PDA

View Full Version : Get ready to Plan!!!!!!

FV
10-15-2000, 10:08 PM
Hi All Super Shania Fans!
Just wanted to alert you that the Fan Club official planning organization to go to Timmins next July will probably start around Thanksgiving or so..So Get ready to send out your ideas, comments, suggestions or anything else that might help us out to get this done!
It's going to be 7 months of hard work, but think about the fun we'll all be having together in Timmins! And Don't Forget about Shania being there!!!!!!

------------------
Cheers,
FV

Jody
10-16-2000, 06:23 AM
FV!

"Get Ready...We're Coming" from Florida! It's time to start watching the funds. I've gotta start putting away for Timmins. Let me know if there's anything I can do. Right now, I know Stan and I our driving up from Florida. There are a couple other people, I met from the concerts. that want to go too!. We can pick anyone up, on the way to Timmins, if they meet us on our route.

Again, thanks for your hard work on the new look for the site. It really does impress me much!

Jody

FV
10-16-2000, 10:11 AM
Thanks a lot Jody! All the merit goes to Shania fans all over the planet who keep coming to the site with great enthusiasm and passion for Shania's music!
Timmins we're coming!!!!

------------------
Cheers,
FV

Steve F
10-17-2000, 05:54 AM
Hi FV:

I was thinking about this last weekend. My wife and I will be driving up from Maine. We'll probably time it so we can spend a couple of days in Montreal first which would be about half-way. What concerns me is finding a place to stay. I don't mind if we have to stay out of town when we get to Timmins as long as we can make it in time for everything. So, I'm hoping someone comes up with some places for all of us to stay & make reservations. It's hard to tell from looking on the net exactly how many motels or rooms are available in the area. I am guessing this event will draw folks from all over the World, so it should be one of our first priorities. I am really looking forward to this, so unless I croak before next July, I plan to be there and meet all you guys! http://www.shania-twain.org/messages/cool.gif

Steve

------------------

DOC BILL
10-17-2000, 06:43 AM
The most unfortunate and yet totally impossible to control issue here is the date of the opening. All our plans including travel plans, reservations etc depend on that date. Travel plans probably can be changed on a more short term basis but the reservations need to be in place so we have a place to stay when we get there. Probably Warrior and a few others out there(includin' Warriors mom) would be willing to sleep on the ground under a tree if need be-but I ain't gona! I'm wondering if the place we all would like to stay would be willing to reserve a block of rooms for us (payment up front of course) with the understanding that as soon as the date is announced we would be first in line for the rooms. That might be a bit risky on our part but I'll bet once the date is announced the rooms will go fast. I also suspect(given my previous experience in the world of inside tradin') that the date will be known by local folks a while before it is officially announced to the rest of us peons. If the place we were all gona stay had our money and was willing to commit to giving us rooms first when the date becomes known locally we might have alot better chance of being successful at not havin' to sleep on the ground with Warrior and her mother and playin' bingo every nite! Just a suggestion. What do you think?

Terry
10-17-2000, 08:44 AM
i agree with you guys. once they release the set date, it'll be off to the races for us. but until then, i guess we'll just have to play within a range of days. i bet it'll probably be sometime between july 1st and july 15th. all this is just based on me, it's nothing in concrete. i hope i'm right though.

fv and i have talked about getting a block of rooms, i think that would be best. keep all the fan club members nice and close to each other. that would work out great since we won't have much time, maybe 3-4 days together, so keeping us close is a great idea.

go shania!
-terry

MaryR
10-19-2000, 08:57 AM
I plan on being there in Timmins too! I'm from Ohio and there will more than likely be 2 or 3 others coming with me. I'm not sure yet if we plan on driving all the way to Timmins or if catching a bus part of the way. Was there talk earlier about getting a bus for fan club members out of Detroit or else where?

detfan
10-19-2000, 11:25 AM
I have some information on bus routes from Detroit to Timmins. FV and I exchanged a couple of e-mails a while back. It's not been determined yet how many people would ride the bus, so, it's a little to early to reserve a charter (if that's what we decide to do). The other alternative is to car pool
with persons in your general area. I'm in a suburb of Detroit, so, Ohio people are relatively close by. Let's see what the majority of people want to do and take it from there.

detfan

FV
10-19-2000, 02:56 PM
I have very interesting quotes for the bus option..around $160 roundtrip from Pittsburgh to Timmins (with at least 50 ppl), it still remains to be decided where we should leave from...Detroit should work rather well...We'll get to it probably around January or so...hotel reservations come first I think..

------------------
Cheers,
FV

Terry
10-19-2000, 06:34 PM
hey all,

i'm planning on flying from LA to detroit and going from there to timmins. it's nothing written in stone but that was my first idea when we all first started talking about this trip.

go shania!
-terry

Jody
10-19-2000, 06:46 PM
I think that we should go to the Maple Leaf Hotel one night, while in Timmins, and repay our beer debts!

