PDA

View Full Version : "Shoes" on the Charts

Pages : [1] 2

tides24
08-27-2005, 07:20 AM
"Shoes" has debuted on the Country Airplay charts, coming in at #75.

RandyGK
08-27-2005, 08:17 AM
"Shoes" has debuted on the Country Airplay charts, coming in at #75.

GREAT NEWS!! I hope it climbs fast!! Any chance for a number one before the album come out?

Jud
08-27-2005, 08:33 AM
No. The fastest female #1 so far was Love Gets Me Everytime, it took 5 or 6 weeks.
Even Wilson's latest totally over-hyped All Jacked Up could not get break that yet....

GonnaGetcha720
08-27-2005, 09:25 AM
27/08/05, 3.35am (DAY 2)

SHOES >> #75 with 39 spins, +39 plays and 0.532 audience impression. Btw, the song is actually at #61 in audience impressions. Let's request hard...I would like to see a debut on BB in the top 40!! :GL

cbspock
08-27-2005, 10:07 AM
Well keep requesting!!! The Tim/Faith Duet is already ahead of it.

-Chris

GonnaGetcha720
08-27-2005, 08:03 PM
Well keep requesting!!! The Tim/Faith Duet is already ahead of it.

-Chris

It will probably stay that way too...Faith and Tim are Nashville's 'it' couple right now...and Shania has NO promo out for this single yet. That means we're going to take on a double load just like we did before the IANQ video was released. Let's PLEASE Request hard...I know we can do it! GO HERE FOR ULTIMATE REQUESTING GUIDE (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17515)

GonnaGetcha720
08-27-2005, 09:28 PM
BTW, Here's a comparison of Position/spins/aud. imp. between D!, PFT, IANQ, and S after one day of chart activity:

"Party For Two" After One Day
#61 > > 37 Spins > > 0.594 Mill. Aud. Imp.
"Don't!" After One Day
#59 > > 53 Spins > > 0.415 Mill. Aud. Imp.
"I Ain't No Quitter" After One Day
#61 > > 147 Spins > > 0.688 Mill. Aud. Imp.
"Shoes" After One Day
#75 > > 39 Spins > > 0.532 Mill. Aud. Imp.

So, as you can see you can't really tell anything from first day comparisons. But I just think it's interesting that IANQ started off with a great first day but then quickly went negative.

NOTE: When I say first day...I mean the first day after it was released to radio.

Jud
08-27-2005, 09:35 PM
yeah, this first day comparisions say not much, specially since this is not a regular lead single for Shania's album, but of a Soundtrack.

GonnaGetcha720
08-28-2005, 11:19 AM
28/08/05, 3.18am (DAY 3)

SHOES >> #72 with 43 spins, +43 plays and 0.562 audience impression. Btw, the song is actually at #60 in audience impressions. Let's request hard...Not much of a move since yesterday. Please request at your local stations and make country radio listeners 'aware' of this single. We don't want this to turn into another IANQ chart run.

ojibiwanqueenst
08-28-2005, 12:31 PM
Not much? It didn't change at all lol.

ryry2008
08-28-2005, 12:43 PM
Actually the offical release date is tomorrow, so thats when it actually counts.

cbspock
08-28-2005, 03:22 PM
I wish they would actually release this as a CD single, or a digital single on iTunes.

-Chris

GonnaGetcha720
08-28-2005, 05:46 PM
28/08/05, 2.46pm (DAY 3 CONT.)

SHOES >> #69 with 55 spins, +55 plays and 0.742 audience impression. Btw, the song is actually at #61 in audience impressions. Let's request hard...a nice 200K gain today!

sas
08-28-2005, 05:54 PM
Very Interesting that 4 of the starter stations are CLEAR CHANNEL STATIONS..

cbspock
08-28-2005, 06:08 PM
Interesting.

-Chris

cbspock
08-28-2005, 07:59 PM
Here are all the stations CC owns..

http://www.cjr.org/tools/owners/clearchannel.asp

-Chris

GonnaGetcha720
08-28-2005, 08:18 PM
SHANIA FANS LISTEN UP!

Please Request Hard at the following station:

KTYS-Dallas (they never played IANQ or Shoes and only played PFT after it went recurrent). It is amazing they are giving Shoes a try. They have spun it 4 times in the past 48 hours. PLEASE request hard there! It's a very much needed top 25 market supporter!!!!

EMAIL THEM HERE!!!! http://www.967thetwister.com/crew.asp

Also remember to request at the usual Shania top 25 supporters Chicago and Atlanta. Atlanta is testing the song now!!!!! Go HERE FOR THE ULTIMATE REQUESTING GUIDE!!! (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/showthread.php?t=17473)

sas
08-28-2005, 08:22 PM
Just found this little tidbit on the R&R site....

Working Shoes: Radio programmers shouldn't be surprised to find new "Shoes" on their desk Monday, courtesy of Lyric Street. The new Shania Twain single advances the Sept. 20 release of Music From and Inspired by Desperate Housewives. The hit series and Lyric Street are both ABC/Disney properties, hence the one-off promotion arrangement. Interestingly, the move temporarily reunites Lyric Street VP/Promotion Kevin Herring with Twain. Herring promoted Twain's first two albums while in a similar capacity at Mercury in the mid-'90s.

cbspock
08-28-2005, 08:23 PM
Just found this little tidbit on the R&R site....

Working Shoes: Radio programmers shouldn't be surprised to find new "Shoes" on their desk Monday, courtesy of Lyric Street. The new Shania Twain single advances the Sept. 20 release of Music From and Inspired by Desperate Housewives. The hit series and Lyric Street are both ABC/Disney properties, hence the one-off promotion arrangement. Interestingly, the move temporarily reunites Lyric Street VP/Promotion Kevin Herring with Twain. Herring promoted Twain's first two albums while in a similar capacity at Mercury in the mid-'90s.

I wonder if Shania is testing out a new label? Funny how Mercury let all the people who know how to do their jobs leave. Ths guy obviously knows what he was doing for TWIM. Meanwhile Shania has some Jason at Mercury reading the bottom of her shoe at the CMA.

-Chris

jen
08-29-2005, 12:19 AM
Just got back from a vacation, however I was working my stations on the road. 2 out of four are so far playing it. I will work on the others starting tomorrow. I have just moved recently so I don't have my own computer up yet, but i will do what I can over here.

The dj's commented on the song and said that they do like the song so that may be a good sign especially since those dj's don't really care for Shania.

cbspock
08-29-2005, 05:54 AM
The latest update from Mediabase is out. The update is listed as being for 9:30 pm PST time.

The Audience for "Shoes" is ok, OK not great, but it can't really move up anywhere until it gets more Plays/Spins.

HERE are the stats for "Shoes":

Position: # 65 on Mediabase
Spins/Plays: 64 Plays/Spins
Increase/Decrease in Spins: + 64
Audience Impression: 0.893 million

http://www.mmr247.com/mmrweb/AllAccess/Charts.asp?format=c1R&showtopn=500

cbspock
08-29-2005, 05:55 AM
Just got back from a vacation, however I was working my stations on the road. 2 out of four are so far playing it. I will work on the others starting tomorrow. I have just moved recently so I don't have my own computer up yet, but i will do what I can over here.

The dj's commented on the song and said that they do like the song so that may be a good sign especially since those dj's don't really care for Shania.

I guess we will find out what Pds and DJs are the "flip flop kind"

-Chris

Steve F
08-29-2005, 08:58 AM
It's time for true Shania supporters on these stations to show their true colors.

Steve

Debbie
08-29-2005, 11:03 AM
I have requested "Shoes" be played on KZLA as I have requested all of Shania's songs be played. But I'm not holding my breath...they don't seem to ever care what their listeners want to be heard. They said that "Don't" did not get a good review and that it was not country so they did not play it. "Quitter" got a very good audience review and is soooo country but KZLA still never played the song! Go figure!! The DJ's get their faces shown on CMT praising Shania but support her by playing her new music...NAH. I know that in KZLA's situation it has a lot to do with the PD not really liking Shania or her music. But I will keep trying cause I Ain't No Quitter! :type

Steve F
08-29-2005, 11:50 AM
I have requested "Shoes" be played on KZLA as I have requested all of Shania's songs be played. But I'm not holding my breath...they don't seem to ever care what their listeners want to be heard. They said that "Don't" did not get a good review and that it was not country so they did not play it. "Quitter" got a very good audience review and is soooo country but KZLA still never played the song! Go figure!! The DJ's get their faces shown on CMT praising Shania but support her by playing her new music...NAH. I know that in KZLA's situation it has a lot to do with the PD not really liking Shania or her music. But I will keep trying cause I Ain't No Quitter! :type

What else can you do? The only way is to keep after them. It's the right thing to do. Maybe eventually they'll get the hint. :)

Steve

jen
08-29-2005, 12:50 PM
"Shoes" #62 with 76 spins, and 1.073 million listeners (up 7 spots)

Today is the official release date so request it @ your stations, they should have it.

We need the song to hit the top 40 as soon as possible. That was the problem with "IANQ". If it does not hit the TOP 40 within so many weeks LARGE stations will not add it.

cbspock
08-29-2005, 05:40 PM

Write to the attorney general of NY State..lol

-Chris

cbspock
08-29-2005, 06:18 PM
Can any of the chart jockeys here explain this.....

Have you seen the BS going on over on the Mediabase chart?

The Faith/Tim song is already up to # 50 for gosh sakes!

...Shania's "Shoes" has Higher AUDIENCE numbers than the duet...but Shania's PLAYS/Spins are like HALF of what the Duet is getting!

Since Shania is so far back in terms of Plays/Spins, Shania is back at # 62.

Shania has Higher Audience Impression numbers, but the Faith/Tim duet has higher Plays.

So, the Faith/Tim song is at # 50...and Shania is at # 62!

-Chris

FV
08-29-2005, 06:30 PM
This is very encouraging...:D Let's keep requesting..!

Jud
08-29-2005, 07:42 PM
Can any of the chart jockeys here explain this.....

Have you seen the BS going on over on the Mediabase chart?

The Faith/Tim song is already up to # 50 for gosh sakes!

...Shania's "Shoes" has Higher AUDIENCE numbers than the duet...but Shania's PLAYS/Spins are like HALF of what the Duet is getting!

Since Shania is so far back in terms of Plays/Spins, Shania is back at # 62.

Shania has Higher Audience Impression numbers, but the Faith/Tim duet has higher Plays.

So, the Faith/Tim song is at # 50...and Shania is at # 62!

-Chris

It's really simple Mediabase's chart is not the Billnoard chart. The billboard chart is by audience impressions. Mediabae (which is a monitoring service) is the base for Radio&record charts, which is spin driven (mainly).
If you click on the top of the audience impression (the word) it will arrange the chart by that, and than Shania's song will be further that Hill's in one position.

Just don't forget, that since Hill has a #1 single (cuurently) this songs is not getting too much airplay. When Mississippi Girl will start to fall big time, this song will speed up really.

cbspock
08-29-2005, 07:55 PM
I don't know, it seems a pretty convoluted way to figure all this stuff out. I guess it is easier to bury the payola payments this way.

-Chris

Jud
08-29-2005, 08:14 PM
That's not true at all.
Mediabase is a monitoring service only,, ythey are giving the details, statistic, and it is spin-based.

Billboard using another monitoring service I think calld BDS (or something close).

Radioandrecords and Billboard have not only different rules to build their charts, but they are monitoring different stations too (at least partly).
That's why always was a different between R&R and Billboard numbers.
Tooday, because Billboard not spin-driven anymore, the difference in the chart positions is more clearer, and many times bigger too.

cbspock
08-29-2005, 08:29 PM
Mediabase is a monitoring service only,, ythey are giving the details, statistic, and it is spin-based.

Which get adjusted by the labels buying spins.

-Chris

Jud
08-29-2005, 08:41 PM
It gives the spins and audience impressions reported by stations. It's statistic-system purely, doesn't check what's behind it. But radio and industry people can track down where things done based on the statistics Medibase gives - as it happened last year with Reba's and Terri Clark's song.

