PDA

View Full Version : 'I Ain't No Quitter' on BBC Radio 2

Andy
06-16-2005, 03:40 PM
Hi Everyone,
Interesting to read the current debate about ."I Ain't No Quitter" (IANQ) getting the radio attention it deserves in the States.
I was delighted to hear Nick Barraclough on BBC Radio 2 play the Promo CD on the Mercury Label last night :)...He has been a little condescending of Shania's music in recent years... more in jest maybe?...Regarding what he feels Shania's breakaway from Country Music?. Great to hear that IANQ has changed his mind again :) WooHoo!

Nick said " Well That's Shania Twain with IANQ ..Despite all the polish, the gismo's and all the production in that, which is huge, the playing is fantastic and the arrangements terrific too and 'IT IS A COUNTRY SONG'..a 2005 Country song..very Texas, very texas swing really..Bob Wills would spin wouldn't he?..Well he might love it you never know?
You can hear the track and Nicks words by clicking on this link -
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/barraclough/playlist.shtml
Pick UP! from 25 minutes in on Radio Player

I would like to hear your thoughts on the above..If your a UK fan like me send Nick a thank you email . :)

I Ain't No Quitter" is indeed a feel good, traditional country/western piece of music for sure! :)
The Quitter Code discussion on these boards is also a masterpiece...Shania has never left Country Music ..If only Nashville would get this vibe.
Regards Andy

jen
06-16-2005, 09:29 PM
Pretty cool that he played the song. Keep requesting there in the UK and spread the word. I hope it catches on!

Steve F
06-17-2005, 11:15 AM
Nice, I kind of forget from time to time that they do play country in the UK.:o

Steve

Andy
06-17-2005, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Steve F
Nice, I kind of forget from time to time that they do play country in the UK.:o

Steve

Yes great to hear Shania and the praise it received.
Things aren't quite that bad Steve thankfully. There are a whole host of Country Radio Stations on the BBC Radio network. A friend of mine Marie hosts a Monday evening show 19:00-21:00 UK Time http://www.bbc.co.uk/shropshire/radio_shropshire/bbc_radio_shropshire_index.shtml
I'll make sure Shania continues to be heard ! :)

Interestingly the singer-songwriters such as Gretchen Peters, Beth Nielsen Chapman, Nanci Griffith, Kate Campbell, Mary Chapin Carpenter are frequently heard on daytime BBC Radio 2 . Their music is warmly received over here. Because of this their albums have been released months ahead of the States and they frequently tour over here.

I hope that ."I Ain't No Quitter" will make the BBC Radio playlist soon! :) I'm supporting it on the Radio 2 Message boards....Shania has been made into something of an easy target in recent years by the more Trad/hardcore Country Fans. Country music is a broad church and everyone tastes should be respected? What say u ?
Regards Andy

Jud
06-21-2005, 09:09 AM
Seems to me, that Nick can give a compliment when it needed. A kind of fair play unfortunatelly mainstream country radio can't say about itself.
Too much industry politics and payola.

Steve F
06-22-2005, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Jud
Seems to me, that Nick can give a compliment when it needed. A kind of fair play unfortunatelly mainstream country radio can't say about itself.
Too much industry politics and payola.

I totally agree Jud!

Steve

FV
06-25-2005, 12:42 PM
Hopefully they will play her a little bit more...we need to keep requesting everywhere...Well done on the BBC2!:BL