. This will test my patience..(I am taking the day off of school JUST to get the cd! :D :D :D )

I like your idea of random - then what will be will be. :D But I would probably go nuts - but then I just might try it. Gosh I don't know what I will do. Knowing how I hate to wait I will probably still go to the new ones first. Time will tell!:D

shania-spain
09-28-2004, 12:27 PM
THE NEW ONES FOR SURE FIRST ;) :D

SIL

kirppu
09-28-2004, 12:51 PM
First jump to I Ain't No Quitter, then Don't... then prob PF2 versions, then back to I Ain't No Quitter etc hehe

Rufus
09-28-2004, 01:36 PM
From the first song to the last song. listening through the "oldies" will build up my anticipation for the new ones!:D

come on guys, being shania fans i would think your patience levels are way higher than the average non-shania fan person.

HomerSimpson
09-28-2004, 02:00 PM
I'll jump right to the new songs.Then I will listen to the whole album

cbspock
09-28-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Rufus
From the first song to the last song. listening through the "oldies" will build up my anticipation for the new ones!:D

come on guys, being shania fans i would think your patience levels are way higher than the average non-shania fan person.

hehe hehe :p

-Chris

DOC BILL
09-28-2004, 02:32 PM
I'm just gonna put it on the shelf with the "UP! Live in Chicago" DVD until I get real Shania starved before I listen to the new ones. PFT is gona hold me for quite some time and I'm thinkin' there might not be anything new for a while after this release. DOC

PS
Just kiddin'! I'll go straight to the new stuff-catch a Shania high-then let the "old" stuff choke me UP! Then I'll listen to the new stuff about a hundred more times!!! (I am savin' the Chicago DVD though!)
DOC

cbspock
09-28-2004, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by DOC BILL
I'm just gonna put it on the shelf with the "UP! Live in Chicago" DVD until I get real Shania starved before I listen to the new ones. PFT is gona hold me for quite some time and I'm thinkin' there might not be anything new for a while after this release. DOC

PS
Just kiddin'! I'll go straight to the new stuff-catch a Shania high-then let the "old" stuff choke me UP! Then I'll listen to the new stuff about a hundred more times!!! (I am savin' the Chicago DVD though!)
DOC

I was gonna say, are you feeling alright??? hehe I bet there will be new album end of next year.

-Chris

FV
09-28-2004, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by DOC BILL
PS
DOC
LOL!:BL

matteotempo
09-29-2004, 04:18 AM
I'll jump right to the new ones, starting with Don't!, cause I don't like P42 pop. Then I'll go back to FAFA. But it's interesting the "random thing"...well, I have more than a month to think about it. And, after the Cd, I will put on my DVD player Up! Close&Personal and then I will read Up! And Away...:drool:
What a day!!!!:D

Steve F
09-29-2004, 01:51 PM
Since I already know the old ones, will probably grab a listen to the new ones first. I am especially eager to hear "Don't."

Steve

Redhead Bee
09-29-2004, 09:52 PM
oh definitely the new ones first!!! start with the new and then listen to all the old which still feel as if they were new songs sometimes - just as exciting! it'll be a Shania party all the way!!

Sonal

Jud
09-29-2004, 11:03 PM
I hope it won't come to this kind of decision, and we will hear the new songs on CMT and other sites (including her fan-club) before the release....

kirppu
09-30-2004, 12:30 AM
Practically all new releases are available as a listening party at CMT.com. I hope they make it available for this release also.

DOC BILL
09-30-2004, 03:19 AM
Do you think she'll release another new song from the Greatest Hits Album before the album itself gets released? DOC

Jud
09-30-2004, 03:30 AM
No, but perhaps there will be a preview of the new songs on stream-clips, like it was with UP!, and we can hear them before the album's release.

CSCfan
09-30-2004, 03:54 AM
Definately not.... maybe there will be a 2nd single, maybe not....

imonmywayup
09-30-2004, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by CSCfan
Definately not.... maybe there will be a 2nd single, maybe not....

Don't! is on a soundtrack so it should be released as a single near the end of November or sometime in December.

CSCfan
09-30-2004, 05:32 AM
Could be.... it can also be 'just' a soundtrack song....;) :)

So we'll see....:)

Joni
10-08-2004, 09:48 AM
Doc you had me worried! LOL!
Straight to the new stuff, no patience and no self control when it comes to anything new with Shania!:giggy:

Joni

cbspock
10-08-2004, 09:56 AM
Since the movie is delayed, there is a rumor Quitter gets released 2nd.

-Chris

jen
10-08-2004, 12:44 PM
Yeah i read about that, dang J-LO!!!:D JK !! I hope this doesn't hurt the plans of the album promotion.

cbspock
10-10-2004, 10:58 AM
Added on top of the album release we have Up! Close coming out, so how is that going to affect your listening to the CD?

-Chris

Debbie
10-10-2004, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by cbspock
Added on top of the album release we have Up! Close coming out, so how is that going to affect your listening to the CD?

-Chris

Don't think it will affect my listening at all. First the CD, new songs first, and then watch the DVD. Basicly I will be in Shania land!!!:drool:

kirppu
10-10-2004, 07:08 PM
Unless they release it here on Oct 8th... I'll prob get the album way earlier than the dvd, so it won't affect a thing :p

In any case, I'll listen to the new songs first on the album :D

CSCfan
10-10-2004, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by kirppu
Unless they release it here on Oct 8th... I'll prob get the album way earlier than the dvd, so it won't affect a thing :p

In any case, I'll listen to the new songs first on the album :D

October 8th? Fat chance for that one.... ain't gonna happen! ;) :p

FV
10-10-2004, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by kirppu
Unless they release it here on Oct 8th...
If it is released on October 8th in Finland..I am gonna have to move there ....:BL :D

kirppu
10-11-2004, 02:44 AM
Oooopsie, wrong month :p :hyst:

FV
10-11-2004, 08:05 AM
I think I am going to listen to the new tracks and at the same time watch the special DVD on TV..LOL!:D we still were missing 4 songs from the version they aired last November..so this is going to be interesting to see why those 4 were cut...

FV
10-27-2004, 05:05 PM
So now I do not know whether I need to change my answer here..LOL! I have heard the new songs a lot these past days..so maybe I'll start from the first track and just follow that order...:p

cbspock
10-27-2004, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by FV
So now I do not know whether I need to change my answer here..LOL! I have heard the new songs a lot these past days..so maybe I'll start from the first track and just follow that order...:p

Cheater! hehe lol :p

-Chris