Labels can buy spins, but they can "buy" pds, djs. I don't think every aspects of the payola-phenomenon can be tracked down by the daily chart records.

ojibiwanqueenst
08-30-2005, 06:45 AM
It's a bit different. Mediabase caculates spins, audience, bullet, and weight in order to get their positions. Songs are awarded "points" for these factors and then R&R puts their chart up based on this "point" system. Billboard now goes completely by audience, I believe.

cbspock
08-30-2005, 06:51 AM
All these conditions were put on because they wanted to try to "correct" the charts due to the behind the scenes games going on right?

-Chris

jen
08-30-2005, 09:43 AM
8/30/05
#55 SHANIA TWAIN Shoes 103 0 103 1.298

GonnaGetcha720
08-30-2005, 03:44 PM
8/30/05
#55 SHANIA TWAIN Shoes 103 0 103 1.298

A great gain over night. Shoes is just 2 songs away from landing in the top 20 spin gains of the week category (JUMP). Shania fans, something great is happening...some large markets that have been unkind to Shania are now taking to the song very well...Dallas, Cleveland, and Atlanta are some of those. In fact, about 70% of Shania's audience comes from Large markets. That's pretty good. Be sure to request at Chicago as they are also big Shania supporters...as for KZLA it might be best just to wait...they'll give the single probably one spin a week with heavy requests until it reaches the top 20 or top 15.

cbspock
08-30-2005, 05:44 PM
Someone should send a hint to the Attorney General of NY State, to make sure that KZLA is on his list to investigate :D

-Chris

jen
08-30-2005, 07:40 PM
Be sure to request at Chicago as they are also big Shania supporters...as for KZLA it might be best just to wait...they'll give the single probably one spin a week with heavy requests until it reaches the top 20 or top 15.

I agree that the song is getting good support by large stations on it's own and with us not having to keep on them. I also think it is good that we wait before jumping over all of the stations to play the song. It is true that many stations will not play the song until it reaches top 40 and then alot more stations that will not play it until it hits top20....so we just have to be patient and let it play out for now.

However, if u do not hear the song at your own local country stations please call in and let them know u want to hear the song :)

ojibiwanqueenst
08-30-2005, 08:11 PM
SHOES DOESN'T ADD AT RADIO UNTIL SEPTEMBER 12TH, ACCORDING TO ALL ACCESS!! KEEP REQUESTING, BUT STATIONS DON'T HAVE TO PLAY UNTIL THEN

Jud
08-30-2005, 08:21 PM
Now this is strange. So long pre-impact time? For what?

ojibiwanqueenst
08-30-2005, 08:29 PM
Now this is strange. So long pre-impact time? For what?

I think we are just used to Mercury's ways of doing things.. LOL. Neither Billboard nor R&R are reporting "Shoes" for adds on the 29th so.. I got my Billboard report today though, and in its first week it has 713,000 listeners and has 4 official airplay adds, for those keeping track. #57 is the position, fyi.

cbspock
08-30-2005, 08:38 PM
It's not Mercury.

-Chris

ojibiwanqueenst
08-30-2005, 08:44 PM
It's not Mercury.

-Chris

I know, which is why this single might do things that we haven't seen before, like be at radio on time.

jen
08-30-2005, 09:11 PM
SHOES DOESN'T ADD AT RADIO UNTIL SEPTEMBER 12TH, ACCORDING TO ALL ACCESS!! KEEP REQUESTING, BUT STATIONS DON'T HAVE TO PLAY UNTIL THEN

Really interesting.....especially since many stations have already been playing it. I guess that shows that whoever is running this single has it at radio already.

Speaking of, I just called one of my local stations that has not played it and said the day before that they were writing down that I requested it.......Well this dj today told me that they do have it in the back and asked me if it was any good, of course I said yes!!! She then asked where did I hear it and of course I had heard it on their rival local station. She said she will go to the back and get it then :)

cbspock
08-30-2005, 09:17 PM
The person at Lyric Street is an ex-Mercury person who ran TWIM.

The rival station thing works a lot.

-Chris

jen
08-30-2005, 09:20 PM
The rival station thing works a lot.

-Chris

Yes it does but this time it really was true and not just one rival station but two are playing it.....so KUZZ better get with it.

FV
08-30-2005, 09:38 PM
I know, which is why this single might do things that we haven't seen before, like be at radio on time.
I am optimistic..:D The late add-on may also be because the actual promotion may not start till late September/early October..especially if the video needs to get done still... :lookout maybe Shania will promote it in October together with the perfume....a combo of promotional appearances: perfume & single. :SN

GonnaGetcha720
08-30-2005, 10:00 PM
Here's a neat comparison:

Position:
Today: #55 (UP 8 from yesterday)
Yesterday: #62
One Week Ago: NOT ON YET (UP 20 from debut-#75)

Spins:
Today: 103 (UP 27 from yesterday)
Yesterday: 76
One Week Ago: NOT ON YET (UP 64 from debut-39)

Audience Impressions:
Today: 1.298 (UP 0.225 from yesterday)
Yesterday: 1.073
One Week Ago: NOT ON YET (UP 0.776 from debut-0.532)

Great numbers this early in the game...still got over a week till "SHOES" adds officially at radio...so far, so good. Keep it UP fans!

Rufus
08-30-2005, 11:57 PM
I am optimistic..:D The late add-on may also be because the actual promotion may not start till late September/early October..especially if the video needs to get done still... :lookout maybe Shania will promote it in October together with the perfume....a combo of promotional appearances: perfume & single. :SN

according to one of the dj's this morning, shania was shooting the video this week with the cast...but she also said that Martina and Sara were going to be in the video too and that shania was going to have a cameo appearance on the show... :lookout so when i called in the morning i tried to correct her that the other two weren't gonna be in the video and that i hadn't heard about shania doing a cameo..but she stuck to her guns....so, i don't know what's true. shrugs

cbspock
08-31-2005, 06:24 AM
I guess we will see when the video comes out.

-Chris

GonnaGetcha720
08-31-2005, 06:34 AM
DAY 6 UPDATE (31 August, 2005-AM UPDATE)

Position:
Today: #50 (UP 5 from yesterday)
Yesterday: #55
One Week Ago: NOT ON YET (UP 20 from debut-#75)

Spins:
Today: 129 (UP 26 from yesterday)
Yesterday: 103
One Week Ago: NOT ON YET (UP 80 from debut-39)

Audience Impressions:
Today: 1.615 (UP 0.317 from yesterday)
Yesterday: 1.298
One Week Ago: NOT ON YET (UP 1.093 from debut-0.532)

THERE ARE 34 STATIONS CURRENTLY PLAYING SHOES! OUT OF A POSSIBLE 120 (I think). KEEP THE REQUESTS GOING!!! Big market Dallas is now up to 12 spins...way to go requesting at Dallas. Let's keep it going! :SN

Steve F
08-31-2005, 06:36 AM
First let me say good job guys. You really have your "spin" doctoring down to a science, It gives us novices something to "spin" our hats on. HEY1

It is also great to hear it is doing that well prior to being out officially. I guess we'll see when the video does comes out. I don't see why Martina and Sara would be in her video. I would think they might have their own later, but I don't know. :(*

Steve

ojibiwanqueenst
08-31-2005, 06:38 AM
Gonnagetcha: I wrote down "Shoes" numbers before I refreshed Mediabase and on the c1r panel I had her audience at 1.298 yesterday and it's 1.615 today...

GonnaGetcha720
08-31-2005, 06:45 AM
Gonnagetcha: I wrote down "Shoes" numbers before I refreshed Mediabase and on the c1r panel I had her audience at 1.298 yesterday and it's 1.615 today...

Sorry, my mistake fixed it though

jen
08-31-2005, 10:24 AM
[QUOTE=GonnaGetcha720THERE ARE 34 STATIONS CURRENTLY PLAYING SHOES! OUT OF A POSSIBLE 120 (I think). KEEP THE REQUESTS GOING!!! Big market Dallas is now up to 12 spins...way to go requesting at Dallas. Let's keep it going! :SN[/QUOTE]

Very cool, but what is cooler is that we have not as a group started requesting by putting up the sites. So far we have just been requesting through our own city and local stations:) I say we just keep doing it this way until the song desperately needs our help.

It was funny I called one of my local dj's to request and he just said let me guess, Shania.LOL I don't know if maybe people were just requesting her so much or that he remembered me.....cuz I have not called this late night dj in days:dunno:but very funny!

Rufus
08-31-2005, 02:34 PM
lol jen. i also hope that it means that a lot of people were requesting the song. it's a GREAT song. i sent it to my friend in Boston (i actually figured out how to send music online...i was proud) because i was going on and on about how great it was and how i couldn't stop listening to it so she finally said, let me have a listen. and after she did she im'd me back thanking me because she really, really liked it! how can anyone not like it though? :shakeit:

GonnaGetcha720
08-31-2005, 04:48 PM
Here's a list of stations currenlty playing SHOES and how much they are playing:

KEY:

Bold & Underlined: a top 25 market station
Underlined: a top 40 market station

19-Reno: KBUL (+19 spins)
16-Sacramento: KNCI (+16 spins)
16-Fresno: KSKS (+16 spins)
13-Salt Lake City: KSOP (+13 spins)
12-Dallas: KTYS (+12 spins)
11-Cleveland: WGAR (+11 spins)
06-Sirius Satellite (+6 spins)
05-Grand Rapids: WBCT (+5 spins)
04-Atlanta: WKHX (+5 spins)
04-Stockton: KATM (+4 spins)
04-Providence: WCTK (+4 spins)
04-Roanoke: WYYD (+4 spins)
04-Boise: KQFC (+4 spins)
03-Denver: KYGO (+3 spins)
03-Detroit: WYCD (+3 spins)
03-Washington DC: WMZQ (+3 spins)
03-Memphis: WGKX (+3 spins)
03-Rochester: WBEE (+3 spins)
03-Visalia: KJUG (+3 spins)

NOTE: This is not all of the radio stations only the ones listed under the "Startes" category in All Access.

GonnaGetcha720
09-01-2005, 06:30 AM
DAY 7 UPDATE (1 September, 2005-AM UPDATE)

Position:
Today: #47 (UP 3 from yesterday)
Yesterday: #50
One Week Ago: NOT ON YET (UP 23 from debut-#75)

Spins:
Today: 222 (UP 93 from yesterday)
Yesterday: 129
One Week Ago: NOT ON YET (UP 173 from debut-39)

Audience Impressions:
Today: 2.005 (UP 0.390 from yesterday)
Yesterday: 1.615
One Week Ago: NOT ON YET (UP 1.483 from debut-0.532)

The number of stations playing shoes practically doubled last night to 68 playing stations.

A nice gain of 93 spins over night!!!! Way to go!!

NOTE: Shoes is about to pass IANQ's peak on the charts and it hasn't even been officially released yet! :)

sas
09-01-2005, 06:34 AM
SiriusSatellite -- has added Shoes with +7 or did I miss that yesterday....

Nice gain...

This morning there are some stations in my area - no matter what format - taking PAY FOR PLAY (legit this time) to raise money for Hurricane Victim's... Interesting Idea...

GonnaGetcha720
09-01-2005, 06:38 AM
SiriusSatellite -- has added Shoes with +7 or did I miss that yesterday....

Nice gain...

You're right. I think the most remarkable thing is how the top 25 stations are taking to the song very well

Sacremento (#26 Market on Mediabase)
Dallas (top 25 market)
Cleveland (top 25 market)

All are playing it over 15 times so far! That's great considering the week isn't over yet! :GL Maybe this will convince Shania to switch record companies!

cbspock
09-01-2005, 06:47 AM
What about XM Radio? They are doing the Shania special you would think that they would play the new song.

Well the lyric street people worked with Shania before during TWIM, when they worked at Mercury.

-Chris

Steve F
09-01-2005, 09:53 AM
This is all very encouraging. HEY1

Steve

jen
09-01-2005, 10:16 AM
This morning there are some stations in my area - no matter what format - taking PAY FOR PLAY (legit this time) to raise money for Hurricane Victim's... Interesting Idea...

COOL idea by the station. I say u donate and give a lump sum for a spin of shoes an hour:D

Jud
09-01-2005, 11:53 AM
RadioandRecords listing "Shoes" as going for adds.
http://www.radioandrecords.com/Formats/Charts/Country_Chart.asp

ojibiwanqueenst
09-01-2005, 04:49 PM
Billboard also has "Shoes" for adds next Monday, September 5th, Labor Day here in the USA.

ojibiwanqueenst
09-01-2005, 10:04 PM
Just found out that this single will be added the same week as "Party For Two" was added last year. Maybe a good sign of where this song will end up? :D I am hoping for it to be Top 40 by the week's close, that way it gets a big Top 40 Billboard debut to push those adds up for it's official debut week.

