PDA

View Full Version : Shania had a Class Reunion in 2000, Mine's Coming up in 2003, When is Yours?

Steve F
03-21-2002, 02:13 PM
We all know that Shania had a Class Reunion at Timmins High in the Summer of 2000. Well, today I got an e-mail from classmates.com informing me to go there for an important announcement. I went there and found out my Class will hold our 40th High School Reunion in July 2003. We haven't held one since our 25th in 1988. I am going and looking forward to it.

So, how about you? When will your next high school reunion be? Will you be going, or is it something that doesn't interest you?

Steve

cbspock
03-21-2002, 11:10 PM
After going to my 10th High School reunion with a bunch of friends 5 years ago, I have no intention of going again. Yes, it was nice seeing old friends again, but for all we paid for it, it was a big waste of time.

-Chris

Mary R
03-22-2002, 12:17 AM
Well, Steve , my 30th high school class reunion is this year. I went to all but my last one which was the 25th. I don't think I'll be going this year either. I don't know, it just doesn't excitment me like it use to. Mary R

FV
03-22-2002, 05:28 AM
I used to keep in touch with my high school friends...but then it gets more difficult..If I had a class reunion I might go, but I do not know how I would feel..

byrdman
03-22-2002, 08:14 AM
My high school class has had reunions every five years since the 15th. I believe I have attended them all. I graduated from Central High School in Philadelphia, PA. Next year is my 40th (I'm with you, Steve) and d.v. I certainly hope to attend. I am in regular contact with a few of my classmates; two of them attended my daughter's wedding last August, and four of us had a "minireunion" in NYC two years ago.
I attended an all boys high school. One of the early rules for the reunions was that they would not include spouses. We actually found that this way we did not spend all our time introducing our wives who probably didn't really want to be there to other wives in the same situation. The guys could reminisce. But, the reunions are purposely held on Saturday afternoon, so that smaller groups, including couples, can get together in the evening. In our group, the one guy who still lives in Philly invites the rest of us (usually a half dozen couples) over to his house in the evening for more fun and socializing.:) i have come to look forward to these reunions.

Al

Roger
03-22-2002, 08:32 AM
There has only ever been one reunion for our high school. It was in 1987 and I missed it because I would have had to take days off work to get back there and I wasn't willing to do that. I would have gone for sure if we had been closer or they had held it on a holiday weekend. It will be 40 years this year since I graduated from high school.

My wife has a high school reunion in late May or early June. I'll go too of course. It's easy to go now we are retired. Unfortunately, I never knew many people from her high school so I'm sure I won't know many people there.

Roger

Steve F
03-22-2002, 01:44 PM
It's nice to know there a few others here who have made it to the HS 40 Club. My wife graduated a year after me, and last Saturday, one of her classmates, and a friend of ours, was killed in a snowmobile accident not far from here. She has lost many from her class. I've been more fortunate and haven't lost too many so far. But of course time is marching on. Al I can see some benefits of an all guy class. At least you don't have be surprised over how much better looking this girl is now, or how much better looking she used to be, etc. I can also see the other side where some people are just not that interested, but I like seeing some of my friends I haven't seen for a long time. Maine is not what you would call a flourishing state, so many of our young people tend to leave and such was the case with my class. They live all over the US and not too many are here. I stayed because...well I can't recall why. :confused: No, I guess it is the quality of life here. We have our share of crime and whatever, but it is still better than many places. I do hate the Winter though. In fact, we got dumped on with about 8-10 inches of snow on the 1st day of Spring. Isn't that special!:D Of course a lot of it has melted. Right now it is only about 16F outside, another nice Spring day. Anyway, I toast all those who are going to their reunions, and I also toast all those who are not, because after all, you did make it to graduation!:)

Steve

AINAHS
03-22-2002, 06:19 PM
I have never attended a high school class reunion, nor has my spouse.

I have been away from my hometown for many years and have only received a mailing from former classmates of a reunion notice once and due to work commitments was not able to make it, but Iwas sorely tempted.

I have not kept up with any former classmates unfortunately, for whatever reason. There were a few I really would like to know about and reminisce with, but so far it has not come to pass.

It has been 41 years since I graduated from high school!