PDA

View Full Version : Do You Know Who She Is?

Steve F
07-03-2002, 11:49 AM
Can you identify this singer? She has a very famous name. A clue, it is not Shania! Here is another clue:

Glen Ballard will be moving his Java Records label to Island/Def Jam and the singer's debut album will remain at Capitol Records where earlier this year Andrew Slater was named President. she and Andy Slater recently took some time to review the record and they have decided to make some small changes to it.

So, she is back in the studio with producer Eric Rosse and her favorite musicians giving a few of the songs some minor face lifts as well as doing a bit of remixing. A firm release date is not yet set. Just like Shania's fans, her fans have been waiting a long time, but for her, it will be her first one. Personally, I've waited a long time myself out of curiosity to hear what she sounds like even though I don't really consider myself a fan. Here is her picture.

http://www.lisapresley.com/images/gallery_images/lisa_now/black_leather.jpg

Steve

Sheri
07-03-2002, 12:27 PM
Is it Sheena Easton?

AINAHS
07-03-2002, 02:23 PM
Lisa Presley

Vivashania
07-03-2002, 03:09 PM
I'll be watching with interest when her debut comes. Like anyone else, Lisa's success will ultimately depend on the quality of the product. Unlike everyone else, she gets a free pass at getting her foot in the door.

It's interesting that Lisa has waited so long. I've heard for years that she was quite talented and, of course, she gets a free shot at the top. Perhaps she has waited until she was really ready and felt she had something to contribute. We'll see. With her esteemed name and at age 34, Lisa's natural fan constituancy may overlap a good bit with Shania's. It should be interesting.

AINAHS
07-03-2002, 04:02 PM
I believe she has made some false starts in her singing career over the years, has she not?

Vivashania
07-03-2002, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by AINAHS
I believe she has made some false starts in her singing career over the years, has she not?

I think so but never a serious attempt with an album and all. That seems to be what's contemplated now.

FV
07-04-2002, 04:50 AM
That's definitively not an easy path for her...she has to prove she can do it on her own without her last name..Good Luck! I am curious to listen to her music..:)

Steve F
07-04-2002, 07:58 AM
Nice going AINAHS. I knew VIVA would get it no doubt. I agree it will be interesting to see how she does, name and all. I have been told she has a good voice, but doesn't do her father's kind of music. Beats me, I've never heard her sing anything to date.

Steve

Zeee!
07-05-2002, 05:45 PM
Lisa's last name ought to prove she can do it. Things like that do tend to run in the family, ya know. Yeah, loved her daddy. I'd buy her album in a heartbeat.