Jud
09-01-2005, 10:36 PM
Same week yes, not same pace.

jen
09-01-2005, 10:59 PM
Same week yes, not same pace.
Not the same pace at all. So what week is the official release date, has it already been a year?? WOW!

GonnaGetcha720
09-02-2005, 06:35 AM
DAY 8 UPDATE (2 September, 2005-AM UPDATE)

Position:
Today: #48 (DOWN 1 from yesterday)
Yesterday: #47
One Week Ago: NOT ON YET (UP 49 from debut-#97)

Spins:
Today: 241 (UP 19 from yesterday)
Yesterday: 222
One Week Ago: NOT ON YET (UP 225 from debut-16)

Audience Impressions:
Today: 2.047 (UP 0.042 from yesterday)
Yesterday: 2.005
One Week Ago: NOT ON YET (UP 1.515 from debut-0.532)

We got two more stations last night to add SHOES giving it 70 playing stations.

Hey fans, I didn't realize the mediabase debut was 7 days ago. That makes my day count on my other posts wrong, but I'll have it right from here on out. We have lost some momentum....time to request hard now!

Jud
09-02-2005, 07:04 AM
This is actually the 8th day of the song on Medibase.
All her latest singles were dropping stations at the 2nd-3rd week, so probably this will too. (Hill's new song was dropped by some stations too)
And don't forget, this is not a regular lead single for a studio album.And also don't forget what kind of song are going up the charts, and how radio treated lately Shania.

Steve F
09-02-2005, 09:00 AM
This is actually the 8th day of the song on Medibase.
All her latest singles were dropping stations at the 2nd-3rd week, so probably this will too. (Hill's new song was dropped by some stations too)
And don't forget, this is not a regular lead single for a studio album.And also don't forget what kind of song are going up the charts, and how radio treated lately Shania.

Gee Jud, you are really making my day. :HA Okay, I won't forget. :)

Steve

Jud
09-02-2005, 09:09 AM
Sorry, I prefere to be realistic....

And the truth is since it's a soundtrack, radio perhaps will handle it differently as they would do to a lead single from a studio album.

That said:

The song was up on Blain Garner's Aftermidnite show's Pickit-or-Flickit test on the 31st of August.
It was Picked by 62%, which is more than any of the songs from the GH received.

I just don't know if that means anything chartwise, since PF2 was flicked and went #7, and Quitter was picked with the best number (53 or 54%), and we know where it finished on the charts. :rolleyes:

Finally Friday, September 2nd, 2005
The Best Man Blaine Larsen 95% PICKED 5% FLICKED

9/01/05 "Honky Tonk Badonkadonk" Trace Adkins 89% PICKED
8/31/05 "Shoes" Shania Twain 62% PICKED
8/30/05 "We Will Hope With You" 4Runner 51% PICKED
8/29/05 "The Blues Man" George Jones with Dolly Parton 83% PICKED
8/26/05 "Change" The Warren Brothers 79% PICKED
http://www.aftermidnite.com/music.htm

jen
09-02-2005, 11:05 AM
Sorry, I prefere to be realistic....

And the truth is since it's a soundtrack, radio perhaps will handle it differently as they would do to a lead single from a studio album.

That said:

The song was up on Blain Garner's Aftermidnite show's Pickit-or-Flickit test on the 31st of August.
It was Picked by 62%, which is more than any of the songs from the GH received.

I just don't know if that means anything chartwise, since PF2 was flicked and went #7, and Quitter was picked with the best number (53 or 54%), and we know where it finished on the charts. :rolleyes:

All very true Jud, but we also have to wonder how the dj's will take in the single since it is not written by Shania. She is using Nashville writers, you would think they will play it more.

I read that on WUSN(US 99) last night that they had "shoes" up against Mirianda Lamberts new song and "Shoes" won, so hopefully both of these stations will play it regularly now.

Jud
09-02-2005, 11:11 AM
WUSN was and is the biggest Shania supporter.

I agree about the Nashville songwriters - and mentioned it already somewhere, that since the paycheck is going back to Bashville they may play it more.
On the other hand, it's still "Shania".
We will see.

AINAHS
09-02-2005, 12:20 PM
..do you think the djs can distinguish who wrote the songs? I think you may be giving them too much credit...they seem to be pretty dim bulbs from what I have seen and heard...except of course for Alan Freed....;)

Steve F
09-02-2005, 12:25 PM
..do you think the djs can distinguish who wrote the songs? I think you may be giving them too much credit...they seem to be pretty dim bulbs from what I have seen and heard...except of course for Alan Freed....;)

Good One! :HA

Steve

sas
09-02-2005, 08:42 PM
Can someone explain the Mediabase chart.. right now Shoes is at #66 with only 64 spins... how can that be....what am I missing

jen
09-02-2005, 08:46 PM
HAHA yeah I seen that.....all of the positions are actually jumbled right now. I just think it is wrong, if I remember correctly that is the beginning of the week chart because Faith Hill was #1....right now she is not.

GonnaGetcha720
09-02-2005, 09:15 PM
Can someone explain the Mediabase chart.. right now Shoes is at #66 with only 64 spins... how can that be....what am I missing

Yeah, that's the chart from a couple of days ago...lol

Well, I guess they made a mistake...it should be fixed by the AM update for Sept. 3.

Matt
09-02-2005, 11:22 PM
I don't think it is the DJ's who really pick the songs they play. I mean, I have been in a few areas where the country DJ's mispronounce artist names, and song titles, etc. I think the director's do it all and the DJ's just press the play button. Correct me if I'm wrong.

cbspock
09-02-2005, 11:26 PM
I don't think it is the DJ's who really pick the songs they play. I mean, I have been in a few areas where the country DJ's mispronounce artist names, and song titles, etc. I think the director's do it all and the DJ's just press the play button. Correct me if I'm wrong.

That's my impression from actually talking with them. They have no control as to what they play.

-Chris

Jud
09-03-2005, 07:36 AM
03/09/05

"Shoes" is #48 with 236 spins, +193 plays and 1.952 audience impressions. It was dropped by 1 station.

cbspock
09-03-2005, 07:42 AM
03/09/05

"Shoes" is #48 with 236 spins, +193 plays and 1.952 audience impressions. It was dropped by 1 station.

Which station??? We need to request there.

-Chris

GonnaGetcha720
09-03-2005, 08:44 AM
Okay fans, it's time to lay on the request heavily!!!!! http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/showthread.php?t=17515

This one won't die like IANQ!!!!!!!

cbspock
09-03-2005, 08:48 AM
Okay fans, it's time to lay on the request heavily!!!!! http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/showthread.php?t=17515

This one won't die like IANQ!!!!!!!

Well Quitter had some help in that regard from Radio and her own label pulling the plug.

-Chris

GonnaGetcha720
09-03-2005, 09:28 AM
Well Quitter had some help in that regard from Radio and her own label pulling the plug.

-Chris

True..

It took 20 days after its official release at radio for IANQ to reach a spin # of 230. SHOES is there in under 9 days.

It took 27 days after its official release at radio for IANQ to reach a the #47 spot of Mediabase. SHOES is there in under 9 days.

It took 26 says after its official release at radio for IANQ to reach aud. imp. over 2 million. SHOES is there in under 8 days. If SHOES gets just 300,000 more aud. imp. than it will pass IANQ's peak of aud. imp. on Mediabase.

Many good things are happening here. Large markets are picking up SHOES rather well. SHOES is having big success at Dallas, a station that never played PFT, D, and IANQ while they were 'currently' on the charts. SHOES has also been added by large markets like Minneapolis, Cleveland, and Atlanta. KEEP REQUESTING everybody...it works! :type

jen
09-03-2005, 09:59 AM
These are the current stations testing the song so if you are from any of the areas please request at your local stations so they can continue to play the song:

WIVK-FM 107.7 Knoxville
KSD-FM 93.7 St. Louis
KBEQ-FM 104.3 Kansas City
WWGR-FM 101.9 Ft. Myers
KUAD-FM 99.1 Ft. Collins
WKIS-FM 99.9 Miami
WXTU-FM 92.5Philadelphia
WKLB-FM 99.5 Boston
WKKO-FM 99.9 Toledo
WMIL-FM 106.1 Milwaukee
WWYZ-FM 92.5 Hartford
WKKT-FM 96.9 Charlotte
WKML-FM 95.7 Fayetteville, NC

Jud
09-03-2005, 10:01 AM
It's interesting that the Dallas station plays it. and maybe not. The song was hit on the Texan Music Chart this year.

Surfette
09-03-2005, 10:36 AM
I requested the song to one of the dj's and I sent him the link to the song so, I am still waiting. I haven't heard it yet on the radio.

cbspock
09-03-2005, 03:55 PM
Why are they slowing Shania's song down for Faith and Big and Rich, god forbid Shania pass them or get ahead of them on the charts. We saw this type of stuff when her songs were near Kenny and Alan Jackson during Up!

Now that it is known that there will be an AC remix, watch Country radio get all freaky. Other artists have copied that idea from Shania and they have no problems with country radio. Only Shania gets picked on.

Faith/Tim song is at # 43.

Shania is at # 49.

TWO songs have jumped ahead of Shania. (She Was at #47.)

New songs by Big & Rich and Blake Shelton BOTH jumped ahead of "Shoes" - all of a sudden, they came out of nowhere! Big & Rich were at # 151....suddenly, in One Day, they're up to # 47!

-Chris

Jud
09-03-2005, 05:15 PM
Well, I don't know who thought, that Shania's single will do better than Faith's new single with Mcgraw? That single will run more quickly, as Mississippi Girls is falling more quickly.
Big and Rich's single is a lead single for their coming album, was released to radio around the samme tme as "Shoes". It did not jumped sudeenly ahead of Shoes, they were ahead in the last two days. Shelton's song was there too.

Secondly, the song was dropped by 3 more stations (66), which caused drop in audience impressions.(from 2.000 to 1700 ca)

cbspock
09-03-2005, 05:35 PM
It's total nonsense. This has to stop.

I am glad I do not support any Nashville artist.

-Chris

jen
09-03-2005, 08:09 PM
Well, I don't know who thought, that Shania's single will do better than Faith's new single with Mcgraw? That single will run more quickly, as Mississippi Girls is falling more quickly.
Big and Rich's single is a lead single for their coming album, was released to radio around the samme tme as "Shoes". It did not jumped sudeenly ahead of Shoes, they were ahead in the last two days. Shelton's song was there too.

Secondly, the song was dropped by 3 more stations (66), which caused drop in audience impressions.(from 2.000 to 1700 ca)

Hopefully when the video airs it will take off faster. This is a set back but we will see monday how it looks and then go from there.

Jud
09-03-2005, 08:31 PM
a couple of songs will go recurrent this and the next week (mediabase, not Billboard), but T. Keith released a new single, which will past Shoes, no question about it.

Jud
09-04-2005, 09:35 AM
04/09/05

Shoes >> #48 with 247 spins, +183 plays and 1.930 audience impressions. Gained back two stations.

GonnaGetcha720
09-04-2005, 01:49 PM
Yea, lets look closely...even though we lost audience impressions over night we gained top 25 spins and audience impressions. We also gained in spins overall...i don't know how we lost aud. imp. on the main chart. We need to find out what station is dropping!!! REQUEST HARD....if you look beneath the aud. imp. drop on the main chart it is in positive numbers....

-a gain in top 25 market audience
-a gain in spins on both top 25 and main charts
-and back up to #48
-It will debut on R&R this week

REQUEST HARD!!!!!!

cbspock
09-04-2005, 01:52 PM
I have not heard it on this station, and they STREAM!!

http://www.wwyz.com/main.html

-Chris

GonnaGetcha720
09-04-2005, 02:22 PM
DAY 10 UPDATE (4 September, 2005-AM UPDATE)

Position:
Today: #48 (NO CHANGE from yesterday)
Yesterday: #48
One Week Ago: #66 (UP 18)

Spins:
Today: 247 (UP 11 from yesterday)
Yesterday: 236
One Week Ago: 64 (UP 183)

Audience Impressions:
Today: 1.930 (DOWN 0.022 from yesterday)
Yesterday: 1.952
One Week Ago: 1.073 (UP 0.857)

We currently have 68 stations playing SHOES. REQUEST HARD!

