PDA

View Full Version : IGGG Country vs IGGG Pop

cbspock
10-21-2002, 09:12 PM
Well, after getting 2 promo cds off of ebay, I was able to finally hear both the pop and country versions of the song on my stereo in surround sound :D I have to say, I really really like the country version better. The country version has more complicated musical textures to it then the pop version does. This song is definitely up there with IOH as my all time favorite fast Shania song. I am sure the LIVE version is gonna be better than both :D

So, which is your favorite version???

dax
10-21-2002, 09:42 PM
I like the country version just a little bit more than the pop version,but the pop version of the video slightly edges out the country version:)

cbspock
10-21-2002, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by dax
I like the country version just a little bit more than the pop version,but the pop version of the video slightly edges out the country version:)

YEAH!! The pop version of the video is way better. The Shania in the box is more expressive, and the chase on the bike is cut a little different, some of the reaction shots of the robot and Shania are pretty funny.

-Chris

FV
10-21-2002, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by dax
At the beginning I liked the pop version better...but then the more I listened to the country version, the more I captured different sounds in the song...there are a couple of passages in the lyrics that I am not thrilled about, but after listening to the song several times the country version has got me good for sure!:BL It may also be more energetic as a LIVE performance....:GL

Steve F
10-22-2002, 09:41 AM
I like both a lot, but so far, I like the Pop version a little more. It's probably my stronger Pop side coming through. The Country one has a hint of fiddles which are not my strong thing. The Pop version has that little fuzzy thing going on at the end of the chorus which I like better than the Country hint of fiddles. I will say this however, I have come to expect and accept fiddles in Shania's music and find it fits well. She seems to have a way of making the fiddle experience almost a Pop event! Now I haven't seen the Pop video yet so I will have to pass on judgement of that for now.

Steve

kirppu
10-22-2002, 05:28 PM
I like the start of the country version better, but overall I like the pop version better. It flows just a bit better.

After a while listening to the pop version, I listened to the country version the other day. And now I can really hear the differences. Once you hear the other for a while and not the other, you notice the differences better :)

Both very good versions :D

Little Shania
10-22-2002, 08:54 PM
I love both of them equally. LOL :p I can't decide! :p :D