PDA

View Full Version : This DJ angers me

spike
09-08-2005, 04:54 PM
Let me show you 2 emails that I have received from the program director at my local radio station, 92.3 WCOL based out of Columbus. He is not even making an attempt to add "Shoes". I don't know what tactic I should use next. He would not play "Quitter" either when I requested it.

Didn't have any additions to the playlist this week.

Sorry,
JbC

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2005 1:58 PM
To: Crenshaw, John - Columbus
Subject: RE: Shania Twain - Shoes

I was just wondering if you were going to play "Shoes" yet.

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: Crenshaw, John - Columbus [mailto:JohnCrenshaw@ClearChannel.com]
Sent: Friday, August 26, 2005 1:37 PM
Subject: RE: Shania Twain - Shoes

Don't have it yet. Just got released today. So, we obviously cannot be playing it yet.

See you on the fan club board soon!

JbC

cbspock
09-08-2005, 05:36 PM
What board???

-Chris

spike
09-08-2005, 06:39 PM
That, I am honestly not sure. He just said it after my first request to play "Shoes".

sas
09-08-2005, 07:33 PM
I think the DJ was just being and A^* and trying to provoke you and bring you down to HIS level... Daring you if you will to get something started on the message boards...My take on it anyway... Guess some of these yokels DON'T have anything better to do with their time ...

cbspock
09-08-2005, 07:45 PM
I know, since being a DJ, you don't have to do anything anymore.

-Chris

jen
09-08-2005, 08:26 PM
Funny that he says that, maybe he is a member??!! LOL Anyways we have not posted anything so far on the fanclub about requesting other than to local stations....no links have been provided. It just seems this guy knows about how hard we tried to help "IANQ".

I had a station say something similiar to me last time for "IANQ" and I qiuckly replied to his email and said that I am a listener and gave the songs he had just played. He responded with an apology.

jen
09-08-2005, 08:28 PM
So it just got released today??

Steve F
09-09-2005, 12:30 PM
It sounds a little strange. :eek:

Steve

spike
09-09-2005, 04:40 PM
Maybe some Ohioans (or anyone) can help me get WCOL to play it??

:)

FV
09-09-2005, 06:21 PM
Maybe some Ohioans (or anyone) can help me get WCOL to play it??

:)
Sure can... :) Post a link to the radio website with the contacts/request form..or the email addresses here with the names... :GL

spike
09-09-2005, 10:07 PM
Ok... the website is very confusing, but the contact form is at:
http://www.wcol.com/pages/about/

And it has a drop-down list of everyone you can email.. I normally email all of them :)

However, John Boy Crenshaw... the guy I have trouble with (since he is the PD), his email is JohnCrenshaw@ClearChannel.com.. (what'd ya know, CLEAR CHANNEL!) anyway, thanks everyone!

Jud
09-09-2005, 10:09 PM
Well, they behaving funny lately:
if you are a fan of a certain artist - depending of course, who the pd likes -, than you are forbidden to request, because immediatelly will be accused of making this as a big conspiration of fans.

What a twisted logic!

cbspock
09-09-2005, 10:21 PM
Well, they behaving funny lately:
if you are a fan of a certain artist - depending of course, who the pd likes -, than you are forbidden to request, because immediatelly will be accused of making this as a big conspiration of fans.

What a twisted logic!

Meanwhile he works for the biggest crooked radio company out there.

-Chris

sas
09-10-2005, 06:24 AM
However, John Boy Crenshaw... the guy I have trouble with (since he is the PD), his email is JohnCrenshaw@ClearChannel.com.. (what'd ya know, CLEAR CHANNEL!) anyway, thanks everyone!
This dude must be taking a page from Bill Dotson the PD of my local Clear Channel station-- BTW definately the FLIP FLOP KIND.... :rolleyes:

FV
09-10-2005, 10:27 AM
Ok, I emailed the PD there....without telling him whether I knew the station or you Spike..but I have also noticed this message on their contact page: "92.3 WCOL is now in our brand new, state-of-the-art facilities. We hope you can come visit, so we can show off the new digs. To make it easy to find us, here are detailed directions and maps..." so maybe if you live relatively close you can go visit the radio station and compliment them on the equipment...and request Shania right there on the spot....;)
If they say no even in person during the visit to the station, I would simply put a Shania sticker on the station front door...LOL! That should remind them..:BL

cbspock
09-10-2005, 10:51 AM
Ask them where they hide the money..lol ;) hehe hehe :p

-Chris

Steve F
09-10-2005, 11:50 AM
I would simply put a Shania sticker on the station front door...LOL! That should remind them..

Good one FV. I love it. :floor :hugs:

Steve

spike
09-12-2005, 10:45 PM
Well i've been listening, and they have not played her. Darn John Boy Crenshaw!!

I guess I will just keep bombarding his email...

cbspock
09-12-2005, 11:04 PM
Better yet, call the program director.

-Chris

spike
09-13-2005, 12:42 AM
Great idea!