GonnaGetcha720
09-04-2005, 05:19 PM
04/09/05, 2.29pm (DAY 10 CONT.)

SHOES >> #48 with 279 spins, +215 plays and 2.153 audience impression. Btw, the song is actually at #46 in audience impressions.

We gained a lot today! Shania is about to move back up to #47. Aaron Tippin's song at #47 currently has a lower audience impression and a negative bullet. Also, Mirada Lambert's current single "Bring Me Down" has a negative bullet of 595, it should go recurrent and Shania should move up to #46 by tommorrow. Trick Pony, Hot Apple Pie, and Trace Adkins all have songs with bullets of -500 or less and will probably go recurrent VERY soon. We could see a climb to #45 or 44 by tommorrow!!! :SN

REQUEST HARD!!!

We're also back up to 70 stations! and we gained about 10 spins on top 25 markets today!!!!!!

FV
09-04-2005, 06:54 PM
04/09/05, 2.29pm (DAY 10 CONT.)
We're also back up to 70 stations! and we gained about 10 spins on top 25 markets today!!!!!!

Let's keep requesting! :Bthumb Call in your local radio station...and let them know about Shania's new single... :giggy:

GonnaGetcha720
09-04-2005, 07:58 PM
MY PREDICTION OF BILLBOARD's HOT COUNTRY SINGLES/TRACKS CHART FOR THE WEEK OF SEPT. 17, 2005

(LW)-TW-ARTIST: Song

(02)-01-BROOKS & DUNN: Play Something Country
(04)-02-SARA EVANS: A Real Fine Place To Start
(03)-03-TOBY KEITH: As Good As I Once Was
(06)-04-BRAD PAISLEY: Alcohol
(01)-05-FAITH HILL: Mississippi Girl
(05)-06-TIM MCGRAW: Do You Want Fries With That
(09)-07-MONTGOMERY GENTRY: Something To Be Proud Of
(07)-08-SUGARLAND: Something More
(12)-09-GRETCHEN WILSON: All Jacked Up
(08)-10-VAN ZANT: Help Somebody
(10)-11-CRAIG MORGAN: Redneck Yacht Club
(11)-12-JAMIE O'NEAL: Somebody's Hero
(13)-13-RASCAL FLATTS: Fast Cars And Freedom
(14)-14-JOSH GRACIN: Stay With Me (Brass Bed)
(15)-15-KEITH URBAN: Better Life
(16)-16-LEANN RIMES: Probably Wouldn't Be This Way
(18)-17-JASON ALDEAN: Hicktown
(17)-18-TRISHA YEARWOOD: Georgia Rain
(19)-19-LONESTAR: You're Like Comin' Home
(20)-20-GARY ALLAN: Best I Ever Had
(24)-21-RASCAL FLATTS Skin (Sarabeth)
(23)-22-NEAL MCCOY: Billy's Got His Beer Goggles On
(22)-23-LEE ANN WOMACK: He Oughta Know That By Now
(27)-24-DIERKS BENTLEY: Come A Little Closer
(25)-25-JO DEE MESSINA Delicious Surprise (I Believe It)
(26)-26-PHIL VASSAR: Good Ole Days
(32)-27-JOE NICHOLS: Tequila Makes Her Clothes Off
(21)-28-TRACE ADKINS: Arlington
(30)-29-SHOOTER JENNINGS: 4th Of July
(28)-30-RYAN SHUPE & THE RUBBERBAND: Dream Big
(33)-31-CHRIS CAGLE: Miss Me Baby
(29)-32-KENNY CHESNEY: Keg In The Closet
(31)-33-LITTLE BIG TOWN: Boondocks
(34)-34-BILLY CURRINGTON: Must Be Doin' Something Right
(37)-35-MARTINA MCBRIDE: Rose Garden
(41)-36-ALAN JACKSON: USA Today
(36)-37-BLAINE LARSEN: The Best Man
(35)-38-TRACY LAWRENCE: Used To The Pain
(39)-39-KEITH ANDERSON: XXL
(40)-40-TERRI CLARK: She Didn't Have Time
(38)-41-GEORGE STRAIT: Texas
(55)-42-FAITH HILL: Like We Never Loved At All
(42)-43-CATHERINE BRITT & ELTON JOHN: Where We Both Say Goodbye
(52)-44-BIG & RICH: Comin' To Your City
(44)-45-JOSH TURNER: Your Man
(57)-46-SHANIA TWAIN: Shoes
(43)-47-AARON TIPPIN: Come Friday/It's Friday
(46)-48-JEFF BATES: Good People
(51)-49-BLAKE SHELTON: Nobody But Me
(00)-50-ZONA JONES: Two Hearts
(00)-51-REBA MCENTIRE: You're Gonna Be
(45)-52-CROSS CANADIAN RAGWEED Fightin' For
(00)-53-GEORGE STRAIT: She Let Herself Go
(49)-54-RANDY TRAVIS: Angels
(53)-55-JAMEY JOHNSON: The Dollar
(59)-56-SAWYER BROWN: They Don't Understand
(50)-57-LUKE STRICKLIN: American By God's Amazing Grace
(56)-58-RAY SCOTT: My Kind Of Music
(00)-59-TOBY KEITH: Big Blue Note
(58)-60-CARRIE UNDERWOOD: Inside Your Heaven

NOTE: This is just a prediction...(00) under the last week category means that the single is either new to the chart or is re-entering the chart.

paradice1506
09-04-2005, 11:42 PM
Things may turn out even better than what you predicted, GonnaGetca720.

Take a look at the latest Mediabase chart, for tonight, September 4th, 9:14 PM PST.

Shania's high audience showing for "Shoes" has finally paid off. It's just leaped FIVE SPOTS to #43 overnight! Here is the full update:

#43, 279 spins, +215 plays, 2.153 million listeners, 70 stations.

GREAT gain, the best yet I must say! FIVE SPOTS OVERNIGHT! Yee-haw! :giggy:

Let's keep up the requesting. Great job, everybody! Let's see just how far we can take this song for the week. "C'mon, c'mon!"

Jud
09-04-2005, 11:44 PM
It's because a couple of songs went recurrent, which showing alway during the last update for the week.

paradice1506
09-04-2005, 11:47 PM
Sure, the recurrents always help.

But for five spots overnight?

I think the audience had something to do with it as well, if you ask me. Her audience size is ranked #42. That had to have SOME kind of impact at some point, and so it has.

Jud
09-04-2005, 11:51 PM
Yep, the songs went recurrents were: Arlington, Trick Pony's song, Miranda Lamberts, and one more I've forget it's name. That's already 4. And those songs (at least part of them) will still charting regardeless on Billboard, because they have a different recurrent rule.

Next week should go recurrent Keith's song (already has a new one out), probably Faith Hill's song (already has a new one out)

GonnaGetcha720
09-05-2005, 08:57 AM
DAY 11 UPDATE (5 September, 2005-AM UPDATE)

Position:
Today: #41 (UP 7 from yesterday)
Yesterday: #48
One Week Ago: #62 (UP 12)

Spins:
Today: 305 (UP 58 from yesterday)
Yesterday: 247
One Week Ago: 76 (UP 229)

Audience Impressions:
Today: 2.204 (UP 0.274 from yesterday)
Yesterday: 1.930
One Week Ago: 1.073 (UP 1.131)

We currently have 75 stations playing SHOES. REQUEST HARD!

Great gain over night!! BTW, Shania is at No. 38 on the top 25 markets chart. We've got great airplay from large markets right now like Dallas, Minneapolis, Houstin, St. Louis. Many stations are testing the song...some of them are posted below:

WGNA-FM Albany, NY
WNCY-FM Appleton
KVOO-FM Tulsa
KXKC-FM Lafayette, LA
WFBE-FM Flint
KSD-FM St. Louis
KBEQ-FM Kansas City
WWGR-FM Ft. Myers
WXTU-FM Philadelphia
WOKO-FM Burlington, VT
WWYZ-FM Hartford
WITL-FM Lansing

REQUEST HARD!!!!!!

Steve F
09-05-2005, 12:55 PM
Well, based on what you are saying, it is doing pretty good.

Steve

GonnaGetcha720
09-05-2005, 12:58 PM
Well, based on what you are saying, it is dong pretty good.

Steve

Well, just think, in a couple of days (maybe even by tommorrow), SHOES will surpass IANQ's peak. It is officially released to radio tommorrow, so we could possible see larger gain this week.

jen
09-05-2005, 05:28 PM
Great news it is good to see the stations continue to add.

GonnaGetcha720
09-06-2005, 06:24 AM
06/09/05, 3.35am (DAY 12)

SHOES >> #40 with 334 spins, +231 plays and 2.515 audience impression. A nice gain of about 30 spins over night. A great gain on audience. Keep it going fans. However, for some reason we're down to 71 stations, but we didn't see a loss in spins...they must have been stations who weren't playing the single very much anyway. We're up to #36 on the top 25 markets. :GL

jen
09-06-2005, 11:30 AM
These are the current stations that are testing the song so if you are in the area please help request to keep them playing the song:

KXKT-FM 103.7 Glenwood,IA
KHKI-FM 97.3 Des Moines,IA
KFGY-FM 92.9 Santa Rosa, CA
KTST-FM 101.9 Oklahoma City,OK
KHEY-FM 96.3 El Paso,TX
KSSN-FM 95.7 Little Rock,AR
KXKS-FM 93.7 Shreveport,LA
KIXZ-FM 96.1 Spokane,WA

Now that "Shoes" is in the top 40 hopefully more stations will add, but we still need to get it into the top 20 so the stupid stations such as KZLA and WIL can play it.

Steve F
09-06-2005, 11:58 AM
Well, just think, in a couple of days (maybe even by tommorrow), SHOES will surpass IANQ's peak. It is officially released to radio tommorrow, so we could possible see larger gain this week.

I was so disappointed about IANQ. When I heard it on the GH CD, I thought, wow, this is going to be a big country hit. Boy was I out in left field on that. I guess we all were. Anyway, I got my fingers crossed that the success of Shoes will keep it going and not have it ending up like Don't and IANQ. :)

Steve

GonnaGetcha720
09-07-2005, 06:40 AM
07/09/05, 3.32am (DAY 13)

SHOES >> #38 with 372 spins, +243 plays and 2.746 audience impression. A nice gain of about 40 spins over night. A great gain on audience. Keep it going fans. However, for some reason we're down to 69 stations (but keep it mind Faith Hill's new single only 57 stations), but we didn't see a loss in spins...they must have been stations who weren't playing the single very much anyway. We're up to #35 on the top 25 markets.

Here are some of the large markets that are playing the song...please request at these and tell them we love to hear that single more and more!!!!

WUSN Chicago (3 spins)
WOGI Pittsburgh (11 spins)
WSM Nashville (2 spins)
KNCI Sacramento (30 spins)
KTYS Dallas (24 spins)
KSOP Salt Lake City (19 spins)
KEEY Minneapolis (18 spins)
WKHX Atlanta (11 spins)
KILT Houston (12 spins)
WGAR Cleveland (8 spins---lost 3 this week!)
KSCS Dallas (7 spins)

Most of those listed above are top 25 markets...not all but most...this is great that this many large stations are playing SHOES already when it was just released officially yesterday. We even have a Nashville station that has added. Request at WSM in Nashville and tell them to keep it up!!!!

ojibiwanqueenst
09-07-2005, 06:46 AM
WUSN has finally started--that's a great sign.

Jud
09-08-2005, 06:11 AM
08/09/05

SHOES >> 39 with 353 spins(-19 since yesterday), +131 plays and 2.902 (+150) audience impressions. The song played by 47 stations only.
- No change on the top 25 stations chart.

GonnaGetcha720
09-08-2005, 06:19 AM
08/09/05

SHOES >> 39 with 353 spins(-19 since yesterday), +131 plays and 2.902 (+150) audience impressions. The song played by 47 stations only.
- No change on the top 25 stations chart.

What stations dropped??? They are probably stations that were testing it last week and now that the week is up those spins don't show up anymore...The aud. imp. went up though.