MaryR
10-19-2000, 10:45 PM
That sounds good to me! But didn't they lose count on the beer count after awhile? Who was in charge of that Doc Bill, Steve F or someone else. I can't remember. I'm not a beer drinker but give me a Pina Colada or Rum & Coke and I'm happy!

FV
10-20-2000, 10:44 AM
I am thinking about having a very special face-to-face chat at the Senator Hotel
one night, either in their bar place or in a room we can reserve http://www.shania-twain.org/messages/smile.gif or any other cool place where Shania sang in the past, That would be really cool!
A real STUSOFC private party!

------------------
Cheers,
FV

DOC BILL
10-20-2000, 11:48 AM
PARTY! I'm ready. A few things-a bus from Pittsburgh works great for me but I still might be driving myself, in Timmins I plan to drink beer because of Shania not because of Faith bashin', and finally a get together of this clan would be great but ya better have a big, sound proof room! DOC

Roger
10-20-2000, 06:54 PM
Here are a couple of ideas. At some point, I think it would be a good idea to make a registry of fans who intend to go to Timmins. We should stress that only those who definitely intend to be there should register. Those people who would like to go but aren't sure if they can go should not register. The reason is financial. I think most hotels will block a certain number of rooms but will require at some point (like one month in advance of the projected dates) that money be laid out to hold the rooms. We can't afford to book more rooms than we can fill. A good measure of how serious fans are in their intention to go would be if they are willing to send money at the time they register. Of course, the snag is until we know when the opening will be, most people can't commit to going. Since cbspock and/or Bryce may have now developed contacts in Timmins, we may have to rely on them to give us the earliest indication of the timing, if they don't mind. At the same time that people register they could indicate whether they are willing to share a room and how they intend to get to Timmins. If they are going by car, are they willing to pick others up? If they are interested in bussing it, which of a number of central points would they be interested in bussing it from? Well, you get the idea. At some point a list becomes necessary for planning purposes.

Roger

FV
10-21-2000, 12:16 AM
Roger,
I have a prelinimary list of people who communicated to me they intend to go. I am planning to send them an email in January to try to get to a final list of members by February and start thinking about things to do together in Timmins.. http://www.shania-twain.org/messages/smile.gif Once we know the numbers, we know what room we need to book for our party or the number of rooms to block at the hotel(s) there.. http://www.shania-twain.org/messages/biggrin.gif

------------------
Cheers,
FV

KEV
10-22-2000, 01:27 AM
Put me on the list FV!
Maybe all those going should post there general locations so we could then rendezvous
at chosen areas.I happen to be in the NYC
area myself. I'll be heading north come July!!!But I'd hate to be going alone so if anybody's coming through my area,let me know!!!
Super Shania Fan,
KEV http://www.shania-twain.org/messages/biggrin.gif

cparavisini
10-29-2000, 09:33 PM
I AM READY...
I NEVER BE A FAN BUT SHANIA BROKE THE RULES. SHE IS AMAZING !!!
LET'S GO TO TIMMINGS.
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OF YOU.
(EXCUSE MY ENGLISH)

XOXOX, TITA

cparavisini
10-29-2000, 09:42 PM
I AM READY...
I NEVER BE A FAN BUT SHANIA BROKE THE RULES. SHE IS AMAZING !!!
LET'S GO TO TIMMINS.
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OF YOU.
(EXCUSE MY ENGLISH)
XOXOX,
TITA

FV
10-29-2000, 10:35 PM
Tita,
you are welcomed! The more we are in Timmins, the better! Especially for the level of Shania oriented discussions we are going to have with any single Timmins resident..LOL We are proud to be a great group of crazy Shania fans! not to mention that we are all incredibly GORGEOUS! http://www.shania-twain.org/messages/biggrin.gif

------------------
Cheers,
FV

KEV
10-30-2000, 10:58 PM
Thanks for the compliment FV!

Just kidding...but your right FV,we are all gorgeous! We are the greatest fans! http://www.shania-twain.org/messages/biggrin.gif ...of the greatest person that is Shania! http://www.shania-twain.org/messages/smile.gif Titi, welcome aboard! Another Super Shania Fan. http://www.shania-twain.org/messages/smile.gif Shania is AMAZING Titi,no one like her,and you are in the right place. I'll see you in Timmins!!!!! http://www.shania-twain.org/messages/biggrin.gif

Get ready Shania,we're commin'!!!!!!

Super Shania Fan,
KEV

cbspock
10-31-2000, 01:04 AM
FV:
Make sure I am on that email list of yours. I am planning on going
-chris

Steve F
10-31-2000, 07:08 AM
Ditto for me FV, but I think you know. Steve

Originally posted by cbspock: