PDA

View Full Version : Seems Like Forever...

GonnaGetcha720
10-21-2004, 04:18 PM
Well Shania fans, after 77 weeks on the charts, Shania Twain's hit single "Forever and For Always" (20-Pop, 4-Country, 1-AC) has slipped out of the top 20.

The single was released to AC and pop radio on August 4, 2003 and charted #1 on AC November 8, 2003. "Forever and For Always" was Shania's most successful single from her 2002 project, "Up!" Congratulations to Shania. "Forever and For Always" was the longest running song on the charts for Twain since 1999.

HOWEVER the song actually gained radio spins today according to Mediabase and could be back in the top 20 next week. "Forever and For Always" is currently being played 1150 times each week in the U.S. and has gained 49 spins this week. Congrats to Shania and the success of "Forever and For Always!"

http://mujweb.cz/www/shaniatwain/FAFA_13.jpg

cbspock
10-21-2004, 04:23 PM
106.7 Lite FM here on Long Island / NYC uses the video in their TV commercials :D

This is one of Shania's classic songs. Seems her love songs are the ones that stick with people the most.

-Chris

DOC BILL
10-21-2004, 08:58 PM
It's a beautiful song! I believe it will become her "signature" song over time. DOC

GonnaGetcha720
10-21-2004, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by DOC BILL
It's a beautiful song! I believe it will become her "signature" song over time. DOC

It's very beautiful...

...however, I think "Man I Feel Like a Woman!" has already become her signature song...FAFA can become her signature ballad but then there is also From THis Moment...

Gosh...so many good songs...this is why I like Shania Twain...

cbspock
10-21-2004, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by GonnaGetcha720
It's very beautiful...

...however, I think "Man I Feel Like a Woman!" has already become her signature song...FAFA can become her signature ballad but then there is also From THis Moment...

Gosh...so many good songs...this is why I like Shania Twain...

I agree, MIFLAW is definitely her song. You hear those opening notes, and you know Shania is around. That is why she used it to open her concerts.

Her ballads, I think her song is YSTO is the one she is most known for. Like you said, there are so many.

TWIM, YSTO, FTMO, YGAW, FAFA, WYKM, WGTKYTG, I'm Jealous.

Seems Shania has a bad case of the Mutt...lol

-Chris

Shunyeuh
10-21-2004, 10:02 PM
i love all her trade mark songs...

her no 1 hit was any man of mine which is always gonna be a tm song:D :D

oh and in 98 i called in to cmt requestline and dedicated any man of mine to shania.. to let her know it was first song i heard and it was all time fav.. any way the artists would call in and request their song any way i did that and they played it on the monday i called in on a friday they played it as a closet classic .. they said alot of people asked for it.. im thinking yeah right.. im so sure.. :D :D :D

DOC BILL
10-22-2004, 12:39 PM
Interesting that FAFA leads off the Greatest Hits album though. DOC

Jud
10-22-2004, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by DOC BILL
Interesting that FAFA leads off the Greatest Hits album though. DOC

Because they arranged the singles (hits) in backward chronological order.