Steve F
09-08-2005, 07:48 AM
I hope she can hang on now with testing over.

Steve

jen
09-08-2005, 12:09 PM
Hopefully the song can hang on but I see Toby coming as well as George Straight and both will most likely pass "shoes" up. It looks like "IANQ" repeat.......maybe songs will fall off the chart and the song can move up so that it stays in the top 40.

Steve F
09-08-2005, 03:40 PM
No offense, Jen, but I hope you're wrong. :)

Steve

cbspock
09-08-2005, 05:39 PM
Hopefully the song can hang on but I see Toby coming as well as George Straight and both will most likely pass "shoes" up. It looks like "IANQ" repeat.......maybe songs will fall off the chart and the song can move up so that it stays in the top 40.

That is such $%^&*. This is so bogus. Too bad we can't prove anything, I would love to file complaints with the FCC.

-Chris

cbspock
09-08-2005, 06:56 PM
from shania.com

September 8: Shania's NEW "Shoes" single officially goes to country radio this week, though a number of stations began adds last week. In it's first full week of pre-release "Shoes" rises 12 spots to #45 Billboard, and debuts at #42 on the R&R weekly chart. Today "Shoes" slips one to #39 on Mediabase (R&R), drops to 353 spins, +131 spins the past week (only #14 increase among singles), and loses 22 panel stations to only 47. That's shocking and unheard of overnight, and looks like another intentional blacklisting of a Shania single by the same unethical radio chain, sadly by far the largest corporate owner, Clear Channel. Only a handful of CC stations (one with a regional PD) defy the corporate bigots. Most ABC owned stations are playing "Shoes" since Hollywood (releasing the album) and Lyric Street (promoting Shania's single) are ABC/Disney owned labels. "Adds" do not always mean airplay; some musically challenged stations are now testing this single, and listeners must support and request "Shoes" for it to receive further airplay. Overall audience is up slightly today (2.902M), though "impressions" are a nebulous measure of active listeners. Supportive stations are playing Shania's single fairly, but most "add & test" stations are not playing it yet, and her impression/spin ratio has dropped slightly below average. Please REQUEST Shania's NEW SINGLE "Shoes" at your local stations starting NOW. Thanks. Top 20 country stations playing Shania's "Shoes": KBUL Reno, KSKS Fresno, KNCI Sacramento, KTYS Dallas, KTOM Monterey/Salinas, KJUG Visalia, KSOP Salt Lake City, KEEY Minneapolis, X016 XM Radio, KILT Houston, WDAF Kansas City, WOGI Pittsburgh, KATM Stockton, KXKC Lafayette LA, WKHX Atlanta, KASE Austin, KUPL Portland, KSCS Dallas, WGNA Albany, and KVOO Tulsa. More stations & large metro area Radio Request Links... Notes: Shania's "Shoes" is the lead single from the "Music From and Inspired by Desperate Housewives" Soundtrack Album, in stores September 20 from another record label. It's already very late for an album release in three weeks, and Shania's "Shoes" needs requests right now. This is the busiest time of the year for new singles, while there are limited add slots and new spins each week at most stations. It's important stations add and play "Shoes" immediately, and that fans start requesting to give Shania's single the strongest chart presence before month's end.

cbspock
09-08-2005, 06:57 PM
I think a lot of fans are just fed up and don't request at radio. I mean from what have seen its all fixed anyway.

-Chris

ojibiwanqueenst
09-08-2005, 07:31 PM
Oh here we go, Trace. Radio hates Shania. This song is over. You know what, you guys saying this is it is the bulls***. Good God.

cbspock
09-08-2005, 07:34 PM
Oh here we go, Trace. Radio hates Shania. This song is over. You know what, you guys saying this is it is the bulls***. Good God.

I never said it was over. However, look at the evidence. Shania gets passed over for the Nashville cronies, good song or bad song it doesn't matter. They will play Shania until her song vanishes from the charts, then play it a little more, this way it doesn't go anywhere and she doesn't upset their little apple cart.

-Chris

ojibiwanqueenst
09-08-2005, 07:39 PM
Since I have been watching the chart (She's Not Just A Pretty Face) I have seen this happen to all 5 singles of Shania's. This doesn't shock me. It just came out. I have evidence. I'm not going to jump the gun. If radio doesn't play it, I will have questions answered.

cbspock
09-08-2005, 07:47 PM
Well, some good news SHOES was just on XM RADIO!!! WHOOO!!!

cbspock
09-08-2005, 07:48 PM
It is so funny that the Djs change their tune on the song, when they find out three nashville writers wrote the song.

-Chris

jen
09-08-2005, 08:14 PM
I am not saying it is over I am just saying the truth that it will be passed up before it can move up.

ojibiwanqueenst
09-08-2005, 08:35 PM
I am not saying it is over I am just saying the truth that it will be passed up before it can move up.

Not to argue further, but you don't know that. Who knows what tomorrow's updates will bring? It is still higher than Quitter and has only been on the chart for less than 7 days officially. Some of the others have been on weeks longer.

GonnaGetcha720
09-08-2005, 09:02 PM
DON'T BE ALARMED!!!!!!!

Shania fans, I think we have figured it out...the reason SHOES was dropped by 30 stations: It was played on After Midnite last week (syndicated airplay) and they haven't played it since. That accouts for the 30 spin loss. That's why audience is still up and spins and stations are down. So don't be alarmed, technically we're still going UP, it's just that Aftermidnite made it look like the number of stations that were playing last week were more than they really were!!!!

cbspock
09-08-2005, 09:09 PM
It just seems like Shania never benefits from all the crooked activity going on. It just winds up hurting her.

-Chris

GonnaGetcha720
09-08-2005, 09:14 PM
It just seems like Shania never benefits from all the crooked activity going on. It just winds up hurting her.

-Chris

Yes, but truthfully, this is good news...it means that we actually gained 'real' spins today. About 30 spins were sydicated and we only lost around 19 spins over night...so we really gained about 11 spins and gained in audience...and probably stayed about stationary with the number of stations that were actually playing.

Jud
09-08-2005, 09:56 PM
Even Hill's new duet lost stations last week, and really took out after than.
Let's hope it will happen to "Shoes" too.

ojibiwanqueenst
09-08-2005, 10:10 PM
The panel is down to 118 stations, from 120.

GonnaGetcha720
09-09-2005, 06:24 AM
09/09/05, 3.35am (DAY 15)

SHOES >> #39 with 383 spins, +142 plays and 3.241 audience impression. We saw a really nice gain in audience over night. Keep it going UP!!! Request hard, now we're getting to the very competitive and slow moving part of the chart!!!!

We still have 47 stations playing. BTW, we're #35 on the top 25 markets.

sas
09-09-2005, 06:32 AM
;) :type Thanks for the UP!date...

Jud
09-09-2005, 07:33 AM
yeeah, nice gain.
But T. Keith's new single already passed Shoes, and Strait's new single is close it to do so too.

jen
09-09-2005, 11:59 AM
Thanks for the update.

HERE ARE THE CURRENT STATIONS THAT ARE TESTING:

THE CURRENT STATIONS TESTING THE SONG:

WSM-FM 95.5 Nashville,TN
KCCY-FM 96.9 Colo Springs,CO
KFKF-FM 94.1 Kansas City,KS
WFUS-FM 103.5 Tampa,FL
WOKQ-FM 97.5 Portsmouth, NH
WSOC-FM 103.7 Charlotte,NC

Steve F
09-09-2005, 12:08 PM
You guys aren't making for a very "good Friday" right now, but I understand. It is Shania's songs are like Groundhog Day over and over. She keeps having her chain yanked every time she puts out a song. :rolleyes:

Steve

GonnaGetcha720
09-09-2005, 03:33 PM
Thanks for the update.

HERE ARE THE CURRENT STATIONS THAT ARE TESTING:

THE CURRENT STATIONS TESTING THE SONG:

WSM-FM 95.5 Nashville,TN
KCCY-FM 96.9 Colo Springs,CO
KFKF-FM 94.1 Kansas City,KS
WFUS-FM 103.5 Tampa,FL
WOKQ-FM 97.5 Portsmouth, NH

I can't believe a Nashville station (WSM) is giving SHOES 4 spins!!!! :SN

Sheri
09-10-2005, 01:09 AM
I'm not even breaking a sweat yet. I fully believe this song is juuuuuuuust beginning. When Housewives starts their new season? This baby's going to move!

ojibiwanqueenst
09-10-2005, 06:46 AM
R&R: 39 SHANIA TWAIN Shoes 410 174 3.412
Top 25: 35 SHANIA TWAIN Shoes 115 53 1.756

Jud
09-10-2005, 08:00 AM
Played by 49 stations right now.

GonnaGetcha720
09-10-2005, 08:26 AM
DAY 16 COMPARISONS (10 September, 2005-AM UPDATE)

Position:
Today: #39 (SAME as yesterday)
Yesterday: #39
One Week Ago: #49 (UP 10)

Spins:
Today: 410 (UP 27 from yesterday)
Yesterday: 383
One Week Ago: 236 (UP 174)

Audience Impressions:
Today: 3.412 (UP 0.171 from yesterday)
Yesterday: 3.241
One Week Ago: 1.952 (UP 1.460)

We got two more stations last night to add SHOES giving it 49 playing stations. Request hard at WSM Nashville...we've got 6 spins on that stations...and it's a nashville station. DJ's are being a lot friendlier to this single than ther were to previous shania singles!!!

GonnaGetcha720
09-10-2005, 08:41 AM
Hey here's another neat comparison...

For IANQ Vs. SHOES

-SHOES is on it's 16th day on the charts...on IANQ's Day 16th day it had 205 spins--SHOES has double that.

-SHOES has triple the audience that IANQ had on it's 16th day

-SHOES is about 14 positions ahead of where IANQ was on it's 16th day

-SHOES has already peaked higher than Quitter in spins, Audience, and position

Everybody request hard so I'll be able to say that SHOES is about 14 positions ahead of Don't's peak on the charts in about 1 month or so... :SN

cbspock
09-10-2005, 08:43 AM
I'm not even breaking a sweat yet. I fully believe this song is juuuuuuuust beginning. When Housewives starts their new season? This baby's going to move!

It should get a boost if they start using it in their promos. Hopefully the video premiere will kick the song up.

-Chris

Steve F
09-10-2005, 09:26 AM
It is sounding a little better with this latest info.

Steve

GonnaGetcha720
09-10-2005, 06:08 PM
09/10/05, 2.19pm (DAY 16 Cont.)

SHOES >> #39 with 422 spins, +186 plays and 3.500 audience impression. We saw a decent gain today (about 12 spins and nearly 100K in audience). Keep it going UP!!! Request hard, now we're getting to the very competitive and slow moving part of the chart!!!!

We have 5 more stations that have added today making our total 53.

On the top 25 markets chart SHOES is at #35 with 116 spins (+54) and 1.775 audience.

GonnaGetcha720
09-11-2005, 09:17 AM
DAY 17 UPDATE (11 September, 2005-AM UPDATE)

Position:
Today: #38 (UP 1 from yesterday)
Yesterday: #39

Spins:
Today: 437 (UP 27 from yesterday)
Yesterday: 410

Audience Impressions:
Today: 3.598 (UP 0.186 from yesterday)
Yesterday: 3.412

We're now up to 55 playing stations. I am really impressed with all the stations in Texas. Shania is getting really heavy airplay in that state. Both top 25 market stations in Dallas are playing over 15 times a week and Houston is now playing it a lot. Keep it up in Texas Shania fans!!! In fact, the stations in Dallas make up for 1.059 of Shania's aud. imp. right now!!!

On the top 25 markets chart SHOES skoots up one to #34 with 119 spins (a bullet of 43) and 1.837 aud. imp.

jen
09-11-2005, 08:37 PM
HERE ARE THE STATIONS TESTING, if you are from the area please help request to keep them spinning the song:

KFRG-FM 95.1 Riverside,CA
WYPY-FM 100.7 Baton Rouge,LA
WIL-FM 92.3 St. Louis,MO
WYNK-FM 101.5 Baton Rouge,LA

ojibiwanqueenst
09-11-2005, 08:40 PM
Some more large stations. Great!

