PDA

View Full Version : The making of TWIM

cbspock
02-13-2005, 07:19 PM
From the quote thread......

TWIM...Luke Lewis.... (note: Harold is the one that found Toby)

"Harold didn't want to do the album, I mean at all", says Luke, "didn't want to sign off on the budget. I was working in this precarious position with him with my bosses trying to keep the peace with each other. We were at each other's throats, we had completely different philosophies. Not to slight Harold, but he didn't get Shania."

Mutt makes Luke a deal that he couldn't refuse.....

"Mutt would cover everything over 200,000 dollars", says Lewis. Him and Her -she was definitely involved -made a righteous move and took me out of the line of fire politcally, allowed them to do it, and spoke to their own belief in what they were doing"

Paul Leim (session musician on all 3 shania albums):
Mutt Lange studies whatever he's going to go after," he grins. "He was coming to into town for the first time, and he knew every musician he wanted, just like the notes he wanted and the licks he heard. This was like a bank robbery, planned from the very beginning. He came to Nashville, robbed the bank and took all the money. It was great". hehe hehe

Steve F
02-14-2005, 12:34 PM
Cool story. "Not to slight Harold, but he didn't get Shania." You could say that about most of Nashville in general.;)

Steve

cbspock
02-14-2005, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by cbspock
From the quote thread......

"He was coming to into town for the first time, and he knew every musician he wanted, just like the notes he wanted and the licks he heard. This was like a bank robbery, planned from the very beginning. He came to Nashville, robbed the bank and took all the money. It was great". hehe hehe

and he got the girl too...lol

-Chris

Steve F
02-22-2005, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by cbspock
and he got the girl too...lol

-Chris

Not only did he get the girl, he gets to ride sheep-herd with her off into the New Zealand Sunset wearing matching wool sweaters.:kiss :HA

Steve