PDA

View Full Version : Shania at Star Academy

damianzeking
10-20-2002, 10:32 AM
It sucked !

Just kidding ! :BL

She sang 2 songs : STO and IGGG
STO at the beginning of the show (with Jeremy which isn't a gift considering Jeremy is one of the worst student of the academy, but anyway...) and IGGG just before the most awaited part of the show.
STO was ok, nothing wonderful about it.
(i(d have prefered FTMO... :rolleyes: )
IGGG was quite cool... good voice, good music, and Shania's usual musicians ! :BL
I noticed the asian musician cut his hair ! :)
Anyway it was cool and Shania was introduced more greatly than usually.

Bye, Damien

FV
10-20-2002, 11:12 AM
LOL!:p so you see you like the new song now?....:rolleyes: :BL The audience was WILD for Shania! She rocked!:Bthumb
Please continue discussion in original thread...:)
http://www.shania-twain.org/mb/showthread.php?threadid=6461

Sheri
10-20-2002, 01:58 PM
She did a few different things with YSTO. Subtle, but different. I loved the changes.

cbspock
10-20-2002, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Sheri
She did a few different things with YSTO. Subtle, but different. I loved the changes.

What did she do? All I noticed, was her showing great restraint in not walking over to Jermey and ripping the microphone out of his hands...lol :p

-Chris

Sheri
10-20-2002, 03:07 PM
She just played with a few different notes. Even the very opening hum part. Very subtle stuff, but I liked it. Her voice is rich and strong these days. I even noticed the difference in this performance.

Allow me to clarify that. HA! I made it sound like it wasn't a strong voice before. It's always been beautiful, but now it's even more so. The rest, family time and motherhood have done wonders for her.

cbspock
10-20-2002, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Sheri
She just played with a few different notes. Even the very opening hum part. Very subtle stuff, but I liked it. Her voice is rich and strong these days. I even noticed the difference in this performance.

Allow me to clarify that. HA! I made it sound like it wasn't a strong voice before. It's always been beautiful, but now it's even more so. The rest, family time and motherhood have done wonders for her.

I thought the same thing when I heard her sing IGGG on the show. Shania sounded even stronger live than she did when on the COO tour. Like you said, the rest did her well. I think she needed to slow down a bit since she did not have a chance between TWIM and COO.

-Chris

damianzeking
10-21-2002, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by FV
[B]LOL!:p so you see you like the new song now?....:rolleyes: :BL The audience was WILD for Shania! She rocked!:Bthumb
Please continue discussion in original thread...:)

The new song sounds better in pop version imo.
It is still not my fav' song ever, far from it, but with Shania singing it live and having her usual crew reminded me of great shows. :)
It was cool.

The audience was kinda wild, but they often are at Star Academy, same for the students.
Nikos Alliagas (presentator) seemed to like her much ! :BL
Great idea singing 2 songs in this show.
Hope the album will do good in France.

What is this "original thread" you are talking about, it doesn't seem linked to what I said...

kirppu
10-21-2002, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by damianzeking
What is this "original thread" you are talking about, it doesn't seem linked to what I said... http://www.shania-twain.org/mb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6416

Would this be the right thread? :)

FV
10-21-2002, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by kirppu
http://www.shania-twain.org/mb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6416

Would this be the right thread? :)
Yep...I copied and pasted the wrong one...:o :duh!

Raider
10-22-2002, 04:48 PM
More Star Academy video caps here:

http://www.shaniaforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=218082#post218082

dax
10-22-2002, 05:49 PM
Man that Jeremey is awful don't they screen these people to see if they have a little bit of singing talent?Just so you know everyone i tried to stop him ,but you know what a temper Marvin has!

dax
10-22-2002, 05:52 PM
Its not my fault honest,but i felt it was my duty as a Shania fan to post these vid caps.

cbspock
10-22-2002, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by dax
Man that Jeremey is awful don't they screen these people to see if they have a little bit of singing talent?Just so you know everyone i tried to stop him ,but you know what a temper Marvin has!

:yippee: :yippee: :LMAO

Now, now, now...be nice marvin...lol :p

-Chris

kirppu
10-22-2002, 06:04 PM
LMAO! hehe hehe

:D

FV
10-22-2002, 09:13 PM
LOL! hehe Man ... Marvin is really everywhere..I wanna have the same ship he has..:p :BL
http://www.shania-twain.org/mb/attachment.php?s=&postid=53296

damianzeking
10-23-2002, 01:10 PM
ROFLMAO !!!!!!!!!!

Jeremy sucks, he is the less talented of all and his popularity is the lowest among the students.
Bad gift from the academy producers for shania to sing with him !

She really seemed in distress... :mad: :rolleyes:

Some students are pretty good : emma, nolwenn

rtc
10-23-2002, 02:44 PM
Now now, people! Let's be nice.

Amanda

Sheri
10-24-2002, 12:37 AM
She didn't seem in distress to me. As we know, she loves having fans on stage singing with her. It so doesn't matter if they're on key, remember the words, or whatever. She just loves that connection.