Jud
09-11-2005, 08:44 PM
Seems KZLA also added it's average 1 spin for a Shania song lately...

cbspock
09-11-2005, 08:49 PM

I hate that station. Do they have a competitor?

-Chris

ojibiwanqueenst
09-11-2005, 08:52 PM

After Midnite, the same reason that "Shoes" lost those 20 some stations at midweek.

How can the largest station in the country have a competitor? If they do, I'm sure it doesn't compare and they could care less. The best deal would be 'WUSN is playing it and they are larger than you.' (according to most recent Arbitron)

Jud
09-11-2005, 09:38 PM
Obviously at KZLA they don't care.

But hope at least 2-3 songs will go recurrent tonight. Otherwise the charts will be slower and slower.

cbspock
09-11-2005, 09:48 PM
After Midnite, the same reason that "Shoes" lost those 20 some stations at midweek.

How can the largest station in the country have a competitor? If they do, I'm sure it doesn't compare and they could care less. The best deal would be 'WUSN is playing it and they are larger than you.' (according to most recent Arbitron)

Oh, it matters. WALK and WLTW here are competitors, and you can use one against the other.

-Chris

ojibiwanqueenst
09-11-2005, 09:58 PM
You're missing it. If KZLA is the #1 or #2 biggest in the United States, what is the #100 competitor? If they were on the same level, you could use that. The way to get them to play is 'well the other Top 10 are.'

cbspock
09-11-2005, 10:28 PM
You're missing it. If KZLA is the #1 or #2 biggest in the United States, what is the #100 competitor? If they were on the same level, you could use that. The way to get them to play is 'well the other Top 10 are.'

What is the local competition??

-Chris

Jud
09-12-2005, 12:29 AM
end of this week:

"Shoes" >> #37 with 470 spins, +191 plays and 3.810 audience impressions. PLayed by 56 stations.
Top 25 stations >> "Shoes" is #32 .

3 songs: Keith's , Brad Paisley's and Mcgraw's went recurrent (only mediabase)
Next week perhaps Mississippi Girl and Van Zant's song will go recurrent.

GonnaGetcha720
09-12-2005, 06:03 AM
DAY 18 UPDATE (12 September, 2005-AM UPDATE)

Position:
Today: #36 (UP 2 from yesterday)
Yesterday: #38

Spins:
Today: 513 (UP 76 from yesterday)
Yesterday: 437

Audience Impressions:
Today: 4.221 (UP 0.623 from yesterday)
Yesterday: 3.598

We're now up to 58 playing stations. WIL in St. Louis is testing now....request hard there!!!!!

On the top 25 markets chart SHOES skoots up one to #33 with 137 spins (a bullet of 53) and 2.213 aud. imp.

cbspock
09-12-2005, 06:13 AM
From 9/10.....
And Shania Twain's "Shoes" (one of those rare songs she and her husband, Mutt Lange, didn't write) paces from No. 57 to No. 45.
http://www.cmt.com/news/articles/1509262/20050909/brooks_and_dunn.jhtml?headlines=true

jen
09-12-2005, 12:24 PM
Unfortunately KZLA does not have a competitor station but everyone can vote on AMERICAS HOTLIST to keep the plays on KZLA going. This nightly program is played on KZLA as well as 2 other affiliate stations, KSKS, KRAZ

http://www.americashotlist.com *click on vote now, top of page* OR call
America's Hot List 1-877-4944-8639 (Just call and leave message request)

HERE ARE SOME MORE VOTING LINKS("Shoes" is on the list):

http://www.kncifm.com/playlist.asp (KNCI Sacramento,CA)

http://www.eagle97.com/ (WGH Norfolk,VA) *Click on Hampton Roads 20...its on the list!

http://www.995thewolf.com/texastop30.asp (KPLX Fortworth,TX)

Debbie
09-12-2005, 02:14 PM
Jen it correct...KZLA does not have a Los Angeles country competitor. It is the only country station is the LA area. The next closest country station kind of in the area is KFRG but is does not reach really to the LA area. It is a San Bernadino/Riverside county area station. KZLA reaches a huge area including the area that KFROG reaches. I live over 100 miles from where KZLA's station is and I still can get it out here. I sure wish they had a competitor!!! Fortunely I can also get KFRG (I live in Riverside county) and I usually choose to listen to them...when I listen to radio and not my iPod!

cbspock
09-12-2005, 06:28 PM
Jen it correct...KZLA does not have a Los Angeles country competitor. It is the only country station is the LA area. The next closest country station kind of in the area is KFRG but is does not reach really to the LA area. It is a San Bernadino/Riverside county area station. KZLA reaches a huge area including the area that KFROG reaches. I live over 100 miles from where KZLA's station is and I still can get it out here. I sure wish they had a competitor!!! Fortunely I can also get KFRG (I live in Riverside county) and I usually choose to listen to them...when I listen to radio and not my iPod!

Hope they lost power today!!! :hyst:

-Chris

cbspock
09-12-2005, 07:55 PM
The CT station, WWYZ : http://www.wwyz.com/main.html is giving away DH DVD boxsets, and CDs as they promote SHOES.

-Chris

Debbie
09-12-2005, 09:30 PM
Hope they lost power today!!! :hyst:

-Chris

Well, I was not listening to the radio today (our power was okay) but their station is right in the middle of the power outage area so I'm sure they must of ... or at least had problems!

ojibiwanqueenst
09-13-2005, 06:30 AM
3AM
Shoes>>#36 with 551 spins, +217 plays, with 4.488 million listeners (61 stations).

Now at #33 on the Top 25. It's spin/audience ratio is okay, but I think smaller markets are bringing it down by increasing plays. Oh well. We need them, too.

GonnaGetcha720
09-13-2005, 06:34 AM
DAY 19 UPDATE (13 September, 2005-AM UPDATE)

Position:
Today: #36 (SAME as yesterday)
Yesterday: #36

Spins:
Today: 551 (UP 38 from yesterday)
Yesterday: 513

Audience Impressions:
Today: 4.488 (UP 0.267 from yesterday)
Yesterday: 4.221

We went up 3 play stations over night to 61 playing stations. WIL in St. Louis is testing now....I still can't believe we're getting 8 spins from WSM Nashville!!!! :)request hard there!!!!!

On the top 25 markets chart SHOES stays at #33 with 145 spins (+8 over night) and a bullet of +53 and 2.348 aud. imp.

sas
09-13-2005, 07:05 AM
Now if we can just open the door to WTQR ... They do stream live I just found out.. IMPOSSIBLE DREAM...

Steve F
09-13-2005, 11:04 AM
Thanks for keeping us up to date. :)

Steve

jen
09-13-2005, 12:02 PM
We went up 3 play stations over night to 61 playing stations. WIL in St. Louis is testing now....I still can't believe we're getting 8 spins from WSM Nashville!!!! :)request hard there!!!!!

If I remember correctly, WSM played alot of "IANQ" and seems to be a supporter despite their location. I think WIL in St. Louis and WUSN in Chicago are the more important ones.

I no longer see WUSN on the list of stations which most likely means they are playing the song less than 7 times a week. WIL as of today only is playing the song overnight with 3 plays. So if anyone is from those areas please call and and request "Shoes"!

HERE ARE STATIONS THAT HAVE ADDED RECENTLY and ARE TESTING:

WIL-FM 92.3 ST. Louis, MO
WIRK-FM 107.9 West Palm Beach, FL
KUBL-FM 93.3 Salt Lake City, UT

FV
09-13-2005, 08:08 PM
Requested! :Bthumb

ojibiwanqueenst
09-13-2005, 08:45 PM
WIL St Louis (www.wil92.com) is now playing "Shoes" in primetime, with one play already this evening. They stream, and will be playing it again before 12am CST.

Jud
09-14-2005, 09:33 AM
14/09/05

"Shoes" >> #36 with 583 spins, +211 plays and 4.750 audience impression.
It's now #31 on the top 25 stations.

cmdrkranil
09-14-2005, 11:22 AM
GO HERE FOR ULTIMATE REQUESTING GUIDE (http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17515)

Thanks for this list!! That really helped me get my requesting act together!

Ron

Jud
09-14-2005, 11:40 AM
addition:

Kenny Chesney just releases a new single, the leading one from his next album , so it will pass "Shoes" in a maximum 2 weeks. And Mcgraw releases another single, that one will pass it too, but certainly will be a slower thing.

GonnaGetcha720
09-14-2005, 03:16 PM
Thanks for this list!! That really helped me get my requesting act together!

Ron

Ur welcome but the credit really belongs to Ojibwanqueenst and jen for compiling all of the links! :)

cmdrkranil
09-14-2005, 06:46 PM
Ur welcome but the credit really belongs to Ojibwanqueenst and jen for compiling all of the links! :)

Thanks to ALL who contributed!!

Jud
09-14-2005, 09:52 PM
addition:

Kenny Chesney just releases a new single, the leading one from his next album , so it will pass "Shoes" in a maximum 2 weeks.

I have to correct myself, it will be in the next two days, maximum. :rolleyes:
I hate these automatic #1s.

jen
09-15-2005, 03:06 AM
14/09/05

"Shoes" >> #36 with 583 spins, +211 plays and 4.750 audience impression.
It's now #31 on the top 25 stations.

New stations that are testing so if you are from the area please call in to your local station and request:

WGH-FM 97.3 Norfolk,VA.
KQFC-FM 97.9 Boise,ID.
WSJR-FM 93.7 Wilkes-Barre/Dallas,PA.
WNKT-FM 107.5 Charleston/Saint George,SC.

GonnaGetcha720
09-15-2005, 06:30 AM
DAY 21 UPDATE (15 September, 2005-AM UPDATE)

Position:

Spins:
Today: 596 (UP 13 from yesterday)
Yesterday: 583

Audience Impressions:
Today: 4.839 (UP 0.089 from yesterday)
Yesterday: 4.750

We have 67 playing stations now. WRNS Greenville, WITL Lansing, WIOV Lancaster, WYGY Cincinatti, and WNKT Charleston have recently added.

On the top 25 markets chart SHOES moves up to #31 with 152 spins and a bullet of +51 and 2.536 aud. imp.

jen
09-15-2005, 09:52 PM
New stations that are testing so if you are from the area please call in to your local station and request:

WGH-FM 97.3 Norfolk,VA.
KQFC-FM 97.9 Boise,ID.
WSJR-FM 93.7 Wilkes-Barre/Dallas,PA.
WNKT-FM 107.5 Charleston/Saint George,SC.
WGNE-FM 99.3 Jacksonville,FL
WSJR-FM 93.7 Wilkes-Barre/Dallas,PA
WZZK-FM 104.7 Birmingham,AL
WYGY-FM 96.5 Cincinnati,OH
WIOV-FM 105.1 Lancaster,PA
WRNS-FM 95.1 Greenville, NC

Stations that have RE-added. They were on the chart the first time out and now show up again as starters. These are important since they have re-added, if they do not make it this time they most likely won't add the song again. So if you are from these areas PLEASE call in to the station and let them know you want to hear "Shoes".

WQHK-FM 105.1 Fort Wayne/Decatur,IN
KHEY-FM 96.3 El Paso,TX
WITL-FM 100.7 Lansing,MI

cbspock
09-15-2005, 09:56 PM
How about the station in Hartford CT????

http://www.wwyz.com/main.html

GonnaGetcha720
09-16-2005, 06:33 AM
DAY 22 UPDATE (16 September, 2005-AM UPDATE)

Position:

Spins:
Today: 626 (UP 30 from yesterday)
Yesterday: 596

Audience Impressions:
Today: 5.043 (UP 0.204 from yesterday)
Yesterday: 4.839

We have 68 playing stations now. Up 1 over night. WRNS Greenville, WITL Lansing, WIOV Lancaster, WYGY Cincinatti, and WNKT Charleston have recently added.

