PDA

View Full Version : Don't Give Up On Me...

ojibiwanqueenst
04-05-2005, 08:52 PM
Shania Fans,

I realize that "Don't!"s situation looks grave. It can be very disheartening to see that the song treads water. I want to give you all a prep talk here so please listen up! lol

Country radio is a strange piece of work. Some songs can hit #1 in 15 weeks, and some songs take 30+ weeks to hit the top of the charts. Country is stuck on recurrent play and the charts move very slow. Sugarland, for example, did the same thing "Don't!" is doing: up and down, up and down. That single just recently peaked at #2.

An industry site is reporting "Don't!" as a "Hot Pick" by more stations now than ever!!

Don't! could very well be one of those that needs time and nurturing to get it to the top. I am asking you to please not give up on this single.

If your station is not playing the song (ask me, I will find out), please let me know. I have some contacts at UMG and I plan on calling them at the end of the week.

The song is moving well at AC, but country is Shania's core. Please help us move this song. If the song doesn't move by week 20 we can call it quits. Give me 8 more weeks, we can't let this song go recurrent, not just yet.

There are many threads here to help you request. Please visit them often and put in a few. I have it all spelled out for you in the "Current Requesting Thread".

Thank you! I appreciate it!

:D

cbspock
04-05-2005, 09:08 PM
A droid showed up with this message.......
Shania Fans, years ago you served me well in the Nashville Clone Wars. Now I beg you to help me in this struggle against the Music Row Empire. I regret that I am unable to present my request to you in person, but my song has fallen under attack and I'm afraid my mission to bring you a hit song has failed....This is our most desperate hour. Help me, Shania Fans, you're my only hope.

"Help me Shania Fans, you're my only hope...."

http://www.shaniasplace.com/Dax_Gallery/jpgs/Dax0052.jpg

SO REQUEST THE SONG!!!!!!
COUNTRY RADIO (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17217)

AC RADIO (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17370)

-Chris

jen
04-05-2005, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by cbspock
A droid showed up with this message.......
Shania Fans, years ago you served me well in the Nashville Clone Wars. Now I beg you to help me in this struggle against the Music Row Empire. I regret that I am unable to present my request to you in person, but my song has fallen under attack and I'm afraid my mission to bring you a hit song has failed....This is our most desperate hour. Help me, Shania Fans, you're my only hope.

"Help me Shania Fans, you're my only hope...."

http://www.shaniasplace.com/Dax_Gallery/jpgs/Dax0052.jpg

SO REQUEST THE SONG!!!!!!
COUNTRY RADIO (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17217)

AC RADIO (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17370)

-Chris I am still trying to hold on and trying to request at least once a day to all 3 of my stations.

LOL funny, can I use that pic to post on the fan club for support?

cbspock
04-05-2005, 10:25 PM
Go ahead. I don't think Dax would mind. Yes, I rewrote Princess Leia's message..lol I'm such a Star Wars Geek..lol

-Chris

Sheri
04-05-2005, 11:31 PM
Very well said, ojibwanqueenst. I often shake my head at those who declare it dead in the water before it's time. If anything, that type of attitude DOES kill it before it's time by discouraging and disheartening fans to the point of giving up on it already.

When it's no longer on the charts at all, I'll know it's time to move on to the next song. Not a moment before. Until then? Thanks for the kick in the pants. I'm one of those who allowed herself to feel SLIGHTLY disheartened. Back to requesting full force!

Jud
04-06-2005, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Sheri
Very well said, ojibwanqueenst. I often shake my head at those who declare it dead in the water before it's time. If anything, that type of attitude DOES kill it before it's time by discouraging and disheartening fans to the point of giving up on it already.

I never say don't request a song.
I always said to request it no matter what, even when the song is finished - for not giving music row any excuse, that Shania is not requested.

On the other hand, I won't say, that a song will be #1 or even top 10, when it's not. Not saying something obvious, won't change the reality.

We can handle that too.

SSA316
04-06-2005, 01:13 AM
I'll request.
Although it is going to be an uphill....well, vertical battle from here considering large markets are barely playing the song.

Steve F
04-06-2005, 11:53 AM
I just posted elsewhere that my AC station is now playing Don't, and they usually "don't" play Shania's songs for a long, long time after they come out. Once they do have them on their playlist however, they play them for a long time. I heard FTMO and YSTO just yesterday for example. This station has been playing FTMO since the Spring of 1998. It is where I first discovered Shania. So for 7 years they have played FTMO:eek: :eek: ;)

I think if that movie came out right now, Don't would have an awsome surge, but as some of you have said, maybe it will surge back up on it's own.:)

Steve

SSA316
04-06-2005, 01:32 PM
Here are a bunch of request links for Don't! on Country radio! ;)

http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17335

windtalker
04-06-2005, 01:55 PM
LOL :BL I love that pic!!

:D

Steve F
04-06-2005, 05:25 PM
Yep, one cool pic.;)

Steve

limited
04-07-2005, 03:49 PM
I just spent the last hour requesting! I do this every day! This song is too good to let go of. We need to keep pushing!

FV
04-08-2005, 09:06 AM
Done! :D I have requested to a bunch of radio stations, small and large...let's hope for some momentum when Shania appears at the CMT Awards....:BL

ojibiwanqueenst
04-08-2005, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by FV
Done! :D I have requested to a bunch of radio stations, small and large...let's hope for some momentum when Shania appears at the CMT Awards....:BL

The momentum would be for the album. Call it quits you guys..keep it goin at CMT and GAC-that helps the GH.

Sit back and relax--in a little over a month we will (should) have a new single to request!! :GL

Steve F
04-08-2005, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by ojibiwanqueenst
The momentum would be for the album. Call it quits you guys..keep it goin at CMT and GAC-that helps the GH.

Sit back and relax--in a little over a month we will (should) have a new single to request!! :GL

It just seems this single is not destined for the top, even though it is destined for greatness in my book.;) Yes, IANQ should be coming right "UP"!;)

Steve

Sheri
04-08-2005, 11:03 PM
I think Don't is just beginning. I have always felt this would be destined for good things on the AC market. FAFA has stayed around forever on AC, even thou the country stations seemed too happy to let it go. Same with YSTO and FTMO. The AC market loves that sound and Don't fits riiight in.

cbspock
04-08-2005, 11:06 PM
Pretty sad the best selling artist in country is treated like dirt.

-Chris

Jud
04-08-2005, 11:18 PM
The ironoc thing is, that Don't!'s hardest competition in AC will be also country: McBride, McGraw, Rascall Flatts, and even maybe Lonestar.

:rolleyes: