PDA

View Full Version : It's Official!!!!!!!!!

AINAHS
09-07-2002, 11:41 PM
ARTS SPECIAL/ARTS SPECIAL | September 8, 2002
Annotated Listings: Pop & Jazz
By BEN RATLIFF (NYT) Results Listing

November

SHANIA TWAIN It seems as if Ms. Twain will be up against the Dixie Chicks this fall for the country blockbuster album. But the Dixie Chicks, because they are musicians, have notions about growing artistically, and Ms. Twain seems likely to produce another steel-plated success engine, piloted by her producer-husband, Mutt Lange. Nov. 12. Mercury Nashville.

www.nytimes.com

Shunyeuh
09-07-2002, 11:45 PM
:eek: Uh Oh I Hope UP Gets It:p

Shunyeuh

talkalot24
09-08-2002, 12:49 AM
How does this article make it official? They could just be going on the old info that was posted on the Mercury site...

AINAHS
09-08-2002, 12:54 AM
When the NY Times publishes it it usually is right.

Jud
09-08-2002, 12:59 AM
Except the hint, that Shania&Mutt aren't musicians:mad:
This man obviously never met the word "respect".

Vivashania
09-08-2002, 01:19 AM
Mr Ratliff sure does jam alot of balderdash into one short paragraph. I thought the Chicks were being praised by Nashville because "Home" does NOT represent anything artistically new and scary for them. So Mutt is "piloting" Shania's album. Do not other artists employ writers, co-writers and producers? Well, I hope it's a good flight and they do find steel-plated success, whatever that is.

AINAHS
09-08-2002, 01:19 AM
I think you are reading between the lines too much here - what he actually says about Shania and Mutt is favorable to the extreme.

rtcmi
09-08-2002, 02:09 AM
I'd say that if someone is saying the album is going to be a success, that sounds like a + to me!

Amanda

cbspock
09-08-2002, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Vivashania
Mr Ratliff sure does jam alot of balderdash into one short paragraph. I thought the Chicks were being praised by Nashville because "Home" does NOT represent anything artistically new and scary for them. So Mutt is "piloting" Shania's album. Do not other artists employ writers, co-writers and producers? Well, I hope it's a good flight and they do find steel-plated success, whatever that is.

I agree Viva. The Dixies are the darlings of Nashville, since the new album is so "traditional", and there is nothing their to rock the boat, or upset the apple cart, that it is what they consider a "safe" album. It is a cookie cutter country album. There is also gossip that Faith is going back to her wrangler roots, whatever that means, Cry was not exactly country music. Seems Nashville is setting the stage to attack Shania, by spinning the Dixies as being innovative. I guess we will see who has more album sales in the end. Shania is already way ahead.

-Chris

cbspock
09-08-2002, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by AINAHS
I think you are reading between the lines too much here - what he actually says about Shania and Mutt is favorable to the extreme.

They are taking a dig at Shania and Mutt. They are saying the Dixies are "musicians" and wanted to "grow" While Shania and Mutt are just interested in stamping out an over produced album, just to sell albums.

-Chris

cbspock
09-08-2002, 09:37 AM
There is one good thing in this artlcle, look at who they have discounted as competition for Shania and the Dixies, just by leaving her name out. :D

-Chris

FV
09-08-2002, 10:36 AM
When the NY Times publishes it it usually is right.
It is not official until Mercury says so...simply because they are the ones who ship the new CD to the stores for the fans to buy...:rolleyes:

AINAHS
09-08-2002, 01:20 PM
The Times did a long picture-esque piece on Shania a few years back that was favorable as I recall and mentioned several of her lesser competitors also - let us not paint all the media with the same brush.

cbspock
09-08-2002, 01:41 PM
The Times did a long picture-esque piece on Shania a few years back that was favorable as I recall and mentioned several of her lesser competitors also - let us not paint all the media with the same brush.

Well, the NY Times is not that great of a paper anyway. It is very bias.

-Chris

AINAHS
09-08-2002, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by cbspock

Well, the NY Times is not that great of a paper anyway. It is very bias.

-Chris What is your favorite NY paper Chris?

cbspock
09-08-2002, 02:11 PM
What is your favorite NY paper Chris?

I don't have one.

-Chris

AINAHS
09-08-2002, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by cbspock

I don't have one.

-Chris Did you ever?

cbspock
09-08-2002, 02:20 PM
Did you ever?

Since this has nothing to do with Shania, we can discuss this off the board.

-Chris

Bryce
09-08-2002, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by FV

It is not official until Mercury says so...simply because they are the ones who ship the new CD to the stores for the fans to buy...:rolleyes:

LOL UP will have gone Diamond before they think its safe to give a release date.:rolleyes:

Bryce

AINAHS
09-08-2002, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Bryce

LOL UP will have gone Diamond before they think its safe to give a release date.:rolleyes:

Bryce u betcha:D