Some stations are dropping in spins...here they are:

25-KSKS-Fresno (-5 since last week)
22-KTOM-Salinas (-1 since last week)
18-KSOP-Salt Lake City (-2 since last week)
17-KNCI-Sacramento (-9 since last week)

On the top 25 markets chart SHOES moves up to #32 (Kenny Chesney's latest passes SHOES over night) with 158 spins (+6 over night) and a bullet of +46 and 2.602 aud. imp. LARGE MARKET WKLB in BOSTON HAS ALSO PICKED UP SHOES RATHER WELL...PLEASE REQUEST THERE ALSO!!!!!

jen
09-16-2005, 02:31 PM
[QUOTESome stations are dropping in spins...here they are:

25-KSKS-Fresno (-5 since last week)
22-KTOM-Salinas (-1 since last week)
18-KSOP-Salt Lake City (-2 since last week)
17-KNCI-Sacramento (-9 since last week)
[/QUOTE]

Yeah I have been keeping an eye on those stations also. I think for the most part that KSKS, KTOM, and KSOP usually play songs alot then drop down to regular spins.

The stations that I am worried about is KNCI in Sacramento and KEEY who also was dropping spins and now is no longer on the chart.

GonnaGetcha720
09-17-2005, 08:17 AM
DAY 23 UPDATE (17 September, 2005-AM UPDATE)

Position:
Today: #37 (DOWN 1 from yesterday)

Spins:
Today: 637 (UP 11 from yesterday)
Yesterday: 626

Audience Impressions:
Today: 5.194 (UP 0.151 from yesterday)
Yesterday: 5.043

We have 69 playing stations now. The following stations have recently added:

KQFC-FM Boise (http://www.98kqfc.com/request.php)
WIL-FM St. Louis (http://www.wil92.com/?sid=105965&nid=13)
WIRK-FM West Palm (http://www.wirk.com/WIRKpages/WIRKrequests.htm)
WOKO-FM Burlington (http://www.woko.com/staff.htm)
WNKT-FM Charleston (http://www.catcountry1075.com/CustomForm.asp?id=2370)
WIOV-FM Lancaster (http://www.wiov.com/)
KMDL-FM Lafayette
WSLC-FM Roanoke (http://949starcountry.com/listings13915.asp)
WRNS-FM Greenville (http://www.wrns.com/contact.shtml)
WZZK-FM Birmingham (http://wzzk.com/inside/playlists.html)
WITL-FM Lansing (http://www.witl.com/contact.html)
KRYS-FM Corpus Christi (http://www.krysfm.com/main.html#)

Some stations are dropping in spins...here they are:

31 Spins-KBUL-Reno (-1 since last week) (http://www.kbul.com/requestasong.asp)
25 Spins-KSKS-Fresno (-5 since last week) (http://www.ksks.com/sc/apps/contact/contact.cgi)
18 Spins-KSOP-Salt Lake City (-1 since last week) (http://www.ksopcountry.com/contactus.htm)
17 Spins-KNCI-Sacramento (-7 since last week) (http://www.kncifm.com/contactus.asp)

On the top 25 markets chart SHOES is stationary at #32 with 160 spins (+2 over night) and a bullet of +44 and 2.693 aud. imp. LARGE MARKET WKLB in BOSTON HAS ALSO PICKED UP SHOES RATHER WELL...PLEASE REQUEST THERE ALSO!!!!!

Jud
09-17-2005, 08:25 AM
Thanks.
Seems the song slowed down a bit, and we need much more stations to add the song - I mean Keith, Strait, Hill, Chesney all have been added to more stations like 90+.
On the other hand, I did not expected this having a regular single run, as it is from a soundtrack. And except for a very few artists, the xharts are really, really slow.
The goos news is that Shoes now got in audience impression very close to two other songs in front, of Tracy Laurence and Terri Clark.

Hopefully next week's promotion of the sreie and the video will take it really off.

ojibiwanqueenst
09-17-2005, 09:18 AM
That's right. The series debuts next Sunday. I think the show will help the song--it almost seems like this is the new "theme song", although I don't think it is. And if she was on the show...:D

FV
09-17-2005, 10:02 AM
Thanks for all the updates! :)

Steve F
09-17-2005, 11:05 AM
Yes, thanks. :)

Steve

sas
09-17-2005, 05:32 PM
WSLC-FM Roanoke really - really let me down with Quitter... I've been listening but nothing yet... so hopefully soon...

sas
09-17-2005, 07:37 PM
WOW my lucky night... Listened for 1 hour and heard it on 2 stations...WSLC-FM being one of them.. Real Cool

Jud
09-17-2005, 10:13 PM
What about WUSN and WILL?
And how many big CC-stations playing the song?

ojibiwanqueenst
09-17-2005, 10:32 PM
WIL is playing 8 times a week for near 50k listeners. This all started Tuesday (9/13) and has increased all week. WUSN had tested, and I haven't seen them since. When Billboard reports Wednesday, I will let you know.

Jud
09-18-2005, 11:08 AM
Today's morning, 18/09/05

Shoes >> is #37 with 673 spins, +202 plays and 5.576 audience impression. Just as I said, right now Shoesalmost left behind in audience impressions Tracy Lawrence's song and very close to have more audeince impressions than terri Clark's single.
Played by 71 stations.

And I think 1 or two song above will go recurrent.

ojibiwanqueenst
09-18-2005, 11:47 AM
I belive Van Zant and Faith Hill are recurrent on R&R this week. Hopefully after the evening update, she will gain some more audience and pass both Terri and Tracy. Then with those recurrents move up higher on R&R. I don't know who is going recurrent on Billboard, but expect a good 4-6 place jump there.

Jud
09-18-2005, 12:30 PM
Yeah, IF everything turns out on the better side, Shoes can get to #33 on mediabase and hopefully around #38 on Billboard.

GonnaGetcha720
09-18-2005, 01:02 PM
Here's my prediction of what the top 40 of the Billboard Country Singles/Tracks Chart will look like this week:

(LW)-TW-Artist: Single

(01)-01-SARA EVANS: A Real Fine Place To Start
(02)-02-MONTGOMERY GENTRY: Something To Be Proud Of
(03)-03-TOBY KEITH: As Good As I Once Was
(06)-04-CRAIG MORGAN: Redneck Yacht Club
(10)-05-KEITH URBAN: Better Life
(08)-06-JAMIE O'NEAL: Somebody's Hero
(09)-07-GRETCHEN WILSON: All Jacked Up
(04)-08-BRAD PAISLEY: Alcohol
(11)-09-JOSH GRACIN: Stay With Me (Brass Bed)
(05)-10-BROOKS & DUNN: Play Something Country
(14)-11-LEANN RIMES: Probably Wouldn't Be This Way
(12)-12-FAITH HILL: Mississippi Girl
(13)-13-SUGARLAND: Something More
(15)-14-JASON ALDEAN: Hicktown
(16)-15-LONESTAR: You're Like Comin' Home
(17)-16-TRISHA YEARWOOD: Georgia Rain
(19)-17-RASCAL FLATTS: Skin (Sarabeth)
(18)-18-GARY ALLAN: Best I Ever Had
(20)-19-NEAL MCCOY: Billy's Got His Beer Goggles On
(21)-20-DIERKS BENTLEY: Come A Little Closer
(22)-21-LEE ANN WOMACK: He Oughta Know That By Now
(25)-22-JOE NICHOLS: Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Of
(23)-23-JO DEE MESSINA: Delicious Surprise (I Believe It)
(24)-24-PHIL VASSAR: Good Ole Days
(30)-25-LITTLE BIG TOWN: Boondocks
(36)-26-TOBY KEITH: Big Blue Note
(32)-27-FAITH HILL: Like We Never Loved At All
(28)-28-CHRIS CAGLE: Miss Me Baby
(26)-29-SHOOTER JENNINGS: 4th Of July
(29)-30-BILLY CURRINGTON: Must Be Doin' Something Right
(31)-31-MARTINA MCBRIDE: Rose Garden
(NE)-32-KENNY CHESNEY: Who You'd Be Today
(27)-33-RYAN SHUPE & THE RUBBERBAND: Dream Big
(33)-34-ALAN JACKSON: USA Today
(39)-35-GEORGE STRAIT: She Let Herself Go
(35)-36-KEITH ANDERSON: XXL
(42)-37-SHANIA TWAIN: Shoes
(37)-38-TERRI CLARK: She Didn't Have Time
(38)-39-TRACY LAWRENCE: Used To The Pain
(39)-40-GEORGE STRAIT: Texas

I predict a leap of 5 for "Shoes" to #37.

cbspock
09-18-2005, 01:08 PM
Can the top 20 be any more predictable?

-Chris

Jud
09-18-2005, 01:16 PM
well, I think the next two weeks will be more indicative as to where and in what pace the single is heading.
So far it's doing quite parallel to Don't!, a bit better though.

ojibiwanqueenst
09-18-2005, 01:32 PM
"Shoes" is yet to "take off". I graphed the run thus far this morning. Just a steady climb, constant however. This is unlike any Shania single I have ever watched--maybe Lyric Street is the reason. It could take this song months to peak--which is fine, it keeps her name out. There is yet to be what I call a "Shania burp" too. I don't know if that is a good thing or bad thing. Faith took off just about 2 weeks after its add date, and with the video and season starting soon, "Shoes" should start to see larger increases.

Jud has mentioned this before--the chart is really tight. There is one bulletless song that won't go recurrent tonight in the Top 20. Audience gaps are in there too. Hopefully, we can get into the Top 30 by the end of next week and put up some more +3 million bullets on Billboard.

I'm keeping my subscription through the end of the year, so I will post all that information here on Wednesdays.

cbspock
09-18-2005, 01:46 PM
Come on, when they slow Shania's song down so others can pass. It means one thing, there is funny business going on.

It would be more noticible if it were say a NASCAR race and they kept black flagging her car for no reason. Too bad it wasn't a NASCAR race, Shania could put some of these people into the wall.

-Chris

jen
09-18-2005, 01:46 PM
What about WUSN and WILL?
And how many big CC-stations playing the song?

I have been keeping track and so far only 11 LARGE STATIONS are playing the song consistantly and they show up on the charts. KSKS, KATM, KJUG, KSCS, WKLB, WOGI, KILT, WKHX, KMPS, WTQR, WIL

I count 22 stations that were playing before "Shoes" took that big drop of stations happened, they have not charted since. Maybe Derrick will see different when he gets Billboard's Report.

Stations that have added recently have been KBKO Bakersfield,CA and KMDL Kaplan,Louisiana.

Stations that have re-added are KSD St Louis and WBEE Rochester,NY.

ojibiwanqueenst
09-18-2005, 01:49 PM
Those 22, I am guaranteed, came from After Midnite spinning the song. So those stations showed up. But if you have them written down Jen, I will post the whole lineup of stations playing and you can cross check.

Oh, and KSD St. Louis is a CC station. I got WIL to start playing by telling them KSD was playing--KSD stopped and may be starting again because WIL is now playing. I can't watch WIL anymore until it comes up on the leaders list or until Wednesday. I haven't seen WUSN for a while either.

Jud
09-18-2005, 01:53 PM
I think what Shoes is missing so far, is WUSN.
Shania's singles got an early and generally constant push from that station, which is the biggest station right now. Now it's not really a part of the numbers yet, one of the reasons might be that Hill, Yearwood is back, and Messina. Don't know.

jen
09-18-2005, 01:58 PM
WIL is playing 8 times a week for near 50k listeners. This all started Tuesday (9/13) and has increased all week. WUSN had tested, and I haven't seen them since. When Billboard reports Wednesday, I will let you know.

Hopefully WUSN will show plays, I haven't seen it in a while either. As for WIL, they are playing the song but only overnights and evenings. Same holds true with stations WNKT Charelston, WSLC Roanoke,VA and WOKO Burlington,VT. So if you are from any of these locations please request and ask them to play the song during AM/MIDDAY/PM times.

jen
09-18-2005, 02:03 PM
I think what Shoes is missing so far, is WUSN.
Shania's singles got an early and generally constant push from that station, which is the biggest station right now. Now it's not really a part of the numbers yet, one of the reasons might be that Hill, Yearwood is back, and Messina. Don't know.

I agree WUSN is a big factor here. The song is doing decent w/o them but for it to climb I think we need to see more plays from them. I think when "Shoes" hits the TOP 30, which is hopefully soon that more stations will add. I really think it has to be soon though, or stations will start dropping.

cbspock
09-18-2005, 02:26 PM
Some one didn't get their free plasma screen TV I guess..lol hehe hehe

-Chris

ojibiwanqueenst
09-18-2005, 02:33 PM
I think "Shoes" can stay #35-30 for a while and keep plays and increases. But I do agree, that a set number of stations are waiting to add/increase until it hits top 30. A big milestone this week, however, will be the song making Top 40 on Billboard, which in two weeks will add American Country Countdown into the mix.

