PDA

View Full Version : Fakes!


spike
10-13-2002, 09:49 AM
Hi everyone,
If any of you use the file sharing program, Kazaa, if you type in Shania Twain - Up!, you will get so many results of songs from Shania's new album. But they are all fake. I can't believe that some of the so-called Shania fans would actually put out fake mp3s of the songs. Well, they aren't really fake, they are just the I'm Gonna Getcha Good single loop.

spike

cbspock
10-13-2002, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by spike
Hi everyone,
If any of you use the file sharing program, Kazaa, if you type in Shania Twain - Up!, you will get so many results of songs from Shania's new album. But they are all fake. I can't believe that some of the so-called Shania fans would actually put out fake mp3s of the songs. Well, they aren't really fake, they are just the I'm Gonna Getcha Good single loop.

spike


I guess that was part of Shania's master plan, use the file sharing system against itself. Now you have to hunt for the real version of the song. GOOD JOB SHANIA!!!!! It is easier just to wait til Nov. 4th and get the single.

-Chris

FV
10-13-2002, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by spike
Hi everyone,
If any of you use the file sharing program, Kazaa, if you type in Shania Twain - Up!, you will get so many results of songs from Shania's new album. But they are all fake. I can't believe that some of the so-called Shania fans would actually put out fake mp3s of the songs. Well, they aren't really fake, they are just the I'm Gonna Getcha Good single loop.
spike
It's called spoofing...it's done by the record labels to stop the fans from downloading....:)

spike
10-13-2002, 11:00 AM
Sorry, I wasn't familiar with that term.. and I was just curious, although, I still plan to buy the single and the album.. My curiosity just got to me.. :(

spike

spike
10-13-2002, 11:11 AM
Also, I would like to add that I'm sure all of us at some point have been curious and downloaded rare Shania mp3s. :(

SORRY SHANIA!!!

spike

cbspock
10-13-2002, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by spike
Also, I would like to add that I'm sure all of us at some point have been curious and downloaded rare Shania mp3s. :(

SORRY SHANIA!!!

spike

Yeah...I would have to plead guilty, but I do own every CD single, and just about every version of the albums.

-Chris

FV
10-13-2002, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by spike
Also, I would like to add that I'm sure all of us at some point have been curious and downloaded rare Shania mp3s. :(
SORRY SHANIA!!!
spike
It's OK Spike...I am sure many Shania fans cannot wait to listen to the new album...the Scottish radio station 3C will be previewing a new track from the new album each day before the release in Europe on Nov. 18..and I am sure radio stations in North America will have new radio Shania Specials about the new album before the release...:BL

rtc
10-13-2002, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by FV

It's OK Spike...I am sure many Shania fans cannot wait to listen to the new album...the Scottish radio station 3C will be previewing a new track from the new album each day before the release in Europe on Nov. 18..and I am sure radio stations in North America will have new radio Shania Specials about the new album before the release...:BL

Last time, she did an interview with Lon Helton for COO. I hope she does that again. That would be really cool. I'd love to hear her take on her new songs and tell everyone why she wrote them and what seems to be her most favorite on the album. With COO, her favorite was "Come On Over".

Amanda

Vivashania
10-13-2002, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by rtc


With COO, her favorite was "Come On Over".

Amanda

She mentioned "When" as her favorite in at least one interview and at the Richmond concert. Like most of us, she may have had different favorites at different times. I finally settled on BEBT for myself.

cbspock
10-13-2002, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by rtc


Last time, she did an interview with Lon Helton for COO. I hope she does that again. That would be really cool. I'd love to hear her take on her new songs and tell everyone why she wrote them and what seems to be her most favorite on the album. With COO, her favorite was "Come On Over".

Amanda

I emailed Lon Helton, and there is something in the works, but he didn't know if he was gonna be the host or not. He said he really enjoyed that interview with her. She was quote "alotta fun".

If there is a show, I will have to try and get a copy like that of the labor day show.

-Chris