PDA

View Full Version : Rhimes back too

Jud
07-26-2002, 12:30 AM
What a fall it will be, according to www.countrynation.com, L. Rhimes also back with a new album in October, with a single in 5 of august.
And it will have a hint of country only.
It's funny, that all of the women of country-music get back in action in this short time-frame of august-october, from the Chicks to Shania.

cbspock
07-26-2002, 05:20 AM
The male "hat" acts better learn to get creative very fast, The woman are about to take over again. Shania and Faith better bring some spare diapers and pacifiers for the guys, I can hear them whining already. :D

-Chris

FV
07-26-2002, 05:26 AM
L. Rhimes is rather well known here in the UK for her pop songs...also for her duet with Elton John...she seems to be selling OK..not very well, but ok in the UK...It's interesting that Leann is going more pop whereas the Dixies are going more country so to speak..we'll see about Faith and Shania...Lee Ann Womack and Martina McBride are also due to release albums early next year..the next months will be very busy for all!:BL

Roger
07-26-2002, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by cbspock
The male "hat" acts better learn to get creative very fast, The woman are about to take over again
-Chris

I agree. The men could begin by losing those stupid hats!

Roger

cbspock
07-26-2002, 09:59 AM
Interesting that you don't hear much complaining going on that Lee Ann Rimes is going pop, yet the complain when Shania does it. I guess that's because Shania does it the right way, she knows how to make a real country/pop country/rock album.

-Chris

Steve F
07-26-2002, 11:30 AM
My own personal preference is music similar to COO, but I'm easy.shrugs Now as far a an O'Brother Sequel, my guess is it wouldn't be good timing this Fall. I think it would get buried with all the big stars coming back. They should wait until all the big stars are on hiatus again before atttempting another try. True Bluegrass has had a decent run on the wave of the O'Bother Movie, but now it is time for the "stars" to come out! Will the stars come out tonight, will it be cloudy or bright, but I only have musical eyes for you [Shania] :D

steve

Vivashania
07-26-2002, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by cbspock
Interesting that you don't hear much complaining going on that Lee Ann Rimes is going pop, yet the complain when Shania does it. I guess that's because Shania does it the right way, she knows how to make a real country/pop country/rock album.

-Chris

Oh, LeAnn has received plenty criticism for going pop. It has come from the usual suspects including Brad Paisley. LeAnn's hosting of a recent country awards show was quite controversial, following her pronouncements that she intended to pursue a career in pop music and didn't intend to continue recording country.

byrdman
07-26-2002, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Roger

I agree. The men could begin by losing those stupid hats!

Roger

LOL :)

Al

cbspock
07-26-2002, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Vivashania

Oh, LeAnn has received plenty criticism for going pop. It has come from the usual suspects including Brad Paisley. LeAnn's hosting of a recent country awards show was quite controversial, following her pronouncements that she intended to pursue a career in pop music and didn't intend to continue recording country.

That's right, I remember, they roasted her on the ACM's right?

-Chris