Surfette
09-18-2005, 09:20 PM
They finally started playing "Shoes" over here on the country stations here. Even launchcast.com added to their country playlist.

Jud
09-19-2005, 12:32 AM
Last update for his week:

Shoes >> #34 with 680 spins, +209 plays and 5.568 audience impressions.
Played by 73 stations.

Jud
09-19-2005, 08:35 AM
19/09/05

Shoes >> #34 with 688 spins, +175 plays and 5.670 audience impressions. Played by 78 stations.

Steve F
09-19-2005, 04:00 PM
It seems we have good and bad news on how Shoes is going. OO-

Steve

Jud
09-20-2005, 08:49 AM
20/09/05

Shoes >> #34 with 704 spins +151 plays and 5.714 audience impressions. Played by 79 stations.

jen
09-20-2005, 01:06 PM
I think we need to push this song as hard as we can and get it to top 30 very soon! Gretchen Wilson has a new release and u know will pass Shania.

ojibiwanqueenst
09-20-2005, 01:13 PM
That new release has no scheduled date, however, Tim McGraw's new single does to radio this week or next, soo...

jen
09-20-2005, 01:16 PM
....no schedule date but it is already on the charts in the 50's

Jud
09-20-2005, 01:22 PM
I think we need to push this song as hard as we can and get it to top 30 very soon! Gretchen Wilson has a new release and u know will pass Shania.

Sony gave up on All Jacked Up?!

ojibiwanqueenst
09-20-2005, 01:23 PM
No, I don't think so yet. But the reason the song is already on the chart is because the album is coming out next week so the album is getting radio play.

EDIT: The song in the 50s isn't even the next scheduled single from Gretchen. It is the duet with Merle Haggard.

Jud
09-20-2005, 01:30 PM
No matter, we all know who are the industry/radio favorites. :shrug:
And what image they want to project. That's all about it.

Steve F
09-20-2005, 03:41 PM
Plus now we don't even know what this latest development on the songwriting fiasco means either.

See: http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/showthread.php?t=18551

Steve

jen
09-21-2005, 10:31 AM
20/09/05

Shoes >> #34 with 704 spins +151 plays and 5.714 audience impressions. Played by 79 stations.

9/21/05

Shoes #34 with 721 spins, +138plays, and 5.832 audience impressions. 80 stations now playing.

We really need help with WUSN in Chicago if anyone has it and is from that area. It is one of the largest stations and only getting 1 play for the week!

jen
09-22-2005, 03:15 AM
The newest stations to add and test are,

KKBQ-FM 92.9 Houston,TX
WQYK-FM 99.5 Tampa,FL
KEGA-FM 101.5 Salt Lake City/Oakley,UT
KYKR-FM 95.1 Beaumont,TX
WWQM-FM 106.3 Madison, WI
KDRK-FM 93.7 Spokane,WA
KWJJ-FM 99.5 Portland,OR
KRST-FM 92.3 Albuquerque,NM

The stations in BOLD are the large stations, very important to keep them playing the song. If you are from any of these areas please call your local country stations and tell them to continue playing this song.

GonnaGetcha720
09-22-2005, 06:30 AM
DAY 28 UPDATE (22 September, 2005-AM UPDATE)

Position:
Today: #33 (UP 1 From yesterday)
Yesterday: #34

Spins:
Today: 743 (UP 22 from yesterday)
Yesterday: 721

Audience Impressions:
Today: 5.997 (UP 0.165 from yesterday)
Yesterday: 5.832

We have 82 playing stations now. Up 2 over night!!!

On the top 25 markets chart SHOES stays at #32 with 180 spins and a bullet of +27 and 2.997 aud. imp.

Steve F
09-22-2005, 08:22 AM
Thanks again. :)

Steve

Jud
09-23-2005, 07:18 AM
23/09/05, 5am

Shoes >> #33 with 751 spins, +125 plays and 5.987 audience impressions.
Right now out of the top 20 gainers,

Jud
09-23-2005, 10:55 AM
it added one station, now played by 83.

Jud
09-24-2005, 05:56 AM
24/09/05

Shoes >> #33 with 751 spins (same as yesterday), +94 plays and 5.982 audience impression (a very small drop).
Unfortunatelly, the song is slowed down big time, which shown in the 94 spins gaimned since the same day last week.

sas
09-24-2005, 06:38 AM
Understandable that most stations playing in the LA and TX area are not in music mode right now - if on the air at all - which I'm sure is effecting everyone.. It will start back UP! again next week.... :)

GonnaGetcha720
09-24-2005, 08:36 AM
Understandable that most stations playing in the LA and TX area are not in music mode right now - if on the air at all - which I'm sure is effecting everyone.. It will start back UP! again next week.... :)

Yeah, I think that many singles have slowed down due to this. The chart is pretty stationary right now.

Btw, here are the #s for the top 25 markets chart:

Down to #33 with 181 spins (+11 bullet) and 2.937 aud. imp.

Jud
09-25-2005, 08:36 AM
25/09/05

Shoes >> #33 with 767 spins (gained since yesterday) +87 spins and 5.965 audience impression (another very small drop).

GonnaGetcha720
09-25-2005, 02:25 PM
On the top 25 markets (AM Update): Shoes is at #33 with 182 spins; a +16 bullet; and 2.949 aud. imp. (a VERY small gain from yesterday).

sas
09-25-2005, 05:18 PM
I'm listening to Acc top 40 will Shoes debut this week?

ojibiwanqueenst
09-25-2005, 05:54 PM
No, next. I think the song is slowing because stations are playing only the Top 20, and very limited "new" songs. Hopefully, with the season starting and the video, and a jump on the charts, this song will get a boost.

sas
09-25-2005, 06:11 PM
Both Toby's and Faith's new songs were the two new adds tonight... they both were released before Shoes?

ojibiwanqueenst
09-25-2005, 06:24 PM
Kinda. "Shoes" was on Billboard, but it took 3 weeks to hit the Top 40. That was last week's chart that will become next week's show.

GonnaGetcha720
09-25-2005, 10:19 PM
Here's my prediction of this week's country singles chart...

(LW)-TW-Artist: Single

(02)-01-MONTGOMERY GENTRY: Something To Be Proud Of
(01)-02-SARA EVANS: A Real Fine Place To Start
(03)-03-CRAIG MORGAN: Redneck Yacht Club
(04)-04-KEITH URBAN: Better Life
(05)-05-JAMIE O'NEAL: Somebody's Hero
(06)-06-TOBY KEITH: As Good As I Once Was
(07)-07-JOSH GRACIN: Stay With Me (Brass Bed)
(08)-08-GRETCHEN WILSON: All Jacked Up
(09)-09-LEANN RIMES: Probably Wouldn't Be This Way
(14)-10-JASON ALDEAN: Hicktown
(16)-11-RASCAL FLATTS: Skin (Sarabeth)
(10)-12-BROOKS & DUNN: Play Something Country
(15)-13-LONESTAR: You're Like Comin' Home
(13)-14-SUGARLAND: Something More
(14)-15-FAITH HILL: Mississippi Girl
(17)-16-TRISHA YEARWOOD: Georgia Rain
(20)-17-NEAL MCCOY: Billy's Got His Beer Goggles On
(18)-18-GARY ALLAN: Best I Ever Had
(21)-19-DIERKS BENTLEY: Come A Little Closer
(26)-20-KENNY CHESNEY: Who You'd Be Today
(19)-21-TIM MCGRAW: Do You Want Fries With That
(22)-22-JOE NICHOLS: Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off
(27)-23-TOBY KEITH: Big Blue Note
(23)-24-LEE ANN WOMACK: He Oughta Know That By Now
(24)-25-PHIL VASSAR: Good Ole Days
(25)-26-JO DEE MESSINA: Delicious Surprise (I Believe It)
(28)-27-LITTLE BIG TOWN: Boondocks
(29)-28-FAITH HILL: Like We Never Loved At All
(30)-29-BILLY CURRINGTON: Must Be Doin' Something Right
(35)-30-ALAN JACKSON: USA Today
(31)-31-CHRIS CAGLE: Miss Me Baby
(34)-32-MARTINA MCBRIDE: Rose Garden
(33)-33-RYAN SHUPE & THE RUBBERBAND: Dream Big
(32)-34-SHOOTER JENNINGS: 4th Of July
(36)-35-GEORGE STRAIT: She Let Herself Go
(37)-36-KEITH ANDERSON: XXL
(39)-37-SHANIA TWAIN: Shoes
(38)-38-TERRI CLARK: She Didn't Have Time
(40)-39-TRACY LAWRENCE: Used To The Pain
(41)-40-GEORGE STRAIT: Texas

Jud
09-25-2005, 11:44 PM
Last update for the week: 25/09/05, 9.45pm

Shoes >> #33 with 767 spins, +87 plays and 5.927 audience impressions (another small drop here during the day).
We need more stations to add the songs, as almost 1/3 of the stations did not even added Shoes.

talkalot24
09-26-2005, 09:21 AM
A video would certainly help. It's ridiculous to release a video so late into the run of the single! Shania has done this with several songs and I don't understand it. For this video, if filming with the DH women was the holdup, then Shania should have done the video by herself or not at all, IMO.

Jud
09-26-2005, 09:44 AM
26/09/05

Shoes >> #32 with 786 spins, +98 plays, 5.973 audience impressions.

jen
09-26-2005, 01:13 PM
Should we worry yet?

Steve F
09-26-2005, 01:34 PM
A video would certainly help. It's ridiculous to release a video so late into the run of the single! Shania has done this with several songs and I don't understand it. For this video, if filming with the DH women was the holdup, then Shania should have done the video by herself or not at all, IMO.

You've made a good point. ;)

Steve

cbspock
09-26-2005, 06:18 PM

Depends on who is paying for the video.

-Chris

GonnaGetcha720
09-27-2005, 06:30 AM
DAY 32 UPDATE (27 September, 2005-AM UPDATE)

Position:
Today: #32 (SAME as yesterday)
Yesterday: #32

Spins:
Today: 789 (UP 3 from yesterday)
Yesterday: 786

Audience Impressions:
Today: 6.075 (UP 0.102 from yesterday)
Yesterday: 5.973

Finally a decent audience gain!

On the top 25 markets chart SHOES stays at #31 with 188 spins and a bullet of +18 and 2.954 aud. imp.

jen
09-27-2005, 11:24 AM
Ok, here is whats happening with stations as of late,

Stations that have RE-ADDED: These stations are important, if you are frorm the area, please help request. If the station drops the song again, it will not re-add so it is important to increase plays......REQUEST!

WMIL 106.1 Waukesha, Wisconsin
WKKT 96.9 Statesville, North Carolina

Stations that have added and have been testing: If you are from any of these areas please call and request to keep them playing "SHOES".

KSON 97.3 SanDiego,CA.
WYRK 106.5 Buffalo, New York
WFMS 95.5 Indianapolis, Indiana
WSSL 100.5 Gray Court, South Carolina
WBCT 93.7 Grand Rapids, Michigan
WBTU 93.3 Kendallville, Indiana
WGGY 101.3 Scranton, Pennsylvania
WRBT 94.9 Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
KJJY 92.5 West Des Moines, Iowa
WCKT 100.1 Port Charlotte, Florida
KRTY 95.3 Los Gatos, California

LET's GO!!! We need to get "Shoes in the TOP 30 SOON!!! If you are from these areas and need help with phone numbers and email addresses please post or email me and I will look them up for you

Jud
09-28-2005, 06:19 AM
28/09/05

Shoes >>#32 with 806 spins, +84 plays and 6.162 audience impressions.

Steve F
09-28-2005, 11:45 AM
It seems to be doing a little better than when you reported it on the 26th Jud. You are a better judge than I on that score.

Steve

GonnaGetcha720
09-29-2005, 06:28 AM
DAY 34 UPDATE (29 September, 2005-AM UPDATE)

Position:
Today: #32 (SAME as yesterday)
Yesterday: #32

Spins:
Today: 823 (UP 17 from yesterday)
Yesterday: 806

Audience Impressions:
Today: 6.323 (UP 0.161 from yesterday)
Yesterday: 6.162

Another decent audience gain last night! :SN