PDA

View Full Version : Shania in Jeopardy?

Steve F
01-09-2002, 12:42 PM
Actually Shania came up on Jeopardy last night. The question was "Which Country Music star's album premiered at No. 1 on both the Country and Pop Charts, was it Garth Brooks, Shania Twain, or Willie Nelson? He picked Willie. Of course I knew it was Garth. After all, Mercury doesn't seem to want a #1 hit record. They try their best to avoid it. If I remember right, they didn't get COO out to the stores fast enough, so it didn't make it to #1 where it probably would have if they had gotten out the product on time. A friend of mine asked me just last week why she doesn't change labels. I said I don't really know, but I have an idea that even though they haven't been the best promoters in the past for Shania's work, they seem to allow Shania and Mutt to pretty much do their own thing. Maybe other labels wouldn't be as liberal as that, but then I am not an expert on the record industry, so who am I to be talking.

Steve

[ 01-09-2002: Message edited by: Steve F ]

Tee
01-10-2002, 12:23 PM
Hey Steve, Thanks for the news. I also want to say thanks for the Christmas card. Normally I send out Christmas cards with a letter of my family's past year, but this year I just couldn't fit it into my schedule. I have never let that happen before.
Thanks again and tell Terri I said Hi.

Have A Happy Heart!!!
Teresa