PDA

View Full Version : This person is not a fan

cbspock
10-17-2002, 03:37 PM
I see frequent questions in this column about Shania Twain: "When is she doing this...when is she doing that?"....I find it hard to understand why her fans are still interested in her when she totally ignored them when she quit to have her baby. When the baby came she wouldn't even announce what gender it was, much less the name. She has proclaimed that she values her privacy so much, that she "wasn't even photographed while she was pregnant." I never see her doing any interviews on TV. Her fans should ignore her for a while, she sounds very uncaring and "stuck-up" to me. (Jimmie, Tyler, TX)

A: Jimmie, I understand your frustration, but I think you're being too hard on Shania and artists like her. Like most artists of her stature, Shania Twain does give 100 percent of her effort when she has a new album to support, like she did with her appearances and big tour in support of her Come On Over CD. (Most big movie stars do the same thing, disappear from the public until they have a new film to promote). So you can expect Shania to do her part to support her new album next year. She simply chooses to be private when she's off to be with her family and make new music. And, she's not alone. George Strait, Alan Jackson, Trisha Yearwood, and many others do very few interviews these days. Faith Hill took a year and a half off from public view to have her baby and record a new album. The Dixie Chicks were totally unavailable for the better part of two years recently. Finally, most performing stars prefer, for safety concerns, not to put their children in front of the media. So, if you truly love big stars like Shania, try respecting their desire to balance their lives by committing quality time to their families, and who take time to make each new album better than the last. Just be glad they continue to work long after they've become rich enough to retire for the rest of their lives.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: When will Shania Twain's new album be released? (Kevin, Mansfield, OH)

A: Kevin, mark your calendar for November 19th. That's when Shania Twain's new album, UP!, will be in your local record stores. Meanwhile you can keep up with all things Shania by checking into www.shania.com. Another note of interest to Shania fans:

SHANIA TO START OFFICIAL FAN CLUB
According to Shania.com, the official Shania Twain fan club will be started up soon. Membership includes exclusive access to advance concert tickets, limited edition merchandise, and a members-only website packed with news, photos, contests, interviews, message board, as well as a live chat room and many other interactive features. Upon joining, you'll also receive a membership package and monthly e-mail updates on everything happening with Shania. Interested fans can get the details at Shania.com, including a chance to sign up so they'll be notified when the club goes into gear.

cbspock
10-17-2002, 03:42 PM
A word to Jimmie..:mad: :mad: :mad:

GROW UP!!!!!!!!!!

-Chris

Roger
10-17-2002, 04:10 PM
Chris who the heck is this recommending shania.com?

Roger

cbspock
10-17-2002, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Roger
Chris who the heck is this recommending shania.com?

Roger

Neil Heilslap [sp]

On countrystars.com

-Chris

Vivashania
10-17-2002, 04:35 PM
Neil is only citing the source of his story. Nothing wrong with that. Remember, up to a month ago the official Shania site was hardly a fountain of information. It may take a while for folks to adjust to the new reality and shania-twain.com has to re-earn a postion of respect as the leading site for Shania info. In the meantime, many reporters have grown used to using shania.com, shania.org and others as their chief sources.

AngelGuy
10-17-2002, 04:59 PM
Jimmie sounds very uncaring and stuck-up himself. What a hypocrite.

As a fan of Shania's music, I never felt the need to know all about her personal pregnancy details. And I didn't feel "ignored" one bit. A rational person can't equate the wanting of a little privacy during a pregnancy with being stuck-up.

But then again, Jimmie doesn't sound very rational.:rolleyes:

cbspock
10-17-2002, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Vivashania
Neil is only citing the source of his story. Nothing wrong with that. Remember, up to a month ago the official Shania site was hardly a fountain of information. It may take a while for folks to adjust to the new reality and shania-twain.com has to re-earn a postion of respect as the leading site for Shania info. In the meantime, many reporters have grown used to using shania.com, shania.org and others as their chief sources.

However, since it is an official Shania announcement, the Mercury site should be sited as the source, and since this person is a country music site, they should always refer back to the label.

-Chris

cbspock
10-17-2002, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by AngelGuy

As a fan of Shania's music, I never felt the need to know all about her personal pregnancy details. And I didn't feel "ignored" one bit. A rational person can't equate the wanting of a little privacy during a pregnancy with being stuck-up.

I agree. Plus everything he "hates" Shania for, is why we respect her. So, Shania wanted some time off, away from the media. Shania's job is a lot different from a 9-5 job, so if Shania needed some privacy, that's her right. Shania did release the information about the sex and name of the baby, and when he was born. Shania is not like Faith, when it comes to her life. Shania does not release a press release when she gets her hair cut. :p

-Chris

talkalot24
10-17-2002, 05:40 PM
Jimmie is probably just a fan of some other singer and wanted to slam Shania. :rolleyes:

Also, Shania did release the sex and name of the baby after he was born!

Don't worry Shania: we all love ya! :)

Vivashania
10-17-2002, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by cbspock

However, since it is an official Shania announcement, the Mercury site should be sited as the source, and since this person is a country music site, they should always refer back to the label.

-Chris

Yeah, I agree. But we will have to be retrained, haha.

Vivashania
10-17-2002, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by AngelGuy

Unfortunately we all see a lot of fans who think they have some sort of personal relationship with a celebrity and feel offended when not catered to. This idea that singers "owe" something to their fans, beyond their professional work, has never set well with me. When I buy a Shania CD I expect it to work in my CD player. When I buy a concert ticket I expect her to show up and give an honest attempt at entertaining me. So far Shania has kept her part of the bargain and doesn't owe me anything else.

Steve F
10-18-2002, 11:51 AM
What's the old saying? " You can please all the people some of the time, but you can't please some of the people all of the time." Maybe I said that wrong or backwards, but I think it says it all. Jimmie is obviously a dork when it comes to Shania, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he isn't all bad.:D

Steve

AINAHS
10-18-2002, 12:18 PM
As Shania reappears in public again we will see lots of these negative comments about her, not only in reviews but on many websites including the CW boards and the VH1 Shania boards. We will just have to live with these and grin and bear it.

We know the truth.

byrdman
10-18-2002, 04:03 PM
I totally agree that Shania has done it all in support of her fans and that she deserved the private time while starting a family. My question is why even publish a letter like this? While I thought that the response to Jimmie's letter was a good one. they could have just omitted the whole question. Or perhaps people like Neil Haislop prefer to raise these issues to make their columns more "controversial.". :rolleyes:

Al

AINAHS
10-18-2002, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by byrdman
I totally agree that Shania has done it all in support of her fans and that she deserved the private time while starting a family. My question is why even publish a letter like this? While I thought that the response to Jimmie's letter was a good one. they could have just omitted the whole question. Or perhaps people like Neil Haislop prefer to raise these issues to make their columns more "controversial.". :rolleyes:

Al You betcha!

Shania's_Sister
10-18-2002, 05:26 PM
Well to me Jimmie needs to grow up and snap out of it SO What if Shania didn't saying anything about her baby boy, Shania likes to keep thing private ya know. I can see why so-called fans give up so easy they can't hang in there like the rest of us can, They want everything to be right they don't care about Shania taking time off, or Shania having a baby all they care about is Shania's music and if Shania isn't back they just give up. So to the So called fans I suggest yu need to grow up and think twice before givin up. :rolleyes:

Carley